GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM, Thanks.

While I agree with your initial assessment, on what do you base your theory of Stockholm Syndrome ( bonding with a captor)? And on what basis do we come to the conclusion that there was some kind of 'oath'?:

Because the sketch and description of her kidnapper were so far off base, it seems intentional.

Just curious where things stand with the trial etc. Between not understanding nuances of the law, and being from a country where things are processed differently, just wondered where things are. What is scheduled to happen next? And when?

The two grand juries thing is confusing to me. One state and one federal? Two different counties of criminal activity? All in regards to Abigail's case or for her case and additional non related charges?

Why two?

Two grand juries because this happened across two counties?
Or because there are two victims, one currently unknown?

The two grand juries thing is confusing to me. One state and one federal? Two different counties of criminal activity? All in regards to Abigail's case or for her case and additional non related charges?

Why two?

I thought it was because one GJ is in Coos County and one is in Carroll County.

<snip>
"Nathaniel E. Kibby may be indicted on charges related to the kidnapping of Conway teenager Abigail Hernandez as early as Friday, when grand juries convene in both Carroll and Coos counties."

"The crime allegedly occurred in Conway, which is in Carroll County. Gorham, where Kibby lived and authorities say may have kept Hernandez, is in Coos"

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbc...NEWS03/140919327&source=RSS&template=printart

<snip>
"Grand juries in the two counties where Hernandez was allegedly kidnapped and held are scheduled to meet Friday. While some observers expect that additional charges will be brought against Kibby, others believe the investigation into the matter could take much longer."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/09/18/kibby/zUWB3RIcyz3cVshBzO6D5K/story.html

However he has not et been indicted;

<snip>
"Associate Attorney General Jane Young responded on Oct. 10 by saying Kibby has yet to be indicted and releasing information now could "impede the investigation." She said the state is entitled to keep information confidential during the pre-indictment stage."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/117542-hearing-on-kibby-arrest-warrant-scheduled

Feeding my :cow:

Some information from the arrest warrant for Kibby was revealed today:

http://www.wmur.com/news/prosecutors-teen-waited-week-to-reveal-alleged-kidnappers-name/29682982

The paperwork released Wednesday was heavily redacted, with about half the text in the five-page document whited out. The newly released material sheds no light on how [AH] vanished or how she returned home. Nor does it address any trauma she may have suffered.

The court papers revealed that in the week after [AH]&#8217;s return, she made a sketch of the man she said held her captive. Sometime during that week, the teen&#8217;s mother, [ZH], told investigators that her daughter &#8220;had confided in her, telling her that she did not provide law enforcement with all the necessary information and furthermore, knew who her captor was.&#8221; On July 27, [ZH] gave a detective Kibby&#8217;s name.

The excerpts indicate prosecutors believe she spent at least part of her disappearance inside Kibby&#8217;s trailer.

She told prosecutors she remembers seeing a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence on Kibby&#8217;s wall. According to the excerpts, a state trooper who&#8217;d made several trips to Kibby&#8217;s home before [AH]&#8217;s disappearance recalled a framed government document inside the residence.

Interesting reading. What stood out to me was the bit about the letter she wrote to her mother and her boyfriend.....that is the first mention I've read of it involving her boyfriend. I know the contents were not released when the letter was sent, but I've only heard it described as a letter to her mother.
I do hope she is healing throughout this unfolding drama.

From the above link:

"On July 27, Abigail told Zenya that she knew her captor's identity since Oct. 9, 2013. Zenya then contacted police and told them that Abigail told her Nate Kibby from Gorham, N.H. kidnapped her. Abigail then did an in-depth interview with Conway Police and said she knew her captor's identity because at one point he had handed her a cookbook with the name "Nate Kibby" written inside. She said he also given her a ruler with the initials N.E.K. on it.

The affidavit also said the Abigail told detectives that Kibby's residence had a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence on the wall and a leopard print blanket on the bed. New Hampshire State Police said that during an older response to Kibby's home and officer had seen a framed government document on the wall."

Thanks for posting.

I think the last paragraph says it all: (jmo)

"45) Based on the foregoing information and my training and experience there is probable cause to believe that on or about October 9, 2013, Nathaniel Kibby (DOB: 07/15/1980, at 4 Brookside Drive in Gorham, NH, committed the crime of kidnapping, in that he knowingly confined A H (age 14 at the time), with the purpose to commit an offense against her."

Slightly O/T, I recently came across the Houston Mass Murders, and Dean Corll (link for reference below):

WARNING EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll

I could not help but be reminded of Abby when I read the part about the letters:
(ugh, can't find it now (still looking), but I could have sworn DC made at least one of his victims write a letter to his family stating he was ok)

From the above link:

"On July 27, Abigail told Zenya that she knew her captor's identity since Oct. 9, 2013. Zenya then contacted police and told them that Abigail told her Nate Kibby from Gorham, N.H. kidnapped her. Abigail then did an in-depth interview with Conway Police and said she knew her captor's identity because at one point he had handed her a cookbook with the name "Nate Kibby" written inside. She said he also given her a ruler with the initials N.E.K. on it.

The affidavit also said the Abigail told detectives that Kibby's residence had a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence on the wall and a leopard print blanket on the bed. New Hampshire State Police said that during an older response to Kibby's home and officer had seen a framed government document on the wall."

So, he did bring her inside his trailer, I guess, and that's where she presumably saw the local paper too?

So some speculated correctly that Abigail gave misleading info at first and then revealed his identity. The portion after that revelation is heavily redacted. It is simply my own opinion that there was no stockholm syndrome at play. There was sheer terror and that threats of harm to her family and particularly her mom and little sister were likely used.

I wonder if the shipping container had some sort of makeshift kitchen in it.

Re-do this post. So, he gave her the cookbook on the day he kidnapped her?
No, he gave her the cookbook at some point during her captivity.

See Attachment A, number 25, to the arrest warrant. It states "During the interview, A___________ told investigators that she knew it was Nate Kibby who held her captive because at one point during her confinement, he handed her a cookbook that had Nate Kibby written inside. He also provided her with a ruler that had the initials NEK written on it."

http://www.wmur.com/blob/view/-/29683388/data/1/-/c24tyjz/-/Kibby-arrest-warrant-affidavit.pdf

Attachments

• abigail hernandez.jpg
    abigail hernandez.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 428

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members