GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AbbyCLOTHES.jpg
Link please.

http://www.wmur.com/news/excitement-questions-greet-missing-girls-return/27090650#!bkCuDo

from that article on WMUR "Tuesday afternoon, police released images of the clothes Abby was wearing when she returned Sunday night and urged anyone who saw her in the area of North South Road between 10-10:30 p.m. to call state police at 603-271-3636 or Conway police at 603-356-5715."

From the Conway Daily Sun http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/115417-abby-s-return-remains-a-mystery

"Law enforcement also asked if anyone saw a woman wearing a multicolored sweatshirt and black pants on the North-South Road between 10 and 10:30 Sunday night. The outfit appears to be similar to the one she wore on the day she disappeared, based on school security footage of her walking down the school's hall on Oct. 9.
"Investigators continue to conduct interviews and review videotape surveillance from the businesses in the area surrounding the Hernandez home in order to gain answers to the many questions surrounding the disappearance and return of Abigail," the statement reads."

Also here is the Press Release in its entirety I received in my email through my job...... not sure if the pictures that came with the press release are attached, (I tried) :)

Released By: Joseph A. Foster, Attorney General

Subject: Abigail Hernandez Update

Date: July 22, 2014

Associate Attorney General

Chief, Criminal Bureau

Cell: (603) 545-9282

Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, Conway Police Chief Edward Wagner, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert Quinn and FBI Supervisory Senior Resident Agent in Charge William Scott O’Donnell announce that the investigation into the facts and circumstances regarding the disappearance of Abigail Hernandez remains on-going. Investigators continue to conduct interviews and review videotape surveillance from the businesses in the area surrounding the Hernandez home in order to gain answers to the many questions surrounding the disappearance and return of Abigail. The police are asking that if anyone saw Abigail Hernandez or a female wearing the clothing and drawstring bag in the attached photos in the area of North South Road, Sunday evening between 10:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to contact the State Police at (603) 271-3636 or the Conway police at (603) 356-5715.

While law enforcement officials are seeking answers to their many questions regarding the circumstances of Abigail’s disappearance on October 9, 2013, at the time of her disappearance Abigail was 14 years of age and had no known means to facilitate her disappearance or provide herself with shelter, meals and other necessities over the ensuing nine months. Should the investigation reveal evidence that a person or persons were involved with Abigail’s disappearance and/or detainment or concealment, then the appropriate criminal charge(s) will be brought. Until such time that law enforcement officials have a comprehensive understanding of the facts surrounding Abigail’s disappearance and nine month absence, there will be no further press briefings.

I never claimed to be an insider.... I am a journalist... and I provide links when asked and also the entire goal here should be first, glad abby is home and second let LE do their job, give Abby a break.... this is a child we are talking about here

Doesn't he have his own radio show?

Obviously, I still haven't gotten the hang of the new system. This was in reply to TakeitfromMe, and her questioning of credentials.

Sorry.

And editing yet again -- someone else already posted what I said above ^^^^ and did a much better job of it.

Yes, he's a media personality who's interviewed national figures (especially sports and political figures). His radio show is akin to the TV-style Today Show, but as it's radio, his show isn't in written but verbal form. His facebook page and twitter feed (as with other reporters and journalists) are in 'social media' but from a professional platform concerning his media broadcasts and interviews (as opposed to simple social media, or a personal page). From what I can tell he has been in the reporting business for awhile, though just being hired on by Clear Channel Communications for this Today show last year.

See link provided above with the Twitter page post or just google "Jack Heath Radio" for more detailed info if needed.

When they ask if anyone saw her Sunday night I'm guessing that means she looks pretty much the same? Otherwise how could we know it was her? The idea of the "other female" wearing the clothes (or similar) suggests either her appearance was changed or they suspect a female was involved (why else would "she" be wearing Abby's clothes?) It is very strange. I cannot see anyone letting her go unless they were certain that she could not identify them. So if she cannot provide the sought after answers it may well be she is not holding back but is uncertain herself.

Abby's a child, though, and I don't think that she owes us anything. It doesn't matter how many times we've posted here. We're not entitled to anything, we don't deserve anything. I'd hope that people would think that they do good deeds because it is the right thing to do, and focus on that rather than how it earns them some sort of explanation after. JMO, but as well, it's a false dilemma to think that pursuing justice against someone who has committed a crime (if one has happened -- it is possible that none has, if, say, she absconded with another minor) is somehow opposed to protecting the privacy of a child. Both can be done at the same time. LE will know what happened, and they will know what to do should they encounter a similar situation down the road.

Excellent post. I think of all the cases we have that are unsolved where we have just this desperate prayer that the person be found, in the case of young people, often begging them to come home, no questions asked.

Yet now that we have a bona fide miracle, a once in a million outcome in a case if the magnitude, there is sudden angry demands? Allegations? Speculation?

I know LE is doing their job. No one except LE and Abby's family is entitled to know anything except that she is safe and LE is doing their job. I would love answers. But I don't sweat over these cases or work to find someone in order to earn a right to info. I just want them to be found safe and back with family.

These cases are agonizing. I'm so thankful this little girl is okay.

I don't even care...I'm thrilled she is now safe and alive!

No matter how it happened, this story does have the happiest of endings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, friend!!!!!!!

Syracuse, NY. Well, DeWitt, actually, but unless you've every lived in Central NY, that means nothing, so let's go with Syracuse. It's the town next door and even people in DeWitt say it's Syracuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

It's happened before, I remember that case in upstate NY years ago. The guy held girls for months and then just let them go. The police did not believe their stories until one girl was able convince them she had been taken and kept in a basement. Rochester NY I think? The girls couldn't ID the house because they never saw the outside.

Look at the girls in Cleveland, they were in a well populated area not some farm in the middle of nowhere. We have no idea what condition Abby is in. I only hope that she was not abused.

If she ran off with a boy who said he cared about her, she may have believed him at first.

My thoughts have been from the beginning that it would be nearly impossible for a parent, friends, law enforcement etc not to know who she left with if she was a partner in it. Between the computer and cell phone records they had to know. Why was a name never released? Every similar case we saw after she went missing the mans name was always revealed.

That is why I still believe she was either not involved in going missing, or NH law enforcement botched this from day one.

When they ask if anyone saw her Sunday night I'm guessing that means she looks pretty much the same? Otherwise how could we know it was her? The idea of the "other female" wearing the clothes (or similar) suggests either her appearance was changed or they suspect a female was involved (why else would "she" be wearing Abby's clothes?) It is very strange. I cannot see anyone letting her go unless they were certain that she could not identify them. So if she cannot provide the sought after answers it may well be she is not holding back but is uncertain herself.

I think it's possible Abby was threatened and is afraid to say what happened to her or who had her. If she was abducted, maybe her captor threatened to harm her family if she said anything.

Why are people complaining that she may have been happy and healthy for nine months?
Wouldn't that be the best possible outcome?
Wouldn't it be amazing if she was at DisneyWorld having the time of her life for that whole time?
Riding roller coasters and hanging out with Mickey?
I would much rather that, no matter how much tax and private funds were spent in an effort to find her than for her to have been kidnapped and victimized in some way. And that money is never wasted looking for a child, no matter what the circumstances involved, because it provides valuable experience and training for the next time a child goes missing, and as we know around here, sadly, there is always a next time.

Would it suck for her parents if she took off and just partied for 9 months? Sure. Would they be hurt? Sure. Do you think for one second they'd prefer the alternative was true? I don't. I would rather a safe, sane and unharmed child who was grounded until her 20th high school reunion than a child who had been victimized.

I am NOT saying that I think Abigail vanished on her own. I'm just shocked at some of the press and forum responses.

She is alive. She is home. I'm pretty sure the Murrays and the Maitlands would give anything to be that lucky, even if it meant finding out they had an insolent and inconsiderate child.

Jane E. Young, an associate attorney general in New Hampshire, said police are also looking for additional video of the Hernandez home and asked nearby residents who have video security systems to provide tapes to investigators.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/22/investigators-abigail-hernandez-case-reviewing-surveillance-video/EcvnVIEFQnR4NA5rPj9kbP/story.html

this is troubling. Stepping back for a minute til more info is available. Not sure what is going on here but something is not right. Before I go speculating a bunch of stuff I think I need to think and weigh my thoughts very carefully. There are implications in this appeal for video of the family home. MOO

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Going back months now, when the letter she wrote to her mum became public, and then her dad stating that she had run away in his opinion, and was posting public messages to her .... I did wonder at the time if maybe he or his family had helped her run away, due to problems at home. It just seemed that the panic was coming from her mum's side, and it seemed a lot calmer from the dad's side if that makes sense - plus I wondered if there was any hidden message/significance in the bible passages he posted. I also wondered if the family had received any further communications which they hadn't shared with the police..... along the lines of her saying that the messages would stop if they got passed on.

Obviously I have no idea what really did happen, just sharing something that was going round my head at the time. Its probably all rubbish, but at the time there were no clues at all, so my head was taking me to all sorts of bizarre situations!

That said, I'm still leaning towards this being someone she knew, and she wasn't kidnapped.

MOO.

I've been reading an article that had a timeline for this case in photo format (see link above photos)...and was puzzled by two pictures that came up. Hoping someone here who was following this case last year can help me out. From the timeline, it was reported that Abby might be wearing this purse and this necklace:

I'm just curious about these photos. I can see maybe having a photo on hand for the necklace that might have disappeared with her--it's still in a gift box and perhaps someone took a sentimental picture of it at the time it was received. But the handbag photo strikes me as odd. Who has a photo in their picture collection (or wherever this came from) of just a filled-and-being-used handbag lying on a desk? Why did LE think AH "may have had this handbag in her possession?" Was it mentioned where these photos came from? TIA

Link please.

Excitement, questions greet missing girl's return. N. Conway residents glad Abby Hernandez back home safe
UPDATED 3:46 AM EDT Jul 23, 2014

Click on show transcript

INVESTIGATORS ARE ONCE AGAIN ASKING LOCALS IF THEY RECALL SEEING ABBY ON THIS BUSY ROAD WEARING WHAT APPEARED TO BE THE SAME EXACT CLOTHE SHE WAS WEARING THE DAY SHE WENT MISSING. NEW PHOTOGRAPHS RELEASED BY INVESTIGATORS SHOW THE CLOTHING ABBY HERNANDEZ WAS WEARING AND THE BAG SHE WAS CARRYING WHEN SHE RETURNED HOME SUNDAY NIGHT. THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE SAYS IT APPEARS THESE ARE THE SAME CLOTHE SHE HAD ON, THE SAME BAG SHE HAD SHRUNK OVER HER SHOULDER, WHEN CAMERAS RECORDED HER LEAVING KENNETT HIGH SCHOOL LAST OCTOBER ON THE DAY SHE DISAPPEARED. FOR NOW THE COINCIDENCE REMAINS JUST ONE PART OF THE PUZZLE OF ABBY'S SUDDEN REAPPEARANCE.

INVESTIGATORS ARE ASKING TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE WHO SAW ABBY OR A YOUNG WOMAN WEARING THIS CLOTHING IN THE AREA OF NORTH SOUTH ROAD IN CONWAY SUNDAY NIGHT.

THEY ARE ALSO HOPING TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH A HOME OR SMALL BUSINESS SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM WITH CAMERAS RECORDING A PORTION OF THAT ROAD SUNDAY NIGHT. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR IMAGES OR VIDEO THAT MAY HAVE CAPTURED THE LAST LEG OF ABBY'S RETURN HOME, MOST IMPORTANTLY WHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN WITH HER. INVESTIGATORS EMPHASIZE THAT HERNANDEZ DID NOT HAVE THE MEANS TO FACILITATE HER OWN DISAPPEARANCE NOR THE ABILITY TO PROVIDE FOR HERSELF. WHO IT WAS THAT WITH A WITH HER OR PROVIDED FOR HER REMAINS A MYSTERY.

Abby Hernandez clothes, bag

Abby-Hernandez-clothes--bag.jpg hernandezKHS-jpg.jpg

I've been reading an article that had a timeline for this case in photo format (see link above photos)...and was puzzled by two pictures that came up. Hoping someone here who was following this case last year can help me out. From the timeline, it was reported that Abby might be wearing this purse and this necklace:

I'm just curious about these photos. I can see maybe having a photo on hand for the necklace that might have disappeared with her--it's still in a gift box and perhaps someone took a sentimental picture of it at the time it was received. But the handbag photo strikes me as odd. Who has a photo in their picture collection (or wherever this came from) of just a filled-and-being-used handbag lying on a desk? Why did LE think AH "may have had this handbag in her possession?" Was it mentioned where these photos came from? TIA

IIRC Mom went and bought the same ones Abby had with her to show. Sorry don't have a link.

Something about this whole affair is simply not sitting right with me. I am convinced that LE and the family both never thought that Abby was kidnapped in the traditional sense. She made contact with them via a hand-written letter sent in the mail (what kid her age does that anymore?). No one is able to locate a kid that age? I mean, if she was not kidnapped in the traditional sense, then she went somewhere with someone that she knew. So a girl her age carries on a relationship (whether platonic or romantic) entirely outside of social media and her cell phone. No one can find this person just by looking through her stuff? Talking to her friends? Heck, my 15 year old niece snuck out of the house a few months back to make out with a 23 year old guy and she could not wait to brag to her friends about it the very next day (we found out that evening, of course).

This whole thing is so fishy. Nothing in what we have been told are the facts adds up to me. I am having a hard time making a reasonable scenario work here.

I am heavily leaning towards a hoax or a cover-up.

I think LE wants to know if Abby, wearing her own clothes, was seen with anyone else?? Do we know for a fact that she was wearing the same clothes she left wearing?

Makes me wonder if LE questions that it really is Abby. Just so confusing.

ETA: have LE actually seen Abby since her return?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I haven't studied all of the threads, but there are quite a few unusual communities in VT/NH/ME. Some are religious, others are more eco-based. Some are very insular and borderline cults. If Abigail somehow ended up mixed up in one of the less ethical of these groups (and some are just happy hippy peacenik places and would never take/hide/harbor a child, but others are less benign) that might explain the lack of digital trail and the handwritten note home.

IIRC Mom went and bought the same ones Abby had with her to show. Sorry don't have a link.

I remember them making that public because that purse should have been (according to mom, friends, witnesses etc.) inside her other bag with her Iphone with her and all that. So at a press conference they held they had these blown up photos of these items to ask people if they had either found these items or saw a girl with these items (the purse, necklace etc) I'm pretty sure that press conference can be found directly on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee