New Search at North Dumfries Farm -- September 9, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it's well known that DM does have a pilot's license.

Any link to how it is known? It was under debate early in the case. I understand that he is known to have flown when he was younger, I mean a current, valid license.

(I'd definitely like to know, because if he is still known to have been flying regularly, it'd change my viewpoint on some things like drug trafficking.)

Any link to how it is known? It was under debate early in the case. I understand that he is known to have flown when he was younger, I mean a current, valid license.

(I'd definitely like to know, because if he is still known to have been flying regularly, it'd change my viewpoint on some things like drug trafficking.)
AE, IMO, there have been many reports of DM flying his helicopter, so IMO, he did have a valid "rotary wing" pilots license, however, that doesn't mean that he was current nor does it mean that he had a valid "fixed wing" license-that would be needed to fly planes. IMO, wikipedia sums it up as good as Transport Canada. :floorlaugh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_licensing_in_Canada#Private_pilot_licence.E2.80.94helicopter

Okay, now I am totally a city chick, and even I know airplane fuel is not commonly found on farms. ;) So why the heck was it stored in the barn? Or, are these discarded, empty barrels?

Hi Bessie ... for all practical purposes those barrels are discarded empty containers (think empty water bottles , coke cans , bean cans)

But some of us men (rich and poor alike) see them as treasures .... every mechanic wants a couple , (storing waste oil) every farmer wants and needs a couple ..... many wooden floating docks have them underneath (as floats) .... the list goes on and on .... in summary ... that is why people sometimes hoard them or hang on to them .... and it would make perfect sense for DM or WM to "legitimately store" old empty barrels at an old farm .

Often it is a "man thing" that makes no practical or economic sense.... whoever moved the barrels there probably spent $100 on gas to transport $10 worth of scrap containers

Some "city gals" use the plastic ones to capture rainwater from eavestroughs to water their flower patch .... they can pay $30-$60 for the barrel $50 to transport it home $30 for patio stones to set it on ..... all in order to save $7 on the water bill :)

Below is a pic of the rear of the old MA Pearson hangar ... notice the barrels ... every airport hangar has them

On the other hand , aviation fuel barrels in the far north and off-airport settings are absolutely crucial to operations and even the empties have great value and are never thrown out.

Nefariously , the plastic ones are the usually best for destroying evidence in an acid bath , the metal ones work too , but the acid also wants to eat the metal barrel as well .

best wishes

Attachments

• rear MILLARDAIR old hangar Pearson intnl.  transat.jpg
    rear MILLARDAIR old hangar Pearson intnl. transat.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 26
Glycol is also used medicinally for some animals-not sure if pigs are one of them. Herbicides like Roundup are very concentrated. 2.5 gallons will do up to 10 acres, so 25 gallons of Roundup would do the whole farm and only used twice a year, IMHO. Certainly not multiple barrels needed.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Roundup-...-PRO-Herbicide-8889110/100095117#.UjNEIryE4jk
As far as glycol for swine, apparently its extremely toxic, so forget about it being used medicinally for the previous pig operation. http://www.thepigsite.com/pighealth/article/472/ethylene-glycol

Quick recap of DM purchasing the farm.

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/674559/dellen-millards-hangar-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

"Nicholson recalls that events moved quickly in the spring of 2011. A few months earlier, Dellen Millard had called Nicholson from 2548 Roseville Rd., dialing the number on the For Sale sign and introducing himself.

Millard explained his interest in the farm, a 46-hectare property with an old barn, but no residence. Nicholson met him to walk the property. Millard eventually explained that he planned to build a house there for himself and his fiancée. “He was discussing, ‘where do you think is a good spot?’ ”

They met several times at the farm, joined sometimes by Dellen’s father Wayne Millard, president of family business Millardair. The father has since passed away.

Nicholson learned that the family was relocating its aviation business from Toronto to the regional airport.

“I often met them at the airport, because they were negotiating at the same time with the management (at the airport) to get a piece of land to build a hangar on,” he recalls.

The Millards would meet with Nicholson at the airport café and afterward meet with others, including airport manager Chris Wood, to discuss hangar plans.

In May 2011, Dellen Millard bought the farm without conditions, a cash sale. It was listed for $899,000 and he purchased it for $835,000 from an older man who had raised livestock in the barn.

A month later in June 2011, Millardair finalized a site plan agreement with municipal governments and applied for a building permit for a 51,516-square-foot hangar at the northwest corner of the airport, valued at $6.4 million. The building permit was approved in July 2011"

LE had to know these barrels existed before yesterday didn't they? I mean, 50 barrels that takes up a lot of space! Would they not have noticed all those barrels the first time they were on the farm searching and wondered about them???

Agricultural chemicals: first they let you dump a whole barrelful on your fields, and then the government makes you treat the empty container like it's nuclear waste. All sorts of rules and regs and you have to dispose of these containers at a special depot that may be (ha ha is probably) not conveniently located.

That's where the collection probably started, and Millard Air might have found it cheaper to store more barrels there as well.

Interesting that they hauled away a 'heavy' one.

Funny isn't it.....It's the same insanity that the Toronto Elite and tree huggers display about banning chemicals from "Parks" so their kids wont "roll" in it, yet they feed the same kids veggies laced with the stuff, and the rest of us in Bantario deal with dandelion infestation.

Yep. perfect sense to me.........:floorlaugh:

LE had to know these barrels existed before yesterday didn't they? I mean, 50 barrels that takes up a lot of space! Would they not have noticed all those barrels the first time they were on the farm searching and wondered about them???

Maybe they did, and it's part of why this search took so long to coordinate.

It seems like they had to excavate their way through the hay and whatever to the barrels, then get the experts in to remove the barrels, and then who knows what comes next.

JMO, but maybe LE first wanted to deal with the potential evidence in the barn before calling in the hazmat team, having them traipsing back and forth through the possible evidence in the barn. JMO

Maybe they did, and it's part of why this search took so long to coordinate.

It seems like they had to excavate their way through the hay and whatever to the barrels, then get the experts in to remove the barrels, and then who knows what comes next.

So possibly the barrels were hidden under the hay?

Seems strange and dangerous to hide barrels of hazardous chemicals under dry hay, but nothing is more strange than this whole case.

Seems strange and dangerous to hide barrels of hazardous chemicals under dry hay, but nothing is more strange than this whole case.

It seems it is leftover hay from the previous owners, since it was reported to be full of hog excrement. Wouldn't someone have noticed that if they were attempting to hide barrels under it?

In getting closer look at straw removed from Millard barn, it's cluttered with manure. Building was once hog farm.

https://twitter.com/MikeCBC/status/378506411590033408

Agricultural chemicals: first they let you dump a whole barrelful on your fields, and then the government makes you treat the empty container like it's nuclear waste. All sorts of rules and regs and you have to dispose of these containers at a special depot that may be (ha ha is probably) not conveniently located.

That's where the collection probably started, and Millard Air might have found it cheaper to store more barrels there as well.

Interesting that they hauled away a 'heavy' one.

You nailed it Snoop

I have transported lots of farm chemicals (so I have that category of hazmat handling license) and have actually witness what you just described.

A local farmer a lost a jug of roundup from his pickup truck , if fell beside a highway , all the fire dept hazmat teams were dispatched to the scene and all the city reporters typically went into crisis mode and got the whole country astir ... news helicopters and the whole works .... it got all the environmentalists into a hissy fit while they munched on beansprouts and tofu while watching the evening news.

In the meantime , on either side of the highway the fields were being sprayed with exactly the same Roundup at the rate of one liter per acre mixed with 10 gallons of water per acre. (one acre is about 200 feet by 200 feet)

80 liters were sprayed in just one small adjacent field .... only about 1/2 liter was accidentally spilled on the highway incident .... furthermore chemical Roundup is pretty tame stuff and it becomes inactive the moment it touches dirt (ground)

AM

I was basing it entirely on the order in which they proceeded, and they seemed to remove a large volume of hay. So it seemed possible to me that the hay was blocking effective removal of the barrels.

BUT someone's other theory that they wanted the more delicate forensics done before the industrial team came in makes equal sense.

A couple years ago, #Millard flew now #missing Laura Babcock from #London to #Toronto to see her boyfriend, bf says.
@tamaracherryMay 17, 2013 22:55:39 GMT

http://inagist.com/all/335529073038213121/

I'm sure I saw something yesterday as well where LB's uncle said that DM had flown her back and forth between Toronto and Waterloo. I can't find it today so perhaps it was in one of the videos.

SB's brother-in-law said:

"I was a pilot. I know what that's like. This guy is addicted to adrenaline," Bosma's brother-in-law Chris Noordam said Saturday night, as family gathered once again at the family's Trinity Road home.

http://news.ca.msn.com/ontario/hamilton/bosma-suspect-profile-dellen-millard

The neighbours with the private airstrip across the street:

Millard is a pilot and made waves as a teen for record-setting aviation accomplishments.

“It was awfully close to our place and being (that) he flies — it’s scary,” Bonnie told The Record.

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3243140-kitchener-couple-owns-private-airstrip-across-the-street-from-bosma-in/

Plus there is video of him flying the helicopter in recent years.

Whether he still has a licence for airplanes or just the helicopter, there doesn't seem to be much question that he still flies. I have no idea why people have assumed he doesn't anymore.

JMO

Can you imagine the cost of all this? Hazmat, fire/ambulance paramedics standing by, countless LE swarming the place...LE is putting big bucks into this, nevermind the pig manure and sweltering humid late summer heat, oh my.

Can you imagine the impact on a jury if LE puts all this time effort and money in, and comes up empty?

There is always this tension in this case. How much is DM "getting away with", particularly with respect to LB and WM...vs. how much is DM being framed for (LB's disappearance and WM's suicide) DM has been involved in things that smell bad, and it is hard to tell if the smell is coming from DM or somewhere else.

If the farm comes up clean, despite all the cruddy things that have been hauled out of there, it is going to be an impressive fact for the defence.

The ambulance is probably a precautionary measure. I hope.

What on earth went on at that farm?!?!?

Chances of finding a jury who has not heard of this investigation now will be next to none..

:jail:

hazmat_team.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

A police hazardous materials team is trying to figure out what’s inside 54 barrels found in the barn on a Roseville-area farm owned by an accused murderer.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._materials_team_inspects_mystery_barrels.html

Trying to catch up on today's latest news. I guess they are going to test the barrels right there and leave them possibly. Maybe now we see how frugal WM was. Is this why he also showed interest in the farmland? Was it's purpose really to become a dumping ground for Millardair?

CP24 is saying 54 barrels found. Sizes range from 45 gallons and as small as 5 gallons.

There are no plans to remove the metal and plastic containers, he said. Nor is there any public danger or plans for evacuating people from surrounding properties.

The mystery containers range in size between 20 and 170 litres. Some are labeled. Some drums are full, others not quite full, Parsons said.

"We are doing presumptive testing," he said.

The team has its own laboratory in a van at the farm.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...-crime-search-at-millard-farm-near-roseville/

There were pictures yesterday of officers fishing or whatever they were doing in the well or holding tank in front of the barn. Perhaps the contents of the barrels were used to fill up this well/holding tank to use as a catch basin to destroy evidence. Maybe this evidence destruction was taking too long and this is why the incinerator was purchased. I keep wondering what could be down that big hole. Which is why I was wondering what kind of things an airplane owner would have that could destroy evidence. I just don't think you can buy barrels of hydrochloric or sulphuric acid without raising suspicions.

I think if I was a neighbour I would have my water tested judging by the number of barrels coming out of the barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme