New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN
18 min ago
What we know so far about the New Zealand terror attack
e10c1474-1281-455f-b5c7-6fd64d969064.jpg

At least 49 people were killed and 20 seriously injured in two mass shootings at mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch.

Here's what we know so far:

• The victims: Forty-one people were killed at the al Noor mosque. Seven people died at the Linwood mosque, and one person died from their injuries in hospital.
  • The suspect: Police said a male in his late 20s has been charged with murder and will appear at the Christchurch court Saturday morning local time.
  • The manifesto: In a social media post just before the attack, an account that is believed to belong to one of the attackers posted a link to an 87-page manifesto that was filled with anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim ideas and explanations for an attack. The manifesto was not signed.

New Zealand shooting suspect had 'many' other targets planned | CBC News
newzealand-shootout.jpg

A still image taken from video circulated on social media, apparently taken by a gunman and posted online live as the attack unfolded, shows him driving in Christchurch, New Zealand, on Friday. (Social media website via Reuters)

A manifesto linked to the man charged in the shooting attacks of two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, says he was motivated by white nationalist ideology, had planned the attack for years and anticipated that he might not make it out alive.

I’m just incredulous that the shooter went to Pakistan for a holiday. The Islamic Republic of Pakistan!!!!! An entire country full of Muslims. I’d love to know the reason for that trip.

I’ve been to Pakistan a number of times and have spent about 3 months there in total. Contrary to what people may think, the people were just lovely, generous and kind. They told us over and over that they don’t hate westerners, and they know our politicians’ views do not reflect the views of travellers. Virtually no tourists go to Pakistan so we received very special treatment wherever we went. Surprisingly, they love discussing politics and religion. We visited a number of mosques both in the cities and out in the countryside where we spent most of our time and were always made to feel welcome. I could write a book on our travels there.

It’s a shame that lunatics at all levels of society are making the world such a dangerous place.

Thanks for sharing that information and clearing up so many of the negative stereotypes that exist today about Muslim countries and people. Pakistan sounds like a lovely country. While many Westerners may not be able to afford travel to such distant places, I wish there were more ways for people to interact and learn about each other across the globe.

Well, one of the NZ killers actually said she inspired him to attack these people. It's in the story at the link. He said she "radicalized" him. Obviously there's some type of belief system that she's espousing and promoting to the public that makes people go out and commit mass murder.

Home | Daily Mail Online

I don't follow these kinds of people in the news or on social media and find this all very confusing. For people who follow her on social media or wherever, what is she preaching? President Trump seems to agree with her, too. Can someone help clarify?

I cant speak for anyone else about Candice Owen's, but I've never seen her be divisive about anything.

Every time I've heard her speak she has been a strong advocate for AAs, and is always kind, and respectful to everyone.

She is the opposite of a WS. She is all about seeing AAs have all of the opportunities to excel in life.

Imo

Last edited:
I cant speak for anyone else about Candice Owen's, but I've never seen her be divisive about anything.

Every time I've heard her speak she has been a strong advocate for AAs, and is always kind, and respectful to everyone.

She is the opposite of a WS. She is all about seeing AAs have all of the opportunities to excell.

Imo

That's interesting. I wonder how this killer managed to interpret her speeches in a way that inspired him strike out at Muslims?

Imo
I agree OBE. I've never read or heard anything from CO that could possibly radicalize this monster. We're talking about an obviously twisted mind at play here so there's no way of knowing how twisted his interpretations of her words were. Yet I'm totally lost at how anything she has said could in any way, misinterpreted or not, provoke this tragedy.

But the terrorist actually said things that support the fact that it is a factor, so you can be angry about that, but it's a fact. Sorry.
Along with Candice and a comedian right. And then specifically said he used guns to create divisiveness. Well, he did a good job of that huh?

I blame the shooter. End of story.

I think this should be a thread for news, facts and meesages of support for New Zealand. Perhaps those that want to chime in with political opinions or debate about the ‘whys?’ could start a new thread specifically for that.

Hi Everyone,

Our hearts break for our fellow people in NZ. The loss of lives, their loved ones they leave behind, people who were there and witnessed this horror, I could go on and on about the number of people who will never be the same because of this senseless tragedy. It hurts down to our soul.

This thread is being moderated using the same Terms of Service we use on all our other threads.

While I know many of you want to talk about the bigger picture as to why this happened Websleuths is not the place for that discussion.

If I allow posters to start talking about politics and differing religious beliefs then this forum would melt down quickly.

We need to stick to this case, the facts of this case, and leave out the politics and religion other than how it is connected directly to this case.

Example; if the shooter has been popping off about Muslims or immigration then yes, we need this information to continue the discussion into the facts. What we can't do is offer our opinion as to why this is happening now and who is to blame.

Please stick to the facts of this case. We have already had to thread ban several members. Thread bans are when we ban, either temporarily or permanently, a member from a certain discussion. The member can post anywhere else on the forum but are prevented from posting on the thread.

Please, let's go forward from here and stick to the facts.

Thank you,
Tricia

Shocking! 49 killed, many wounded, 28 year old arrested and charged, 2 more in custody.
It reminds me of the Paris Bataclan massacre in 2015 - a coordinated attack of people in a closed space.

Hi Everyone,

Our hearts break for our fellow people in NZ. The loss of lives, their loved ones they leave behind, people who were there and witnessed this horror, I could go on and on about the number of people who will never be the same because of this senseless tragedy. It hurts down to our soul.

This thread is being moderated using the same Terms of Service we use on all our other threads.

While I know many of you want to talk about the bigger picture as to why this happened Websleuths is not the place for that discussion.

If I allow posters to start talking about politics and differing religious beliefs then this forum would melt down quickly.

We need to stick to this case, the facts of this case, and leave out the politics and religion other than how it is connected directly to this case.

Example; if the shooter has been popping off about Muslims or immigration then yes, we need this information to continue the discussion into the facts. What we can't do is offer our opinion as to why this is happening now and who is to blame.

Please stick to the facts of this case. We have already had to thread ban several members. Thread bans are when we ban, either temporarily or permanently, a member from a certain discussion. The member can post anywhere else on the forum but are prevented from posting on the thread.

Please, let's go forward from here and stick to the facts.

Thank you,
Tricia
Your post showed up as I posted, please remove if necessary as I was responding to a "why" statement.. thank you for all you do..

The mass shooting in New Zealand was designed to spread on social media

The manifesto linked to the shooting is decidedly racist. Early on, it references “white genocide,” a neo-Nazi conspiracy theory that white people are being replaced, and the 14 words, a white supremacist slogan. It also professes admiration for other white supremacist killers. The racism itself is sincere — it did, after all, lead to mass killings — but other parts of the manifesto seem to contain buzzwords meant to galvanize its spread.

For instance, though the author of the manifesto claims to be Australian — and one person in custody is Australian-born — the document contains multiple references to the Second Amendment of the US Constitution. Mass shootings in America have led to heated debate about gun laws, with proponents of the Second Amendment arguing that gun control is unconstitutional.

The manifesto, which is 73 pages long, tends toward name-dropping. It mentions Candace Owens, an American conservative pundit as well as the video games Fortnite and Spyro the Dragon. These references seem geared toward creating certain kinds of narratives in the media that will keep the terrorism in the news.

The shooter or shooters want to stay in the news. The references to other white supremacist killers are the giveaway. These high-profile killings are meant to frighten innocent people and recruit other white supremacists; without attention, the crimes are meaningless to the people who committed them.

Mass shootings, generally, are meant to get people’s attention. Social media has weakened or destroyed many of the gatekeepers that shield the general public from exposure to this kind of violence. Before the internet, it was unusual for anyone besides the police and the media to receive these kinds of materials. Now, it’s possible for them to be passed around quickly, reaching a broad audience.

this shooter was not insane imo, he was a highly motivated, intelligent yet ignorant, radicalized white supremacist.

the conundrum of why he would visit pakistan is answered pretty well in his manifesto, and is a great example of his ignorance and hypocrisy.

he says he has no problem with other ethnicities as long as they remain in their own lands, but once they come to "his" land they are invaders, even if they are there legally, in his opinion all countries/cultures should remain independent (completely, not even trading with each other).

he said he loved traveling and was always treated well, yet he refers to the people of those countries as vermin and roaches, he states these things in general (not just in reference to the perceived "invaders") which is indicative of his hatred for all non-white non-european people.

Last edited:
I agree OBE. I've never read or heard anything from CO that could possibly radicalize this monster. We're talking about an obviously twisted mind at play here so there's no way of knowing how twisted his interpretations of her words were. Yet I'm totally lost at how anything she has said could in any way, misinterpreted or not, provoke this tragedy.

Me too. It doesn't make any sense to put CO into the equation. In fact it's ridiculous because she is the total opposite of a WS or WN.

She is a strong advocate for her own AA people. Not once have I ever seen her be divisive, and she certainly isnt in the corner of any hate group. She is for unity for all.

It does show his ramblings are just that. Its obvious they are deranged ramblings that doesn't even make sense when he included CO of all people when she is a total passive peaceful person.

It makes me wonder if he purposefully selected certain individuals in his manifesto trying to cause further unrest? Was this reverse psychology? IDK, but it makes no logical sense at all. Imo

I haven't read the full manifesto yet, but I thought I read he claimed to do this because of another terrorist attack where a little child was among those killed?

I was shocked to see he was from Australia.

No matter, it is heart shattering to know he had such hate in his heart against totally innocent people.

My heart hurts for all of them, and their grieving families.

The pain, and suffering he alone has caused is as evil as it gets.

Jmo

Last edited:
I don't have even a basic answer that encompasses many: what is going so foul that young men (terrorists of most examples are young men, regardless of faith or culture or economic factors) that bring them to an ugly brink?

I am guessing that there are many common factors including:

- The need for identity in young men: Nothing builds identity faster than being a member of a small, elite group of warriors defending "all that is good". Jihaders, white supremacists, and well, all other terror groups present themselves in this "elite defending warrior" role.

- Changing world: In previous generations, potentially violent young men could plug themselves into a pre-existing system with known cultural norms, , purpose, identity and opportunities- even if limited. Today, the world is in a state of rapid change that no longer offers that.

As a result, a certain number of young men who would of found support, identity, opportunity and purpose in say, Islam / traditional Egyptian culture or white working class Australian nationalism / culture don't have an easy visible "anchor".

- The Internet: The same technology that makes this forum possible also allows for the rapid dissemination of a dazzling amount of sophisticated extremist propaganda. Potential terrorist can participate in any number of daily virtual rant meetings, Juice'em up rallies etc. from the comfort of their own home.

In contrast, earlier extremists had to rely on often crudely printed material / audio tapes available only through a very limited number of sources. Attending Jihader or White supremacist meetings was difficult and riskier. There was usually a need to travel- and that takes time and money. Egyptian police or the FBI were sure to attend any advertised extremist events of importance.

Last edited:
the terrorist gunman's body armor, with white supremacist patches and tags prominently visible

0_Christchurch-attack-Attackers-posted-on-social-media.jpg

more photos with the names of the terrorist's heroes:

First picture of suspected gunman in Christchurch mosque shooting

From the terrorist's manifesto:

"I am just a regular white man, from a regular family. Who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people...An attack in New Zealand would bring to attention the truth of the assault on our civilisation, that no where (sic) in the world was safe, the invaders were in all of our lands, even in the remotest areas of the world and that tehre was no where (sic) left to go that was safe and free from mass immigration."

The shooter claims to represent “millions of European and other ethno-nationalist peoples

He adds: "We must ensure the existence of our people, and a future for white children," a phrase commonly used by white supremacists.

"as long as the white man still lives, they will NEVER conquer our lands and they will never replace our people" (another white supremacist terrorist mantra)

The cover of the terrorist's manifesto, with the same elaborate white supremacist design:

Mosque gunman 'published chilling white supremacy manifesto before massacre'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members