New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any locals tell us if storm cellars like the ones attached to this posting are popular, were popular in those parts of Tennessee?

And would it be common or not unusual to find old shelters on property that were installed many many years ago?

Good question...

:thumb:

They were and are popular....a few years ago we had some major tornadoes that took many lives in my area...this prompted the install of many newer storm shelters.

Meant to continue that many folks still have the older ones whether they use them or not...I can remember as a child being forced down into one of those older ones......bad memories,lol.

Before the advent of basements, folks built(dug) their storm shelters even before building their houses in the south; the tornado belt. Everytime a dark cloud came over the horizon, we were herded up and headed for the shelter. There were many large life loses due to tornadoes back then.
Some of my best memories as a child were playing in the old storm shelters/root cellars in Savannah/Pickwick, TN; aprox 60 miles from Parsons.

Photo of old storm shelter/root cellar
Old storm shelter or root cellar? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMO, seems like wishful thinking that she is alive...the types of searching sure does not reflect that to me.Of course everyone hopes so, though personally I can't even bear to imagine three years as a prisoner of someone like this guy and maybe others...JMO

Wow that would be great if Holly is still alive.

I have prayed for Holly's safe return since she was taken. I pray whoever is saying this is correct!!!! That would be the greatest miracle of all.

Wow that would be great if Holly is still alive.

I don't like to say it, but that's highly unlikely. I don't believe cadaever dogs search for live people. Nor can live people live buried alive under mounds of dirt or at the bottom of a well. Plus I'm guessing these meth heads aren't skilled enough to keep a hostage alive and hidden for 3 years.

Also, judging from that interview by Danielle who knows ZA, apparently not even Holly's mother thinks she's still alive. I love that you can still have hope right now, but there comes a time when having hope is like a form of denial. We are seeing them search for a body.

I don't like to say it, but that's highly unlikely. I don't believe cadaever dogs search for live people. Nor can live people live buried alive under mounds of dirt or at the bottom of a well. Plus I'm guessing these meth heads aren't skilled enough to keep a hostage alive and hidden for 3 years.

Also, judging from that interview by Danielle who knows ZA, apparently not even Holly's mother thinks she's still alive. I love that you can still have hope right now, but there comes a time when having hope is like a form of denial. We are seeing them search for a body.

I agree, SisterWolf. This is a recovery operation..

RE: Meth Heads..
My observations from researching sexual predators & psychopathic sadistic serial killers from the 1980s to the present.

There seems to be the common denominator of methamphetamine use/abuse. From Pastors to Politicians, no one seems to be excluded. Meth is the catalyst for psychopaths to act out their fantasies, and create very evil and sadistic tendencies in otherwise normal personalities..

Just my opinion and observations..
Wished some of our more studied members would contribute their thoughts on the possible Meth connection to HB's abduction..

There's a lot more to it than that. Psycopaths (now often coyly
labelled sociopaths) are the only real persons, places, things, in
their world. The rest of us are figments of their imagination, in
effect, to be manipulated and used in anyway appropriate and
convenient to their needs. If they believe it to be ultimately useful
to their purposes to be kind and generous and considerate towards
someone, they will -- without limit, if helpful to their ends -- or
if they believe it to be more convenient to destroy someone, they
will. There is no such thing as truth or lies external to them --
which explains why such persons can readily pass lie detector tests,
for example.

A quasi-religious psychiatrist I knew said they were born without
souls. A philosopher long ago came to literally believe that there
are people in this world who are actually not really human beings,
but who absolutely emulate the real thing and are basically
impossible to recognize as non-human.
I think he was trying to
explain the psychopath.

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/science-scope/blame-the-brain-psychopaths-are-wired-differently/632

BhrdmVEIcAAatzx.jpg

@willnunley
This is a closer look at the house where investigators have focused today. The well is to the left behind trees.

https://twitter.com/willnunley/status/439907564319703040/photo/1

I read in one of the articles linked yesterday that neighbors said the Adams family place had been searched before. does anyone know which le agency performed the earlier search and if they searched with the owners consent or did they go ahead and get a search warrant?

FBI is conducting this search. do we know if local le is not involved?

does anyone know how many people live in the home? I know the one guy was arrested on charges unrelated to holly's disappearance so I assume no one from the home has been named a suspect.

link=> http://www.kfvs12.com/story/24851937/search-warrants-executed-in-holly-bobo-case

Thank you Amanda for all your hard work. Much appreciate what you do.

It is getting dark here (same time zone). Wonder if they are still at the site. jmo

Three years ago, but it seems like yesterday...

Bring Holly Home!
[video=youtube;gifeX4cw5dQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifeX4cw5dQ[/video]

Thanks for posting photo - looks like a place that should have been checked early on, no? Wonder how close it is to Holly's home...

Aprox 15 miles according to TV4.. Surprised there was hesitation by LE entering the old home. With the roof missing, which was likely a tin roof when built, the weight would have been minimal in a collapse, imo..

G'Evening Friends~
I just stopped in to catch up with the latest.
I live in middle tenn, and the family place has been around since the late 1800's. There is a well on the back porch that is covered with a huge steal plate of sorts. Many years ago, someone placed some coins in the well, thinking they could retrieve them later. Several people tried to reach them, but never could. A few years later, they had someone who works for EMA Rescue team, who is a diver, small in stature, to go down into the well. He had quite bit of equipment, light enough to climb down..but held his oxygen tank.
Here, EMA is the center for all of 911.. Fire/Police/Rescue/Paramedics...as well, for natural disasters.

I know that the cases are incredibly different, but for some reason Holly's abduction does remind me of the Sharon Faye Smith abduction by Larry Gene Bell in a way. Sharon was abducted at the end of her driveway while she stepped out to get the mail, while Holly was abducted near her home as well. This gives me reason to think that a similar situation might have occurred. What is also interesting about the two cases is that there were witnesses in each (Holly's brother, Sharon's father). I think that somebody was waiting in the woods, held her at gunpoint, and she went willingly, maybe upon threat of her life or her family's lives. Either way, I hope we find answers soon. Just knowing that there might be a break in this case gives me hope that Holly will hopefully be found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3