GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did not send it to the house she sent it to, mom's p.o. box.

Thanks for that; so mom had a P.O. Box?

I was quoting this link (photo 19/27 in the timeline slideshow) that said the letter arrived at her mother's house:

At a press conference Dec. 6, authorities announced that Abigail sent her mother a letter that was postmarked Oct. 23. The letter didn't arrive at her mother's house until Nov. 6. The letter is the only contact Abigail has had with her mother.
http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/photos-missing-14yearold-girl-from-conwa/22366734#!bkFu9t

Bringing this forward.

ATTENTION PLEASE: The pregnancy discussion is OFF THE TABLE unless you have a valid link to support your speculation.

This is a minor child here. The internet is forever.

Please post respectfully.

Salem

Isn't it kind of strange that she had access to a pen and paper and most mysterious of all, a STAMP, and was allowed to send mail?

What was done to conceal the location? LE never said where it was postmarked, never told that town to keep and extra eye out for Abby, what if it was Oregon or something? Were they trying to protect her or what? This is sooooo confusing.

Excellent post. I think of all the cases we have that are unsolved where we have just this desperate prayer that the person be found, in the case of young people, often begging them to come home, no questions asked.

Yet now that we have a bona fide miracle, a once in a million outcome in a case if the magnitude, there is sudden angry demands? Allegations? Speculation?

I know LE is doing their job. No one except LE and Abby's family is entitled to know anything except that she is safe and LE is doing their job. I would love answers. But I don't sweat over these cases or work to find someone in order to earn a right to info. I just want them to be found safe and back with family.

These cases are agonizing. I'm so thankful this little girl is okay.

Me too, friend!!!!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly. I've often written comments on WS, to the effect of, "Just come back. No one will judge you, or be mad at you, just come back to your family - NOTHING is beyond fixing."

On the flip side, I understand the desire to KNOW...for answers.

With LE still asking for video footage, or anyone who had possibly seen her getting dropped off/walking - it's clear that LE still needs the assistance/cooperation of the public.
We can still help, and care for Abigail, without answers.

JMO, WS friends :)

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Isn't it kind of strange that she had access to a pen and paper and most mysterious of all, a STAMP, and was allowed to send mail?

What was done to conceal the location? LE never said where it was postmarked, never told that town to keep and extra eye out for Abby, what if it was Oregon or something? Were they trying to protect her or what? This is sooooo confusing.

So did Shawn Hornbeck.

It means nothing imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I just went into the media thread for this case, and the Dec. 6 press conference is no longer available (no surprise).

But I am interested in clarifying whether they said the letter arrived at the mom's "house" or a PO box. Just for fact's sake if nothing else.

A crime MUST have been committed. There is no other possibility. There was a teenage girl missing, and living somewhere else.

Unless she was with a gang of homeless teenagers squatting in an abandoned home, or totally surviving the harsh cold winters completely on her own, or abducted by aliens what else is there?

Could she have lied to some man and passed herself off as being over 18? Highly highly unlikely unless this person had some form of mental retardation. Otherwise he would have known better, or suspected something.

I made a post earlier I dunno what happened to it but there are several shelters for troubled teens in Massachusetts. They take teens as young as 14 and let them live there until they are 20, with or WITHOUT parental consent depending on the circumstances. They also provide health care so they are protected from sharing any info by the HIPAA laws.

Kind of reminds me like in the old days when teens got pregnant and went off to a convent and then returned 9 months later.

In all of this mess I don't for a minute think any crime was committed by Abby herself. She is a child.

So, just listened to the Youtube news conference, and the spokeswoman said a letter from Abby “was received by Zenya on Nov. 6.” No mention--at least during press conference--as to whether sent to house or post office box.

Apparently media reported variously later that the letter arrived at a PO Box or at the house.

So AH had this handbag inside the larger 'National Guard' bag in the school surveillance camera photo? Strange thing this 'National Guard' bag was never really mentioned before, it's pretty distinctive.

I was thinking the same thing. One thing that occurred to me: perhaps this National Guard back had just been given to Abby right before she disappeared, or she had been keeping it hidden in her room for some reason. The bag is distinctive if you know what it looks like and can describe it to the public. However, if her mother had never seen or noticed it before, there is nothing really distinctive or recognizable about the bag in the surveillance still-shot (it is poor quality, and from the angle shown you would not be able to see that it says 'National Guard'). We have all wondered why we were never given a description of the backpack and told to keep a look out for it. Maybe because Zenya had never seen the backpack and could not describe anything identifying about it. I certainly wouldn't know how to describe the backpack as seen in the school surveillance shot other than a generic backpack. IDK.

Unless she wrote the letter and put in a stamped addressed envelope even before she went missing? That way, she just needed to drop it into a letter box whenever she passed one.

This is really bugging me and confusing me but the Daily Mail is claiming the high school security footage is Abby returning this week from a train station.

But now I am wondering if she did return by train and they just have published the wrong photo?

And, did she return by train or did someone drop her off?

A crime MUST have been committed. There is no other possibility. There was a teenage girl missing, and living somewhere else.

Unless she was with a gang of homeless teenagers squatting in an abandoned home, or totally surviving the harsh cold winters completely on her own, or abducted by aliens what else is there?

Could she have lied to some man and passed herself off as being over 18? Highly highly unlikely unless this person had some form of mental retardation. Otherwise he would have known better, or suspected something.

I made a post earlier I dunno what happened to it but there are several shelters for troubled teens in Massachusetts. They take teens as young as 14 and let them live there until they are 20, with or WITHOUT parental consent depending on the circumstances. They also provide health care so they are protected from sharing any info by the HIPAA laws.

Kind of reminds me like in the old days when teens got pregnant and went off to a convent and then returned 9 months later.

In all of this mess I don't for a minute think any crime was committed by Abby herself. She is a child.

But runaways DO live in groups, on the streets and in shelters, all over the country. No one is officially helping them in a criminal way. Food banks will feed people without interrogating them. Not saying this happened, but technically, she could have gone to NYC, for example, to join in the Oct 9 anniversary of John Lennon's birthday, for all we know, and decided to stay on with a group of street kids she met there. That would not necessarily involve a criminal act on the part of any adult.

But runaways DO live in groups, on the streets and in shelters, all over the country. No one is officially helping them in a criminal way. Food banks will feed people without interrogating them. Not saying this happened, but technically, she could have gone to NYC, for example, to join in the Oct 9 anniversary of John Lennon's death, for all we know, and decided to stay on with a group of street kids she met there. That would not necessarily involve a criminal act on the part of any adult.

I have thought this was a good possibility throughout Abby's case, once we heard there had been some communication. However, her returning in the same outfit, which, most notably appears to be in good condition doesn't seem to fit this theory. Hmm..

I'm wondering....if she has been "debriefed" and medically cleared by a hospital, seen by CPS as IMO is quite routine in the few rare cases like this.

Sometimes it's days before reunification with family occurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unsure that she was medically evaluated then reunited with family. Thought she showed up at home and mom called LE to let them know. Stranger than strange.

Heads up! New thread coming in a few minutes. This one will then be locked.

Oh goodness I forgot about him....so right.

That Stockholm syndrome is a real and frightening thing. Ugh....

I don't think Stockholm Syndrome is the right way to describe Shawn Hornbeck or what may be going on with Abigail. Shawn was controlled by threats and fear. Stockholm Syndrome implies a development of sympathy and empathy for a captor. Shawn didn't learn to like his captor, he feared him.

Well wasn't Shawn Hornbeck having access to writing materials and a stamp significant too? I do not understand how people on a site called websleuths would blow something like that off. Lemme give you the opposite case so that you can tell that having access to paper, an envelope, and a stamp is not significant: Ariel Castro's victims would never have gotten such a thing. If a kidnapping victim sends a letter then that is huge.

Back to Abby. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the family did not get the letter in a timely fashion. We do not know what the letter said, but this was only a couple of weeks after Abby left, and maybe there was enough in there that the family thought 1) that Abby was coming home very, very soon, or 2) that based on the contents of the letter, they could just track Abby down on there own and bring her back themselves. Then maybe after a couple of weeks it really hit them that Abby was not coming back and that they were not going to be successful in finding her on their own, so they finally decide to contact LE. And, of course, since LE clearly and repeatedly told them that they needed to immediately know about any contact from Abby, they just said "oh we just barely got this letter". Just my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member