New Search 9/12/2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only JP or SP would know if this is Susans body or not.

For him to comment at all is rubbing salt in the wounds. All he has continue to do is cause more and more pain for the Cox Family. Guilt shows up in weird ways..they will never give up on finding Susan.

He would not survive if he did that kinda stuff in the hills of tennessee.

Glad a body was found..if not for Susans family then for another.

BBM also makes him a media ho

Like in Tenn, here in South Dakota he'd be taken for a ride. If my dad had been in Mr. Cox's position, jp would at least have been eating through a straw and prolly a lot worse.

there was also a comment posted on one of the linked articles that (to paraphrase and generalize) said that the area had also been a site where there was a japanese wwII interment camp...

I am not sure if that is true or not but would be interesting to look into...

((just throwing it out there))

Only 16 miles outside of Delta. Info here: http://topazmuseum.org/

For him to do that, there MUST be some clues in the area the are searching now. If he were confident they weren't going to find anything, I don't think he would have be coming out there on a last-minute flight. They are preparing for something... like someone else said.

I see this as josh pretending to be the concerned husband, and trying to be where he can "help" identify the remains if asked. Its all about appearence.

bmullahy2news Brian Mullahy
chuck Cox in Salt Lake City---doubts a federal grand jury would help investigation.
13 minutes ago

ShaunaKhorrami Shauna Khorrami
Chuck Cox got very emotional when I asked him if he's hoping this is Susan to get some closer...or hoping it's not so all hope is not lost.
22 minutes ago

Chuck Cox says email pointed to a trip she and Josh took to Topaz Mountain the summer before disappearance.
23 minutes ago

ShaunaKhorrami Shauna Khorrami
Interviewing Chuck Cox...Susan Powell's dad. twitpic.com/6lbxzj
25 minutes ago

Chuck Cox is in SLC----more hopeful there will be an answer in Susan's disappearance
26 minutes ago

So, what is that little twit talking about when he says he's never been to the area? It's not like Topaz Mountain is THAT big. So, either he's lying (shocker there), or he's pinpointed where the search is so accurately that he's saying, "Well, I've been to Topaz Mountain. But where I was was actually three miles from there."

Sort of makes me wonder that maybe Josh Powell and Mr. Cox have been asked to comes to SLC to identify some belongings perhaps?

It occurred to me as well but they would have to pretend that JP is cooperating and photos if not actual items could be sent and identified in Puyallup. Would JP agree to come anyway if he thinks there's a risk he could be arrested? And the statement in which he identified with the public that has little information and asked for more doesn't really make me think the police told him anything about what was found.

JP is scared and wants to know what the police have. He probably heard via a reporter that Mr. cox was flying out there and by gosh, I bet he just couldn't wait to get there too. JP playing right into LE's hands right now I think.

Generally when remains are found LE is quick to say if it is male when they were searching for a female, and they haven't done so yet. Generally they are quick to say 'not her' if NA artificacs are found. Yet at this point they don't seem to know if they have a complete skeleton, if it is NA or not, or even if it is male or female.

That leads me to believe that the remains are only partially uncovered. Only enough is visable to say there are bones there, not enough to get any info about them.

But because of the procedures in place due to the tribal laws, procedures have to be followed to determine if this NA before they can even begin to uncover the remains.

BBM
A clarification: The laws are Federal laws; NAGPRA, Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act and AIRFA,American Indian Religius Freedom Act. These are in place to insure that cultural and Spiritual practices and customs are adhered to and respected.

http://www.nps.gov/history/nagpra/

http://www.nps.gov/history/local-law/FHPL_IndianRelFreAct.pdf

Er- not entirely.

HRD dogs need to be trained on significantly aged scent to alert on skeletanized remains- especially those underground. While there certainly are SAR dogs out there that are trained for this purpose, I've not found them to be common in the field.
Again- that's not to say they don't exist- just that they are uncommon.

Does anyone know specifically which dogs were brought out for this search? TIA.

Oh, thanks I did not know a difference existed. My bad!!!!

Thanks!

This might be interesting:

@TheLieGuy
Stan B. Walters, CSP
Just finished interview on KOMO-ABC Seattle on Susan Powell Case. Asked 4 my observations on Josh. #thelieguy #Kinesic Thx Elisa Jaffee.
10 minutes ago

Stan B. Walters, CSP
@TheLieGuy U.S.
The Lie Guy®. I work with investigators who need to uncover the real story. Founded in Science. Focused on the truth™.
http://www.TheLieGuy.com

http://twitter.com/#!/TheLieGuy

http://www.komonews.com/

ETA: http://www.linkedin.com/in/thelieguy

I'm glued to this thread waiting on any tidbit of news. Thank you Beanie for the tweets, keep them coming please.

I can't see josh flying to utah to possibly get arrested. He knows its not where he hid susan and thinks this makes him look concerned.

AndrewAdamsKSL Andrew Adams
Chuck Cox says he came to #Utah by his own choice. Will meet with #WVC PD and see if he can go to Juab Co. site. #findsusan

I would imagine, if there were to be bad news now, that he would be with his wife in WA.

I hope when JP shows up he is tailed and with binoculars they watch his eyes in what direction he looks towards.

His sister said he is NOT on his way to Utah...I wonder if that was mis-reported, when in fact it was Susan's father who was actually flying in.

His sister said he is NOT on his way to Utah...I wonder if that was mis-reported, when in fact it was Susan's father who was actually flying in.

I think one reporter mis-reported it when she heard Chuck was flying in, and it took off from there. Just from what I've seen on Twitter this morning.

For him to do that, there MUST be some clues in the area the are searching now. If he were confident they weren't going to find anything, I don't think he would have be coming out there on a last-minute flight. They are preparing for something... like someone else said.

Definitely strange timing--- and his sister and BIL is leaving the area?? Will this be a much needed house repair or maintenance for the winter excuse to chat with his lawyer....or we can only pray a nice discussion with WVPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers