New "Dateline" - 2010.11.12 Kyron Horman case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, maybe his cell phone didn't get service there?

I'm sorry, he should have picked up the phone and immediately called the biological mother of his son, and frankly, I'll bet you my bottom dollar that, she's read him the riot act over that lack of communication!

As, pointed out by another poster upthread, txsvicki, Kyron could have been running away.....running away from his drunken step mother.....trying to get to his real mother's protection.

Kaine should have called Desiree..... not Terri.....not the school secretary. That's just how I feel.

But why call the out of town bio mother who can't do anything about it if it's just a misunderstanding? What it Kyron hadn't really been missing? Then he would have been calling Desiree for nothing. I bet he was trying to get a handle on the situation and figure out what was going on and if Kyron was really missing. I'm sure once it was verified that Kyron hadn't run away or wasn't hiding in a closet at the school that he probably was on the phone talking to Desiree. She was three hours away. No point in worrying her needlessly if Kyron is not missing.

Just pointing out, Terri had no problem calling 911 when the cops failed a sting on her, so using the above logic, does that mean she wasn't involved with any MFHP?

Nope. She was backed into a corner, and fully expected LE to try something like that. It was a very amateur attempt at a sting.

You pick up your children if they are in danger and walk out the door...darn the consequences....that can be dealt with later...a child life is more important than the whatevers to me...Kaine.did not do that...

Isn't that what he did? When did Kaine learn that he and the baby were in danger? It was my understanding that it was immediately upon being informed of the MFH that he left. He said there were problems but he never felt at the time she was capable of any of this, he was shocked.

And Kaine didn't bother to call her.....because ????

Possibly because he was busy rushing back home as per LE's instructions. Also, he was wrapped up in the horrible mind-racing that goes on when you are panicked. He also seems like a very linear guy, and was thinking, I gotta talk to these cops first, and it'll take her hours to get here anyway. What's the best sequence of events we need to follow to find Kyron now.

That said, if one of our children went missing, I would expect my ex to call me because he cares about the child and our shared bond. I think that I would call him as well in that instance. An example was when my young son once cracked his head open while playing, and he called me right away to tell me he was taking him in for stitches and to meet them at the hospital. I would really be put off if his wife called me, and naturally, she would take the brunt of my shock if something as serious as a missing child happened.

She called 911 to report threats against her, not threats that would later turn out to have been made by her.

Right, so going to jail and losing complete custody to Terri does what exactly? That's the reality here. That is what would happen. He would not walk out the door and not have the police coming after him for kidnapping his own child. He can't darn the consequences because those consequences would catch up with him and he would lose total custody to Terri. That doesn't solve anything except in the movies.

who says he goes to jail??? Or loses complete custody...Who say's kidnapping...He can say I'm going to Mom and Dad's until we work this out...KH has and had the ability to protect his children if he had something to be suspicious of...I can guarantee you if I thought my child/children was in danger of their mother/step mother...you can bet I would do whatever I had to do to protect Them...and not me....

Paula, I wish I was as confident as you that there will be a trial. (I am not taking the DA at his word-all DA's say huge cases like this will go to trial, would not expect him to say anything else.)

If they do go to trial, and it is a circumstantial case, without Kyron...I hope they have a really solid case. And while I am suspicious of Terri, I am still waiting to see even one thing that points to her having done away with Kyron.

Lots of things point to her being a flake, a bad role model, possibly bi-polar, an addict, etc...nearly all of the above could also make someone act as guilty as can be. I don't think I have missed a single story, rumor, fact or hint about this case and yet I have not seen anything to convict of her kidnapping and/or harming Kyron on that day, or ever, for that matter. As much as juries want to convict someone in a case involving a child, when it comes down to it, they really do want to be as sure as possible.

Terri didn't think of calling Desiree to see if Kyron had called her because she already knew the answer. She didn't dare speak to Desiree at all. The same way a lying child doesn't want to talk to their parents.

Wasn't it you who insisted that Terri told the school to call Desiree instead of taking the time herself to call? Why would she tell the school to call if she already knew the answer?

Isn't that what he did? When did Kaine learn that he and the baby were in danger? It was my understanding that it was immediately upon being informed of the MFH that he left. He said there were problems but he never felt at the time she was capable of any of this, he was shocked.

not that I am aware of...to me, and please correct me if I am wrong...Teri was a drunk before the ludicrous MHF plot...that was after the fact...if Teri was a drunk and unfit...he should have taken the children out of that home, then and there...

who says he goes to jail??? Or loses complete custody...Who say's kidnapping...He can say I'm going to Mom and Dad's until we work this out...KH has and had the ability to protect his children if he had something to be suspicious of...I can guarantee you if I thought my child/children was in danger of their mother/step mother...you can bet I would do whatever I had to do to protect Them...and not me....

And Terri would just sit back and let that happen? Look at what she's done with the criminal investigation so far. She is not just going to let him go to his mother's for a weekend. She is going to be calling 911 to get the police to arrest him for taking off with the kids. She did that exact thing when he took baby K, and if it hadn't been for RO, I bet things would have been really nasty. Maybe he would have got the kids away for a few days, but come on, she's not going to lay down and change because Kaine takes the kids away for a few days. She's going to fight him like a rabid dog for custody. And yes, if he's put in jail, she's the only parent left for baby K. So she would get full custody.

I'm sure everyone has the intention to protect their kids and not themselves, but they have to look at the long term consequences of their actions. No one can just take kids away from their mother. The way too sympathetic courts most often have those kids back with her no matter how bad she is. And I briefly worked for DHS in Oklahoma, and I couldn't believe what kind of mothers got their kids back that were way worse than Terri is.

It's nice to want to to be the hero, but in reality, Kaine couldn't do that without legal repercussions and losing custody, partial or full, of baby K. That is a fact.

Wasn't it you who insisted that Terri told the school to call Desiree instead of taking the time herself to call? Why would she tell the school to call if she already knew the answer?

Easy. Because she knew Desiree had to be told, but she didn't want to be the one to do it. She pawned that difficult task off to a virtual stranger. Perhaps Terri knew Desiree would be able to see right through her.

The school secretary, the police or someone else she talked to might possibly have brought the subject up, ("How about her mom, any other relatives, friends he could have left to see, have you called them?") and she could have figured out that it was the expected thing.

And Terri would just sit back and let that happen? Look at what she's done with the criminal investigation so far. She is not just going to let him go to his mother's for a weekend. She is going to be calling 911 to get the police to arrest him for taking off with the kids. She did that exact thing when he took baby K, and if it hadn't been for RO, I bet things would have been really nasty. Maybe he would have got the kids away for a few days, but come on, she's not going to lay down and change because Kaine takes the kids away for a few days. She's going to fight him like a rabid dog for custody. And yes, if he's put in jail, she's the only parent left for baby K. So she would get full custody.

I'm sure everyone has the intention to protect their kids and not themselves, but they have to look at the long term consequences of their actions. No one can just take kids away from their mother. The way too sympathetic courts most often have those kids back with her no matter how bad she is. And I briefly worked for DHS in Oklahoma, and I couldn't believe what kind of mothers got their kids back that were way worse than Terri is.

It's nice to want to to be the hero, but in reality, Kaine couldn't do that without legal repercussions and losing custody, partial or full, of baby K. That is a fact.

When you are dealing with a drunk that's so unfit, you don't know what the law is or is not...you deal with the situation at hand. And if the children were in harm's way, accordinging to KH, then get them out of the situation and deal with the law of the land later... who thinks about the law under such circumstances...unless someone has researched it already...

When you are dealing with a drunk that's so unfit, you don't know what the law is or is not...you deal with the situation at hand. And if the children were in harm's way, accordinging to KH, then get them out of the situation and deal with the law of the land later... who thinks about the law under such circumstances...unless someone has researched it already...

It doesn't matter if a person thinks about the law. Ignorance is not a legal plea to breaking the law. Thinking about it or not, Kaine would have to pay consequences if he took the kids away from Terri. Doing so would not do the kids any good. It would just disrupt their lives and Terri would get more control of them, the exact opposite of the intention of getting the kids away from her in the first place. It just wouldn't work in the end.

I'm sorry. This thread has gone way OT. This is my last post on the subject. We can agree to disagree, but the law doesn't lie.

It doesn't matter if a person thinks about the law. Ignorance is not a legal plea to breaking the law. Thinking about it or not, Kaine would have to pay consequences if he took the kids away from Terri. Doing so would not do the kids any good. It would just disrupt their lives and Terri would get more control of them, the exact opposite of the intention of getting the kids away from her in the first place. It just wouldn't work in the end.

I'm sorry. This thread has gone way OT. This is my last post on the subject. We can agree to disagree, but the law doesn't lie.

We don't know that they could have worked it out between them..I think they could have...

It is a very big issue for me...the drunk/passed out/no mother Teri was...did not come to KH as a dream or a vision...he would have to know that for awhile and DID nothing about that.....this is PRIOR to the disapperance to Kyron missing...now that PISSES me off...is there a right and wrong...it darn sure is....And Kaine, if this is true sure could have stopped it or not...his call...
Your point is taken and it has been discussed within limits when we first heard this information. Many people have questioned the delay on action on kaine's part, and there has already been a good exchange of ideas on this. I encourage you to look up those threads,and tread lightly, because if it turns more towards a Kaine bash it won't be tolerated.
Thanks for your cooperation,Kappy. It is appreciated. He is the father of a missing youngster first and foremost.

Just point out, she called 911 so she wouldn't have to answer the landscaper and so she could keep herself separate from the MFH plot. She knew him on sight, had to know he was wired, and so what else is there to do but call 911 and end the potentially damaging sting before it even starts? So yes, it still does fit the logic. And if she had no problem calling when that sting happened, why didn't she call 911 the second she learned Kyron was missing? She's so quick to call, but not when a beloved child she raised from infancy is missing. Hmmm. Something to think about.

And WHY didn't Kaine? Why wasn't Kaine so quick to call when a beloved child he raised from infancy is missing? They were both together when they heard from the bus driver that Kryon had not been in school ALL DAY LONG! And WHY didn't Kaine call Desiree immediately, and ask "is he there with you?". I can guarantee you that that's one of the first phone calls LE would have made. "Do you think he might have run away?" "If so, where do you think he might have gone?" "Maybe trying to get away to his bio mother?"

It's quite common for perpetrators of crime to want someone else to "find" what they have done, call 911 and/or call the family. It's one reason I'm so suspicious of Tiffany Hartley.

And WHY didn't Kaine? Why wasn't Kaine so quick to call when a beloved child he raised from infancy is missing? They were both together when they heard from the bus driver that Kryon had not been in school ALL DAY LONG! And WHY didn't Kaine call Desiree immediately, and ask "is he there with you?". I can guarantee you that that's one of the first phone calls LE would have made. "Do you think he might have run away?" "If so, where do you think he might have gone?" "Maybe trying to get away to his bio mother?"

Because Kaine is a rational, logical man. That is a very emotional response you're talking about, one his wife should have had, who did that have that when faced with the landscaper. Kaine would not have gone off the deep end immediately because that's not how men like him think. My husband's grandmother had a major stroke last Friday. She had a complete recovery, but he didn't have a emotional reaction to it until about three days later. That's just how logical, rational men are. They don't go off the deep end like emotional women do, and I'm one of those emotional women, so I know that for a fact.

He would have gone with logic and reason, and only when that didn't work would he have panicked. It's the way he's been this whole case so far. Terri should have been panicking and calling everyone, but she wasn't. She wanted other people to make phone calls for her. That's not the picture of the perfect loving mother since Kyron was an infant, that's a picture of someone trying to distance themselves from what is going on. And why? Because she was a big part of the reason Kyron went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow