New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I got one of my questions answered......quickly I might add. According to KPLC and The Daily Advertiser, a news release this morning states that a $35,000 reward has been established. The amount will be pro-rated among the victims.....in other words $5,000 per case.

Now if we could know who exactly is on the task force. You'd think they'd want to update the public on what they are doing with the cases since it'd make them look a tad better.
Hopefully someone will see the reward and give some helpful tips. More hopefully, LE will act on the helpful tips and investigate..

I think that if no one comes forward one of two things is happening here, the person or persons who know something are afraid or someone on the police force really is involved. Crazy

I think that if no one comes forward one of two things is happening here, the person or persons who know something are afraid or someone on the police force really is involved. Crazy

Hi AmandaBrown23, i have to agree with you on this. The whole case needs to be handed over to another agency that can investigate local LE as well as the "task force" of whom we have no idea who makes up the task force..
If need be, get the National Guard in there to restore order. It's not fair to the law abiding citizens who have to live in a lawless state in Jennings.

This latest article discusses the reward that's been established but also, states that LE has conducted some polygraph tests and have gotten more information on people outside Jeff Davis Parish. Be interesting to know if those people passed the polygraphs.

I wonder what the info is they got outside the Parish? I hope we can find out soon. Also, i wonder if there's any other homicides that may be related to these murders. We never heard that much about the lady found murdered in Arcadian Park and if it was related or not. They didn't seem to think her abusive boyfriend was a suspect..
Hopefully being that they have a reward and all, it will encourage people to come forward. The only issue i have is that if LE is involved, obviously the locals will be scared to talk to them so i'm not sure what kind of progress will be made..

And................speaking of LE. A former Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff's officer (now employed with Eunice PD) is coming under scrutiny per this article. He seems to have somewhat of a troubled past but what really caught my eye was when I saw he was fired from JDPSO amidst sexual allegations. There is a synopsis of his troubles on the side of the article and then just below that are files you can view and/or download.

:waitasec: Is it just me or are there numerous sexual allegations involving LE in JDP or is this kind of stuff going on everywhere.

This latest article discusses the reward that's been established but also, states that LE has conducted some polygraph tests and have gotten more information on people outside Jeff Davis Parish. Be interesting to know if those people passed the polygraphs.

From the article you posted this is apparently the 8 agencies involved in the Task Force.

The Jennings Police Department, state police, FBI, Calcasieu Crime Lab and Calcasieu and Acadia parish sheriff's offices are among the agencies helping with the investigation.

And, the JDP sheriff's dept. and the 31st judicial district (DA's office).

I was curious who is the "head" of the task force.....is it the Sheriff:confused:

Here's a short little article by a writer we've heard from before in the Jennings Daily News. I praise him in keeping reminders of the murders in the paper

http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/news.php?id=2689

""Many great things start small. It's just our second night."
Those were the words of Jennings Church of Christ Minister J.C. Bailey on Thursday as members of his congregation gathered to pray for the city; the victims and families related to the seven unsolved homicides in Jeff Davis Parish; and for strong solutions to crime, drugs and murder.

For the complete story and more local news, please subscribe to Jennings Daily News by clicking the “SUBSCRIBE” link at left or by calling"

I'm not sure how to go about getting the whole story though, it's just a snippet..

I hope the prayers work.....seems as if that's all there is hope wise. I think the whole town is inundated with evil myself. What tidbits I have come across (not only for the MURDERS) don't bode well for the town.....I get the sense that there is a lot of "corruption" there.

Guess I'll throw this in too.....I got to thinking about the "drug" issue.....AND the rumors of someone in LE being involved.....then it finally dawned on me.....LE's drug cabinet....who all has keys to that?

I hope the prayers work.....seems as if that's all there is hope wise. I think the whole town is inundated with evil myself. What tidbits I have come across (not only for the MURDERS) don't bode well for the town.....I get the sense that there is a lot of "corruption" there.

Guess I'll throw this in too.....I got to thinking about the "drug" issue.....AND the rumors of someone in LE being involved.....then it finally dawned on me.....LE's drug cabinet....who all has keys to that?

I agree with what you have said and I hope the prayers work too. Even, if,someone in LE has keys to the cabinet it doesn't preclude a serial killer. In this case someone enjoys the murders because they keep doing it.

I guess what I am trying to say is there are two issues....corruption in a small town and a serial killer. Maybe neither one of these issues will stop anytime soon but someone needs to get a handle on it as too many lives have been lost already.

Can we agree that no one on this board will be moving to Jennings, Louisiana anytime soon!!! Seriously, this is something the governor should be looking at because everytime there is another report of multiple killings in Louisiana then someone sidesteps thinking that maybe the state wouldn't be a good investment. At least 3 serial killers, not even counting Lucas,in the last 8-9 years. That is about 37 people murdered...actually I think it is more but that is my calculation right now.

ETA: This is Lee's, Gillis's and Domingue's not including the serial in Jennings who hasn't been caught.

Jennings Police Search for Sexual Assault Suspects

JDP police searching for two men that sexually assaulted a 16 year girl on Sunday (2/1/09) near the intersection of Andrew and Wood Street.

One has to wonder if this was a possible abduction attempt that went bad. The incident happened very near where Brittney Gary lived. I've included a map that shows the location where the assault took place.

Wow, this makes you wonder if it was an abduction that went wrong. Or, in this case, right for the victim. She needs to be interviewed and also anyone around who may have foiled this attempt. Most of all, she needs to be protected. This could be a big break in the case. We have been playing with the idea of serial killer (s) working together.

Wasn't there another different case of unsolved rape there? Let me see if i can find the link where it was mentioned..

I was curious who is the "head" of the task force.....is it the Sheriff:confused:

I'm not sure if it's him, i wouldn't be surprised though. I'm linking this article again (it has been updated Jan 9th 2009) from Ricky Edwards own press conference)

"JENNINGS, LA (KPLC) - The following is a verbatum of what Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff Ricky Edwards said at a press conference about the seven dead women found over the past several years: I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the formation of a Multi-agency Investigative Team. This Team is composed of Law Enforcement Agents from many different agencies. They will work full-time on the investigations of the 7 women who have been found dead in our community over the last 3 ½ years."

..."The formation of this group today, will allow 8-10 people to work full-time and exclusively to these cases."

.."Our team is comprised of very experienced investigators from 8 separate agencies, local, state, and federal. These men and women have years of experience in working very complicated cases, some of which are serial investigators. Most of these law enforcement officers live in our community or have family that live in our community. We are ALL anxious to solve these cases and bring those responsible to justice."

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9550151

From what it sounds like, maybe some of the 8 investigators making up the team have worked on other serial killer cases native to La.

Sorry I didn't reply to the message on Topix. I try to stay off of message boards when I am working on a case but one of my clients told me about this site and that someone asked for a response so instead of responding on Topix, I'll respond here.

The FBI are assisting local law enforcement in their investigation. Until and unless federal jurisdiction is invoked, what that means is that murder/homicide is charactized, in this case, as a state crime, not federal unless some act or omission makes it federal, such as a public official being involved, interstate drug traffic, or some other act or omission. When I stated that the FBI can only use what they are given from local law enforcement, that is exactly what I meant. Either law enforcement will give them everything they have on the case or only give them what they want to give them (which, if that's the case, then the FBI can only partially assist in solving the case because it then makes it peacemeal investigatory because they are not given all the facts).

My biggest fear is that all the bodies have been forensically examined, hundreds of people have been questioned, still no arrests. To gather further evidence from the bodies, the bodies would have to be exhumed and reexamined and that is a slight to zero chance that will ever happen. In other words, what I am saying is that my fear is that with "dead ends" then this case will once again "go south" and "turn cold" and it will be another 3-1/2 years when the press brings it up again that law enforcement will again aggressively investigate the case.

We (in the private sector) are required by law to turn over every single bit of evidence obtain from our investigation. We attempt to disspell rumors and to determine the credibility of the witness or witnesses before presenting it to law enforcement but that is sometimes difficult to do. Nobody wants closure more than we do and we are obligated to our clients and this case. Our clients want closure and they believe that will bring them some relief knowing that their daughters' murderer is brought to justice.

To avoid any appearance of impropriety, I am local and most people know me so I act only as a spokesperson for the investigative agency. Hands-on, the case has been assigned to three out of town investigators (who will remain anonymous for various reasons). We are not seeking any fame, glory or any other exposure. In fact, on the contrary, we've sent our outstanding cases to sub-contractors so we can concentrate solely on these unsolved homicides.

Thank you and again, sorry for the late response (s).

KM

Sorry I didn't reply to the message on Topix. I try to stay off of message boards when I am working on a case but one of my clients told me about this site and that someone asked for a response so instead of responding on Topix, I'll respond here.

The FBI are assisting local law enforcement in their investigation. Until and unless federal jurisdiction is invoked, what that means is that murder/homicide is charactized, in this case, as a state crime, not federal unless some act or omission makes it federal, such as a public official being involved, interstate drug traffic, or some other act or omission. When I stated that the FBI can only use what they are given from local law enforcement, that is exactly what I meant. Either law enforcement will give them everything they have on the case or only give them what they want to give them (which, if that's the case, then the FBI can only partially assist in solving the case because it then makes it peacemeal investigatory because they are not given all the facts).

My biggest fear is that all the bodies have been forensically examined, hundreds of people have been questioned, still no arrests. To gather further evidence from the bodies, the bodies would have to be exhumed and reexamined and that is a slight to zero chance that will ever happen. In other words, what I am saying is that my fear is that with "dead ends" then this case will once again "go south" and "turn cold" and it will be another 3-1/2 years when the press brings it up again that law enforcement will again aggressively investigate the case.

We (in the private sector) are required by law to turn over every single bit of evidence obtain from our investigation. We attempt to disspell rumors and to determine the credibility of the witness or witnesses before presenting it to law enforcement but that is sometimes difficult to do. Nobody wants closure more than we do and we are obligated to our clients and this case. Our clients want closure and they believe that will bring them some relief knowing that their daughters' murderer is brought to justice.

To avoid any appearance of impropriety, I am local and most people know me so I act only as a spokesperson for the investigative agency. Hands-on, the case has been assigned to three out of town investigators (who will remain anonymous for various reasons). We are not seeking any fame, glory or any other exposure. In fact, on the contrary, we've sent our outstanding cases to sub-contractors so we can concentrate solely on these unsolved homicides.

Thank you and again, sorry for the late response (s).

KM

Thanks, Kirk, for coming onboard and explaining your part in the situation. I feel that it is going to take the extra effort on behalf of the victim's families and outside agencies such as yourself to rattle the cages. I understand the FBI's limited scope but some who aren't as familiar with cases expect heroic efforts when the hands are tied by what info is fed. If one missing or murdered case is tied across state lines or a minor child is involved than the FBI will probably take over. Frankly, I would hope that someone locally will start talking to FBI outside of the Jennings LE. Not that I am convinced that Jennings LE is involved directly with these murders but I am concerned that key info is being under reported or not used because of other possible corruption in the area. Totally not related to the murders.

This is a multi layered situation where there is no clear cut answers

Yes Frankie Richard is still alive. Hannah is pregnant. Frankie was recently jailed and recently released for a family dispute with his mother and his daughter.

Hi Kirk.....thanks for your detailed and very enlightening response. It was certainly worth waiting for. I can understand a little better just how complicated this case is and appreciate your explanations.

I wish you were able to hang around and discuss the case with us but I realize that's not possible due to professional obligations. I certainly have many, many, many questions regarding these deaths and some of the rumors (or possibly not rumors) that surround them.

If, as concerned mentioned, the FBI would become lead investigators if a minor was involved.....wouldn't that encompass Brittney since she was 17? Also, would someone in law enforcement be considered a public official? It seems the air is heavy with talk of someone(s) in LE being involved in these killings.....is there NO evidence suggesting that is a possibility?

I think there are some very, very odd things going on over there.
[FONT=&quot]You wouldn't happen to know anything about a drug/prostitution bust involving Boudreaux Inn by chance? I'm not sure when it "supposedly" happened but so said LE was involved in it (and I'm not talking about from the arresting end) and it got swept under the rug.

Also, are you familiar with a woman beat to death in Mar 1999? Her name was Shelia G. Comeaux. I believe she was originally from Kaplan and by "coincidence", I believe her maiden name was [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gary[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Don't know if she was related to the two dead [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gary[/FONT][FONT=&quot] girls but that name seems to come up a lot.

Anywho.....thanks again Kirk.
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imystic