New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks soo much. This old lady will be there even if she can't get in..there's always espresso at Carpe Diem if I can't...
Buena suerte manana! Ojala que te dejan entrar el corte!! Maybe you'll have some juicy news for us!!

Only click thanks to this post if you plan to attend the evidentiary hearing tomorrow, please.

I've read some of the discussion on this graveyard, and visited it yesterday. It is three miles west of the intersection of Hiway 10 & 13. The roads are mostly rice fields and sugarcane, lush from the rain we've been having. There were more snowy egrets in one tree than I've ever seen, and might explain the white dots on the pics.

The first forested/wooded area on the left contains Pinesclair. There is a road that runs down to the graves, a very short distance. This is the road with the stop sign and was marked with crime tape. Also, a little further down the hiway maybe 100 feet or so, is a second entry which parallels the first. There is not a stop sign here, and it does not go into the graveyard, but runs adjacent to the woods, mostly open fields. This was also marked with crime tape.

I believe BSL/ drove down the second one to the site where he buried Mickey. He placed her in the woods on the left. He could pull his truck up and not been seen from the road or graveyard. There is evidence of a path, not sure if police/BSL/both.

I have taken several pictures and will share. The one posted earlier showed the wreath on a stand marking the entry to Pinesclair from Hiway 10. As mentioned earlier, you drive a short distance and the graves are on the right. Right past the graves, there seems to be an open area, that is not where she was buried.

Look at the picture and you'll see a tree in the middle of the picture, right over the flower pot. The path is to the left of the tree. It is not a well traveled path, even with the police and others going through there, it is barely visible. It takes you into the woods, and if you went straight about 15 feet, you'd run into the other road/path/open area, where I think parked his FWT.

But, you do not go straight, but turn to the left and about 25 feet over is where he buried Mickey.

Do you happen to know if the Farmer in the region hires migrant workers' for rice fields and sugarcane fields?

Will any of the local sleuths be going to the hearing tomorrow?

i have no clue to this, so im just thinking out loud but would crime scene people put dirt back in the hole when they were done? i know its rained alot lately but just wondering how much of that mother nature would fill back up herself

sorry to repeat. just refreshed my screen and noticed kjill was on top of that already!

Only click thanks to this post if you plan to attend the evidentiary hearing tomorrow, please.

grrr... had i known it was open to the public i would have taken off work!! kid stomping over here! :banghead:

BTW...I did NOT see poison ivy in the woods/gravesite.

IMPondering, did you notice a pile of limbs/brush nearby? More than likely BSL, would have camouflaged the grave to prevent detection. It would have been removed by CSI.

IMPondering, did you notice a pile of limbs/brush nearby? More than likely BSL, would have camouflaged the grave to prevent detection. It would have been removed by CSI.

No, and I did think about that when there. There were scattered limbs and leaves, but did not see a pile.

What I did see, and flipped me out, was a small piece of black tarp. It was about 10 inches by 10 inces and had a vine growing through it. It can been seen under the butterfly wing, hovering about a foot high. Obviously, had been there for a few months, maybe years from that type of vine and growth rates. It looked old.

Really made me go HMMMMMMMM..........

No, and I did think about that when there. There were scattered limbs and leaves, but did not see a pile.

What I did see, and flipped me out, was a small piece of black tarp. It was about 10 inches by 10 inces and had a vine growing through it. It can been seen under the butterfly wing, hovering about a foot high. Obviously, had been there for a few months, maybe years from that type of vine and growth rates. It looked old.

Really made me go HMMMMMMMM..........

TY,IMPondering. Was there an excessive amount of limbs & leaves scattered around the grave, as compared to the other areas. The CSI may have inspected any covering of the grave for forensics before removing it.
The reason for asking is due to BSL's possible poison ivy rash... If he ventured into the brush to gather it. He may have unknowingly grabbed some poison oak, ivy, or sumac..

Oopsie, I must have done something against the rules. Sorry.

Is this better:

Wouldn't it be great if insession covered the hearing trial tomorrow? I think I will send them a facebook message to ask

Thinking about Ali and where she might be, if indeed, BSL abducted her. So I started searching small cemeteries and ran across Mueschkle Cemetery. One of the graves appears odd to me. It is so HIGH and appears to have dislodged the headstone. I cannot find any early 2011 buriels at Mueschkle. All the list I find are prior to 2000. The google map was taken June 2011. What do y'all think??

http://goo.gl/maps/HMp7f

Interesting looking small cemetery. My thought is that BSL would not put a body inside the chain link fence; but that his preference would be in the area surrounding the fence (on the left and right side - into the woods).

I scanned around and found the dirt mound interesting. Yall are going to love this.... wait for it..................... I see a fish on the dirt mound. :what:

Thanks for posting the link Houston Mom.

Thanks for sharing the pics, IMPondering.

I think the idea of an excavator being used to dig this grave can safely be ruled out, judging by these pics, as it appears that the area is reachable only by foot.

Didn't someone say the Google photo with the white dots was taken May 31 of this year?

Anyone know if there was rain in that area around then? If so, I wonder if the white spots might be a small amount of water at the bottom of holes or pits excavated (for what purpose, I have no idea) -- the light could be striking the water in such a way to cause the "white" reflection and colored prism effect.
Rain and thunderstorms most of that week. The reason I remember so well is because on the evening of the 31st, my husband and I were driving to Texas. I was following along here from my iPhone, and as we approached BR, I believe it was Laffy Taffy who commented about the terrible thunderstorm passing through the Lafayette area. We could see the heavy black clouds ahead of us. Luckily it was over by the time we reached that point on I-10, but I do recall being worried the previous day that we'd run into heavy rain on the highway because we were in a bad weather pattern.

Testimony will be given Friday in a hearing related to accused murderer Brandon Scott Lavergne, but court officials have not disclosed the identity of the person to testify.

"Perpetuation is primarily used for a witness who otherwise might not be available for
trial," either because of illness, death or they don't have a fixed address, "

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120815/NEWS01/208150328/-1/rss01

BBM - possibly a homeless person at Whiskey Bay ??!!?? hmmmmmmm
--------------

LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37
Views: 114,827 Posted By concentric

I've asked many times before here, maybe a homeless person was camping out there?

'My opinion on whether Cameras should be allowed in Courtrooms is mirrored by the following Criminal Profiler Pat Brown quote. Most folks either have family or work obligations and cannot attend trials & hearings. To ban cameras is analogous to blocking out the sunshine, imo..

Why, that it is important for the citizens to be informed of how cases and investigations are handled..

Pat Brown quote'-
We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/citizens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled. It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparen*cy. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption, incompetance, and error?

We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountabl*e for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens. Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state IS the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution..

"Luv this Quote by Pat Brown, she is very perceptive"

Posting for those who are not aware of this rule.

snipped
Please do not suggest, directly or indirectly, that members support any type of organized effort without getting approval from forum owners first.

More at the link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It's easy to overlook this rule because violators usually have excellent intentions. ;)

Here is a closer picture, note the dozen roses spread across the grave. You can see the sunlight from the open area mentioned before.

IMO she would never have been located without someone alerting LE to her location.

Driving back, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful surroundings and how Mickey would appreciate them. It angers me to think he picked her up from her neighborhood, murdered her, and placed her so far away from her home.

Justice for Mickey!

P.S. I squatted down to say a prayer and take a picture of the cross, when a butterfly flew over the grave, flapped it wings and headed off to my left over the butterfly someone had left for her. :)

Wow, after all the missing persons cases that i have followed and they have never been found. I was almost thinking Mickey would never be found. She was thank God. But never in my wildest dreams would I think we would be able to see the exact location of her final resting place here on WS. Thank you for sharing. It is comforting to know she has roses and gifts there. I really don't know if she would have been found without him telling.

Here is a closer picture, note the dozen roses spread across the grave. You can see the sunlight from the open area mentioned before.

IMO she would never have been located without someone alerting LE to her location.

Thanks so much for your pilgrimage to Pinseclair. I agree that it is very unlikely she would ever have been found here. I think BSL probably did camouflage the site with leaves and limbs, etc., not sure about the piece of tarp. It seems LE would have taken it if it was related to MS.

It appears that LE excavated an area of about 4-5 feet x at least 10 feet, using the missing flyers of MS (assuming the flyers were printed on 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper) as a scale. Does this right to you IMPondering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave