GUILTY New Zealand - Dr. Lauren Dickason, 40, charged w/killing her 3 young daughters, Timaru, 16 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what has been published so far it seems to me that this women was depressed, highly anxious, overwhelmed and not coping but not “insane”. it is more like she got so worn down and exhausted by it all that she felt she couldn’t go on and this was her option out.
A lot of mothers are severely overwhelmed with their children and are mentally and physically exhausted....but they do not kill their children with cable ties around their necks and smother them to death with pillows.

Just saying.

Glad I was never sympathetic to this woman. I thought the initial coverage was very, very easy on her, just because of her status as a middle-class doctor. There was widespread hand-wringing and the assumption that the poor thing must have been catastrophically mentally ill.

But no, it was just semi-premeditated murder by a selfish mother who resented her children and had been talking and thinking about killing them for two years. Depression or not, she knew exactly what she was doing.

Glad I was never sympathetic to this woman. I thought the initial coverage was very, very easy on her, just because of her status as a middle-class doctor. There was widespread hand-wringing and the assumption that the poor thing must have been catastrophically mentally ill.

But no, it was just semi-premeditated murder by a selfish mother who resented her children and had been talking and thinking about killing them for two years. Depression or not, she knew exactly what she was doing.

"Toohey asked Graham about the incident in mid-2021 when Lauren described that she could give the children sleeping tablets and cut their femoral arteries."

Oh my!! If she was texting her husband about cutting the children's femoral arteries, then she must have been deranged.

And why didn't Graham Dickason have her immediately psychiatrically assessed?! She needed to be admitted to a mental health hospital right there and then!

What husband would just carry on, if his wife said that?!

Either he was burying his head in the sand, or he was so fixated on his new job and life in NZ he didn't want anything to stop that.

This woman is not going to win over NZers with comments like this to her friends.

“We looked at two rental properties and they gave me the creeps. Disgusting. People here are unkempt. I really want to come back (don’t say anything to anyone) this is not going to work for me. House we are staying in is 100m2.

“Don’t apply for NZ. They are so full of crap.”

This woman is not going to win over NZers with comments like this to her friends.

“We looked at two rental properties and they gave me the creeps. Disgusting. People here are unkempt. I really want to come back (don’t say anything to anyone) this is not going to work for me. House we are staying in is 100m2.

“Don’t apply for NZ. They are so full of crap.”

I did a Google search for "Timaru houses" and below is a screenshot of the ones that came up when I clicked on images.

The houses look far from creepy, unkempt and disgusting!!

The properties in that area look beautiful!

And with his salary as an orthopaedic surgeon, they'd have been able to rent something very nice.

I'm starting to think this woman has severe anger issues, and sees fault in everyone and everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230721-101213~2.png
    Screenshot_20230721-101213~2.png
    939.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I did a Google search for "Timaru houses" and below is a screenshot of the ones that came up when I clicked on images.

The houses look far from creepy, unkempt and disgusting!!

The properties in that area look beautiful!

And with his salary as an orthopaedic surgeon, they'd have been able to rent something very nice.

I'm starting to think this woman has severe anger issues, and sees fault in everyone and everything.
I was reserving judging this woman until I listened to the trial, but can’t see her getting off on grounds of insanity, she is beginning to sound completely narcissistic, I hope her husband has been able to start a new life and one day have a new family.

The extreme negativity by itself does go along with severe depression and anxiety, IMO.

Having severe depression and anxiety doesn't make people cold blooded killers.

I think she's a psychopath who happened to have severe depression anxiety.

I mean, telling your husband you were going to kill the children by cutting their femoral arteries...?!? And that was while they were still in South Africa, so the NZ move didn't trigger these thoughts!

The real crime is that he didn't get her put in a psychiatric hospital sooner.

Having severe depression and anxiety doesn't make people cold blooded killers.

Definitely not, but I was just thinking about that level of negativity.

IMO please don't put blame on anyone else. I doubt she would have been kept in a hospital for very long, once she was taking medication and "acting normal." She was helped to get psychiatric care.

She hated life and wanted to hurt others is what I'm seeing. JMO/IMO.

She hated life and wanted to hurt others is what I'm seeing. JMO/IMO.
Do you think she really hated her own kids that much, or do you think she really killed them to get revenge on her husband?

I suppose it could be both?

I also think she may be an extreme narcissist. Nothing is ever their fault.

She could've just gone back to South Africa, but then, why should she, as that would mean defeat. Narcissists don't do defeat. They do blame.

I think she may have wanted the kids...all that IVF she did. I also think motherhood wasn't what she expected. That caused even more depression and resentment. She wanted her old life back, the one before kids.

I think she may have wanted the kids...all that IVF she did. I also think motherhood wasn't what she expected. That caused even more depression and resentment. She wanted her old life back, the one before kids.
I'm wondering if she did that for her husband, kind of went along with it, thinking it would be OK....same with the move to New Zealand.

And when it wasn't all OK, all that pent up resentment over the years came to a head. Add in psychopathic tendancies and murderous thoughts, which she proceeded to act out, and what you have is the result.

She must've been deranged to kill her children, and to do it in the manner she did, with cable ties, even worse.

However, I don't think she's criminally insane, and I don't think the trial will find her that way either.

Yea, I don't think she is insane either. I think it was more resentment than anything. The resentment caused the increasing depression. I don't think she did it out of love for the kids, it was love for herself and what she wanted. The kids were in the way.

Thanks for the link tazza! My time zone was off. I thought tomorrow around 5 pm et, not tonight. Off to read. ; )

And hundreds of messages sent to and received by Dickason in the lead-up to the alleged murders were read by police in court.

In many, Dickason speaks about having “rough” days with her children, being depressed, anxious, overwhelmed, emotional, stressed and tired - and often crying for long periods or being on the verge of tears.

The messages span from 2016 to several hours before the children were killed - through the pandemic, lockdowns and growing political unrest and violent crime in South Africa, the family’s emigration process and a number of delays to them moving to New Zealand including having to reschedule flights twice due to the children testing positive for Covid.

She described having three young children as “a hard hard season”, saying there was “no time to just sit and talk” with her husband because “there is always a kid in the middle”.

There were also a number of positive messages sent by Dickason talking about how much she loved her children and how she was happy and “super excited” about their “new adventure” in New Zealand.

“We want to give our three little princesses for whom we have prayed so long and hard, the adventures of a lifetime,” Dickason told a friend

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611
Back