New Search at North Dumfries Farm -- September 9, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go back through the thread, you'll see the posts showing that the barn was briefly searched on both of the previous trips to the farm by Toronto LE and Hamilton LE. HTH

I also thought it was reported that LE was no longer at the farm prior to this week. Was LE there monitoring the farm when you visited on the weekend?

JMO

Thank you for that AD. No LE were not present when I stopped there. The gate leading onto the property was closed and I didn't notice if it was locked somehow. I did not notice any no trespassing signs either. I was there very briefly; not leaving my vehicle, only pulled up on the side of the road where the gate is. Some speculated the traffic along that road was low. When I was there, it was fairly well traveled. Matter of fact, I was only there less than maybe three minutes and someone in an SUV pulled up behind me, back about 30', then proceeded to pull out onto the roadway and then pulled off again in front of me. At first glance I thought it may have been an unmarked LE vehicle; very well could have been. Yes I'm sure this property has had it's fair share of gockers. For all we know, maybe there is video surveillance at the farmland or at the neighbours to monitor it. I wanted to see what the land layout was like and what neighbours or passerby's could see. As that seemed to be highly debated on this forum. I was quite surprised to see it in real life as opposed to google streetview (where you can actually see the field and bush). As I mentioned, as you're approaching the farmland heading west, there is an embankment built up which blocked ones view to the field and bush. I was under the impression before I stopped by, someone may have seen something from the roadway, that night, but not so. I've seen one picture in MSM in the past few days where it shows LE vehicles lined up along the road to the right of the barn, along side that embankment, it's a great shot of what I was describing. I cannot seem to find it now though.

In this video at 28 seconds, gives a good idea as you can see the start of the embankment and it continue to incline further on. Also at 1:06 there is a picture of LB on the back of a motorcycle. Is that DM driving? Picture is somewhat blurry and I suspect is in as the reporter is speaking of her relationship with DM. At 2:00 the reporter also states "what is clear however, is that they did find something significant today, something that was overlooked somehow over three months ago". HTH and MOO.

http://www.chch.com/police-searching-millard-farm/

Wouldn't you think LE would contact the farmers that DM purchased the farm off of to find out if the barrels where there when they sold the farm, and perhaps if they knew what was in them before they called in a whole chemical swat team to test them? JMHO

Could they be looking for bodily fluids in those barrels? Just asking cause I don't know?

I suspect they may have.

The former owner was there yesterday. I saw a clip of him stating that no machinery was left at the farm but no mention of chemicals. I think it was on CTV. I will try to find the link to back this up.

Here it is..correction...he states "only a few pieces of equipment were left behind"

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1002451

Nicholson is not the previous owner, he is the real estate agent. Sorry if this has already been addressed. HTH.

Also at 1:06 there is a picture of LB on the back of a motorcycle. Is that DM driving? Picture is somewhat blurry and I suspect is in as the reporter is speaking of her relationship with DM.

It is actually a picture of LB with SL. It's on her FB.

Great to see they are being thorough though. Some suggest this investigation is half butted. :floorlaugh: I would like to see the cost of this investigation come out of DM's pocket if he is found guilty.

Would the previous owner be allowed to leave potential hazardous wastes on his property? Why would DM allow the wastes to be left behind? Did he see potential in them? Could that be why previous owners felt somewhat jipped on the sale of the farmland? Did DM lower the asking price because he said he had to dispose of all those wastes they were leaving in the barn?

In picture four of the five; does anyone know what the two stand alone walls signify? Is that an entrance to a lower level/dugout/basement? They are black in colour to the right of the boarded up doorway, behind the blonde officer. Also in the first picture, it shows a couple of drums. The plastic black one looks newer. The green one oddly does not show any signs of age/rust. Which I would expect and have seen with these drums over time.

Thank you for the compliment Arnie. I enjoy reading your posts also. :tyou::toast:

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...-crime-search-at-millard-farm-near-roseville/

That whole barn is junk and the contents too . Most of those barrels have an inch of dust on them .... been there for years . The two outside ''stand alone" walls (picture 4 your link) is a "loading chute" .... essentially a couple of large pieces of plywood used between a truck and barn to load (unload) animals .

As far as the previous owner leaving hazardous material .... not an issue .... the whole building is a hazard .... ready to fall down .... the fuel in the hazmat truck gas tanks is a hazardous material. The fuel in our car is a hazard. About the only stickiness (real estate wise) is buying old gas stations etc ... need an environmental certificate cleared first .... dont believe all the environmental propaganda ... there are natural bacteria that consume oil spills ... both in the oceans and on land.

The green(blue actually) and black barrels are plastic (no rust) .... often used for food grade containers .... I have seen 45 gallon drums of relish for big restaurants .... vinegar .... engine oil ... antifreeze .... lot's of uses .... steel barrels are becoming old school.

As far as seller getting jipped on the price ... not at all ... he got a small fortune ($835k) for a crappy hilly 110 acres , much of which is swamp and trees .... the pasture grass hardly even grows very well ..... only reason price is high is because of nearness to large cities and guys like DM who can pay the price . Out on the prairies $800k would buy 800 acres of good land.

Summary ..... the barn is junk including most of the contents .... if there is anything of value to LE in there it will be tiny traces of forensic evidence amongst the junk .... and that is why all the focus on the junk. I bet in a couple of days we will see most of those barrels moved to beside the pile of straw LE hauled away the other day.

Tiny bits of microscopic evidence are what they will retain and take back to the office..

As far as the cost of the investigation .... it is a misnomer .... for example all those hazmat guys and firemen were being paid to do nothing anyway , that is the waste , other than fuel and overtime the costs are the same.

Like I said .... most "common guys" could identify which barrels held legit residues and which ones were questionable .... would take about ten minutes. The govt will spend a million .... and then report ... hey ... just some old oil and relish residue in them there barrels :)

More than 100 police officers, including members of a specialized Ontario Provincial Police response team, were working at accused killer Dellen Millard's Waterloo Region farm Friday.

One officer on the site told CBC News that investigators have discovered barrels with labels saying they contained kerosene and airplane fuel.

More at:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...9/13/cambridge-millard-farm-search-day-5.html

IMO to show the strategy they use while investigating; IIRC on Monday or Tuesday there was a picture of a yellow barrel sitting outside the 'main door' of the barn. So it seems obvious they had discovered all of them more likely on Monday. Did they take that barrel away and test it and it came back with something nefarious, leading them to set up this team of chemical experts to come in and test the rest of the barrels? All this takes planning and strategy. It seems apparent some of the barrels were brought there by DM is the contain jet fuel. What's with storing them on the farmland as opposed to at the hangar? Very strange IMHO.

Because they are being so thorough, at this point and time, I'm not brushing off the potential these barrels may have been used for nefarious reasons. Many of these barrels seem too new (plastic). Why would anyone hold onto empty barrels? A lot of things don't make sense. Maybe we have serial killer(s) on our hands. I guess time will tell. Wonder how many TO prostitutes have gone missing in the last couple of years? Did the chemicals in the barrels react slowly with ridding of evidence, therefore an incinerator was the better choice? Just a thought and MOO.

Empty barrels will be brought out of the barn, and samples will be taken from full barrels. One officer at the farm told CBC News that some of the barrels had labels saying they contained kerosene and airplane fuel.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...9/13/cambridge-millard-farm-search-day-5.html

I think it was for the incinerator. I seem to remember something about the purchase of the incinerator and the seller was questioned about the type of fuel that could be used with it. I'll look for a link.

:gasp: Maybe DM and MS were using the chemicals from the barrels to put into the incinerator, which may go to reason as to why TB was not fully burned to ashes?! Did forensics come back with results from TB's autopsy or incinerator tests to show a chemical was used, not propane and now LE have found DM's stash of flammable fuel source? That's why samples/test are being done on each drum; to find out the exact chemical used. Also seems logical as to why they have returned four months later; all these tests take time in MOO.

Some of the drums OPP have carried out Dellen Millard farm. Looked light, officers carried with ease. pic.twitter.com/GVIzHP1Epg

Bessie it's been stated they have removed empty barrels but are testing full ones inside the barn. Sorry if this has been clarified already, I'm behind in reading. HTH.

Empty barrels will be brought out of the barn, and samples will be taken from full barrels.

I missed this tweet earlier.

OPP now removing heavier 45 gallon drums with a dolly. They have removed 3 so far and appear to be going back for more. #kw

And why are some of the barrels so light, possibly empty?
I don't think they were full of fuel used to run the Eliminator. I don't know how much that incinerator has been used, but it doesn't look like it's been used a lot. Too clean.

Just musing aloud. The barrels are puzzling.

LOL, Swanna, I see we're both thinking aloud.

I suspect the incinerator was usually kept under a tarp. In some pictures it shows a blue tarp over it. The picture the neighbour took shows without a tarp, which leads me to believe DM and MS left it that way because it was too hot to cover with a tarp that night. If you look at pictures when LE are there investigating, you will see they used a dark coloured tarp. :moo:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=dell...Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D209826;800;490

Extended aerial video of barrels being removed:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1002986&playlistId=1.1453471&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1

One interesting thing I noticed: In the first half of the clip, you can see a large group of handheld gas/fuel containers (like a large one you would buy at the hardware store, red or yellow plastic, with a built-in handle) on the ground to one side.

Possibly used the smaller one to fill from the drums, easier to transport to the incinerator? :moo:

AE, IMO, there have been many reports of DM flying his helicopter, so IMO, he did have a valid "rotary wing" pilots license, however, that doesn't mean that he was current nor does it mean that he had a valid "fixed wing" license-that would be needed to fly planes. IMO, wikipedia sums it up as good as Transport Canada. :floorlaugh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_licensing_in_Canada#Private_pilot_licence.E2.80.94helicopter

Well let's just say at this point, I am feeling very suspicious DM has broke the law, so it wouldn't surprise me if he flew without a pilot's license. That would be a mild infraction compared to what he is sitting in jail for right now. :floorlaugh: :moo:

That whole barn is junk and the contents too . Most of those barrels have an inch of dust on them .... been there for years . The two outside ''stand alone" walls (picture 4 your link) is a "loading chute" .... essentially a couple of large pieces of plywood used between a truck and barn to load (unload) animals .

As far as the previous owner leaving hazardous material .... not an issue .... the whole building is a hazard .... ready to fall down .... the fuel in the hazmat truck gas tanks is a hazardous material. The fuel in our car is a hazard. About the only stickiness (real estate wise) is buying old gas stations etc ... need an environmental certificate cleared first .... dont believe all the environmental propaganda ... there are natural bacteria that consume oil spills ... both in the oceans and on land.

The green(blue actually) and black barrels are plastic (no rust) .... often used for food grade containers .... I have seen 45 gallon drums of relish for big restaurants .... vinegar .... engine oil ... antifreeze .... lot's of uses .... steel barrels are becoming old school.

As far as seller getting jipped on the price ... not at all ... he got a small fortune ($835k) for a crappy hilly 110 acres , much of which is swamp and trees .... the pasture grass hardly even grows very well ..... only reason price is high is because of nearness to large cities and guys like DM who can pay the price . Out on the prairies $800k would buy 800 acres of good land.

Summary ..... the barn is junk including most of the contents .... if there is anything of value to LE in there it will be tiny traces of forensic evidence amongst the junk .... and that is why all the focus on the junk. I bet in a couple of days we will see most of those barrels moved to beside the pile of straw LE hauled away the other day.

Tiny bits of microscopic evidence are what they will retain and take back to the office..

As far as the cost of the investigation .... it is a misnomer .... for example all those hazmat guys and firemen were being paid to do nothing anyway , that is the waste , other than fuel and overtime the costs are the same.

Like I said .... most "common guys" could identify which barrels held legit residues and which ones were questionable .... would take about ten minutes. The govt will spend a million .... and then report ... hey ... just some old oil and relish residue in them there barrels :)

Arnie I was referring to what the previous owners claimed in this report. Thanks for sharing your knowledge about farmland value. Not that I'm going to be purchasing any anytime soon; just interesting to know and to know the Snider's weren't jipped. :floorlaugh:

In May, 2011, Mr. Millard bought the Ayr farm for $835,000.

“He drove a hard bargain,” said Vera Snider, who had owned the farm for 45 years with her husband, John. “Afterwards we felt a little cheated.”

The Sniders raised hogs on the hilly farm that has a swampy section and a forested area. Police said farm animals were not present at the time of the search.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/

Well let's just say at this point, I am feeling very suspicious DM has broke the law, so it wouldn't surprise me if he flew without a pilot's license. That would be a mild infraction compared to what he is sitting in jail for right now. :floorlaugh: :moo:

For all practical purposes a pilot has his license for life

Passing the medical is the legal requirement , and most stringently enforced for passenger carrying airlines.

Wing Commander Ken Wallis (Britain) ... just passed away at 97 and he was still flying. Not only that , he built his own gyroplanes himself . He flew in the James Bond 007 movies. One of the most respected and loved guys in aviation.

A picture of Cmdr Wallis and his machines for those who are interested . It is a 360* panorama so click your mouse on the picture and turn it wherever you wish. Happy flying.
http://www.8263.co.uk/sites/aviation/ken_wallis/images/pano/pano_01/aero360_ken_wallis_pano_01.html

I cannot say nothing about what has been posted....IMO in such a HIGH PROFILE CASE in Ont...Tim Bosma murdered and covered thru every social media >>>>,,,,,Imo Can you imagine the POLICE did not have this whole place covered by surveillance camras.....HONESTLY every High school , Home depot Mall is been covered by camara...JMHO ....that farm is and has been watched...I am sure of it>>>JMHO!.....I am sure PLL registered here in this area could reassure us too....robynhood!

I said 'anyone' I was not referring to YOU. I was referring to 'anyone' just as I had posted. I most certainly do think that leaving the farm open to anyone and not securing a crime scene/potential crime scene is unacceptable...thats my opinion.... I am sorry if it was taken totally out of context....

As there been any new info on the search? Anything new found, reported or seen being moved out of the barn or property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This thread is closed until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme