New Document Release Nov. 6 - Over 500 pages

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Developmental milestones vary greatly from child to child, and being not yet three, and not yet potty trained is no indication that anyone is not a good mother. I have 6 children and they all potty trained on their own time schedule-some at 2 and some much later (my boys who are autistic one is still not trained at 5 and one trained completely at 7). My 25 year old son trained just after 3, my 17 year old daughter trained just after 2. My 16 year old daughter trained around 3 and a half. My CURRENT 3 year old REFUSES to potty train AT ALL-wants nothing to do with it-I am assuming because his 5 year old brother is still in diapers, he sees no reason why he should not be. My point is, this is not a good "road sign" indicating a "bad-mother" as it is very much a developmental milestone and these can vary tremendously from child to child...:blowkiss:

FYI: The AVERAGE age for potty training in an autistic child is 7 and a half.
I agree about milestones varying from child to child...But the family seems to want to indicate that Caylee was talking and all I've seen (from the one video) is gibberish...The beginning of speech but not much that can be understood. I guess the only reason this is relevant is that if she was on the cusp of really speaking/communicating...It may well have been something that created tension for KC. The realization that Caylee could start to express what was actually going on all day...

I worked second shift, my daughter was potty trained at 18 months (no lie) why spend money on diapers when you don't have to I said. She was speaking very clearly at 3 yrs, (no baby talk I said) to the point of being stopped in public by people asking how old she was because she was small. Maybe I was just lucky. She did graduate college Magna Cummi Laude.

My friend's little boy didn't speak until he was almost 4 - because he didn't have to. His mother anticipated his every need, as I believe Cindy did with Caylee. Casey - not so much.

IIRC they got back together in the beginning of 2005, remember they were at Cindy's brother wedding when Casey was 7 months pregnant?

7 months would have been around may or june. More the middle of the year.

7 months would have been around may or june. More the middle of the year.

The point I was making was George and Cindy were together at her brother's wedding, May or June. Broderick thought that they split when Caylee was an infant. George and Cindy separated in 2004-2005 Dec 2004 not 2005.

My friend's little boy didn't speak until he was almost 4 - because he didn't have to. His mother anticipated his every need, as I believe Cindy did with Caylee. Casey - not so much.

Chilly - Let's put speech aside for a moment. I have no doubts that CA loved Caylee but anticipated her every need? Really? CA worked all day (to pay for KC's lifestyle). She left the house in the morning before KC and Caylee woke up and came home around 5:30- 6:30 (sometimes even later according to GA). By CA's accounts, Caylee went to bed at 7:30. CA spent maybe 1-2 hours per day in Caylee's company throughout the work-week. Again, no doubts about the love, but let's be realistic about what Caylee's real day-to-day life was about.

I find that sad when parents anticipate what a child wants instead of making them tell/ask you, it doesn't help the child it only holds them back.

Chilly - Let's put speech aside for a moment. I have no doubts that CA loved Caylee but anticipated her every need? Really? CA worked all day (to pay for KC's lifestyle). She left the house in the morning before KC and Caylee woke up and came home around 5:30- 6:30 (sometimes even later according to GA). By CA's accounts, Caylee went to bed at 7:30. CA spent maybe 1-2 hours in Caylee's company throughout the work-week. Again, no doubts about the love, but let's be realistic about what Caylee's real day-to-day life was about.
Okay, I was trying to make a point and may have exaggerated a bit, but it's not fair to mothers of children who develop at rates slower or faster than other children to label those children as more loved or less loved than the others. The fact is, children learn to speak at different times. While in some cases it could be due to a lack of attention, I don't believe that is the case with Caylee. Caylee knew the words to "You are my Sunshine" which I find quite impressive for her age. She also tried to imitate reading - obviously she been read to.

I find that sad when parents anticipate what a child wants instead of making them tell/ask you, it doesn't help the child it only holds them back.

LOL...you don't know this kid. He was definitely not held back.

What about the basketball sized stain in the trunk, That did not come from the trash bag?

I am so sorry but speech is also very much different for different children. My autistic children BARELY spoke (and not for lack of speech therapy, and learning videos and MUCH prayer) before they were five years old. I think we should be a little more careful about these BROAD definitions of what is and is not DUE to good or bad parenting. MANY children have developmental delays that are nothing to do with parenting and everything to do with their DNA...

It is like if I say that if your child's outfit does not match then you must be a bad mother-utterly ridiculous!:mad:

Alot of things are being said that are mother-utterly ridiculous.

My favorite was a comment that their grown child would not get away with what KC was getting away with. With or without a baby.

Like folks can control a grown "child.' If there is such control, then something is wrong. I doubt they would have allowed their parents that much control over themselves either. <shrugs>

So it's not just on growth development we are seeing this.

LOL...you don't know this kid. He was definitely not held back.

The story about Albert Einstein (sp) ? is that he didn't know how to tie his shoes, and it was said that " why should I lower myself to do something that someone else will do for me.

What about the basketball sized stain in the trunk, That did not come from the trash bag?

Ugh.

About the size of the impression a toddler leaves on the bed when they lie on their side from their little hip & bottom?

I do remember Tony L's roommate saying that Caylee could count to 40 in Spanish - I guess she got it from watching Dora on TV? She was a very smart little girl, she was probably just not encouraged or enriched by her too-busy-text-messaging mother. She was more than likely parked in front of the TV all day.

Yes! And remember how Cindy said she never asked Caylee how her day was at the "nanny's" house? No talking with Caylee every single day about how her day were spent? Seems like that would be about 80% of what you'd talk to a toddler about!

I think that is so odd that Cindy didn't talk to Caylee about the "nanny" and how she spent her days. With my kids whenever they went anywhere when I was not with them at that age I would always ask about what they did during that time. I do it to my nephew as well. My mother does it to all 3 of them. Even if she didn't ask her all the time about her days you'd think she would have over the course of 1 1/2 asked her about this "nanny". Or even ask KC about who this person was, atleast her name!!

The point I was making was George and Cindy were together at her brother's wedding, May or June. Broderick thought that they split when Caylee was an infant. George and Cindy separated in 2004-2005 Dec 2004 not 2005.

And I was just trying to help the time line by pointing out that it wasn't Jan- march (early 2005). But around May, June or so. For those who might not remember that she got prego around the end of Nov, early Dec.

I don't understand what the problem is? I didn't say you was wrong, I tightened the time line.

I do remember Tony L's roommate saying that Caylee could count to 40 in Spanish - I guess she got it from watching Dora on TV? She was a very smart little girl, she was probably just not encouraged or enriched by her too-busy-text-messaging mother. She was more than likely parked in front of the TV all day.

Does make you wonder where she did spend her days. I can't believe that they spent the most part of the day just driving around, she had to be some place for Caylee to have access to the TV all the time.

Okay, I was trying to make a point and may have exaggerated a bit, but it's not fair to mothers of children who develop at rates slower or faster than other children to label those children as more loved or less loved than the others. The fact is, children learn to speak at different times. While in some cases it could be due to a lack of attention, I don't believe that is the case with Caylee. Caylee knew the words to "You are my Sunshine" which I find quite impressive for her age. She also tried to imitate reading - obviously she been read to.

I didn't and won't discuss the speech issue as a comment on whether or not she was/wasn't cared for. I think it's irrelevant and silly. Of course, children develop speech at different rates and there are documented cases of many a genius who began speaking "late". My comment to you was about CA "anticipating every need" in Caylee's regard. I don't believe that she did. I was commenting on your comment that she did.

I think that is so odd that Cindy didn't talk to Caylee about the "nanny" and how she spent her days. With my kids whenever they went anywhere when I was not with them at that age I would always ask about what they did during that time. I do it to my nephew as well. My mother does it to all 3 of them. Even if she didn't ask her all the time about her days you'd think she would have over the course of 1 1/2 asked her about this "nanny". Or even ask KC about who this person was, atleast her name!!

Cindy knew there was no nanny, that's why she avoided asking Caylee questions like about how her day was spent. If Cindy pretends like she believes there's a nanny, then she doesn't have to confront Casey with yet another set of her lies and endless deceit. Cindy just closed her eyes and ears to what was really going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back