New Minimum Wage: $6.55/HR

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since this is the USA, I think it is supposed to be a capitalistic society. Why should government dictate to independent business or corporations what they should pay their employees?

The benefit to business owners is that they get to take ownership in deciding what to pay their employees, which is the way I think it should be for business owners. Employees are free to work (or not to work) for any employer.

They have that system in other countries, and the pejorative term is a "sweatshop".

:woohoo:

if people can even afford to drive to work...and keep a job.

He!! the people who work the intersections here can make up to $500/day!!! I
just got a 7% raise which sounds like alot to some but it really is not and I don't have anyone to take care of. Just me, myself and I.

You also have to take into account that most min. wage jobs are part-time which for the most part does not include healthcare coverage. Employers do not have to pay for ins. for part timers if they don't want to. Some do like *buck's, UPS, etc.. But not too many.

They have that system in other countries, and the pejorative term is a "sweatshop".

:clap::clap:

This is the same reason we prevent employers from working them 12 hours a day in the "meat plants", we keep Wal-Mart employees from having to work unsafe conditions; and that we must offere Workmans' Comp. in case an employee gets hurt on the job.

There has to be a balance between an employer's rights and exploitation of the worker. That's why we have rules.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back