New Search at North Dumfries Farm -- September 9, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE definitely wanting to hide something with that paper bag covering the bottom of the board, however, it is not a sealed paper bag around the end of the board.

Just imo
<rsbm>

I wonder if the bag isn't just to number boards as they are removed so they can be reassembled in correct order. Mind you, there aren't any pics of other boards having been removed.

ETA: Sorry to sound goulish, but could be decomp fluids as opposed to blood.

Well the bag on the end lets us understand that this IS evidence, not jut a board they had to get out of the way. It seems natural that the business side is away from the officer's body so it does not brush on him as he carries it.

DP better ask DM if there is anything special about this board.

If you were chopping something you would put a board underneath it so you don't damage your floor/your tool

<rsbm>

I wonder if the bag isn't just to number boards as they are removed so they can be reassembled in correct order. Mind you, there aren't any pics of other boards having been removed.

ETA: Sorry to sound goulish, but could be decomp fluids as opposed to blood.

Yep. As gross as it sounds that was my first thought :(

May be farfetched, but you could look at this in a couple of different ways.

It looks like it could be some sort of ghoulish artwork, depicting what, I don't even want to guess, but it also looks like the outline of a spinal column and then the pelvic bones?

On my computer, there appears to be more drawing in a lighter colour above the dark areas.

LE definitely wanting to hide something with that paper bag covering the bottom of the board, however, it is not a sealed paper bag around the end of the board.

Just imo

Thinking the same thing about the pelvis and hoping it is not.
It has that Shroud of T type look to the board imo, but imagine if it really was something like that it would be behind a tarp.

Here's that "stained board" they took out

BT0gxPdCEAELCP4.jpg

The wood looks to be one of those rough-hewn pine boards (guessing: 1” diam. x 12” wide x 8’ long) that you’d buy at Rona or Home Depot. I agree —to my mazy, over-imaginative mind the staining appears to be from some sort of skeletal decomposition. JMO.

Yes, you’d think if it was a significant piece of evidence that it would be completely wrapped and sealed. It is, however, very windy here today (hot and humid to boot) so perhaps the forensic investigators thought it best to get the board ASAP to a hermetically sealed mobile unit so as to not risk it being potentially contaminated with blowy hay and pollens whilst wrapping it up in an open old barn?

Thanks awesome sleuthers for all the updates; you rock!

I'm not one of those individuals, either, but my impression is the same. An oily substance, but one with a higher water content than say, motor oil, would be my guess. JMO

ETA: I also had that same thought about whether or not it would be concealed.
It looks like animal stain to me.... either where an animal decomposed or where it unloaded after dinner...:twocents:

That's a relatively new looking board IMO compared to what one would expect in an old barn. The "stain" is rather odd shaped- seems like something rounded might have been near the bottom of the stain judging by the edge.

notice the paper bag on the top of the board .... probably something "important" under it .... you make a good point about not looking like lumber from an old barn .... correct .... unless it is from an overhead floor joist or rafter .... they stay like new forever .... take a look inside any old building and you will see ...

leaking fluid on an upper ancient barn floor can seep down to a pristine floor joist underneath ... that's what it looks like to me.

thanks for the picture puppyraiser.

AM

I think the paper bag may be covering up writing JMO

The I :heart: S (?) at the bottom may be just some of the writing on the board... MOO

Normally there is a reason for choosing paper over plastic for a specific forensic reasons.

ETA, the stains looks similar to dust from bailing hay and water, then dried on board.
I wouldn't think it(stain) in itself is the evidence.

If there is writing on the board, it may be a person's writing whom was being held in the barn, trying to leave a message that they were there.

Again, maybe farfetched.

The center stain area look like it may have tire mark, like the board is used as a ramp. Perhaps they are matching that tire mark to the incinerator, to prove that the incinerator belongs to dellen and the farm.. Jmo

My eyesight is poor, so please humor me! The plastic container that is being held by someone wearing purple gloves looks like part of a handcuff in the lower right hand corner of the bin. They did have a metal detector on hand.

Does anyone else see this?

BTwAmBLCIAA6cmT.jpg

As for the stained board, this could possibly be the underside of the board - if there is enough blood/oil etc., it would leak through the cracks of the flooring....so, maybe whatever evidence there is, is indeed on the other side of the board, hidden from the photographers/public.

The board does look quite new, so is this from a newer building or the underside of the flooring that isn't exposed to the elements as a floor that is, being the surface flooring.

ETA:

Toronto officers searched Mr. Millard&#8217;s property later in May, using a backhoe and a hand-held metal detector. That search was in relation to both Ms. Babcock &#8211; a friend of Mr. Millard who phoned him several times before she disappeared &#8211; and his father, whose Nov. 29, 2012, death was initially deemed a suicide.
Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...suspect-dellen-millards-farm/article14217664/

If they brought a metal detector in during the May search, I'd guess that a metal detector was brought in for this search, also.

Just an added note: Global News - Toronto aired the info about the search this evening. Sources have told them the search may continue through to Thursday.

MOO!

The plastic container that is being held by someone wearing purple gloves looks like part of a handcuff in the lower right hand corner of the bin. They did have a metal detector on hand.

Does anyone else see this?

In the larger version of this photo, you can see the item in question appears to be one continuous piece (unlike handcuffs, which are hinged) and looks to possibly be white, not metal.

And since this particular photo is from Monday, it's most likely a piece of forensic equipment since LE did not uncover any physical evidence that day.

Police didn&#8217;t leave with any physical evidence Monday and planned to continue their search &#8211; likely Tuesday &#8211; a Toronto officer said as the effort wound down around 6 p.m.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/toronto-police-back-at-accused-murderer-dellen-millards-farm/article14188697/

Cansleuther, do you have a link for the larger photograph? The article in question doesn't look round to me - on the inside, yes, on the outside, no.

MOO!

Looks like Petri dishes, or a funnel. Which would make sense about the time the picture was taken.

If not completely round on outside it could be a Macro LED ring light for a forensic camera, but not generally carried like that(in a rubbermaid container)

ETA..........Looks round to me inside/outside. Photoshop it a little or zoom to highest possible while retaining resolution.

Thanks Cansluether, but I beg to differ. I still think it looks like one handcuff. As for color, they come in many colors. IIRC, Jodi Arias wears pink handcuffs!!!

MOO!

Could it be a cup, sieve, or tin on its' side?

Thanks Cansluether, but I beg to differ. I still think it looks like one handcuff. As for color, they come in many colors. IIRC, Jodi Arias wears pink handcuffs!!!

If they are handcuffs, they must belong to LE. It was clearly stated that LE found no physical evidence on Monday (which is when that photo was taken). IMO handcuffs found at the farm would definitely fall under the category of physical evidence. Like Archangel said, it looks more like a dish, funnel, or maybe a sieve - an item brought to the farm by LE for investigative purposes.

Police didn&#8217;t leave with any physical evidence Monday and planned to continue their search &#8211; likely Tuesday &#8211; a Toronto officer said as the effort wound down around 6 p.m.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/toronto-police-back-at-accused-murderer-dellen-millards-farm/article14188697/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb