New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he could have even just picked a random house, called on his cell, and waited outside for LE to give the report! Doubt it, but ...!.

Wouldn't this be kind of risky? I don't know how big the town was that this took place in, but what if the officers knew who lived in these houses that he tried to fool the cops with??? Just thinking out loud.

Also, if they had the name of the alleged sister they could have looked her up, gone to her place of work and did a brief interview with her, or even call her to the station and she may have been able to enlighten them ?

I lost the plot too -- I know that there is a half bio sister in Texas....and an adoptive sister in Louisiana.... but where did a third female figure come in?

An adoptive sister? I thought just 2 bio sisters in TX and one adoptive brother in LA?

Garyb, IMO it is a good thing the posted map was incorrect. Let people think that is where the half sister lives...does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out the relevance to finding exact address to his bio sisters house anyway. You would think it would be enough that the article I originally posted from mentioned her being a star witness and having been very cooperative. I'm not seeing the reason for sleuthing her home address...
I could see it if it were a mystery to LE, but her initials were in the discovery document that was proffered by the DA and I assure you there is no mystery to LE as to BSL's whereabouts or goings on while around these parts.

Wouldn't this be kind of risky? I don't know how big the town was that this took place in, but what if the officers knew who lived in these houses that he tried to fool the cops with??? Just thinking out loud.

Also, if they had the name of the alleged sister they could have looked her up, gone to her place of work and did a brief interview with her, or even call her to the station and she may have been able to enlighten them ?

Yep, that post of mine was WAY out there! And anyhow, what garryb posted just a few posts above clears up a LOT of the confusion, IMO.

Wow, I'm getting confused too.
He reported the truck stolen from his Bio Sisters house - fact
His Bio Sister was home - fact
the address that generated the map that was circulated - fiction
I'm really not sure where the address information is coming from, but what is cited is not where he reported the truck stolen from, nor is it his Bio Sister's house.
He has 2 Bio Sisters, both live in Texas. I do not know of another sister, bio, adoptive or otherwise.

This really, REALLY helped! Thanks!

I know BTK made his pleas in open court and the families were given a chance to have their say as well.

Wow, I'm getting confused too.
He reported the truck stolen from his Bio Sisters house - fact
His Bio Sister was home - fact
the address that generated the map that was circulated - fiction
I'm really not sure where the address information is coming from, but what is cited is not where he reported the truck stolen from, nor is it his Bio Sister's house.
He has 2 Bio Sisters, both live in Texas. I do not know of another sister, bio, adoptive or otherwise.

The address info on WS comes from the incident report posted on katc.com.
http://www.katc.com/files/montgomeryreport.pdf
http://www.katc.com/files/montgomeryreport2.pdf

The address has been blacked out, but you can still make out the address underneath. That's how many at WS determined the map for BL's bio sister's house. The map that was posted was not centered on this address, but the actual street in the report was visible on the bottom part of the map. I think that was done as to not directly post a map link to his sister's house (or I should say the address listed in the report), but to show the general area. IMO, the media should've done a better job at obscuring the address before releasing that report since, as far as I know, she has not been named in the media at all and certainly not as a suspect. That was crappy, I'd sure be mad if someone in my family commited a crime and my address got posted on the internet.

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out the relevance to finding exact address to his bio sisters house anyway. You would think it would be enough that the article I originally posted from mentioned her being a star witness and having been very cooperative. I'm not seeing the reason for sleuthing her home address...
I could see it if it were a mystery to LE, but her initials were in the discovery document that was proffered by the DA and I assure you there is no mystery to LE as to BSL's whereabouts or goings on while around these parts.

I think the sleuthing had probably started before you posted the article and had gathered momentum to the point that the info didn't slow it down totally.

In BSL's step dad's obit, he and his brother are listed as stepsons. There is a daughter who is not listed as a step. She must be a daughter from a previous marriage of his and she does not live in Texas. Sorry for the confusion.

Originally Posted by Backwoods
Yep, that post of mine was WAY out there! And anyhow, what garryb posted just a few posts above clears up a LOT of the confusion, IMO.

Agreed...

I get a little confused when all the posts start coming through with different thoughts on it.
I need to get use to editing! Lol

I was thinking of going but decided not to. I'm tired, and also I don't want to take a seat that maybe a friend of Mickey's might occupy. I trust that someone here will make it in and give a report. For me, curiously, all I would want from attending would be to hear BSL's voice, if indeed he does appear. I don't know why, but the voice would complete the picture. Also, I have had a lot of very bad luck in my life, some of which seems almost like I'm being afflicted. I don't think it's wise for me to even be in the same room with BSL, as we had a lot of the same bullying, alienation, rejection, unhappiness, etc., growing up, conflicted relationships with women, both considered a bit odd, work on old cars, etc., etc., because I don't think it's wise for me to be exposed to any sort of bad vibes that may try to attach themselves to anyone in the room. As well, if any of the family would make a statement, the sadness of hearing that would be so great that it would depress me greatly. I know that all sounds kind of weird. I'm just following my instinct not to go. I will leave my confidence in the hands of the court.

:candle: for Mickey

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

Rest in Peace Mickey Shunick & may justice be served...

I"m not sure what to think about tomorrow. I don't think I will be surprised in any event though.
One thing I'm pretty sure of, if he walks out of LA Correctional Center or courthouse, Texas Rangers will give him a ride back to Texas for free.

In any event, my posts will probably be all deleted in the morning because being half-a$$ coon-a$$ I couldn't just hold my tongue. So be patient in the knowledge that what happened in Texas LE knows about and they are on it.

BBM

Dear Garry,

I think that is an excellent thing that you are being open; I believe someone else in your family is/are also being open/talking to the authorities which hopefully includes Brandon! And due to openness, thankfully, there is now a form of closure for the Shunicks as they are now able to lay their loved one to rest! God Bless!

What I don't get is why the police didnt interview the sister? If an alleged crime took place in front of her home that would be one thing I would think they would do, instead of just taking his word for it.

Unless at that time he was already under observation and TX LE were told this so they backed off a bit in order to not raise any suspicions in him and cause him to panic and flee???

Maybe they did? (Interview his sister in TX, that is.)

Well...Let's all hope we have the pieces to the puzzle put in place later on today! Nite Nite fellow WSers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne