News station found video of THE DUCT TAPE on posters at the Anthony home!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
the term is Beyond A Reasonable Doubt
Has LE made a mistake about everything? There is a lot of info and no doubt the defense will pick at little bits of each piece.But in the end it's the entirety of the evidence.
Is there anything about the evidence you DO believe?
OT,from the tape for a sec....
did KC lie on the 15/16th to LE?
Did she lie when she sashayed into Universal stating she had a job there?
Did she wait on the steps at Sawgrass or did she go to Blockbusters with Tone.
Is there some coverup by LE AND the phone company hiding Zanny's phone number?
Did she drive around with a dead pig in her trunk? Are they also mistaken about the hair that showed signs of decomp?
Why was KC partying and socializing during the time she claims she was looking for Caylee?
Is LE simply making mistake after mistake?
It's not just the duct tape! It's everything put together.She's guilty!

If you are assaulted or raped,have a home invasion or a carjacking you are going to be calling for LE to help you and to make a case against the criminal.Usually when the shoe is on the other foot things start to look different.
I'm not sure why anyone outside of the defense and KC's parents want to continue to pick apart the prosecutions case.The list of evidence is long and continues to grow.
Very eloquently spoken MissJames...I can add nothing more except my complete agreement...

also, OT, I cannot imagine the pain of your own loss of your son and thank you sincerely for sharing that pain and all that was involved with us here. We are in your debt for this small bit of insight. Blessings...

In general I think LE is good. I have a deep appreciation for them. I had a brother in-law that was a police officer and was shot to death. He was one of my best friends in school.

That being said, LE is not super human. They put thier pants on the same way as you and I. They are capable of making mistakes and they continue to do so. There is nothing wrong with that because they are human beings just like the rest of us. However, all information must be cross examined in a court of law to be absolutley sure of the truth.

I agree that in general LE is good. They have done an enormous amount of work in this case, as proven by the amount of documents generated. Yes, they do make errors at times. When errors are made on extremely important pieces of evidence, that is not good, especially when it is a dp case.
Here in the court of public opinion we can formulate our own opinions and most of us do.

For me, I have followed this case for over a year, and have come to form my own opinion. It is not the popular opinon by any means, but its mine. I have based my opinion, strictly on what my interpretations of the documents are. I have allowed zero tolerance for any and all media statements. I have disregarded anything and everything the media has said. I based my opinion on only the documents. At this time I have reasoable doubt, so I would not and could not convict Casey Anthony of Capital Murder.

Several things bother me. Casely's lies and half truths to LE bothers me. Casey's failure to report Caylee missing bothers me. The OSCO lab report in contrast to the FBI report in regard to the heart shaped sticker bothers me. When prosecution dropped the DP prior to finding the remains bothers me. The performance of the officer who was terminated bothers me, as does his changing testimony. There are many other things in this case both pro and con that bother me. It is the sum of all the things that bother me that gives me reasonable doubt.

I do hope that future doc dumps will remove my current doubt. I do want justice for Caylee. Perhaps at trial, I can have the doubt removed once all the evidence is there to examine.

During the reading of many of these threads, I have found many thought provoking posts. Many good arguments have been made that lean towards her guilt. Keep up the good work, my opinon may change.

And thank you to all that have provided doc links, video links etc this is a great site.

I looked on both henkel and shurtape sites. It appears that suretape purchased that division in 2009. I couldn't find anything that says they manufacture the tape. I saw that suretape has companies in China. Do you know who actually manufactures the tape? I am confused about the blogs on the sites or news stories, where people say it is not manufactured in Ohio, that they actually work there and all they do is package it and distribute it.

I have another question. And I have read a lot of these documents. When it says 65/35 cotton and poly, does that mean that the thread count is always the same? Do they use different rolls of cotton and poly so a person could tell if a piece of tape comes from the same roll or case? I saw that they use different lot numbers, I also saw that they make several grades of Duct tape.

Is it just me, or does the above read similar to what a defense attorney without a leg to stand on would state? Create TMI to cause confusion and draw attention away from the real issue?

Is it just me, or does the above read similar to what a defense attorney without a leg to stand on would state? Create TMI to cause confusion and draw attention away from the real issue?

I see your point. Because as WSs we want to find the TRUTH, I propose this........we begin a thread that discusses in detail aspects of the case that the defense could argue as well as information that they could use to their advantage including, but not limited to, interpretation of tests, analysis, and evidence thus far. I think that posting those theories in one place may prove helpful for everyone AND inhibit the one upmanship that continues to distract from the subject at hand. Let me see if we have one started already.

