New Search at North Dumfries Farm -- September 9, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever they've found, I wonder how well it was hidden that it wasn't revealed in the previous search.

Possibly underground bunker covered in hay?

I don't know, "back in the day" when the story was mostly just "rich boys and airplanes" one of my first thoughts was drugs. (Not just partying, actual trafficking.)

But since that time, there hasn't been much said of DM actually being into flying, just cars cars cars. And still not sure why the drug search comes in under the umbrella of the Laura Babcock investigation.

Maybe LE just happened upon the drugs (if any) at the barn? I've suspected DM of drug trafficking based on the trips to Mexico. Laura was also apparently calling him for drugs. JMO

I don't know, "back in the day" when the story was mostly just "rich boys and airplanes" one of my first thoughts was drugs. (Not just partying, actual trafficking.)

But since that time, there hasn't been much said of DM actually being into flying, just cars cars cars. And still not sure why the drug search comes in under the umbrella of the Laura Babcock investigation.

It could be that they are looking for her ashes, and the drug squad are better equipped. If she was murdered by Millard and her remains were incinerated, then what they are looking for might be similar to drugs...powdery and hazardous. That's my guess anyway.

I think they are handy when you are cooking up crack. You only want a bit of water to dissolve your coke, then add drop by drop some ammonia and the crack precipitates out and you suck it off the top of the water with a dropper, then let it dry. Fiddly, dropper vials might help.

Another thought, depending on exactly what they mean by "dropper vials", could be chemical testing reagents for testing drug quality.

Whatever they've found, I wonder how well it was hidden that it wasn't revealed in the previous search.

Which then begs the question..."Was it even there in the previous search"?

and/or maybe they have been monitoring the barn since last search !!

Do we know much about prior searches of the barn itself? All I remember clearly is the day they came out with the ground penetrating equipment and dug a few trenches. Am I right in feeling that most of their prior searches have been external/outdoors in focus?
I wondered about that, too, and went to the media thread to look for the earlier articles. This photo is from one dated May 28, 2013.
image.jpg

By: Jennifer Pagliaro News reporter, Liam Casey GTA, Published on Tue May 28 2013

On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed they executed the warrant in connection to their investigations — the death and missing person’s cases — and not in relation Bosma’s murder.
http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-...arm-in-north-dumfries-1.1300149#ixzz2UbvKuZwY

Another thought, depending on exactly what they mean by "dropper vials", could be chemical testing reagents for testing drug quality.

I think the test for quality when you're a crackhead is, it it dry? Can I smoke it? Then it's quality!

There is also more than one way to make crack so...

I think the test for quality when you're a crackhead is, it it dry? Can I smoke it? Then it's quality!

There is also more than one way to make crack so...

Ha! But seriously, I know they make reagent kits for testing various of the *amine drugs, including meth/MDMA etc, and those reagents come in plastic or glass dropper vials. (Knew a lot of ravers back in the day.) The results can tell you, for example, if a pill being sold as ecstasy actually contains any MDMA, with a very simple test (take a pill scraping; drop some reagent drops on it; what color is the result?).

Possibly underground bunker covered in hay?
Yes, or an area sectioned off with a hidden passage. Just a couple of days ago I read an article about a drug dealer with an elaborate set up of fake walls and hidden entrances inside his home.

6 o clock news in a few moments: I'm going to watch CTV Kitchener.

CP24, CBC etc will also have coverage of course...I expect everyone to watch and report back lol

LE has called it a day:

Greg Mercer ‏@MercerRecord 1m

Looks like police are packing it in at the Dellen Millard farm. Forensic unit just left.

I'll try to watch CTV but it won't be K-W local news.

Tamara Cherry ‏@tamaracherry 1m
Forensics, drug, suit cops just left Dellen Millard's farm. There's still a cruiser guarding the driveway. Latest on @CTVToronto at 6.

There is a garage associated with the barn. It was searched today as well as the "main barn" and another part of the barn. CP24

In some of the pics it looked like they had moved a rusted barrel and a bin...earlier in the day

?

Looks like a burn barrel to me. Maybe they should check the ashes in the burn barrel. Farmers like to burn everything in a burn barrel.
Also in one of the pictures there is a rusted garbage bin. Maybe they should check to see if there are ashes in that.
Maybe that is why he decided to get an incinerator. Burn barrels are too small and smokey to do the kind of burning I think he was doing

I didn't gather much from Nicole Lampa's report...if I heard correctly they took out a yellow bag and dropper vials (which no doubt are NOT aquarium supplies)

I think Tamara Cherry will be doing a second segment on the case on CTV

ETA: TC had nothing to add

Officers from Waterloo Regional Police's drug unit arrived at Millard's Roseville Road farm late in the afternoon and put on full-body suits, respirators and oxygen masks before going into the barn. They tested the air with a hand-held device before entering.

With a bank of TV cameras and reporters watching across the road, they emerged later with what appeared to be boxes of evidence, which were taken to a large, white forensic identification truck belonging to the Toronto Police service.

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/4070887-police-searching-millard-farm-again/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme