New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, it would still be a trial for the murder of two women; doubt he can claim accident in both cases. Anyway, I just don't see his lawyer letting it get to the stage of showing where Mickey is, without some guarantee. As much as we'd like to think so, defense attorneys hearts are not with the victim. He/she would need to have their client protected. Taking a huge risk, if he intends to go to court on two murder charges, IMO, and claim the second one was an "oops".

JMO:

I wish we knew more about Lisa's case, evidence and how they expect to tie it in. Because we have many missing pieces it's hard to guess what the defense attorney could have in mind. The plan could be to say it was an accident with Mickey and that Lisa died of a drug overdose & he had nothing to do with it. Or he was with her when she died and frightened so he hid her body. Lisa does have a history of drugs and CP a history of drug overdoses/deaths.
Now if he confessed or if they found bindings of any sort with her remains, or pictures of her bound or deceased or personal belongings it would be harder for the defense to try to say BSL was not guilty.

Of course, I think we will all hope that...but if she did have to suffer this additional horror, oh let his DNA be present.

I am curious about her clothing being found; wondering if she was fully-dressed, or if her clothes were simply found with her. I can't really imagine him dressing her again, if he only intended to bury her.

My faith and belief in goodness in fellow man so much wants to believe he accidentally killed her, and he panicked thinking with his history that no-one would believe him. That he chose when he disposed of the bike that Mickey deserved a decent place to rest in peace and the bayou was not that place. That he chose that quiet, peaceful little cemetery amongst beautiful pines as a place to bury Mickey because she was beautiful and deserved more than the bayou. And if he did undress her, chose to cover her back up.

But I also know that each person is made differently, my thoughts are not his, and his thoughts and rationale for doing things the way he did probably are at the opposite end of a spectrum than mine.

My faith and belief in goodness in fellow man so much wants to believe he accidentally killed her, and he panicked thinking with his history that no-one would believe him. That he chose when he disposed of the bike that Mickey deserved a decent place to rest in peace and the bayou was not that place. That he chose that quiet, peaceful little cemetery amongst beautiful pines as a place to bury Mickey because she was beautiful and deserved more than the bayou. And if he did undress her, chose to cover her back up.

But I also know that each person is made differently, my thoughts are not his, and his thoughts and rationale for doing things the way he did probably are at the opposite end of a spectrum than mine.

Boudin, I was also surprised that he chose such a location for her. It will be interesting to find out in what way she was buried, her clothing placed, etc. After his horrible acts, he may be one of those offenders that really feels bad for his actions and that is why he chose a cemetery, etc. However, that in no way changes anything in this story and in no way makes him less guilty or less deserving of life in prison or the death penalty, whichever the family thinks is a worse punishment. I just can't wait to find out more details either. I never thought she would have been 1. buried. 2. buried in her own grave in a beautiful location. I thought he either dumped her, burned her, or put her in WB like the scum bag he is. Still a scum bug, don't confuse what I'm saying or but words in my mouth anyone, but this action just surprised me is all and it may even be to his advantage and he knows it.

http://www.katc.com/news/mickey-shunick-changed-acadiana/
"They are in the process of planning two memorials within the next two weeks, one for the family, the other for the public. Mickey Shunick's story has changed this community. She will forever be in the hearts and minds of people across Acadiana.
"Inspired by Mickey, and driven by faith," said Bearb. "And that's exactly what our new motto's gonna be and carry that for the rest of our lives.""

I am glad they are having a memorial the public can attend if they want in order to show the family the community cares about their loss.I am
a little taken aback by the sentence that says donated flowers & gifts can go to the headquarters. I am surprised that nothing has been set up in Mickeys name for a local animal shelter or to TES in lieu of flowers, which may be pretty but die in a short time.

While I agree that many of us became attached to Mickey, obsessed with finding her, worried and concerned as if she was our own child,
I don't know that Mickey " changed" this community. The warm hearted, loving, compassionate & caring people of Acadiana were already here. They just found a good enough reason to come out and do something-support the efforts to find a young innocent local college student and do what they could to make the community safer. Knowing the locals as I do, I can easily see laffyTaffy, ACI, cajunStrong, ChickenFried, and other locals coming forth to help search for any local missing in the same manner.

In my opinion the community reacted because many people could identify with her- as a sister, friend or daughter
or the girl next door who was enjoying life on a spring night at the end of a
college semester. She wasn't causing trouble,wasn't dealing drugs, didn't run away,wasn't a prostate, wasn't breaking and entering etc. She was just an innocent victim.

I think he is going to claim it was an accident and he panicked because he already had priors and didnt want to go to jail....... I dont beleive this but I think he is going to claim that he hit her on the bike and panicked he injured himself while trying to bury her, and honestly after what happened in Casey Anthony's trial, it might just work. I mean who honestly thought Casey would be found not guilty?

except Casey Anthony wasn't a registered sex offender and a suspect in another murder. I don't think it's going to work in his case.

Boudin, I was also surprised that he chose such a location for her. It will be interesting to find out in what way she was buried, her clothing placed, etc. After his horrible acts, he may be one of those offenders that really feels bad for his actions and that is why he chose a cemetery, etc. However, that in no way changes anything in this story and in no way makes him less guilty or less deserving of life in prison or the death penalty, whichever the family thinks is a worse punishment. I just can't wait to find out more details either. I never thought she would have been 1. buried. 2. buried in her own grave in a beautiful location. I thought he either dumped her, burned her, or put her in WB like the scum bag he is. Still a scum bug, don't confuse what I'm saying or but words in my mouth anyone, but this action just surprised me is all and it may even be to his advantage and he knows it.
If it were truly an accident and he was worried about his past record, if nothing else if he killed her when he hit her, he should have left her off the road beside where he hit her, and left her bike there to be found. Although it was a beautiful place he buried her, it was in a place unknown to her family, in the woods, and he buried her in the bare earth. Maybe I'm overly sensitive to such things, and he thought he was doing the best he could, but it's still terribly wrong. IMO

I am glad they are having a memorial the public can attend if they want in order to show the family the community cares about their loss.I am
a little taken aback by the sentence that says donated flowers & gifts can go to the headquarters. I am surprised that nothing has been set up in Mickeys name for a local animal shelter or to TES in lieu of flowers, which may be pretty but die in a short time.

While I agree that many of us became attached to Mickey, obsessed with finding her, worried and concerned as if she was our own child,
I don't know that Mickey " changed" this community. The warm hearted, loving, compassionate & caring people of Acadiana were already here. They just found a good enough reason to come out and do something-support the efforts to find a young innocent local college student and do what they could to make the community safer. Knowing the locals as I do, I can easily see laffyTaffy, ACI, cajunStrong, ChickenFried, and other locals coming forth to help search for any local missing in the same manner.

In my opinion the community reacted because many people could identify with her- as a sister, friend or daughter
or the girl next door who was enjoying life on a spring night at the end of a
college semester. She wasn't causing trouble,wasn't dealing drugs, didn't run away,wasn't a prostate, wasn't breaking and entering etc. She was just an innocent victim.
This message is on the Find Mickey Now facebook page:
Hey guys. With the recent news many people have been asking what they can do now. We are asking that people who still wish to donate anything (flowers, gifts, money, etc.) can go directly to several different organizations:

Texas Equusearch: http://texasequusearch.org/

Laura Recovery Center: http://www.lrcf.org/donate

Lafayette Police Department: http://www.lafayettela.gov/​police/index.asp

John Abdella: information can be obtained at 3372350270

The Humane Society: http://www.humanela.org/​donate.htm

ARF: Animal Rescue Foundation: http://www.arf.net/​how-you-can-help/donate/

Wild Cat Foundation: http://​wildcatfoundationla.org/​donate.html

Spay Nation: http://spaynation.net/​donate_wish_list.html

Or any nonprofit organization of your choice. Some people have also been planting trees and flowers in honor of Mickey. These are just a few ways the love we all have for Mickey can continue flowing throughout the world. Thank you! We love you all! ♥

If it were truly an accident and he was worried about his past record, if nothing else if he killed her when he hit her, he should have left her off the road beside where he hit her, and left her bike there to be found. Although it was a beautiful place he buried her, it was in a place unknown to her family, in the woods, and he buried her in the bare earth. Maybe I'm overly sensitive to such things, and he thought he was doing the best he could, but it's still terribly wrong. IMO

I've never thought it was an accident. I've always thought it was intentional. I've thought everything he's done was wrong. I was just agreeing with Boudin that I was surprised as to the location she was found in. It didn't seem to add up with my opinion of BSL. It was also quite different from his previous victim Lisa, in which she was just strewn in a yard with boards placed on top of her. It seems like there was more care taken with Mickey and I would like to have more information to know why. Did he know her? Did he feel bad? (Not that this changes anything at all) Or was it simply to make him look a little better if she was ever found? That's all I want to know and all I'm trying to say.

I've never thought it was an accident. I've always thought it was intentional. I've thought everything he's done was wrong. I was just agreeing with Boudin that I was surprised as to the location she was found in. It didn't seem to add up with my opinion of BSL. It was also quite different from his previous victim Lisa, in which she was just strewn in a yard with boards placed on top of her. It seems like there was more care taken with Mickey and I would like to have more information to know why. Did he know her? Did he feel bad? (Not that this changes anything at all) Or was it simply to make him look a little better if she was ever found? That's all I want to know and all I'm trying to say.
I realized you were only speculating about possibilities, and I do understand what you're getting at. Others have mentioned what a nice area the cemetery is in too.
It's only that I keep putting myself in Mickey's mother's place. As a mother you will do everything humanly possible to protect your child, and for BSL to have stolen Mickey and buried her somewhere her mother likely never would have found her is unconscionable, IMO.
I don't know if BSL buried Mickey there out of some bit of humanity, or if he was thinking a cemetery was the last place anyone would look for her, particularly such an obscure cemetery.
With LP, I imagine he was counting on the fact that people would simply think she died of a drug overdose, but in that case, I don't know why he would have covered her with boards, unless that action too was out of some very, very slight shred of decency.

I would truly like to believe this is the case for Mickey and her family. But...

Thanks! This makes sense! :)

This message is on the Find Mickey Now facebook page:
Hey guys. With the recent news many people have been asking what they can do now. We are asking that people who still wish to donate anything (flowers, gifts, money, etc.) can go directly to several different organizations:

Texas Equusearch: http://texasequusearch.org/

Laura Recovery Center: http://www.lrcf.org/donate

Lafayette Police Department: http://www.lafayettela.gov/​police/index.asp

John Abdella: information can be obtained at 3372350270

The Humane Society: http://www.humanela.org/​donate.htm

ARF: Animal Rescue Foundation: http://www.arf.net/​how-you-can-help/donate/

Wild Cat Foundation: http://​wildcatfoundationla.org/​donate.html

Spay Nation: http://spaynation.net/​donate_wish_list.html

Or any nonprofit organization of your choice. Some people have also been planting trees and flowers in honor of Mickey. These are just a few ways the love we all have for Mickey can continue flowing throughout the world. Thank you! We love you all! ♥

Just want to give a shout-out to my fellow WS sleuthers. We just made the local news here in Houston. One of the local stations did a segment on possible connections between Mickey's and Ali Lowitzer's disappearances. (didn't realize there was a DWT in that case, also)

Anyway, they went on to say that a PI was following tips that had been generated on an internet website, and they showed a screenshot from WS. (it was the actual post from the PI with the Shrek avatar)

Just wanted to let all you dedicated sleuthers know that what you're all doing here really does matter. Woot!!
In all fairness, they need to give the biggest thanks to the poster on LSU tigerdroppings OT forum. I don't know if I can use his name, but if you look on the earlier threads there for April-May, he's there. He really cracked it open w/ a tip to LE. A sound, reliable first-person, insider tip.
Jmo absolutamente

Wonder how many miles were on the DWT!?

