new "prestigious local lawyers" secured by Joe Tacopina **John Picerno**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we all watching how Joe T. is going to have the boys talk to LE? It was supposed to be this week, as I recall....hmm.

"prestigious local lawyers" was plural so there is probably somebody else in Picerno's firm who can be considered involved in the case.

:waitasec: I wonder how long this is going to last?

Neither Mr. Picerno nor I will be fielding any further press inquiries at this time. There will also be no further comments made to the media by either the attorneys, the investigators, or the family. That would include no other "media house tours" or "press conferences". This standing position may change at any moment as developments occur.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15927416/tacopina-announces-new-local-counsel-in-baby-lisa-case

but they have no problem sneaking in cozy, fun filled evenings being had by the family...shame on you ABC...

"While, understandably, the media and the public at large have a great interest in the hunt for baby Lisa and its search for answers, we feel at this time that the focus needs to shift back on the investigation and hopeful recovery of Lisa, both alive and well. In the past week, we have observed potentially vital information regarding possible sightings of Lisa, corroborated by multiple and independent witnesses, take a backseat to announcements of witness meetings with law enforcement and attorney press conferences. The family believes that these distractions shift the focus away from where it should be placed," Tacopina said in the news release.

Tacopina said that there would be no immediate plans for news conferences, house tours or other events involving the family or their representatives.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1cZkft0Iq

What the heck does that even mean? While understandably the public is interested in the hunt (hunt??) for Baby Lisa and the search for answers, the focus needs to be shifted back in the investigation??

Please could someone enlighten me how "investigation" in this case differs from "search for answers"?

And is he saying that if Lisa is dead they don't want her found?

It sounds like he's going to use this as his latest excuse du jour why the boys can't be interviewed and why the family won't answer vital questions that clarify the inconsistencies in the timeline: because it's a distraction that shifts the focus from witnesses who saw a naked baby in a diaper, or a t-shirt, or whatever.

"While, understandably, the media and the public at large have a great interest in the hunt for baby Lisa and its search for answers, we feel at this time that the focus needs to shift back on the investigation and hopeful recovery of Lisa, both alive and well. In the past week, we have observed potentially vital information regarding possible sightings of Lisa, corroborated by multiple and independent witnesses, take a backseat to announcements of witness meetings with law enforcement and attorney press conferences. The family believes that these distractions shift the focus away from where it should be placed," Tacopina said in the news release.

Tacopina said that there would be no immediate plans for news conferences, house tours or other events involving the family or their representatives.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1cZkft0Iq

What the heck does that even mean? While understandably the public is interested in the hunt (hunt??) for Baby Lisa and the search for answers, the focus needs to be shifted back in the investigation??

Please could someone enlighten me how "investigation" in this case differs from "search for answers"?

And is he saying that if Lisa is dead they don't want him found?

It sounds like he's going to use this as his latest excuse du jour why the boys can't be interviewed and why the family won't answer vital questions that clarify the inconsistencies in the timeline: because it's a distraction that shifts the focus from witnesses who saw a naked baby in a diaper, or a t-shirt, or whatever.

[Bold/Blue by me] Thank you!! That is exactly what I was wondering too. How are those things (the hunt for baby Lisa and its search for answers v. the investigation and recovery of Lisa) mutually exclusive? That's just a weird statement all round. :waitasec:

The new lawyer is finally introduced. I'm not aware of any new searches or continued searches for Lisa. The new lawyer isn't for Lisa, he is protection for the parents.

So much deflection in that last statement from Tacopina-- he makes me laugh. Does he really think he's holding the reins on this whole thing? Obviously, the upshot of his words are: you, the public, aren't looking at what we want you to look at, so I'm going to hold back the exclusive about the boys returning to school (or something equivalent) until you look at the white blob some more...See? See how there's a straight line of sightings?

pfft

Regarding the new "very prestigious" lawyer, John Picerno-- his list of achievements seem like "hard working" and "notable KC" would fit him better. I don't know his reputation, but it looks like he might roll up his sleeves, which might be a good thing. I hope there's less flash and more substance coming from that camp.

Moo

[Bold/Blue by me] Thank you!! That is exactly what I was wondering too. How are those things (the hunt for baby Lisa and its search for answers v. the investigation and recovery of Lisa) mutually exclusive? That's just a weird statement all round. :waitasec:

The only thing I can think of is that his team is not interested in finding answers, they just want to investigate the hello out of all the leads that distract from what was happening within the family. He was not hired to find Lisa.

Why was the drinking neighbor, Samantha, at Deb's and Jeremy's home while the new attorney was there? One would think that Samantha would go home while Deb and Jeremy were talking to their new attorney. This article states that Samantha has spent a lot of time with Deborah/Jeremy since Lisa's abduction, too. This makes me wonder if Samantha was also getting legal advice from Picerno.
Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29667881/detail.html#ixzz1cgfv7Mtw

It is a good thing that there is an another attorney. Joe Tacopina has been named the vice-president of A.S. Roma a big time soccer team. Also sadly, his Father recently passed away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back