New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxfire, also sometimes referred to as "fairy fire", is the bioluminescence created by some species of fungi present in decaying wood. The bluish green glow is attributed to luciferase, an oxidizing agent, which emits light as it reacts with luciferin. Although the purpose is unknown, it is widely believed that the light is meant to attract insects to spread its spores or act as a warning to hungry animals, similar to the bright colors exhibited by some species of animals.[1] Although generally very dim, in some cases it can be bright enough to read by.[2]

I find this very interesting K.jill!!! I think quite a few missed my earlier post about the name of the cemetery. It is generally referenced as Pinseclair. In French: Pin s'eclair I am sure that the other spellings are a result of people writing down what the words sound like. That is common here as Cajun French is an archaic form of the language compared to formal or Parisian French and is not formally written (though there are some dictionaries that have been compiled) If you speak French, you know what I mean and as it would be pronounced "panz-clair". The literal translation would be "light pine" or "lightening pine". I found some old Ping images of the cemetery and the tree color varies with those closest to the cemetery being almost a gray green. I'll try to link.

Anyway--back to the white dots---interesting if the older folks named it "lightening pine" due to the white lights--

What I see when I zoom in closely is like there are the words Google and the date very faintly superimposed. That makes me wonder if the image is a pic that has some kind of overlay to copy-right it and they are floating dust particles These are dust particles floating in the air in front of the lens. "The flash illuminates them, and they show up as white spots because they are out of focus. If you use the repeat mode on your camera, you'll see them in
different places each time--or you may get lucky and get a shot without
them." Is what I found as an explanation on a digital photos blog.

I agree that I would imagine a plea deal would be in place already as well.

I will defer to you locals on the second point. Here, it would would not be named what it is in this pleading and the DA would not call for the hearing if it was the defense seeking the discovery. Like I said before, I'm not familiar with LA law and while there are many similarities from state to state there are also many differences. I will defer to the locals. Oh and absolutely, he's innocent until proven guilty from a legal point of view. I don't think I said he wasn't and certainly didn't mean to imply otherwise and apologize if I did.

I didn't mean that you implied his guilt. :) Just meant that the judge will allow his team to use the evidentiary hearing to "discover" what the prosecution is using as his basis. Especially in a case like this one, the judge will want to insure that BSL is granted any and all opportunities for a fair trial so he has no recourse on appeal.

Also, you can rotate the view giving you different photos of the area. I don't see the white things. I am not sure what dates these pics on Bing are from but it looks like they are during the fall.

I was thinking too that the dates would influence what we see. Certain birds migrate at different times of the year. Of course, the angle of the sun is different too if there is any type of say solar collector or metal marker, it might reflect in the right direction for Google Earth to catch it during one season and not another.

I egret posting about the spots. LMAO

LOL Lera! I'm surprised no one has suggested un feu follet yet!

Okay--something today also peeked my interest and had me staring at the photos. One of my students from Crowley told me that some boys she knew claimed to recently be at a "camp" on land right there by that cemetery. I questioned her as to whether she meant the house where Lisa was found, which I have also heard referred to as a "camp". She insisted no..it was by Pinseclair.

Old images do not show the pond that is in the cleared/farm area to the west. Most of my friends with "camps" dig a post to fish in and have some little house or trailer near-by--often for duck hunting, etc. I wonder if you might not see something like that due to the dense trees.

Wouldn't a GJ need to indict first?

I have racked my brain so much about this Friday hearing that if you asked me my name I would probably doubt the answer I give you. In any case, again, not knowing LA law, but generally speaking, an indictment is simply a criminal charge or accusation. In order to proceed to a trial against the person whom that charge is levelled against, there must first be a determination that there is probably cause to proceed. This is a way lesser burden than is faced a the actual trial itself but it is also aimed at preventing people from being tried on baseless accusations in the first place. There are 2 general ways in which a determination is made as to whether or not that probably cause to proceed is present. One is the Grand Jury as we saw already with BSL, in which evidence is presented to form of a jury who then decides if there is enough evidence, or probably cause, to proceed with the indictment. The other method one can see used is a preliminary hearing or examination, in which case the evidence is presented to a Judge instead of a Grand Jury and the Judge determines if there is sufficient evidence, or probably cause, to proceed with the indictment.

Again, I'm not familiar with LA law but that is a basic breakdown of how indictments can be issued or probably cause found to proceed. I have no idea if that's what's going on here. Friday can't get here fast enough to find out. The idea of a homeless person makes sense too if they're just preserving or perpetuating testimony. :banghead::banghead:

I'm wondering if we need a thread for the the DWDots now. :rocker: Think its bedtime here. Getting slap happy and brain has gone to mush.

