New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that grave brought tears of anger and sadness both to my eyes. You imagine it but until you actually see it, it's not the same. Is it possible that the police would dig deeper down and farther out just to make sure they aren't missing anything and the grave itself wasn't that large? I'm thinking since there were so many rumors of other victims buried, maybe?:twocents:

I am glad they are not releasing a great deal of information about tomorrow. When they dealt that bombshell about Lisa Pate, I loved it. Too many people still think that BSL is not guilty in that area from what I have read on other forums. Keep those cards close to the vest LE. I wish we could see BSL's face when they present the witness, if they do tomorrow. I want to see him crap his pants.

It's being said that BSL will be the witness.
My guess is the prosecution is locking him into his confession in case he would have a change of heart. If he confesses on the stand and hasn't pled guilty up to that point, he will. There will be no trial. Hopefully, someone in either LE or a PI or someone would then let the public know what happened to Mickey that dreadful night.

That was my post regarding the 'irrefutable' evidience. I am from here, the evidience is real, it is solid and it is irrefutable. Not 'verified' local, but in the know. He is guilty.

Please please tell us more ;0)

Yes Bessie, we don't know the age of the witness or other details. Here is a link of photos for 2010 tags for TX. Very confusing, imo.
http://www.google.com/search?q=2010...KBoOC8QSg-YHwAw&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=667

But the most important thing, imo, is that ali's case & her investigation has been taken out of the moldy basement of cold case files and has been reactivated & rejuvenated giving her family hope of bringing her home & justice..

i'm glad the witness got what they did. i'm guessing that they might have been at an angle or going by quickly (couldn't slow down due to traffic) where all they could see were the few digits in a blink of an eye.

OR it could have been a mom driving that noticed the situation being strange, so she said to her kid(s) look at the numbers on the plate when we pass. the kids might not have noticed the state etc. this happened to a friend of mine hit by a drunk driver. it was a hit and run and right after the impact, she yelled to her son to get the numbers. he got a few and she got a few as the driver drove off. they caught him from that

It's being said that BSL will be the witness.
My guess is the prosecution is locking him into his confession in case he would have a change of heart. If he confesses on the stand and hasn't pled guilty up to that point, he will. There will be no trial. Hopefully, someone in either LE or a PI or someone would then let the public know what happened to Mickey that dreadful night.

I think you are on target!

http://www.theind.com/news/11195-will-lavergne-take-the-stand-friday
"If they just want to memorialize what he had to say under oath they could do that in the privacy of a room by deposition. He would be sworn in and recorded.”

perhaps.......this has already happened, and he will simply take the stand to swear that it is the truth ;) The the plea and then the sentencing occurs?

Possibly a plea, yes...I think that is a very likely possibility. He would have no need to take the stand to swear that a previously recorded deposition is true, however, as a deposition IS a sworn statement. JMO

No, it's not the indention, but the road that runs through the fields. It leads back toward the graves. I don't remember Mouton's mention of the road, but I believe this is the one that was marked with crime scene tape.

Impondering, can you tell me where on this map the other entrance to the graveyard is? and where MS' gravesite was? thanks.
http://goo.gl/maps/LWPnZ

Memories are funny things. Years and years ago two guys in a van tried to push us off the road. I made sure to remember most of the license plate number but my husband thought it was a white van and I thought it was a brown or mustard colored van. And I never even gave it a second thought to notice what state the plate was from.

Makes me wonder though...something must've been totally not right for someone to just see and then remember numbers from the plate. I mean, I wonder if he was just talking to her or if he had grabbed her hand or arm. I'm not sure that I would even notice if I just saw a girl talking to some guy parked or stopped on the street. (Well, I probably would NOW, considering all that's been happening,) but unless something really looked strange I don't think I would have made it a point to remember numbers.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Latest Update P.I. in Lowitzer case says it's "just too coincidential"
06:26 PM by Erin Steuber

As the Shunick, and Pate cases, get underway in Lafayette, Agencies in Texas and Louisiana are looking into the possibility Lavergne's arrest could lead to answers in other cases. The private investigator in the case of missing Texas teen, believes just that.
Alexxandria "Ali" Lowitzer was last seen April 26, 2010, at the time she was 16. Her mother, Jo Ann, spoke to Ali right before she got on the school bus. She told her mother after she got off, she was just going to pick up a paycheck from work, before walking home. Surveillance video shows her getting off the bus about 2:45 that afternoon. But what happened after that remains a mystery.
Ali has been missing for nearly two years, and although there is no concrete evidence linking Brandon Scott Lavergne to her daughter's disappearance, Jo Ann Lowitzer remains hopeful.
"I'm just doing what I hope every parent out there would do for their own child. Never giving up hope for them returning home one day," said Lowitzer.
Since Lavergne's arrest., she has been contacted by law enforcement, requesting she not do any more interviews because of new developments in her daughter's case.
(snipped)
"He pulled up behind her as she walked on the side of the road, pulled up close, talking to her, trying to coax her into the truck," said PI Mac Sanford.
Sanford says one of the callers thought the incident was so strange, they turned around. But by time they arrived, there was no sign of her, or the truck. He says the other caller remembered a partial plate, one that started with an "x" and several zero's.
"I got a list of every vehicle that he owned. And it turned out that at the time of Alis disappearance, he owned a white, 2005 GMC, extended cab truck, with Louisiana plates that had an "X" and several 0's in it," said Sanford. "So at that point, I thought good Lord this is just too coincidental."

read more..

Not that it particularly matters, because I really believe a plea deal is already in place and he will plead guilty as early as tomorrow, but having said that, I think he could and would tell a lie under oath as easily, or moreso, as he would tell the truth. I dont think being sworn to tell the truth and then lying would be something he would lose sleep over...JMO

Very sorry about your friend Laurie Lynn Landt, gngr~snap. I was an Atlanta Fireman in Atlanta Fulton County at the time of her abduction/murder. Very tragic, but par for the course. Read the link for baby Raymond Lamar Green/atl fulton co, ga..
GA GA - Raymond Lamar Green: Abducted, 6 days old, Atlanta, 6 Nov 1978 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...qofAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fNYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1263,3983500

Well thank you for your service! We were in "brownies" and "girl scouts" together. :(
She is why I sleuth!

I am willing to bet that in order for MS family to agree with a plea deal is that 1-He had to reveal the location of her, 2- He also has to testify in open court to every detail he did with MS and LP. This will be for the family and community. By doing this the DA preserves that testimony in case there are other's linked to BSL...then the state will not use another plea deal on him. MOO

I am willing to bet that in order for MS family to agree with a plea deal is that 1-He had to reveal the location of her, 2- He also has to testify in open court to every detail he did with MS and LP. This will be for the family and community. By doing this the DA preserves that testimony in case there are other's linked to BSL...then the state will not use another plea deal on him. MOO

I don't believe MS's family had any say in a plea bargain....I would think that would be completely up to the DA.

There was actually two different witnesses the day Ali went missing.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

snipped-
We also spoke to the Lowitzer family's private investigator, who believes there are striking similarities between the Mickey Shunick case, and Ali's. Specficially, two tips involving a white truck the day Ali went missing.
"He pulled up behind her as she walked on the side of the road, pulled up close, talking to her, trying to coax her into the truck," said PI Mac Sanford.
Sanford says one of the callers thought the incident was so strange, they turned around. But by time they arrived, there was no sign of her, or the truck. He says the other caller remembered a partial plate, one that started with an "x" and several zero's.

"I got a list of every vehicle that he owned. And it turned out that at the time of Alis disappearance, he owned a white, 2005 GMC, extended cab truck, with Louisiana plates that had an "X" and several 0's in it," said Sanford. "So at that point, I thought good Lord this is just too coincidental."

"The urgency to find your child never goes away!" -Karen Bobo

I don't believe MS's family had any say in a plea bargain....I would think that would be completely up to the DA.

This is a high profile case, LE and the DA were in on this investigation from the start. They became very close I would imagine with the family. People from all over the world felt close to MS missing and murder. I do believe this case is unique therefore; the DA is honoring what the Family is comfortable with accepting. MOO

There was actually two different witnesses the day Ali went missing.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

snipped-
We also spoke to the Lowitzer family's private investigator, who believes there are striking similarities between the Mickey Shunick case, and Ali's. Specficially, two tips involving a white truck the day Ali went missing.

Was all of this given to the police at the time and if so, why did LE insist she was a runaway?

This is a high profile case, LE and the DA were in on this investigation from the start. They became very close I would imagine with the family. People from all over the world felt close to MS missing and murder. I do believe this case is unique therefore; the DA is honoring what the Family is comfortable with accepting. MOO

Understandable. I just believe the DA would want the best choice that would help in securing a conviction, yet also help in revealing the whereabouts of Mickey. If that was a plea bargain, then that was the choice made.

Honestly, I do not believe that would affect the actual deal made, if any. They have to account to all families of victims, not just to those considered "high profile". But it is ultimately up to the DA's office, not to the wishes of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme