New Search at North Dumfries Farm -- September 9, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the upper limit you would like to see spent if one of your loved ones was murdered?

I would want money well spent not squandered...and I would expect a search to mean a search...not some half arsed scan, only to go back 4 months later and investigate 54 barrels of jet fuel kwim after the fact and after said crime scene has been left open and accessible to all and sundry. I think people will be able to follow these dots... JMO

There is always this tension in this case. How much is DM "getting away with", particularly with respect to LB and WM...vs. how much is DM being framed for (LB's disappearance and WM's suicide) DM has been involved in things that smell bad, and it is hard to tell if the smell is coming from DM or somewhere else.

Are you suggesting that LE is acting to frame DM for LB's disappearance and WM's suicide? They've gone from doing too little in investigating these cases to doing too much? I expect that LE had to demonstrate strong reasons to get the warrant for this search.

Maybe that special force of OPP's are there to drain the holding tank in front of the barn so they can go down in there. Then again, I think I watch too many episodes of 'Bones'

Chances of finding a jury who has not heard of this investigation now will be next to none..

:jail:

You're probably right, BUT evidence doesn't lie so that's a huge factor. Here's hoping after all is said and done, the judge orders that barn dismantled and cleaned up using money from DM's account. If there is any money. That is what happened in A Castor's case; the house where he held his victims all those years was demolished.

No wonder the neighbours were curious about happening on that property. :eek: Bad enough that old barn could go up like a matchstick house. Imagine with all those chemicals in there? Maybe that was DM's plan eventually... Strange they are not going to take the drums away if they contain flammable chemicals.
:moo:

Chances of finding a jury who has not heard of this investigation now will be next to none..

:jail:

WS doesn't reflect the real world of interest or knowledge of this case.

When AB contacted WW, who was speculated here to possibly be the half brother of DM, and lives not far away in Woodstock, he apparently knew nothing about what had happened.

"When I finally reached WW in early June, he said he was not aware of the Bosma murder and had not been contacted by police."

Are you suggesting that LE is acting to frame DM for LB's disappearance and WM's suicide? They've gone from doing too little in investigating these cases to doing too much? I expect that LE had to demonstrate strong reasons to get the warrant for this search.

No, I am thinking what the whole thing looks like as an outside observer...if you were one of those people who only followed the case by headlines, e.g., "massive search turns up nothing at millard farm" it would be easier to believe that he had been framed, etc., etc. Witch hunt.

Trying to catch up on today's latest news. I guess they are going to test the barrels right there and leave them possibly. Maybe now we see how frugal WM was. Is this why he also showed interest in the farmland? Was it's purpose really to become a dumping ground for Millardair?

CP24 is saying 54 barrels found. Sizes range from 45 gallons and as small as 5 gallons.

There are no plans to remove the metal and plastic containers, he said. Nor is there any public danger or plans for evacuating people from surrounding properties.

The mystery containers range in size between 20 and 170 litres. Some are labeled. Some drums are full, others not quite full, Parsons said.

"We are doing presumptive testing," he said.

The team has its own laboratory in a van at the farm.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...-crime-search-at-millard-farm-near-roseville/

Most likely we are making a monster out of a few old barrels ..... in my recent posts i gave some scenarios why barrel like that are common .... many of them could even have been left there by the previous farm owner .... he was a career trucker and those guys buy engine oil by the barrel , antifreeze too , just one truck in one year could consume many barrels of product .... and like i said earlier .... the old antifreeze and old oil is usually put back into old barrels (thus some full ones there too)

There could very well be a couple of DM nefarious barrels in the mix , but the majority of them are just barn junk or hangar junk

We are making a monster of a couple of firetrucks and old barrels .... they are likely insignificant , but it looks like a "big deal" to the city news watcher ..... somebody has to "check them out" thus all the hazmat crews are brought in ... they sit around doing nothing half the time anyway .... this gets them all out of the office ..... in ten minutes I could tell you which of the 50 barrels contained legitimate substances and which ones were questionable.

Good to have ya' back swedie .... your posts are some of my favorites

“@TPSHomicide: Attn media outlets: OPP is acting on direction of TPS re: chemical drums removed from #DellenMillard barn for safety assessment reasons only”

Most likely we are making a monster out of a few old barrels ..... in my recent posts i gave some scenarios why barrel like that are common .... many of them could even have been left there by the previous farm owner .... he was a career trucker and those guys buy engine oil by the barrel , antifreeze too , just one truck in one year could consume many barrels of product .... and like i said earlier .... the old antifreeze and old oil is usually put back into old barrels (thus some full ones there too)

There could very well be a couple of DM nefarious barrels in the mix , but the majority of them are just barn junk or hangar junk

RSBM

Wouldn't LE have spoken with the previous owner before this whole search, to see if the barrels were left by them? . :moo:

We are making a monster of a couple of firetrucks and old barrels .... they are likely insignificant , but it looks like a "big deal" to the city news watcher ..... somebody has to "check them out" thus all the hazmat crews are brought in ... they sit around doing nothing half the time anyway .... this gets them all out of the office ..... in ten minutes I could tell you which of the 50 barrels contained legitimate substances and which ones were questionable.

Good to have ya' back swedie .... your posts are some of my favorites

Great to see they are being thorough though. Some suggest this investigation is half butted. :floorlaugh: I would like to see the cost of this investigation come out of DM's pocket if he is found guilty.

Would the previous owner be allowed to leave potential hazardous wastes on his property? Why would DM allow the wastes to be left behind? Did he see potential in them? Could that be why previous owners felt somewhat jipped on the sale of the farmland? Did DM lower the asking price because he said he had to dispose of all those wastes they were leaving in the barn?

In picture four of the five; does anyone know what the two stand alone walls signify? Is that an entrance to a lower level/dugout/basement? They are black in colour to the right of the boarded up doorway, behind the blonde officer. Also in the first picture, it shows a couple of drums. The plastic black one looks newer. The green one oddly does not show any signs of age/rust. Which I would expect and have seen with these drums over time.

Thank you for the compliment Arnie. I enjoy reading your posts also. :tyou::toast:

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...-crime-search-at-millard-farm-near-roseville/

Wouldn't LE have spoken with the previous owner before this whole search, to see if the barrels were left by them? . :moo:

I would assume they have. And if they were left behind by previous owners, one never knows what DM could have deposited into them kwim. LE are being tight lipped but we may find this out at some point. :moo:

Great to see they are being thorough though. Some suggest this investigation is half butted. :floorlaugh: I would like to see the cost of this investigation come out of DM's pocket if he is found guilty.

Would the previous owner be allowed to leave potential hazardous wastes on his property? Why would DM allow the wastes to be left behind? Did he see potential in them? Could that be why previous owners felt somewhat jipped on the sale of the farmland? Did DM lower the asking price because he said he had to dispose of all those wastes they were leaving in the barn?

In picture four of the five; does anyone know what the two stand alone walls signify? Is that an entrance to a lower level/dugout/basement? They are black in colour to the right of the boarded up doorway, behind the blonde officer. Also in the first picture, it shows a couple of drums. The plastic black one looks newer. The green one oddly does not show any signs of age/rust. Which I would expect and have seen with these drums over time.

Thank you for the compliment Arnie. I enjoy reading your posts also. :tyou::toast:

This link will help you out, I think. Today a video of the barn from the air. Click on the extended one the aerial view.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/barrels...as-chemical-response-team-called-in-1.1453489

Presumptuous much? This has been an ongoing investigation and I highly doubt LE are doing it half arsed as suggested numerous times. I would say with the latest developments prove otherwise; IMO it seems LE are being very thorough. Obviously LE have to start somewhere and follow those leads. One thing leads to the next. Whose to say they never intended on returning to the barn or the property to do further investigation? Four months ago they were focusing on TB's murder. They found his body and his truck. They then went further to dig up areas searching for LB. When nothing was found, they returned back to the drawing board which has now (based on new found evidence/information) has led them to the barn. I don't think we know if the barn had been search four months ago. Possible their warrant did not include the barn four months ago. If it did, we were not privy to what was found in the barn at that time because the focus was on the bush area where the incinerator was found along with TB's remains.

I certainly believe LE have a mountain of evidence gathered and as they sift through it, new information comes into play which leads them in certain directions. Now information has lead them back to the barn. Being as the owner of said farmland and barn is in jail, LE were confident no one would be entering his property to destroy any potential evidence. If he had spoke to someone during a jail visit about going to the property to destroy or remove evidence, his visits are monitored. Also, whose to say that the farmland property is not under surveillance. HTH and all :moo:

If you go back through the thread, you'll see the posts showing that the barn was briefly searched on both of the previous trips to the farm by Toronto LE and Hamilton LE. HTH

I also thought it was reported that LE was no longer at the farm prior to this week. Was LE there monitoring the farm when you visited on the weekend?

JMO

I have posted earlier that it was clear that the POLICE were there due to" NEW INFO" as you all have READ....and it is obvious that the BARN is where it has leaded them ..also stated they are AT DM barn UNTIL they have FINISHED their work...( seems like a definite PURPOSE)...OPP are now in charge soooooooooooo I highly doubt it is a waste of time....IMO....I BELive strongly it is Targeted ....purposeful ....so I tend to DISAGREE with you ..Blomquist....as we can have different viewpoints...respectfully written...robynhood.

LE had to know these barrels existed before yesterday didn't they? I mean, 50 barrels that takes up a lot of space! Would they not have noticed all those barrels the first time they were on the farm searching and wondered about them???

Nettie nice to see you back on TB's forum :seeya: IMO they probably did search the barn also back in May but because they strategically work on these cases, until now, based on further investigating and test results which may have just came back, they didn't want to go blindly into the barn and just start gathering stuff which may not have had any significance at that point in their investigation. I am not surprised they are back, and I will not be surprised to find them returning again at some point down the road; maybe doing further digging on the farmland. :moo:

AE, IMO, tens of barrels of chemicals in a barn would be a bit excessive. After all, it is only a 100 acre farm and herbicides/pesticides are all extremely regulated these days, along with being extremely concentrated. Gas? Millardaire did not sell Jet fuel, so chances are it's avgas. But, once again, I don't think it would be all that popular for someone to pull up to an avgas supplier with barrels to fill up. A few problems using gas out of those for your airplane/helicopter-condensation resulting in water in the gas and dirt contamination. JMHO It's all very strange! However, if the barrels are in fact empty, maybe DM was storing old gas containers at the barn to save himself from having to dispose of them properly? MOO
Hi Sherlock

Avgas is getting harder to find nowadays , but it has a long shelf life (stays fresh) (unlike the crap ethanol car gas we buy today)

DM has (had) a 1958 Bell 47G2 with the 435 cubic inch Lycoming engine which normally requires avgas (100ll). Flight duration is only a couple of hours so it is common to have fuel stashes wherever convenient . Northern pilots get all their fuel from drums and barrels , this is common in aviation. Much easier to fuel up "out in the country" than have to go back to a busy airspace for a tank (Pearson) (Waterloo)

For someone like DM to call his fuel supplier to fill 5 drums of avgas delivered to Roseville Road would be as routine as you and I ordering a pizza for supper. Even to order 100 barrels of helicopter fuel to the remote frozen tundra in the arctic is everyday stuff in aviation , no big deal

For those who are interested , DM's red and white Bell 47 is featured on Wikipedia
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Bell47G.jpg

For those who are interested in the Bell 47 in general
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_47"]Bell 47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

For those who are interested in seeing DM in his heli see picture below ... notice the wrist tattoo ..... hand (thumb) is adjusting the fuel mixture & carb heat levers

Attachments

• tattoo dm carb heat fuel mixture.JPG
    tattoo dm carb heat fuel mixture.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 46
I have posted earlier that it was clear that the POLICE were there due to" NEW INFO" as you all have READ....and it is obvious that the BARN is where it has leaded them ..also stated they are AT DM barn UNTIL they have FINISHED their work...( seems like a definite PURPOSE)...OPP are now in charge soooooooooooo I highly doubt it is a waste of time....IMO....I BELive strongly it is Targeted ....purposeful ....so I tend to DISAGREE with you ..Blomquist....as we can have different viewpoints...respectfully written...robynhood.

There's been nothing to indicate the OPP are in charge. As far as we know, they were only brought in for their hazmat resources that they make available to other police forces.

Also, since a search warrant is constitutionally not a "fishing expedition license," they may not have had juris permission, authority or probable cause to look until now. Remember, LE doesn't require a crime to be committed "there" to obtain a search warrant, they just need probable cause that what evidence they seek is "there."

Nettie nice to see you back on TB's forum :seeya: IMO they probably did search the barn also back in May but because they strategically work on these cases, until now, based on further investigating and test results which may have just came back, they didn't want to go blindly into the barn and just start gathering stuff which may not have had any significance at that point in their investigation. I am not surprised they are back, and I will not be surprised to find them returning again at some point down the road; maybe doing further digging on the farmland. :moo:

And if the previous owner replied ..... "ya , I had a bunch of old barrels there " ... do you think LE would just walk away and not check it themselves ?

Extended aerial video of barrels being removed:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1002986&playlistId=1.1453471&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1

One interesting thing I noticed: In the first half of the clip, you can see a large group of handheld gas/fuel containers (like a large one you would buy at the hardware store, red or yellow plastic, with a built-in handle) on the ground to one side.

Thats it!! Hes running an operation storing gas cans for all the Jodi Arias' of the world! So THATS where the gas cans went! Very smart business man he is! Lol.. :floorlaugh: any ninja outfits yet?
(had to add some humor for those of us getting our minds blown the past cpl days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro