GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, did she return by train or did someone drop her off?

I thought it was possibly by vehicle.... now IN MY OPINION, just so we are clear on that.... I think what LE is looking for in the footage is how did abby get to north south road..... she had to have told them that for them to be requesting video footage of that area during a specific time frame which leads me to believe that someone in a vehicle left her in that area and that she was on foot from there..... that is my take on the AG's press release and request for info from the public that may have seen her in that area.... sounds to me she was on foot

ETA... I have NO info stating anything about a train or any footage from a train or anywhere.... just that they are looking for and looking through video footage......

But runaways DO live in groups, on the streets and in shelters, all over the country. No one is officially helping them in a criminal way. Food banks will feed people without interrogating them. Not saying this happened, but technically, she could have gone to NYC, for example, to join in the Oct 9 anniversary of John Lennon's birthday, for all we know, and decided to stay on with a group of street kids she met there. That would not necessarily involve a criminal act on the part of any adult.

That's why I wrote 'unless' :) Those are the only 3 non-criminal scenarios I could think of.

I know they give those bags away for free at all the big fairs in my state. They have a booth and hand out brochures and other merchandise as well. Hadn't she just gone to the fair the weekend prior to going missing?

I used to hang with a few "street kids" growing up. They were teenagers who essentially lived on their own. They went from crash pad to crash pad, sometimes sleeping in a car or sometimes camping. They would spange to get money or have the occasional odd job. They sometimes ate at the mission.

One thing all of them had in common? None of their parents were looking for them. The one thing those kids would have wanted more than anything on earth was a mother and a father begging them to come home with no questions asked and to tell them they would not be in trouble.

Well wasn't Shawn Hornbeck having access to writing materials and a stamp significant too? I do not understand how people on a site called websleuths would blow something like that off. Lemme give you the opposite case so that you can tell that having access to paper, an envelope, and a stamp is not significant: Ariel Castro's victims would never have gotten such a thing. If a kidnapping victim sends a letter then that is huge.

Back to Abby. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the family did not get the letter in a timely fashion. We do not know what the letter said, but this was only a couple of weeks after Abby left, and maybe there was enough in there that the family thought 1) that Abby was coming home very, very soon, or 2) that based on the contents of the letter, they could just track Abby down on there own and bring her back themselves. Then maybe after a couple of weeks it really hit them that Abby was not coming back and that they were not going to be successful in finding her on their own, so they finally decide to contact LE. And, of course, since LE clearly and repeatedly told them that they needed to immediately know about any contact from Abby, they just said "oh we just barely got this letter". Just my theory.

Well, the family didn't get the letter in a timely fashion (according to the press conference)--her mom got it Nov 6, 2 wks after postdate. But LE also "took possession" of the letter that same day, according to the PC.

Still wondering what city/town was on that postmark.

I was thinking the same thing. One thing that occurred to me: perhaps this National Guard back had just been given to Abby right before she disappeared, or she had been keeping it hidden in her room for some reason. The bag is distinctive if you know what it looks like and can describe it to the public. However, if her mother had never seen or noticed it before, there is nothing really distinctive or recognizable about the bag in the surveillance still-shot (it is poor quality, and from the angle shown you would not be able to see that it says 'National Guard'). We have all wondered why we were never given a description of the backpack and told to keep a look out for it. Maybe because Zenya had never seen the backpack and could not describe anything identifying about it. I certainly wouldn't know how to describe the backpack as seen in the school surveillance shot other than a generic backpack. IDK.

I would think if it was a brand new bag, someone at school would notice. Girls usually know every new item, even an eyeshadow color! Mom might not have seen it (which is also kind of hard to believe), but certainly, at school, girls could have described it if it just popped up that day!

Just asked a question in Abby 's thread in the parking lot if anyone knows the answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon