New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true too. I live next to Polk County FL which is/was/has also claimed to be the meth capital of the US. We have people go into Wal Mart here and start cooking up meth in the bathroom or auto parts section...

Still, unless they were just very very lucky (not unreasonable) somehow this doesn't seem like the kind of crime some meth heads could pull off so seamlessly and smoothly. I would think also that they might favor some sort of abduction away from her house, not from her very own driveway. But, who knows.

What I find odd/annoying is that, now, after 3 years, the story of these three guys stalking her around at the coon hunt just surfaces? first time I had heard of it. How come no one mentioned this before in the last 3 years???

quote...What I find odd/annoying is that, now, after 3 years, the story of these three guys stalking her around at the coon hunt just surfaces? first time I had heard of it. How come no one mentioned this before in the last 3 years???...end of quote.

Last April/May in another thread I mentioned he may had been there the night she performed and may have been been stalking her for sometime to learn her habits and the families routine.......

But at the same time I wondered if her connection with the country music star may have been part of the reason she was taken. In stead of a local girl missing, it became more national. I think Holly is her niece or cousin I don't remember which now.

I sent the country star a couple of emails and asked if she received any mail/messages from someone in the area. Fan perhaps, stalker hate mail etc. But she never responded. So I let it go.

I really hope ZA is our guy and this is not another dead end.

Someone (several someones, imo) have been very lucky for almost three years....but I'm thinking the luck's about to run out.
Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick......

I pray you are right, shefner.

I feel LE is closer than ever before to solving Holly's case. I don't think I have ever seen search warrants for so many locations and didn't they say that LE has removed 5 vehicles? Were all 5 vehicles from the Adams place or from other places or homes as well?

Even if they don't find Holly's remains and I pray they do for the Bobo family's sake they can still bring charges without a body if they find solid evidence that she has been murdered or was kidnapped by the suspect(s).

For so many years DAs were very reluctant to try missing body cases until many many years had passed but lately I have seen DAs bringing charges of kidnapping and murder when the bodies haven't been located.

Long ago jurors were reluctant to find someone guilty when the body hadn't been recovered but now the general population knows much more about such cases and I have seen many end in convictions. Some the bodies were found much later on or after a conviction some of the defendants finally told where the body could be found and of course some to this day are still missing but the perp is in prison doing LWOP. The only draw back usually though is the DA will not seek the death penalty and would do so if the body had been located.

There are two reasons why I hope Holly's body is found.

1. To give Holly a proper burial and to bring some type of peace to the Bobo family.
2. If the body is found there is a very good chance the DA will ask for the death penalty and rightly so.

IMO

Hmmm seems like LE thinks both brothers may be involved from what the mother stated.

IMO

Not all US States have DNA laws & many states have only passed them in the last few years. Many convicted felon's DNA has never been added to FBI CODIS.. This is why the Familial DNA Laws are so important..

Since HB's abduction, TN Governor Haslam signed a new Public Safety Law
as well as a familial DNA Law. Imo, both laws originated and passed with the Holly Bobo investigation as the catalyst..

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/SB0260.pdf

HB 1823 by *Lundberg. (*SB 0260 by *Ramsey.)
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation - As introduced, directs TBI to create policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations by January 1, 2012. - Amends TCA Title 38.

Bill Summary
This bill defines "familial DNA search" as a search of the centralized system to cross-reference data obtained from DNA analysis from a DNA profile taken from a crime scene for the purpose of determining if there is a biological relative of an individual for whom there is a DNA profile in the centralized system. This bill requires the TBI to establish a state policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations, which procedures must include appropriate safeguards to assure scientific accuracy and confidentiality during the investigatory process.

I really hope ZA is our guy and this is not another dead end.

This time seems very different.

Such an large scale search by so many agencies and by the map it is almost a direct route from where Holly lived to where the Adams place is located.

It wouldn't have taken the perps long at all to be back to the Adams compound in no time at all.

IMO

Not all US States have DNA laws & many states have only passed them in the last few years. Many convicted felon's DNA has never been added to FBI CODIS.. This is why the Familial DNA Laws are so important..

Since HB's abduction, TN Governor Haslam signed a new Public Safety Law
as well as a familial DNA Law. Imo, both laws originated and passed with the Holly Bobo investigation as the catalyst..

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/bill...=HB1823&ga=107
HB 1823 by *Lundberg. (*SB 0260 by *Ramsey.)
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation - As introduced, directs TBI to create policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations by January 1, 2012. - Amends TCA Title 38.

Bill Summary
This bill defines "familial DNA search" as a search of the centralized system to cross-reference data obtained from DNA analysis from a DNA profile taken from a crime scene for the purpose of determining if there is a biological relative of an individual for whom there is a DNA profile in the centralized system. This bill requires the TBI to establish a state policy and uniform procedures authorizing familial DNA searches in certain criminal investigations, which procedures must include appropriate safeguards to assure scientific accuracy and confidentiality during the investigatory process.

I just quickly scanned what you have posted FF but it does include anyone that has been arrested for whatever reason, right? Not just family members who lived where a crime happened or do I have it wrong? So if the Adams boys have records LE has their DNA profile?

When I clicked on the link it stated 'page not found.'

I know more and more states are adopting the DNA law and it is taken from anyone that is arrested by police. I don't think it includes plain traffic violations though such as speeding or running a stop sign unless they are going to be charged with vehicular homicide or DUI.

IMO

Did anyone else catch in Cindy Adam's interview that she said Karen Bobo had been ZA's fourth grade teacher?

quote...What I find odd/annoying is that, now, after 3 years, the story of these three guys stalking her around at the coon hunt just surfaces? first time I had heard of it. How come no one mentioned this before in the last 3 years???...end of quote.

Last April/May in another thread I mentioned he may had been there the night she performed and may have been been stalking her for sometime to learn her habits and the families routine.......

But at the same time I wondered if her connection with the country music star may have been part of the reason she was taken. In stead of a local girl missing, it became more national. I think Holly is her niece or cousin I don't remember which now.

I sent the country star a couple of emails and asked if she received any mail/messages from someone in the area. Fan perhaps, stalker hate mail etc. But she never responded. So I let it go.

Maybe they had been told by LE not to disclose that information so as not to tip these three off. But now that there are searches going on at ZAs place and ZA was one of the ones stalking Holly at the coon hunt it is no longer necessary to keep mum about it.

In just about every case I have kept up with there will be something known to some people and we don't learn about it until there is either a break in the case or an arrest.

IMO

I just quickly scanned what you have posted FF but it does include anyone that has been arrested for whatever reason, right? Not just family members who lived where a crime happened or do I have it wrong? So if the Adams boys have records LE has their DNA profile?

When I clicked on the link it stated 'page not found.'

I know more and more states are adopting the DNA law and it is taken from anyone that is arrested by police. I don't think it includes plain traffic violations though such as speeding or running a stop sign unless they are going to be charged with vehicular homicide or DUI.

IMO

Good Link: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/SB0260.pdf

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 38,
relative to familial DNA searching.

Or their cousins, aunts, uncles, parents or grandparents that are in the DNA database, oceanblueeyes. The grim reaper serial killer(CA) was identified due to his son's DNA being in CODIS.
We had many discussions on ws about this new DNA law prior to when it went into effect. A spokesperson for the HB family had made a statement about being confident of an arrest after January 01/2012. Speculation was that it was due to the Law.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/familial-searching

Familial Searching

Familial searching is an additional search of a law enforcement DNA database conducted after a routine search has been completed and no profile matches are identified during the process. Unlike a routine database search which may spontaneously yield partial match profiles, familial searching is a deliberate search of a DNA database conducted for the intended purpose of potentially identifying close biological relatives to the unknown forensic profile obtained from crime scene evidence.
<sniped-read more>

I have always felt the community at large has a feeling for who did this. I'm in a small town and everyone knows everyone....or someone related to that someone. We have about 5,500 citizens within our city limits and of course, many more stretching out in the surrounding areas.
Our own town has had a crisis of sorts...and rumors ran wild. But let me say that most every one of them had a measure of truth within them. People in small towns just "know" each other.
Want to look us up? Cherryville, NC....City Police ( former Chief Woody Burgess) and City Hall (former CFO Bonny Alexander)...among others. All arrested. I want to say that Bonny is a dear friend...and while she did a terrible thing, she has admitted it and will pay with both money and jail time. Several involved in this scandal are members of our church and it has been particularly painful. Rumors ran rampant for several years before this story broke. Most everything we heard ended up being true...
Everyone covered for the other. It works like that. And if you think something is so, you would never tell an outsider, much less a reporter. And I think this is the case in Darden, with Holly's abduction.

And with the mother using first names I don't think that means that ZA and Holly were close or even friends. In the south, and I am from the deep south, people tend to use first names on a regular basis instead of last or full names, even if they don't know the person very well. I know I do.:D

imo

I totally agree with that. We call her Holly and we don't know her, for instance. And her name has been in the news for three years, and wasn't she just explaining what her son said? He used the name Holly, so she did, and that seems normal to me. It would seem stranger, I think, if they called her Miss Bobo or Miss Holly - too old-fashioned.

Yeah....right. He was moved but the excuse given is a poor one.

That might be true or just an official story, shefner.

Maybe they wanted to isolate him and didn't have a free cell. You'd be surprised how often prisoners are moved around from floor to floor in the same jail, or even out to a different jail.

If someone causes problems, they isolate them quickly. Or they might give him a roommate somewhere else who is planted to get some insight on him. We can't possibly know at this point what is really going on.

They might have moved him just to put him closer to wherever the FBI and TBI are staying.

Good Link: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/SB0260.pdf

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 38,
relative to familial DNA searching.

Or their cousins, aunts, uncles, parents or grandparents that are in the DNA database, oceanblueeyes. The grim reaper serial killer(CA) was identified due to his son's DNA being in CODIS.
We had many discussions on ws about this new DNA law prior to when it went into effect. A spokesperson for the HB family had made a statement about being confident of an arrest after January 01/2012. Speculation was that it was due to the Law.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/familial-searching

Familial Searching

Familial searching is an additional search of a law enforcement DNA database conducted after a routine search has been completed and no profile matches are identified during the process. Unlike a routine database search which may spontaneously yield partial match profiles, familial searching is a deliberate search of a DNA database conducted for the intended purpose of potentially identifying close biological relatives to the unknown forensic profile obtained from crime scene evidence.
<sniped-read more>

Wow now that is very interesting. Didn't they identify BTK's profile by getting the DNA profile from his children? I know they didn't get it through CODIS but they did obtain it through family members' dna, iirc.

I am sure some are crying foul and thinking big brother is getting way too intrusive but I say it is a good thing if it will help solve violent crimes.

Thanks again FF.:)

I totally agree with that. We call her Holly and we don't know her, for instance. And her name has been in the news for three years, and wasn't she just explaining what her son said? He used the name Holly, so she did, and that seems normal to me. It would seem stranger, I think, if they called her Miss Bobo or Miss Holly - too old-fashioned.

Exactly!

And even the media is doing it now as well. They use first names and leave the last name off many times when discussing cases or other issues.

IMO

Wow now that is very interesting. Didn't they identify BTK's profile by getting the DNA profile from his children? I know they didn't get it through CODIS but they did obtain it through family members' dna, iirc.

I am sure some are crying foul and thinking big brother is getting way too intrusive but I say it is a good thing if it will help solve violent crimes.

Thanks again FF.:)

TY, oceanblueeyes.. Yes BTK was identified in part by his daughter's DNA & his narcissism.

Other high profile successes include using a sibling's DNA to positively identify Osama bin Laden after his death, and the arrest of Dennis Rader, the Kansas serial killer now serving life terms after he was identified, in part, through use of his daughter's DNA.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/news/na...ing-crimes/stories/201105140116#ixzz2urQJMhsd

I hope hope hope this is the break we need.

I'm really glad I started the missing thread for Holly, I didn't think it would be getting this much attention years later.

I imagine Mrs. Adams isn't saying much one way or another because she can see some kind of writing on the wall about her kids. Also, considering that her family property is the epicenter of this search, she could be in as much trouble as anyone if there was a cover-up. Accesory after-the-fact, etc.

Hi, harlanky - I don't think anyone has ruled out the home being searched. In fact I'm sure every building down there was searched.

Media was kept too far away to see much, back at the main road. In fact, that's as close as they could get today. I believe someone said there was one news video that seemed to show some bags being taken out of the house.

What we know for sure is that all the family vehicles were taken away and other trucks brought in all day and into the night.

So that first day was all about the main house and other buildings on one side of the road, then yesterday they moved across the street to the place with the well.

And yes, they would need warrants for each property.

Didn't she say or the reporter say that the mother lives in Atlanta now? I wonder when she moved.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member