It's about 228 miles from his house to Venice, LA alone so it may have more miles than you may expect.Much depends on his work schedule and how many times he went to Venice,and if he sometimes went on hotshots for the company.

Something else that has been in the back of my mind is if he worked a steady schedule like 14&14 or 7&7 rather than 24 hour call, he had a lot of time in between hitches to travel around LA, TX,MS & AR. From Swords to MS it's 2.5 hrs,2 hrs Texas, 4 hrs to Arkansas.

I wonder if he paid cash for his properties he bought in which case he would have had less money to travel around with, or if he financed it.

I realized you were only speculating about possibilities, and I do understand what you're getting at. Others have mentioned what a nice area the cemetery is in too.
It's only that I keep putting myself in Mickey's mother's place. As a mother you will do everything humanly possible to protect your child, and for BSL to have stolen Mickey and buried her somewhere her mother likely never would have found her is unconscionable, IMO.
I don't know if BSL buried Mickey there out of some bit of humanity, or if he was thinking a cemetery was the last place anyone would look for her, particularly such an obscure cemetery.
With LP, I imagine he was counting on the fact that people would simply think she died of a drug overdose, but in that case, I don't know why he would have covered her with boards, unless that action too was out of some very, very slight shred of decency.

Of course, everyone here has in someway but themselves into Mickey's or her families place. I've thought what if I was here, what if she was my sister who is her exact same age, what if I was her mother. As I said in my previous posts, no matter the location he put her body it absolutely does not change what he did and that he took her from her family and cut her life short. I am in no way defending him and his actions. Mickey touched us all. I just want to look further into the mind of BSL and want to know WHY this location. I want to know if he had a connection with Mickey. Why was this different than Lisa. Even if he has one shred of humanity and this was the reasoning, it changes nothing. I am just always trying to sleuth WHY when everything else has been found and we are just waiting for trial. I'm in the medical field so the mental aspect of this always interests me, forgive me.

I'll be on pins and needles until more info is released but I really believe that there is something LE saw when reviewing tapes and video that led to the aggravated kidnapping charge. I hope the evidence is very clear and something he can't undo or explain away.

I honestly believe that the footage that came from the Daily Advertiser camera contains a big piece of evidence -- whether it's Mickey in the truck with BSL or her bike in the back or both. I also think that whatever it is, it's not pretty, because nothing has been released.

JMO, of course.

Of course, everyone here has in someway but themselves into Mickey's or her families place. I've thought what if I was here, what if she was my sister who is her exact same age, what if I was her mother. As I said in my previous posts, no matter the location he put her body it absolutely does not change what he did and that he took her from her family and cut her life short. I am in no way defending him and his actions. Mickey touched us all. I just want to look further into the mind of BSL and want to know WHY this location. I want to know if he had a connection with Mickey. Why was this different than Lisa. Even if he has one shred of humanity and this was the reasoning, it changes nothing. I am just always trying to sleuth WHY when everything else has been found and we are just waiting for trial. I'm in the medical field so the mental aspect of this always interests me, forgive me.

Sorry to jump in here.

Chances are a plea deal. He gets two life sentences for the body.

Maybe a relative is buried there? Mickey was his first victim (that we know of) after jail. He hasn't had this "chance" since Lisa in 1999. He wanted it to last, that's why she's special. The media attention probably excited him futher.

I think something set him off that night.

I think with Lisa, he was angry. He wasn't thinking clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx