GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What went thru my mind reading all that was it doesn't change the fact that he had a minor in his home! No arguments about whether cables on doors had a power source, or interviews about family dynamics, or anything else can change the fact he held a minor in his home!

Whom he (allegedly) raped over 180 times. I think it's a good idea that he stick with this defense - it's utter hogwash - and it'll surely guarantee that he goes to jail for a long, long, time.

OMG :please: let this actually happen.

It would be so good if AH did not have to go through a trial and testifying. I really would like to spare her reliving it all and being cross examined if possible.

She suffered so much so long. It kills me that she is faced with having to testify in depth as to what specifically she was subjected to all those months.

A plea deal is the best possible thing IMO

This is awesome! I'm so glad AH doesn't have to go through a trial.

Wonder what made this happen?

feed stopped. He was pleading to 7 charges. The prosecutor was reading facts of case and it must have been too graphic to continue. She was walking home from school he stopped asked if she wanted a ride. I am so disgusted by what he did to her. Hearing it out loud was crushing.

This should help AH immensely, I cannot imagine how long and hard the road to recovery is and has been for her. Having to relive what were allegations thru a trial was enough to make one sick. I'm so glad this is not happening now. I hope she is doing well.
I wonder what possessed NK to take this step?
Prayers for you AH and your family!

Apparently there were clues in the letter she sent to her mom-thats why we never saw it.

@WMUR9 Prosecution is recommending 45 to 90 years for Nathaniel Kibby.

@ColleenNH1 In exchange for guilty plea on 7 indictments, #Kibby will not face federal charges. Gets 45-90 years.

@DanielleWaugh Kibby rises. Confirms he accepts responsibility for 7 charges. Says he does not have any other questions

@ColleenNH1 Victim is giving impact statement.

@tvnewzted Now: Victim is speaking now at podium at Kibby sentencing "What he did affects me on a day to day basis".

@DanielleWaugh she says she is now afraid to tell people what her name is

@DanielleWaugh Victim; it was not my choice for you to rape and threaten me. Sometimes I still feel like I am chained, not completely free

@DanielleWaugh Victim thanks Kibby for giving her her freedom back. Incredibly powerful impact statement

@DanielleWaugh Judge: sentences #NathanielKibby to minimum 45 years, maximum 90 years prison.

@tvnewzted NEW: Judge gives 45 to 90 years to Kibby based on the plea deal. Ordered to be in sex offender treatment program in prison

@ColleenNH1 #Kibby is handcuffed, led out of courtroom

:jail: :jail: :jail:

I am just overwhelmed. This is so what I had hoped and prayed for. She is spared the ordeal of a long drawn out trial and making every detail public.

Her statement was simply poignant. Hearing her voice was so moving I just can't read or write much until I gather myself.

Thank you everyone for keeping up with the thread and keeping it alive as this survivor is alive.
:loveyou:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evil.unmasked