New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... They're not pulling any punches, are they?

NinevehDinha Nineveh Dinha
Day 2 Delta search: dogs covered 12 miles at Topaz Mountain. WVC says "the ball is rolling and it's rolling fast" #FindSusan

No they aren't Anakerie but when you go searching with cadaver dogs, you are looking for a body/remains.

Here's a video tonight about the dogs they are using.

EXCLUSIVE: Cadaver dogs searching for Susan Cox Powell in Utah's West Desert

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...an-powell-near-delta-20110913,0,1673815.story

Searching in the Topaz Mountain area makes a lot of sense to me based upon all of the facts/discussions brought up on this site.

I spent a day there in my youth and it makes sense that he could make it to that area in the Winter/weather conditions that were present. My guess is that he visited there a few time to determine the lay of the land and the various roads that ring the area. He would get a feel for where the typical rock hound stops their car and where he could go that most people don't stop at. Thus he could venture a short distance off the road and could expect that most rock hounds would never venture in that area.

The terrain is hilly up against the U shaped opening of the extinct volcano and is very flat along the perimeter. Most people look for crystals in the cliffs and along the foot of the dry river beds of the slopes. Not much activity along the outskirts of the area. This is a large area to search, but something out of the ordinary should be visible if the right eyes swing across the area.

Just my hunch.

The area around Delta was my hunch back in Dec 2009. So I am not surprised that they are searching just North of that area.

I am hopeful the dogs are lucky enough to stumble on the correct location.

I'm new here, but I've been reading the site for a few weeks. I finally registered today.

I knew Susan when she first moved to Utah and worked at her first brokerage. To see her in the news, missing after these years, is very disheartening.

Today's coverage gives me hope that her body will be found. I live in the SLC area, and I was thinking about how Ely and Delta connect. My theory - strictly my opinion, that is, is that Josh may have driven a loop.

WVC to Delta to dump the body
Delta to Ely where he dumped evidence
Ely back to WVC

KKJIW.jpg

I'm new here, but I've been reading the site for a few weeks. I finally registered today.

I knew Susan when she first moved to Utah and worked at her first brokerage. To see her in the news, missing after these years, is very disheartening.

Today's coverage gives me hope that her body will be found. I live in the SLC area, and I was thinking about how Ely and Delta connect. My theory - strictly my opinion, that is, is that Josh may have driven a loop.

Ely back to WVC

KKJIW.jpg

WELCOME! And thanks so much for the info.

Praying something comes from this latest search.

Super news about this new search ! Josh is to busy covering his butt to talk, he probably got a good tounge licking from his attorney after this last fiasco ! To bad though I would like to see his body language right about now.

:wave: Welcome HotLavaJavas to WS ! Great first post so glad you decided to join us :)

Ely back to WVC

KKJIW.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous avatar you have chosen; could not be worded any better. I wonder if jp ever realized that so many people from all over the world would react to Susan be missing the way they have.

Welcome.

This tells me that JP recent camping trip yielding this place to search. My guess is they have them on surveillance or GPS installed on vehicles.

Absolutely gorgeous avatar you have chosen; could not be worded any better. I wonder if jp ever realized that so many people from all over the world would react to Susan be missing the way they have.

Welcome.

Thank you all for the welcome!

I designed the avatar since I am doing some design work on new flyers, etc for Kiirsi.

I'm glad to be here...and I'm glad so many people care for her. She is really one of those people that makes the world a better place to be, and while I hope she's still among us, I think that's probably not the case.

I've got faith the WVCPD is doing everything right to avoid any problems later, and while they're taking it slow, I do think his days are numbered.

Oh wow! I just found an article in People about Susan and the newest search. I haven't been around since that ordeal a month or so ago. I know, I'm bad. I just thought it would be a while before LE was able to discern anything from what they'd have to look over from the SW.

I admit I haven't read any of this latest thread. But I'll spend some time this evening, well, maybe some tomorrow as it's late, and get up to speed.

Oh, and HotLavaJavas ,

:welcome:

fran

I wonder if that area was the one that a friend of Josh's brother had on his political site? It was a pic of his friend sitting in a curvature just like in this pic. I do not still have the link because I have a different computer than I had then and lost a lot of links. IIRC, I had posted about it at one time way back when the brother's polirical site was being looked at. Honestly; the pic looked as if was taken at that curvature!!!

I feel good about this search. It would so great if Susan could be recovered and Josh would be arrested! GB the Cox family and Susan's precious little boys.

NinevehDinha Nineveh Dinha
WVC says "we have reason to guess there's a body out here..." referring to Topaz Mountain. Day 3 of search continues tomorrow

http://twitter.com/#!/NinevehDinha

I have to admit I am a bit puzzled over the reporting and/or WVCPD statements. It went from a search they had on list to do and finally finding the time to---following up on a tip to--- we have reason to guess there's a body out here. They could at least narrow it down to the correct reason for the search. :waitasec:

I was just thinking about the Coxes and how they are tonight. Prayers offered for them that they may one day find Peace.

I was just thinking about the Coxes and how they are tonight. Prayers offered for them that they may one day find Peace.

I join you in this, Jacie. The Cox family needs and deserves peace and they deserve to have Susan's precious little guys also.

Read from bottom up.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Items of interest have been photographed and will be taken to WVC to be analyzed for any connection to the case. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Cops tell me they plan to cover about 15 square miles today and tomorrow. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
WVC PD tells me they will search some mines in the area. They will be photographed, documented. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Search effort just resumed out here in #Utah's West Desert for Susan Powell. Cops caravaning out to the site. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

Ely back to WVC
Thank you for the map and the post....and Welcome!!!:greetings: Interesting thoughts and I wanted to show how long it would take...assuming the map is "in good weather" distances: 9 hrs 15 minutes. I didn't include Simpson Springs, but curious how much time could be added for a stop there. Also...could someone post a map of WHERE EXACTLY is Simpson Springs that he allegedly stopped? TIA

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W...iDX63YxShzHlrHiNmXR79Q&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

KKJIW.jpg

I was down this way about a week ago, when I was headed to Richfield. Traffic on 15 South was horrible, so I went around the west side of Utah lake via Redwood Road. Following that road will take you into a tiny town called Elberta. I turned East to connect back into 15 at Santaquin.

If you turn West on Hwy 6, you'll go through Eureka, Silver City, Jericho and Lynndyl and into Delta.

I have lived in Utah my entire life, and I grew up near many steep canyons. I have experience driving in some pretty awful snow and ice. My car, a newer Honda Civic, also has brand new all weather tires on it. It handles very well.

This was the first time I'd driven the West side of Utah lake, and I found myself nervous because I wasn't used to the twists and turns. Through the northern part of UT county, the road goes through a populated area, and switches from a 4 lane to 2 lane.

Being an experienced Utah driver, I wouldn't chance a road I didn't know in the winter, snow or not. JP could have easily taken (their house is between 5600 W and UT SR 111) by taking SR 111 to Bangerter via Herriman, then the Redwood turnoff, which will lead straight to Hwy 6. This is really the best route for avoiding the police. It is also very dark, so that if the boys were awake, they could not detect landmarks.

I imagine if he used this place to dump her, or kill her there, he would have to know it very well to navigate it at night and in the winter, or use a GPS device. He'd also have to fill up his gas tank somewhere (135 miles one way) considering the gas mileage of a van, especially once you get into rougher terrain. I imagine that is how the police know where to look - there's only so many places to fill up a gas tank on the loop of WVC-DELTA-ELY-WVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member