New to Websleuths

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Steve#809

Reaction score
I live in Walton County, Florida and I retired from the Sheriff's Office, but around 2016 I returned to work part-time on Cold Cases. I was doing some research on a case and found this link, so I decided to join. So I'm looking forward to being a part of so many people trying to locate answers for family members who are missing loved ones, and who have lost loved ones due to Homicide.

I live in Walton County, Florida and I retired from the Sheriff's Office, but around 2016 I returned to work part-time on Cold Cases. I was doing some research on a case and found this link, so I decided to join. So I'm looking forward to being a part of so many people trying to locate answers for family members who are missing loved ones, and who have lost loved ones due to Homicide.
Welcome to Ws @Steve#809!
Curious to know what cold case you are researching, and if you would like a thread started if we do not already have one?

Welcome to Ws @Steve#809!
Curious to know what cold case you are researching, and if you would like a thread started if we do not already have one?
Hi, I'm new here as well. I have been on here before in years past but, didn't have as much time to dedicate to it as I would have liked. I do now. I'd really like to offer help where ever I can. Can suggestions where to start?

Hi, I'm new here as well. I have been on here before in years past but, didn't have as much time to dedicate to it as I would have liked. I do now. I'd really like to offer help where ever I can. Can suggestions where to start?
Sometimes just advocating to the investigating agency can help. Emailing, or encouraging them to update the contact in Namus.

If you are wondering how to jump in to the world of Websleuths I have a suggestion.
We have a Missing Persons forum and a Missing but not Forgotten forum that goes back to before 1960.
Find a thread about a missing person that hardly has any posts. Do a Google search on the person's name. If they are not missing any more post the information with the link to the info on the thread. Hit the "report" button in the lower left-hand corner of the post and let our mods know that the person has been found. Be careful though and make sure you have to correct person. Lots of people have the same names.
If they have not been found post a message to the family of the missing person and simply say something like "I'm thinking of (insert name of missing person). I'll keep checking to see if there is any news."
Or whatever message you want.
We have had many messages from family members so grateful that someone has posted on their missing loved one's thread on Websleuths. You can help a family's heart by posting a kind message.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back