I see your point. Because as WSs we want to find the TRUTH, I propose this........we begin a thread that discusses in detail aspects of the case that the defense could argue as well as information that they could use to their advantage including, but not limited to, interpretation of tests, analysis, and evidence thus far. I think that posting those theories in one place may prove helpful for everyone AND inhibit the one upmanship that continues to distract from the subject at hand. Let me see if we have one started already.

Great idea! Because even though I believe the evidence is overwhelming, the defense has to grab at whatever straws available. It would be interesting to discuss this ... as long as we don't give them any ideas!

I agree that in general LE is good. They have done an enormous amount of work in this case, as proven by the amount of documents generated. Yes, they do make errors at times. When errors are made on extremely important pieces of evidence, that is not good, especially when it is a dp case.
Here in the court of public opinion we can formulate our own opinions and most of us do.

(CLIPPED FOR BREVITY)

Very eloquently stated, and I appreciate how well thought out and written your opinions are.

It will be interesting to see how many of our opinions, thoughts, impressions will change once the trial is over.

I also have my opinion, which agrees with yours on some issues, others not so much, but that is not the purpose of my reply.

I think it is important for all of us to remember that we have received bits and pieces of documents from LE in the time frame of the last year, but not in any type of chronological order.

When it comes time for trial, all we have seen (and some we have not seen yet, I suspect) will be laid out for a jury in a chronological order, with expert testimony to substantiate the meaning to the case (from LE perspective) that will tell a story from beginning to end, as opposed to printed documents that we are left to decipher on our own.

As an analogy, if I told you about a really good book I read and wanted to share it with you, but only sent you a chapter at a time, one every couple of months, NOT in sequential order, it would be very hard to follow the story and details from beginning to end.

I believe a jury (and us!) will have a much easier time at trial time, as all these documents will be presented in sequential order, from beginning to end, and will not just be handed to a jury as a "handout" to decipher for themselves, but with relevance verbalized, and in a much shorter time frame than we have received them.

I will admit that I am against the death penalty in general. I dont beleive two wrongs make a right. So we are looking at it in two different ways. I may be against the death penalty, but I would never try to stop it. I understand that families need piece of mind. So therefore if we are going to have a death penalty, lets make sure we have the right person. Having the wrong person could be devastating to the families.

When you say that she killed her daughter you are basing that on evidence collected by human beings. You were not there when it happened and so you dont know who did it. No one in this forum knows for sure.

Those human beings (LE) must be put to the test to satisfy our need to have a death penalty. I am putting them to the test and I know that is a very unpopular thing to do, but someone has to do it and you should appreciate it.

Now I appreciate your input. It makes me think. We are good for each other, but you seem to get emotional about it. I believe this can be constructive debate if we work at it. The whole truth and nothing but the truth includes the good side and the bad side of the argument.

I am neither for nor against the DP. I would however, rather let 5 criminals go free than to put one wrong person to death.

After revieweing the most recent documents, it is my opinon that the prosecution may take the death penalty back off the table, but I think there is a different thread for that line of discussion.

Great idea! Because even though I believe the evidence is overwhelming, the defense has to grab at whatever straws available. It would be interesting to discuss this ... as long as we don't give them any ideas!

I think it is also a great idea and wouldn't worry too much about giving JoseBGood any reason to think he IS good because with the group we have here at WS, any possible defense will automatically be debunked with links as back up!!! :dance:

Very good idea. You could call it What IF YOU were the defense attorney.

With the vast intelligence that lingers in these forums, I am sure there would be a number of interesting points that would surface. I agree that a thread such as this may eliminate some of the distractions that seem to occur in almost every thread.

JWG, are both model #s discussed in the Henkel document described as having the "200 degree" logo printed on the tape?

Well, now that you ask, the FD30 product spec sheets do not say the logo is printed on the tape. If that is in fact the case, then only the tape sold in 2004 - 2007 has the logo. However, I do have an email from Henkels that - when shown the image of the tape - replied that it was their FD30 tape.

(CLIPPED FOR BREVITY)

Very eloquently stated, and I appreciate how well thought out and written your opinions are.

It will be interesting to see how many of our opinions, thoughts, impressions will change once the trial is over.

I also have my opinion, which agrees with yours on some issues, others not so much, but that is not the purpose of my reply.

I think it is important for all of us to remember that we have received bits and pieces of documents from LE in the time frame of the last year, but not in any type of chronological order.

When it comes time for trial, all we have seen (and some we have not seen yet, I suspect) will be laid out for a jury in a chronological order, with expert testimony to substantiate the meaning to the case (from LE perspective) that will tell a story from beginning to end, as opposed to printed documents that we are left to decipher on our own.

As an analogy, if I told you about a really good book I read and wanted to share it with you, but only sent you a chapter at a time, one every couple of months, NOT in sequential order, it would be very hard to follow the story and details from beginning to end.

I believe a jury (and us!) will have a much easier time at trial time, as all these documents will be presented in sequential order, from beginning to end, and will not just be handed to a jury as a "handout" to decipher for themselves, but with relevance verbalized, and in a much shorter time frame than we have received them.
I find that as time goes by and new documents are released my thoughts about what happened change.In the very beginning I thought there had been an accident and KC would eventually fold.Then the stealing info came out and the no job /no nanny .The A's started behaving badly and continue,which reflects badly on the case.The decomp and hair in the trunk and more lies.The body finally found,so close to home and the DUCT TAPE,make the death even more heinous and rule out an accident completely in my mind.I imagine as more comes out my thoughts will continue to evolve and the trial will be where it all comes together.What has not changed since day 31 was my belief that KC was responsible for Caylee's death.

I looked on both henkel and shurtape sites. It appears that suretape purchased that division in 2009. I couldn't find anything that says they manufacture the tape. I saw that suretape has companies in China. Do you know who actually manufactures the tape? I am confused about the blogs on the sites or news stories, where people say it is not manufactured in Ohio, that they actually work there and all they do is package it and distribute it.

I have another question. And I have read a lot of these documents. When it says 65/35 cotton and poly, does that mean that the thread count is always the same? Do they use different rolls of cotton and poly so a person could tell if a piece of tape comes from the same roll or case? I saw that they use different lot numbers, I also saw that they make several grades of Duct tape.

Well, do note that I did not say that they manufacture the tape. :silenced: I said they are the sole source. If they wish to subcontract manufacture of the tape to 10 Chinese companies and one in Cambodia, that is their choice. The point is, they are the sole source of the tape. They own the logo, they own the product, distribution rights and - importantly - the profit and loss. If anyone wants to know how many rolls of this tape were ever made and sold, they have one place to go: Shurtape. :thumb:

Now all that aside...try this link to see a list of Shurtape manufacturing locations. :dance: Of course it won't tell you that they manufacture FD30 at any of these locations because the brand was discontinued about 2 1/2 years ago. :whistle:

I don't have much opportunity to post, but I have seen all the research and debate you all have put into the duct tape, and just wanted to say that I was cleaning out garage today, getting ready for a Halloween party and found a roll of Henkel duct tape. Don't really know if anyone has found a lot or model of it from any docs but I can say that this roll is not like any I would normally buy at the dollar store. It has numbers on outside of tape and is really shiny and has the texture of heavy duty aluminum foil but a bit stronger, not to mention that when you peel the backing off, it is very sticky.

I don't have much opportunity to post, but I have seen all the research and debate you all have put into the duct tape, and just wanted to say that I was cleaning out garage today, getting ready for a Halloween party and found a roll of Henkel duct tape. Don't really know if anyone has found a lot or model of it from any docs but I can say that this roll is not like any I would normally buy at the dollar store. It has numbers on outside of tape and is really shiny and has the texture of heavy duty aluminum foil but a bit stronger, not to mention that when you peel the backing off, it is very sticky.

Is it more "cloth like" or "metal like"?

My hubby also has a few rolls, but it is the "metal like" that he refers to as "speed tape". Guess they use it on airplanes....

Well, now that you ask, the FD30 product spec sheets do not say the logo is printed on the tape. If that is in fact the case, then only the tape sold in 2004 - 2007 has the logo. However, I do have an email from Henkels that - when shown the image of the tape - replied that it was their FD30 tape.

Yes, it does state it.

Page 4 of the specifications in the comment section.

Attachments

• henkelcomments.jpg
    henkelcomments.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 30
The roll i found is not cloth like at all, like you normally see duct tape. It is more metal like. I can give the numbers I have on outside of roll if that possibly could help anyone.

[/B]

I think it is also a great idea and wouldn't worry too much about giving JoseBGood any reason to think he IS good because with the group we have here at WS, any possible defense will automatically be debunked with links as back up!!! :dance:

Are you saying WS thinks Casey is guilty?

i do have to say tho, that any duct tape I ever bought that when you cut it off with a scissors, the scissors get sticky, this particular roll of duct tape you can VERY easily tear off with your teeth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back