New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so interesting! I wonder if Ricky Edwards ordered it because he had a reason to other than to "dispel rumors". That seems like alot of time and effort to collect DNA for the sake of quieting rumors. If that is really his motive, why didn't he follow through with this a long time ago when the rumors started? I hope it gets the team further along with the investigation. That would be amazing after all this time of little communication with the public. It's been almost 5 years since the first killing and I am always just hoping that they can solve it before another girl gets killed.

I was thinking the same thing. I would be curious to see if any LE officers quit just prior to this annoucement or if any refused to take the DNA test.

I am still so amazed at the lack of national attention these murders have received.

The article on kplctv.com was just updated and I saw this part that I did not recognize as having seen on the previously listed articles.

"Edwards said he announced the new DNA policy months ago and he did not understand why members of the media were reporting on it now. Regardless, Edwards said the DNA testing process, like the death investigations, will be a "long and continuous process."

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11737933

Weird???

I was thinking the same thing. I would be curious to see if any LE officers quit just prior to this annoucement or if any refused to take the DNA test.

I am still so amazed at the lack of national attention these murders have received.

I agree about the lack of national attention. I have e-mailed many national news editors and other media sources as well about the story. I gave information and statistics about the murders and Jennings itself. I offered them my contact information and said to contact me if they were interested in covering the story. I have not heard from any of them since my attempt about a month ago. It's frustrating because I don't understand what it's going to take to get this story more widespread.:waitasec:

I agree about the lack of national attention. I have e-mailed many national news editors and other media sources as well about the story. I gave information and statistics about the murders and Jennings itself. I offered them my contact information and said to contact me if they were interested in covering the story. I have not heard from any of them since my attempt about a month ago. It's frustrating because I don't understand what it's going to take to get this story more widespread.:waitasec:

I'm so glad to see that you have attempted to contact national media. I have done the same. I bet if Geraldo or someone like that went to Jennings and did an "in your face" investigation, these murders would be solved. Witnesses would start talking, authorities would probably be more aggressive, and the killer would get nervous (or cocky). He might even slip up and tell someone what he has done.

I don't mean to sound critical of LE. I'm certainly not a professional LE officer and know nothing about catching a serial killer. I'm sure many LE investigators are not sleeping, trying to solve this case.

I'm so glad to see that you have attempted to contact national media. I have done the same. I bet if Geraldo or someone like that went to Jennings and did an "in your face" investigation, these murders would be solved. Witnesses would start talking, authorities would probably be more aggressive, and the killer would get nervous (or cocky). He might even slip up and tell someone what he has done.

I don't mean to sound critical of LE. I'm certainly not a professional LE officer and know nothing about catching a serial killer. I'm sure many LE investigators are not sleeping, trying to solve this case.

I don't think you are being critical of LE at all. Many citizens believe that enough information is available that the case should have been solved a long time ago. The sheriff is a man who I've seen at my hometown church since I was born. He has a large family and many of his kids went to high school around the same time as me. Before this case became widely known, he had a good reputation. His dealings with the media earlier on turned many people against him. Those few times he addressed the media earlier on, he refused to use the term "serial killer". It frustrated many people. He calls citizens his "partner in the investigation", alongside the other members of his task force. How can we be his partners if he shares nothing with us? I bet some people know what is going on and don't even realize it because no LE officials are giving information about the progress being made. It's so frustrating and disheartening to watch on the sidelines and not know what else to do. I agree that some national news figure needs to step in and get this story out there because this is not something that needs to be dragged out in a town of 12,000. It is sad that the sheriff himself is the one that keeps saying that both the investigation and DNA submission are "part of a continuous and ongoing process that takes time" or whatever words he uses in the articles. It's rediculous. So I doubt anyone will take your words offensively at all. If anything, many people would think stronger words are more appropriate.

I realized Jennings was a small town, but not that small. Wow. It is so hard to believe that 8 women could be murdered in a town of 12,000 and we still know nothing!!! WTH? You are totally correct in stating that someone may know something, but are unaware because of the lack of publicity.

I often pass through Jennings on my way to Houston. I have even stopped in the town to gas up, etc. I always think..."could that be the killer?" It gives me the creeps. I don't envy you guys that live there. It must be very uneasy.

I just posted part of an article in the media links thread about the DNA testing of officers. Interesting that not all officers have been tested yet given that this testing began months ago. Hmmmmm...

Yah, about the dna testing... they won't put themselves out there like that.. I'm convinced it's just something to humor people for a while til the issue is pushed

Yah, about the dna testing... they won't put themselves out there like that.. I'm convinced it's just something to humor people for a while til the issue is pushed

Do you think they have no intention of even doing the testing? I never even thought of that. That's pretty low if they would say something like that and not follow through.

Do you think they have no intention of even doing the testing? I never even thought of that. That's pretty low if they would say something like that and not follow through.

The article posted in Medial Links by LaSandy says that the process began months ago and is nearly complete. It also states that Sheriff Ricky Edwards is making it mandatory for all new employees to submit DNA upon being hired. I really feel as if this is not something that they would say just for the sake of quieting the rumors. They really have shown no prior indication in this case of being interested in the rumors that are flying. Why would they start now? I think the issue is more of the motive for ordering the DNA to be submitted. I truly believe that maybe there was some indication along the way that is even pointing investigators towards a LE figure being involved in the murders. Just wondering...is it even legal for police officers to leak false info to the public? Especially for such a motive as hushing rumors?

By the way...the article also says that the Sheriff spoke with one if his co-workers before ordering the tests and they both agreed that it would benefit the investigation to order the tests and quiet the rumors. This sound so strange to me that rumors have been flying for years and now they are interferring with the investigation enough for the sheriff to order DNA submissions to stop it? The murder that sparked the rumor about a LE agent being the murderer was that of Laconia Brown in May of 2008. MAY OF 2008!!! The rumors were really flying then about LE being involved in the killings because her body was dumped down the road from a police shooting range. Why now? This just really bothers me that they police don't speak to the public & then after all this time this story is published to quiet rumors. It's hard to belive.

I don't mean to sound critical of LE. I'm certainly not a professional LE officer and know nothing about catching a serial killer. I'm sure many LE investigators are not sleeping, trying to solve this case.[/QUOTE]

What about Greta van Sustrene? Has anyone called or contacted her? She would be the one to get in their face.

Greta van Sustrene would be a good one to get involved...wonder when the results will start coming in for the LE DNA tests.

New to reading here and am not fully informed, but have to ask: When does the Sheriff come up for re-election? May have a lot to do with the sudden DNA impetus... imo.

This is a horrific situation. I'm stunned I hadn't heard about it until kimster mentioned it in the scanner thread-- thanks for the heads up kimster! :)

Excerpt taken from this page
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10118&page=6

(excerpt a follows)
After 17 years in office, Edwards says he’s keeping an open door policy and he plans to be back in the sheriff’s chair for another term after the 2011 election. He isn’t worrying about how much the current serial killer investigation may affect him or his legacy. “I don’t worry about legacies,” he says. “I serve God and will continue to do that.

“Does this case consume me? Yes, it does. Is it a priority? Obviously, it is the top priority. Will it make me or break me? I’m the person I am. I’m still Ricky Edwards, and that’s all that I think I can be, what God expects of me.”
(excerpt end)

Honestly anyone engulfed by god or god's work in my eyes is a quack. you can keep all that preaching stuff to yourself mr edwards because to me it's for the birds. I believe in god but i don't go around saying god this and god that because god is and that's that about that. lol

Further proof that Frankie Richard is in direct ties with these murders is proven here

(excerpt)
LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - A judge in Jeff Davis parish ordered KPLC to immediately hand over all video recordings of interviews conducted for our one-hour special on the unsolved deaths of eight Jeff Davis women.
KPLC-TV has decided not to turn over its unedited footage, because according to KPLC attorney James Doyle, the subpoena is not in compliance with Louisiana statutes. KPLC has moved to have the subpoena quashed, or declared invalid.
Doyle says Louisiana law states that the media cannot be forced to hand over any part of the story that was not aired on their station, nor can the station be held in contempt or be compelled to turn over such material without a hearing.
"If the news media is forced to hand over its investigation to the law enforcement, then that means the news media's news gathering operation becomes a part of the prosecution. It means it's owned by the government," Doyle said. "We don't want our news media owned by the government. We want it to stay independent."
You may remember that KPLC sat down with Tracee and Frankie.
Tracee said she knew some of the girls, but denied knowing anything about their deaths. Frankie says he also knew most of the victims, and was initially called a person of interest by investigators.
(excerpt end)

and I would like to note that i know another girl that was found in Nov. 2009 in Moss Bluffs personally.. you can check the first link to see her. there is also a lot of info on that page that i found useful.

There's your two culprits right there... Tracee went around telling everybody in town that she was the one to kill Kristen Gary Lopez and her story never changed, and the girl Connie that needs to be questioned along with Frankie and Tracee has left town. Tracee reportedly jumped into the water to go after her and held a gun to Kristen's head til she drowned after she was thrown into the canal and thought to be dead. And while she was trying to fight back and swim to saftey Tracee made threats saying see this gun if you don't go down and stay down it goes boom boom and that's how you die.

I thought that Sierra Bouzigard's murder was ruled non-related to the Jennings' murders?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back