New Search at North Dumfries Farm -- September 9, 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the publication ban mean they won't share any info even if they do find anything, or would this (drugs/LB/etc) be considered separate from Tim's murder trial?

Does the publication ban mean they won't share any info even if they do find anything, or would this (drugs/LB/etc) be considered separate from Tim's murder trial?

This probably belongs under general discussion, but I'm not convinced that the PB covers everything. There are lots of MSM reports that certainly give that impression, but there also seems to be just as many that suggest the PB is only on the list of names that DM and MS aren't allowed to contact.

Here's just a few examples

Crown is seeking order for non-publication of list of witnesses because "this is an ongoing investigation."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...formally_charged_with_firstdegree_murder.html

Several publication bans were also put in place to protect witnesses.

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2013/05/15/tim-bosma-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-in-hamilton-court

The judge put those names under a publication ban at the request of the crown because the case is still ongoing.

The court has placed a publication ban on any witnesses that may appear before court and has ordered that Millard not communicate with any of the witnesses.

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story/3356309-murder-charge-official-in-tim-bosma-case/

(Needless to say I am one of those mystified U.S. readers who doesn't know much about publication bans other than faint memories of the Homolka case and resulting scandal.)

I can't answer the question, but I noted this earlier and found it interesting that TB's case was not mentioned.
Toronto Police officials wouldn’t say what they were looking for or what new information led them back to the Waterloo-area farm. Police spokesperson Constable Victor Kwong said it involves the case in “its entirety” and could be related to the death of Wayne Millard, the disappearance of Laura Babcock or further information about Millard himself.
http://globalnews.ca/news/828217/tim-bosma-toronto-police-once-again-searching-dellen-millards-farm/

Also:
According to Deb McGreal-Dinning, spokesperson for Hamilton Police Service — which is handling the Bosma murder investigation — were aware of but not involved in the search on Monday.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4070753-toronto-police-back-at-farm-where-bosma-s-remains-found/

I believe it is separate and not under the PB. I think it was either the reporter Ann Brockenhurst or a poster here addressed that issue.

Snippets from the video I thought were interesting to note. Definitely new information came in from a source and LE are being very tight lipped and rightfully so under the PB. It's stated the 'farm' was searched in May, which leads me to beleive the whole farm, not just property. Maybe they were looking for weapons hidden in the barn? Remains? Good to hear the investigations are ongoing. This tells me LE haven't hit a dead end and people out there are still coming forward with tips. MOO

Tonight's search were told, is raising fears another victim may have been found.

Police suspected Millard may be contacted to two other investigations including the disappearance of LB. The last time police searched this Ayr, ON, farm was in May following the disappearance of Bosma.

Police are not saying whether this search is linked to a particular investigation only saying it could be related to the Bosma murder.

http://globalnews.ca/news/828217/tim-bosma-toronto-police-once-again-searching-dellen-millards-farm/

Being as they are still working on LB and WM's case, and they have not revealed anything to the public, I would be guessing they will not share what they have found out in these cases. I'm sure they all tie in with the Bosma case; same potential suspect. They are all under the same investigation. As far as WM's case, I highly doubt we will find anything out until the trial. Again it is JMO that this is more than likely a blanket PB covering all three people/cases. We already know WM is deceased so there is nothing further the public needs to know at this time. As for LB's case, at this time she is still presumed missing. IF and when LB is found LE may make a public statement so people will be aware of her status. They may even announce who is being charged if she's found deceased. Other then that I believe we won't hear details until DM's trial for TB. MOO.

And so we meet again folks. I read they were searching again. I hope they find more evidence to hang these sickos. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything we as the public will be privy to.

I'm still thinking drugs, certainly cadaver dogs would've been brought in by now if they suspected LB was there?? I'd hope so at least. Although why drug dogs haven't been brought in is beyond me. These dogs are awesome and can help in big ways.

TPS has the "lead" in only two cases wrt the associated DM murder case, namely WM and LB.

Both cases are still "active," and mutual friends are likely starting to become less so.

It's likely one suspect will end up with the shorter end of the judicial stick.

ETA.......I see someone has posted related info before me..........

Dan Lauckner CTV ‏@vidman 5m

Investigators are back at the #Millard farm, and so are we. Tweets throughout the day. @CTVKitchener pic.twitter.com/rZalnILUeY

Pic from tweet above:

BTzy6rsCAAAOU0R.jpg:large

With previous mention in MSM of equipment seen, and with this much time having past, maybe they are looking for occult blood and any other specific evidence from tips.

Dan Lauckner CTV ‏@vidman 4m

Police are removing straw from the main barn at the #millard farm and collecting it on a blue tarp pic.twitter.com/zRXdQoPm2b

BTz6_TdCIAA6atj.jpg:large

As they searched through the rural property Monday, forensic investigators wore white coveralls and dust masks, and seemed to focus their search inside the property's weathered wooden barn — alternating between the building's older stone basement and a newer garage addition with a cinder-block foundation.

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/4070887-police-searching-millard-farm-again/

The newer addition.....exactly how new is new? A year, 2 years 10 years? Just newer then the previous structure or new as in recent I wonder........

Even animal waste can be toxic. But i dont think we have heard the end about the property. I still believe there has to be a connection to the runway across the street.. Jmo.

Ok I obviously missed something lol which is possible since I haven't been on here in awhile. Who is this runaway? Possibly someone who saw something that they shouldn't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485