New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kirk, from an outsider's perspective I see a lot of political posturing vs. a hard investigation by LE. Is it because one of them is involved or is it an ego driven LE force?

Whatever the motive for dragging their feet it leaves the door open for another murder. The killer has to feel fairly confident by now.

Just spoke with three people from jennings and not a one knew about the sheriff refusing AMW.

This is my opinion only!

Honestly, we say Sheriff Edwards, but what about Mr. Danny Simms? He was caught in one sting operation covered by 20/20 I think. Maybe Simms is blackmailing Edwards and that is why he is not helping. Simms was fired than came back.

JUST MY OPINION

I don't know anything about the woman in Arcadian Park but I will have someone look into it.

Thank you, there was talk it was being looked into in relation to the others, yet not ruled out. The woman had an abusive exboyfriend who was supposedly cleared. I think a white pickup truck was sought in connection to the woman murdered in Arcadian park. (not sure if the park is a primary or secondary crime scene)

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths Living in Fear and Brownie!

Possibly a combination of the two, just an educated guess. it is certainly an ego driven force, no doubt about that. Sometimes you try so hard to solve a case and the answer is right there in your face that you can't see it because your ego is soooo big that it blocks everything from your view. That's why when I work on a case, I humble myself, never assume anything, and ask for help if needed,

These are just thoughts going round and round in my head...
I’ve said it many times before…a puppy in a drain pipe gets more attention then 7 women murdered in JDP. And why is that? Why the blanket of silence? And now we have that answer. The sheriff.
Now for the next question…Most law enforcement from other unsolved crimes beg for help from AMW…
Yet Sheriff Edwards turns the help offered down.
So why would a small, poor parish like Jeff Davis turn down help from AMW? Certainly the parish could use the unlimited resources and man power offered by AMW, not to mention the skills I’m sure the show has by now, after such a long history of catching these types of criminals. Makes me wonder if, in accepting outside help that doesn’t have to answer to him, would that bruise Ricky Edwards ego? Or is there something or someone(s) that he is afraid will be discovered and he is protecting?
IMHO…..:twocents:

Yes, I did! And a big THANK YOU for it! I shall use it to its fullest! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

These are just thoughts going round and round in my head...
I’ve said it many times before…a puppy in a drain pipe gets more attention then 7 women murdered in JDP. And why is that? Why the blanket of silence? And now we have that answer. The sheriff.
Now for the next question…Most law enforcement from other unsolved crimes beg for help from AMW…
Yet Sheriff Edwards turns the help offered down.
So why would a small, poor parish like Jeff Davis turn down help from AMW? Certainly the parish could use the unlimited resources and man power offered by AMW, not to mention the skills I’m sure the show has by now, after such a long history of catching these types of criminals. Makes me wonder if, in accepting outside help that doesn’t have to answer to him, would that bruise Ricky Edwards ego? Or is there something or someone(s) that he is afraid will be discovered and he is protecting?
IMHO…..:twocents:

It sounds like the Sheriff has something to hide, that's why he turns down AMW. Bringing them into town also helps the economy of the town, AMW and their workers will go to local businesses to eat, etc. I'm thinking the Sheriff has some skeletons in his closet he doesn't want found out..

It sounds like the Sheriff has something to hide, that's why he turns down AMW. . . I'm thinking the Sheriff has some skeletons in his closet he doesn't want found out..

That pretty much sums it up IMO. Though it probably more like a hidden web of behind-the-scenes shenanigans in a good ole boy network. Couches it in terms of wanting to protect his own turf (the Sheriff, I mean), i.e. what is politically expedient.

All JMOOC.

That pretty much sums it up IMO. Though it probably more like a hidden web of behind-the-scenes shenanigans in a good ole boy network. Couches it in terms of wanting to protect his own turf (the Sheriff, I mean), i.e. what is politically expedient.

All JMOOC.

Send in GR/Fox news............stir up the town.........Sherrif, knows something? Related to the perp?:furious:

Perhaps it's not so much blackmail as covering your own *advertiser censored** that is the problem with LE :waitasec:

Send in GR/Fox news............stir up the town.........Sherrif, knows something? Related to the perp?:furious:

I have to admit I have thought of a relationship between one or more LE with the perp. Could be the one family hides in the closet? Mental disorders etc. that would mar the family name? I don't know but this is such a small town so someone knows something....

I also think there is a primary place where the crimes happen and then the bodies are dumped. This would also suggest something local vs. a long distance serial killer. Since all the bodies were dumped south of I 10 who lives or owns property north of I 10? But still lives in the parish.

I will apologize in advance for posting before I have read the whole thread.
It seems like for the most part these women were high risk. A lot of times they do not pay taxes or vote so investigating their killer(s) does not take a high priority. In a lot of these cases the killer feels that he is commiting and act of public service. They usually are found to have a church background even if they do not attend now, are mentally off like Sean Vincent Gillis. or are occasionally LE or LE connected. The LE connected ones are rare. The church connected ones usually seem like good citizens to the neighbors that all found him to be such a nice guy. The crazies are abundant as well.

I question whether the 17 year old girl was involved with this SK. She does not seem to fit in with the similarities shared by the other victims.

Has a full FBI profile been released?

Has a geographical profile been generated? Number three affects this in that she was dumped a long way away. If related, this would probably be closer to the perps old address or a friends house than with a profile of his own home comfort zone. I looked at Dr. Godwin's site and did not find a profile that he had done for Jennings.

Does any physical evidence link the victims or is there any reason to think it is the same perp other than the victims being high risk?

The I-49 killings are a minimum 40 miles away. Jennings to Slidell is about 180 miles. Most SK's find these mileages outside their comfort zone. Not all though. Most SK's are found to have high mileage on their vehicles. This is attributed to local trolling for victims and riding around stalking potential victims.

The petrochemical industry brings in a vast workforce. This is also a big rice producing area. Other victims could be lost forever in a rice field.

Are there any locals here that can provide any information about local rumor?

Thanks in advance for answers and corrections.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20090206/ARTICLES/902060235/1211/NEWS01?Title=Area_news_in_brief
SNIP
HOUMA — State Police have yet to make a decision on whether to conduct an investigation of the Houma Police Department.
Last week, Terrebonne District Attorney Joe Waitz Jr. and Parish President Michel Claudet asked State Police to conduct the investigation.

Last week the District Attorney’s Office received complaints from a police lieutenant accusing Interim Chief Todd Duplantis of criminal conduct and another from a citizen who claims a police report was illegally leaked. SNIP

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090216/NEWS01/902160311
http://rustonleader.com/news.php?id=4936
SNIP
GRAMBLING — The drama within Grambling’s City Hall continues with the battle for governmental control heating up on two separate fronts.
When Grambling Police Chief Tommy Clark arrived at work Friday morning, a note had been slipped under his door informing him Mayor Martha Andrus had terminated him from his job.

A brief while later, investigators with the Louisiana State Police swept into Grambling with search warrants for four different locations involving a nearly yearlong ongoing probe into possible missing funds and a breach of records within city finances. SNIP

http://realcostofprisons.org/blog/archives/2007/08/la_federal_gran.html
SNIP
MARKSVILLE -- Longtime Avoyelles Parish Sheriff Bill Belt has been indicted, along with his wife and sister, by a federal grand jury and charged with illegally pocketing profits from telephone services provided at the parish jails.
The indictments were handed down last week in Shreveport through the Alexandria division of the federal court but were sealed until Wednesday.
Belt and his wife, Tracy Bryant Belt, 37, both of Marksville, were charged with eight counts each of mail fraud and one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud. Bill Belt's sister, Julie Ann Bernard, 50, also of Marksville, was charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud, making a false statement to the FBI and obstruction of justice, according to the Western District of Louisiana U.S. Attorney's Office.SNIP

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090219/NEWS01/902190316
SNIP
Waterproof Mayor Bobby Higginbotham and Police Chief Miles Jenkins were arrested Wednesday morning on felony corruption charges.
Higginbotham faces 44 counts, including mulitple charges of malfeasance, felony theft, deducting payroll, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and theft.
Jenkins faces three counts of malfeasance. SNIP

Sorry for the long (and slightly off topic) post but a little Googling can turn up a lot. Just an FYI into the background perspective of small town/rural Louisiana politics. Lately there also seems to have been a rash of LE excessive force in some cases. Complex issues to say the least.

Cases like these demonstrate why small town/rural LA LE and politicians might seem <cough, cough> reluctant to ask for and/or accept help from outside souces such as the feds, AMW, etc.

All JMOOC

ETA: Okay I finally got the links straightened out. Sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back