Wouldn't a GJ need to indict first?

I believe Louisiana also has the Bill of Information method of bringing charges -- but don't know if it would be a likely route to add additional cases at this point. (I would think maybe so, though.)

The information below might be helpful, although it is not specific to the state of Louisiana:

There are three methods through which a charge of first degree murder can proceed to trial:
a. Bill of Information (preliminary hearing)
b. Grand Jury
c. Multiple Means (A combination 1 & 2).
In most cases, State Law stipulates one form or the other; Bill of Information or Grand Jury. Some states allow either one or require the charge to proceed through both a preliminary hearing (Bill of Information) and then to Grand Jury.
a. Bill of Information: (probable cause)
A Bill of Information is the result of a preliminary hearing. In a preliminary hearing, the State is required to convince the judge that probable cause exists that the defendant committed a crime. Proceedings are open to the public with the defendant and counsel present. A preliminary hearing is not a trial. The evidence required for the State to proceed to trial is less than that required for a conviction at trial. Most defense attorneys do not present evidence at a preliminary hearing for several reasons:

1. The State is not required to give disclosure of its evidence to the defendant prior to the hearing. Defense counsel may not know what the State will present, making it difficult to rebut the State’s case at this early stage.
  2. If the State presents evidence that the defendant committed the offense, most judges feel obligated to send the case to trial even if the defendant has made a compelling case that he or she did not commit the offense.
If the State convinces the judge that probable cause exists, the State can then file the Bill of Information with the trial court.
more at link: http://www.ndran.org/Capital%20Defense%20Handbook.htm

Right, I know there wouldn't be a trial if he accepts (accepted) a plea. I hope that he is accepting a plea that will save taxpayers a ton of money but more importantly, one that spares Mickey and Lisa's families a trial.

As far the witnesses describing a white truck and a partial plate- I don't understand how they remembered a partial plate # yet didn't realize it was a Louisiana plate. That just seems off to me. I hope LE is taking the tips seriously and asking BSL is whereabouts on 4/26/10 but I am not ready to believe he is responsible based on that tip. DWT's are everywhere as we all recently figured out. I think it warrants being checked into but it's not enough to be speculated about in the local media (where the jury will come from if there is a trial for Mickey & Lisa). JMO

> I don't understand how they remembered a partial plate # yet didn't realize it was a Louisiana plate.

Respectfully beg to differ. (see attached) If you're witnessing a strange scene, the differences in these plates seem minor to me. My opinion only, as always.

Over and out... :eek:fftobed:

Attachments

• Texas and Louisiana license plates.jpg
    Texas and Louisiana license plates.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 65
This post lands at a random spot but I am just wondering how KATC can just come out and insinuate that BSL has anything to do with Ali's disappearance. It just seems like they are pissing in the jury pool to me. I am not a fan of BSL and I do want justice to be served for Mickey and Lisa. No one had the right to kill them and the only thing we can do now is hope that justice is served for them in a court of law. I read the comments on KATC & KLFY and I am usually taken aback by the violence suggested in the posts that BSL should suffer according to the people in Lafayette. If BSL is responsible for Ali's disappearance, then he should be charged with it and answer to in court. But if not... Then what is that type of reporting doing to the potential jurors? I believe the Shunick family/friends have said they hope the trial takes place in Lafayette but with each day that passes, I cannot imagine BSL getting a fair trial here. Someone even said he is guilty because of all the "irrefutable evidence" against him. I know the police have a lot more evidence than we do and I hope it is irrefutable and can guarantee a conviction but I definitely wouldn't call what we do know "irrefutable". I would call it circumstantial evidence. I strongly believe in the system. I know it doesn't always work the way we want it to (Casey Anthony!) but even in those cases, it works as it's designed to. That jury wasn't convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony killed her daughter so they had to find her not guilty. To base their decision off of their feelings or opinions is not what the court asks. I know I wouldn't want
to serve on a jury of a complicated circumstantial evidence murder trial. I think that in order to truly help the Shunick's & the Pate's, we must hope that BSL receives a fair trial and a conviction because of solid evidence. I'm still not convinced that he was clever enough to be a serial killer for all of these years. In Mickey's case, as soon as LE received the tip that turned their attention to him, they quickly discovered a strange series of events that involved him (DWT's theft & arson, hospital visits, etc). He was very sloppy in covering up his tracks, IMO. I know I'm kind of rambling but it just seems like he has already been convicted in this town and no one believes in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty (or a confession is obtained) when it comes to BSL. Casey A was also "convicted" before her day in court. I would hate to see that happen again because Mickey and Lisa do deserve justice.

That was my post regarding the 'irrefutable' evidience. I am from here, the evidience is real, it is solid and it is irrefutable. Not 'verified' local, but in the know. He is guilty.

Insomnia, over thinking...crazy theory to follow: pieces of trailer skirting bsl needed to hide because they contain damning evidence.
-----------------------
More reasonable explanation of the white things in the google earth photo:
This explanation from MissKJN makes the most sense to me:
What I see when I zoom in closely is like there are the words Google and the date very faintly superimposed. That makes me wonder if the image is a pic that has some kind of overlay to copy-right it and they are floating dust particles These are dust particles floating in the air in front of the lens. "The flash illuminates them, and they show up as white spots because they are out of focus. If you use the repeat mode on your camera, you'll see them in
them." Is what I found as an explanation on a digital photos blog.[/QUOTE]

Insomnia, over thinking...crazy theory to follow: pieces of trailer skirting bsl needed to hide because they contain damning evidence.
-----------------------
More reasonable explanation of the white things in the google earth photo:
This explanation from MissKJN makes the most sense to me:
them." Is what I found as an explanation on a digital photos blog.
[/QUOTE]

At first glance, I took them to be defective, stuck or dead pixels. Defective pixels on camera sensors in early professional digital cameras cost me many many hours of retouching.

stuck pixels-Bright dot defects
A bright dot defect[3] is a group of three sub-pixels (one pixel) all of whose transistors are "off" for TN panels or stuck "on" for MVA/PVA panels. This allows all light to pass through to the RGB layer, creating a bright white pixel that is always on. This is commonly known as a "hot pixel".

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defective_pixel"]Defective pixel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Whatever the white dots are, they are basically identical in shape, so i find it hard that it would be man-made.

I'm going to the bed, I'll look on Google earth for that pond west of cemetery when I wake up sometime around noon...hehehehehehehehehe NITE ALL

Okay, for anyone that has looked for Brandon Lavergne profiles online to see if he has any, I just want to note...I just did, and through one of his profiles, when I viewed it, it like it logged me in as being him just by viewing it.

It freaked me out. It said "Welcome Brandon" and if I hovered over the name Brandon, it said "my account, log out" and so on.

What the heck.

Need less to say, I sure got off of there fast! I don't know why it did that.
It was an account on the site of Mylife.

Others here have pointed out the curious white spots in the woods just east of the actual cluster of graves, as seen from above on Google Maps/Google Earth. But look closely at those white spots. Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but I see something else.

I won't yet reveal what it is that I see...I want to see if I'm the only one who sees it.

Yeah I do. The only thing I can think of are blue-green tarps and possibly white tents. At first I thought it was water, but then thought water in the woods wouldn't be that color. Are you seeing 4? It's 4am here and I barely trust myself making coffee right now. So BSL may of been out jail nearly all day after all. That's if he really led LE to Mickey, but the the chances of a satellite picture taken at the time this was happening seems higher than winning the lottery though.

Went back and checked some dates. If (and it's a big IF right now) these are possibly other victims of BSL, then someone else had to have helped him and knew where they were buried and tipped off LE. Maybe could lead LE to some, but not to Mickey. BSL had to lead LE to Mickey. The satellite image date is really interesting when combined with possibly other ID's found at BSL's home . JMO

Want to make sure we don't get off track here. I'm not asserting that the blue spots are bodies. I'm asserting that they are irregularities which I'd like to see explained (even if it's nothing more than distortion of the photograph by some natural or artificial means) and/or investigated.

Right. It is a big leap to assume bodies and how LE could of discovered them before they arrested BSL, though I think they had talked to him already IIRC. Out of all the suggestions made and possible things they could be, bodies seems the most likely to me. Especially that close to each other. Now saying most likely doesn't mean 9 out of 10 or even 50/50. More like 2 out of 10 chance or less.

Are the spots on any other google images in the area? If they're related to the camera they should be on other images from the same time.

See thats what intrigues me the most. If Bing isn't showing the images or colors(as mentioned by a poster above your post NY) and the image has a very recent date compared to others around it(again from another poster) then I am very puzzled and unfortunately drawn just one direction. Bodies still seem most likely to me, but it's not an overwhelming likely. If that makes any sense and it's JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston