New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't thought it out yet and I don't see how these pleadings would suggest it, but could the hearing have anything to do with new charges/victims possibly? Those talking about a bomb shell.....any speculation on what it might be. I think it would be ok to speculate just as the rest of us have been.

MOO: More bodies in that grave. LE said deep grave and Kjn net says Mickey was covered with thin layer of dirt.
"Mouton said a task force of law enforcement officers found a body, jewelry and clothing buried in what they described as a 5-foot deep grave."

http://www.wafb.com/story/19234289/former-inmate-talks-about-brandon-lavergne?clienttype=printable

Also MSM reported: "Police say they also found clothing and possibly jewelry." Isn't it easy to identify jewelry, unless it wasn't Mickey's?

http://www.katc.com/news/history-behind-cemetery-where-police-believe-mickey-shunick-was-buried/

IMO Why such a deep grave with only a thin layer on top of Mickey unless Mickey was the last victim to be placed in that grave.

MOO: More bodies in that grave. LE said deep grave and Kjn net says Mickey was covered with thin layer of dirt.
"Mouton said a task force of law enforcement officers found a body, jewelry and clothing buried in what they described as a 5-foot deep grave."

http://www.wafb.com/story/19234289/former-inmate-talks-about-brandon-lavergne?clienttype=printable

Also MSM reported: "Police say they also found clothing and possibly jewelry." Isn't it easy to identify jewelry, unless it wasn't Mickey's?

http://www.katc.com/news/history-behind-cemetery-where-police-believe-mickey-shunick-was-buried/

IMO Why such a deep grave with only a thin layer on top of Mickey unless Mickey was the last victim to be placed in that grave.

This freaks me out if it's the case.....

Wouldn't he have been charged with more murders if other bodies were found in the grave? I'm not saying they weren't, but if they were, wouldn't that be the case?

Art. 292. Order for preliminary examination before and after indictment

The court, on request of the state or the defendant, shall immediately order a preliminary examination in felony cases unless the defendant has been indicted by a grand jury.

After the defendant has been indicted by a grand jury, the court may rescind its order for a preliminary examination.

An order for a preliminary examination in felony cases may be granted by the court at any time, either on its own motion or on request of the state or of the defendant before or after the defendant has been indicted by a grand jury.

Amended by Acts 1974, Ex.Sess. No. 16, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1975.

BBM If there are new charges being brought, a grand jury would not have indicted BSL on them yet. Possibly the DA is using the preliminary examination as a means of obtaining that indictment instead of having to wait until a grand jury is reconvened. Just a thought.

BSL's attorneys are seasoned criminal lawyers and they would have worked out the plea to cover not only Mickey and Lisa but any future cases as well. They could be announcing charges but these would be taken care of with any plea deal.

We have heard for some time now that BSL may be tied to other missing persons/murders. I really am beginning to think that this reason is the most likely.

The other options really don't fit as neatly as this option. It's way to early to be talking about what is admissible. Normally, the title given to this hearing I don't believe is what you would normally see if a guilty plea was being entered. I'm not aware of anyone whose death is imminent, though I suppose that is possible. But new charges would fit perfectly with the title/name of this hearing. JMO What are your thoughts?

It really is not too early. One of the purposes of an evidentiary hearing can be for the defense to find out what the prosecution plans to use in their case.
Remember even though we all pretty much think BSL is guilty, in the eyes of the law, he is still innocent and is given every opportunity to defend himself.

I've never thought it was an accident. I've always thought it was intentional. I've thought everything he's done was wrong. I was just agreeing with Boudin that I was surprised as to the location she was found in. It didn't seem to add up with my opinion of BSL. It was also quite different from his previous victim Lisa, in which she was just strewn in a yard with boards placed on top of her. It seems like there was more care taken with Mickey and I would like to have more information to know why. Did he know her? Did he feel bad? (Not that this changes anything at all) Or was it simply to make him look a little better if she was ever found? That's all I want to know and all I'm trying to say.

I do not think that BSL chose that location. I think that location would be one that a feminine mind would choose. I believe that another person selected that location. I do not know who except that it is a female.

This freaks me out if it's the case.....

Well that might be the two others we have heard people "gossip" about.

Hence the 3 shallow graves on the farmers land...
jmo

Wouldn't he have been charged with more murders if other bodies were found in the grave? I'm not saying they weren't, but if they were, wouldn't that be the case?

Would they have to identify them first before he could be "charged"? I really don't know.
I do not think that BSL chose that location. I think that location would be one that a feminine mind would choose. I believe that another person selected that location. I do not know who except that it is a female.
Good point!

Testimony will be given Friday in a hearing related to accused murderer Brandon Scott Lavergne, but court officials have not disclosed the identity of the person to testify.

"Perpetuation is primarily used for a witness who otherwise might not be available for
trial," either because of illness, death or they don't have a fixed address, "

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120815/NEWS01/208150328/-1/rss01

BBM - possibly a homeless person at Whiskey Bay ??!!?? hmmmmmmm

There was a news story on KLFY at 5 interviewing Ali's family's PI. He thinks he has found connection between BSL and Ali. Tips at time of disappearance saw DWT, domestic kind, extended cab. They gave partial license plate. He never could find match on Texas plates. He just found that the numbers he has matches BSL's 2005 white GMC!!!!:what:

No link yet on KLFY

Hi Sleuthers. A newbie here. KLFY just ran a story about BSL's connection to Ali Lowitzer from Spring, TX with information given by her family's private investigator

Didn't bsl have some kind of sick thing with cemeteries when he was younger? I could see him picking this place...it is out of the way where he wouldn't be seen. He's probably known about this cemetery for a long time.

Hi Sleuthers. A newbie here. KLFY just ran a story about BSL's connection to Ali Lowitzer from Spring, TX with information given by her family's private investigator

Even "couyons" are welcome at Websleuths!!!!!!
Glad to have you here :) You damn couyon!

:welcome4:

My grandparents and my daddy spoke Cajun French too. They were from Abbeville. I was well into adulthood before I realized that not everyone from Abbeville spoke French. I still have a hard time not associating the two!

My husband's parents are from Abbeville and Jeanerette, and I find the accents charming, and not at all stupid. :)

Cajun primer for non-locals...

"Coullion" or the vernacular, "couyon," is the Cajun term for "DUMBA**."

I love it!

I don't understand why you see it that way. Also, I was told that Lisa was also buried, although not that deep, and that then boards were placed over her.

Welcome to WS!!!

That is definitely something....if it is connected to him, we've got to wonder just how many missing people/murders this guy is involved in!

There was a news story on KLFY at 5 interviewing Ali's family's PI. He thinks he has found connection between BSL and Ali. Tips at time of disappearance saw DWT, domestic kind, extended cab. They gave partial license plate. He never could find match on Texas plates. He just found that the numbers he has matches BSL's 2005 white GMC!!!!:what:

No link yet on KLFY

This reminds me of pulling up a long, long weed root that goes all the way through your garden, or drilling out some rust in a fender and finding that it goes and goes, and you end up repairing spots 12 inches away from the original rust spot.

Hope they rip it out by the roots.

I am certainly no legal scholar, period, and definitely know nothing about Louisiana law, but from what I am reading by definition alone, an evidentiary hearing is a formal examination of charges by the receiving of testimony by interested persons, and receiving evidence in support or in defense of specific charges which may have been made. Just from reading this, and common sense, it seems to me that they cant, at a hearing, just spring new charges on him at that time...seems he would have to have already been charged with any crime that the hearing would include...now, if they charge him with additional crimes between now and friday morning, perhaps they could be included in the hearing, but if not, I would think this hearing will only pertain to the crimes he has already been charged with...jmo
http://definitions.uslegal.com/e/evidentiary-hearing/

ETA...That doesnt mean that there cant or wont still be a bombshell or two.

What odd things in the trees?? Do you mean those little shiny things?

ETA: Oh, nevermind. I figured it out. Those are owls atop the trees. It's hard to tell if they're horned or spotted underneath those tin foil hats. :D

Seriously, even in Google Earth, I can't make them out on my laptop screen. They just turn into white blobs when I zoom in. Interesting, though. I do enjoy the perspective visible from "above" the earth. Guess that's what is meant by a bird's eye view.

Could they be power transmission towers?

When I read tin foil hats I choked on my Dr Pepper!!!! They just stuck out to me as odd ... could really be egrets or something. Also, the fact that Google Earth had imagery dated May 31, 2012 caught my attention ... it is a very remote location but more updated (by years) than many other more populated places. Just found it interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misclicked