GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alleged Abigail kidnapper gets a fence around his home and a possible indictment

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbc...NEWS03/140919327&source=RSS&template=printart

Although he is not scheduled to face a probable-cause hearing until November, Nathaniel E. Kibby, who the state says kidnapped Conway teenager Abigail Hernandez, may be indicted as early as Friday when grand juries convene in both Carroll County – where the crime allegedly occurred – and Coos County – where Kibby lived and may have kept Hernandez.

Alleged Abigail kidnapper gets a fence around his home and a possible indictment

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbc...NEWS03/140919327&source=RSS&template=printart

Although he is not scheduled to face a probable-cause hearing until November, Nathaniel E. Kibby, who the state says kidnapped Conway teenager Abigail Hernandez, may be indicted as early as Friday when grand juries convene in both Carroll County – where the crime allegedly occurred – and Coos County – where Kibby lived and may have kept Hernandez.

Picture seems to show a grey or silver car parked on the lot.

Informative article, thanks for posting.

"Former attorney general Phil McLaughlin said the silence of both the state and defense is understandable given the fact that Supreme Court rules prevent them from speaking publicly about ongoing cases.
The Belknap County attorney from 1979 to 1981 and the state’s attorney general from 1997 to 2002, McLaughlin acknowledged Monday that while what he has heard and read of the Kibby case makes it a “very, very unusual situation,” there is nothing unusual in the public knowing very little about the state or defense theories of the case.
“First, it would be extremely unusual for the public at this juncture to actually know what facts the state’s investigation has revealed,” said McLaughlin, who has a private practice in Laconia and Portsmouth, “and secondly, it would be equally unusual for the public to actually know what the defense attorneys know.”
Despite what has been made public and reported on, “I’ve learned over the years that almost all the time there is more that’s unreported than reported,” McLaughlin said."

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140915/NEWS03/140919327&source=RSS&template=printart

For those who were curious, per the Globe article:

She did not return to Kennett High School when classes began earlier this month.

Dru Sjodin
Alice Donovan
It is late so one name is slipping my mind right now but one victim was a woman who was abducted from a parking lot in Central Jersey around 1994.

Gail Shollar comes to mind. Truly one of the worst stories I had ever heard. Fortunately, the true actions of the perp were never covered in the media. I'd hate to think that it would ever inspire a copycat. A coworkers husband was on the force and I learned of the details through her. Though I never personally knew Gail, she frequently is in my thoughts. That's how badly I was affected by her case.

Long article in today's Boston Globe. Everything we know and some new details in one package.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/09/18/kibby/zUWB3RIcyz3cVshBzO6D5K/story.html

For those who were curious, per the Globe article:

She did not return to Kennett High School when classes began earlier this month.

With not a lot going on I was reviewing the latest info and that Globe article. I must have missed that Kibby had cameras in the windows of his trailer;

"But Bob Chapman, who sold it to him, remembers there was something odd when he delivered the heavy metal unit. “There were cameras in every window of the trailer looking out. One in front, two on the side, and more in the back, recording. We just thought it was him being weird.”

“Everyone can Monday night quarterback, but we had nothing to go off of at the time, said Gorham police Officer Eric Benjamin."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/09/18/kibby/zUWB3RIcyz3cVshBzO6D5K/story.html

Prayers and hugs for Abby and Mom.

:cow:

Gail Shollar comes to mind. Truly one of the worst stories I had ever heard. Fortunately, the true actions of the perp were never covered in the media. I'd hate to think that it would ever inspire a copycat. A coworkers husband was on the force and I learned of the details through her. Though I never personally knew Gail, she frequently is in my thoughts. That's how badly I was affected by her case.

Yes, Gail was the victim's name I couldn't recall. My aunt was on the jury for her murderer's trial.

With not a lot going on I was reviewing the latest info and that Globe article. I must have missed that Kibby had cameras in the windows of his trailer;

"But Bob Chapman, who sold it to him, remembers there was something odd when he delivered the heavy metal unit. “There were cameras in every window of the trailer looking out. One in front, two on the side, and more in the back, recording. We just thought it was him being weird.”

“Everyone can Monday night quarterback, but we had nothing to go off of at the time, said Gorham police Officer Eric Benjamin."

Prayers and hugs for Abby and Mom.

Makes you wonder if they were able to gather any evidence off his own video surveillance! Certainly, he would have destroyed or taped over any footage, but hopefully not!

Could simply have been live feed surveillance of the perimeter of the property surrounding trailer. If so there would be no tapes to destroy. That would afford him the opportunity to see from inside the trailer anyone approaching his territory from a distance and secure anything or anyone that may need securing or hiding before any visitor got too close to the property.

Just speculation on the cameras reported in the windows of the trailer.

Could simply have been live feed surveillance of the perimeter of the property surrounding trailer. If so there would be no tapes to destroy. That would afford him the opportunity to see from inside the trailer anyone approaching his territory from a distance and secure anything or anyone that may need securing or hiding before any visitor got too close to the property.

Just speculation on the cameras reported in the windows of the trailer.

Could be, but he reported for work every day during this time so a live feed would not tell him what goes on while at work, unless he had remote monitoring. Seems a bit sophisticated? The cameras were in his windows, not real high tech. He purchased the container a year after he moved in in 2009 so, in 2010 he had the cameras. We don't know if he still had vid surveillance during Abby's alleged captivity, but I am hopeful. That would be a huge reason for the prosecution to keep a tight lid on their evidence before a probable cause hearing as they have.

It's a big mystery at this time but it will all play out eventually, IMO

Could be, but he reported for work every day during this time so a live feed would not tell him what goes on while at work, unless he had remote monitoring. Seems a bit sophisticated? The cameras were in his windows, not real high tech. He purchased the container a year after he moved in in 2009 so, in 2010 he had the cameras. We don't know if he still had vid surveillance during Abby's alleged captivity, but I am hopeful. That would be a huge reason for the prosecution to keep a tight lid on their evidence before a probable cause hearing as they have.

It's a big mystery at this time but it will all play out eventually, IMO

Right! And I can imagine ole crazy wanted to be able to see and review just what was going on! We can only hope he used an online provider that keeps so much data banked! That would be lucky, but unlikely, considering what he was hiding.

Right! And I can imagine ole crazy wanted to be able to see and review just what was going on! We can only hope he used an online provider that keeps so much data banked! That would be lucky, but unlikely, considering what he was hiding.

So then I wonder /wander to what the K-9 team searching the river behind the trailer park found in the water,,,,

A CD, VHS or flash drive?

Exactly. He had to slip up somewhere, sometime, somehow and his video would be great to get a hold of. Would love if he screwed up with that.

One year ago today, Abby's nightmare began. While relief she's back home safely with her loved ones, she remains in my thoughts and prayers as this day is no doubt embedded deep. May she find peace today, and enjoy something she truly loves, like maybe that horseback ride!!

I have to keep telling myself that just getting home for her doesn't make it "over". Tons of healing. The trial will no doubt open up old wounds, making the healing take longer and be more painful. I truly hope she is doing well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back