New "Dateline" - 2010.11.12 Kyron Horman case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terri didn't think of calling Desiree to see if Kyron had called her because she already knew the answer. She didn't dare speak to Desiree at all. The same way a lying child doesn't want to talk to their parents.

And Kaine didn't bother to call her.....because ????

You bring up interesting points pertaining their background and history, but to be honest...how is that relevant, really? I can't see how it would help to try & figure out who was "right or wrong". I am sorry, life is messy IMO.

Now that TH rescinded the motion at this point...I see the whole topic as a non-issue (personally)...until at a latter day to be brought up again when TH feels it is convenient to reapply or whatever the correct terminology is.

It is a very big issue for me...the drunk/passed out/no mother Teri was...did not come to KH as a dream or a vision...he would have to know that for awhile and DID nothing about that.....this is PRIOR to the disapperance to Kyron missing...now that PISSES me off...is there a right and wrong...it darn sure is....And Kaine, if this is true sure could have stopped it or not...his call...

bbm~

I did, because that was the subject of one of the random texts she sent to DY that day (or maybe the night before) that DY found odd. Could be just coincidence, but a great way to set up the idea that th fully expected kyron to be going to Medford that day, if she knew he wouldn't be.

I also thought, for the first time, if she has the receipt from the first FM where she DIDN'T by the meds, why doesn't she have one that she got later when she actually bought the meds? I know she has an eye-witness, but where is the receipt for the meds?

jmoo. Sorry if this has been discussed. Just now catching up :)

Do we know she didn't produce a receipt from the 2nd FM?

Well we know Teri was at the school when the secretary called Desi. That being said, why then did the school call Desi while Teri, a primary contact, is standing in front of her. And I could be wrong, didn't Teri and KH both go to the school to begin with and LE had KH go back home ? I'll have to go back and see where I saw that.

Perhaps because they knew the mother would want to know her son was missing? And hoping against hope that somehow she could shed some light on his disappearance and it was all just a mistake?

It is a very big issue for me...the drunk/passed out/no mother Teri was...did not come to KH as a dream or a vision...he would have to know that for awhile and DID nothing about that.....this is PRIOR to the disapperance to Kyron missing...now that PISSES me off...is there a right and wrong...it darn sure is....And Kaine, if this is true sure could have stopped it or not...his call...

How exactly could he force his adult wife to stop anything? Throw her out? Go through a legal battle where he would still have to have joint custody with her? No one gets a baby taken away from them for drinking all by itself. So Kaine would be paying her alimony, sharing custody, and she'd still be drinking around the kids. What's next, kidnapping baby K? Then Kaine is in jail for custodial interference and Terri, still a drunk, gets full custody of baby K.

There is no way Kaine could FORCE Terri to stop drinking or force her to be out of her kids lives. In an ideal world or in the movies, maybe he could have done something. But in this world, where drinking is legal and mothers usually win in court more than fathers do, there is nothing that Kaine could have done to stop Terri that wouldn't cost him more money, cost him time with his kids, and cost him legally.

That is the sobering reality of the situation. There is no Kaine taking the kids away and Terri never seeing them again. That just doesn't happen, and if she's able to get a great criminal attorney, she would be able to hire the best divorce attorney in town if she wasn't the target of a criminal investigation. Kaine didn't have a chance here, in reality, to change anything. He could have suggest she get rehab, but he can't force her to go or force her to change. And maybe if he made those suggestions, Terri would get worse and hurt herself or the kids because Kaine dared to question her and her mothering skills. We don't know that he didn't try to get her help and she just didn't want it. When people are adults, there is little legally other people can do stop them from destroying themselves. They have to want to change and make their lives better. It has to come from within them to want to change. Obviously, Terri doesn't want to change and that's evident through her silence and unwillingness to talk, submit to evaluations, and fight for her child.

Terri is responsible for Terri and doesn't get a pass because someone else didn't force her to change. To say that Kaine could have prevented this is or just done something to change things does not correlate with the reality of the situation. There just isn't much Kaine could have done to get Terri away from the kids, especially baby K.

That certainly doesn't sound like a person who thinks only of herself. I imagine it's just the routine of the "system" kicking in that made the secretary do her job in getting hold of Kyron's emergency contact. You know, when panic sets in and everyone suddenly does everything they're supposed to do.

Nine times out of ten, a guilty person does not want to "discover" the crime, nor do they want to call 911, and if they can get out of talking to the family of their victim(s) they will. It's pretty common.

You bring up interesting points pertaining their background and history, but to be honest...how is that relevant, really? I can't see how it would help to try & figure out who was "right or wrong". I am sorry, life is messy IMO.

Now that TH rescinded the motion at this point...I see the whole topic as a non-issue (personally)...until at a latter day to be brought up again when TH feels it is convenient to reapply or whatever the correct terminology is.

I know nothing about their background or history...none of us do..never said I did.. if I did...set me straight...all I know based on the discussion here..Teri was a drunk and Kaine did what from here. I don't know them from Adam...All I know Kyron still hasn't been found...

If they could plan anything while in shock they could have divided up the tasks. You call X, X and X, I get in touch with the police etc.

Nine times out of ten, a guilty person does not want to "discover" the crime, nor do they want to call 911, and if they can get out of talking to the family of their victim(s) they will. It's pretty common.

Just pointing out, Terri had no problem calling 911 when the cops failed a sting on her, so using the above logic, does that mean she wasn't involved with any MFHP?

Not for sure. But it's not been mentioned that she did have a receipt. And if she bought meds and her alibi is driving a fussy baby around then putting her in gym daycare a few hours later, and her explanation for going to the second FM by her gym is to buy meds that weren't available at the first, it sure seems like an important part of the alibi not to have heard anything about. jmoo

How exactly could he force his adult wife to stop anything? Throw her out? Go through a legal battle where he would still have to have joint custody with her? No one gets a baby taken away from them for drinking all by itself. So Kaine would be paying her alimony, sharing custody, and she'd still be drinking around the kids. What's next, kidnapping baby K? Then Kaine is in jail for custodial interference and Terri, still a drunk, gets full custody of baby K.

There is no way Kaine could FORCE Terri to stop drinking or force her to be out of her kids lives. In an ideal world or in the movies, maybe he could have done something. But in this world, where drinking is legal and mothers usually win in court more than fathers do, there is nothing that Kaine could have done to stop Terri that wouldn't cost him more money, cost him time with his kids, and cost him legally.

That is the sobering reality of the situation. There is no Kaine taking the kids away and Terri never seeing them again. That just doesn't happen, and if she's able to get a great criminal attorney, she would be able to hire the best divorce attorney in town if she wasn't the target of a criminal investigation. Kaine didn't have a chance here, in reality, to change anything. He could have suggest she get rehab, but he can't force her to go or force her to change. And maybe if he made those suggestions, Terri would get worse and hurt herself or the kids because Kaine dared to question her and her mothering skills. We don't know that he didn't try to get her help and she just didn't want it. When people are adults, there is little legally other people can do stop them from destroying themselves. They have to want to change and make their lives better. It has to come from within them to want to change. Obviously, Terri doesn't want to change and that's evident through her silence and unwillingness to talk, submit to evaluations, and fight for her child.

Terri is responsible for Terri and doesn't get a pass because someone else didn't force her to change. To say that Kaine could have prevented this is or just done something to change things does not correlate with the reality of the situation. There just isn't much Kaine could have done to get Terri away from the kids, especially baby K.

You pick up your children if they are in danger and walk out the door...darn the consequences....that can be dealt with later...a child life is more important than the whatevers to me...Kaine.did not do that...

Just pointing out, Terri had no problem calling 911 when the cops failed a sting on her, so using the above logic, does that mean she wasn't involved with any MFHP?

Just point out, she called 911 so she wouldn't have to answer the landscaper and so she could keep herself separate from the MFH plot. She knew him on sight, had to know he was wired, and so what else is there to do but call 911 and end the potentially damaging sting before it even starts? So yes, it still does fit the logic. And if she had no problem calling when that sting happened, why didn't she call 911 the second she learned Kyron was missing? She's so quick to call, but not when a beloved child she raised from infancy is missing. Hmmm. Something to think about.

We don't know that she produced any receipt at all! We only know she emailed someone "saying" she had a receipt from the first FM. That's it. And we don't know what was on the alleged receipt.

Well we know Teri was at the school when the secretary called Desi. That being said, why then did the school call Desi while Teri, a primary contact, is standing in front of her. And I could be wrong, didn't Teri and KH both go to the school to begin with and LE had KH go back home ? I'll have to go back and see where I saw that.

The secretary called Desiree because "they" (we don't know who she means) asked her to.

You pick up your children if they are in danger and walk out the door...darn the consequences....that can be dealt with later...a child life is more important than the whatevers to me...Kaine.did not do that...

Right, so going to jail and losing complete custody to Terri does what exactly? That's the reality here. That is what would happen. He would not walk out the door and not have the police coming after him for kidnapping his own child. He can't darn the consequences because those consequences would catch up with him and he would lose total custody to Terri. That doesn't solve anything except in the movies.

He was busy tearing home to see if Kyron somehow made it there and to wait for LE?

Oh, maybe his cell phone didn't get service there?

I'm sorry, he should have picked up the phone and immediately called the biological mother of his son, and frankly, I'll bet you my bottom dollar that, she's read him the riot act over that lack of communication!

As, pointed out by another poster upthread, txsvicki, Kyron could have been running away.....running away from his drunken step mother.....trying to get to his real mother's protection.

Kaine should have called Desiree..... not Terri.....not the school secretary. That's just how I feel.

According to this it was 4:25:

When Desiree Young's phone rang at 4:25 p.m. on June 4, she answered, not knowing the call would forever change her life.

Susan Hall, the secretary at Skyline School, was calling Young because she was listed as an emergency contact for Young's son, second-grader Kyron Horman.

"She told me, 'I need to notify you that he's missing,' and I said, 'What?'" Young recalled in an interview with The Oregonian. "She said, 'He's missing.'

And I said, 'I don't understand what you mean, he's missing. How can he be missing?' And she said, 'I'm sorry, they asked for me to call you.'"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_recalls_d.html

He was talking to LE and trying to find his son. Time was absolutely of the essence.

No, because she felt she was the 'victim' in this case. Apple and oranges. Perpetrators of crime are the ones who don't want to call 911.

It is a very big issue for me...the drunk/passed out/no mother Teri was...did not come to KH as a dream or a vision...he would have to know that for awhile and DID nothing about that.....this is PRIOR to the disapperance to Kyron missing...now that PISSES me off...is there a right and wrong...it darn sure is....And Kaine, if this is true sure could have stopped it or not...his call...[/quote)

-------------------------

Wow, why blame the victim...WTH...????

Kaine learned after Kyron disappeared a friend or neighbor mentioned after they visited liquor was missing...& it seemed to me that was something new to him. I think he missed or perhaps didn't clue in to a lot of different behaviors for whatever reasons IMO and found out things later. IMO he wasn't perhaps an attentive husband for sure, but did he deserve the outcome? If TH was responsible; of course Kyron (no child) deserved this.

WOW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member