GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Heath @JackHeathRadio
@JackHeathRadio: Sources telling 'NH Today Show' Abigail Hernandez and her family not speaking with investigators regarding her... http://t.co/nYZq7QPjL5

Hmm. She must have been somewhat cooperative at some point to give LE the clothing she was wearing. Perhaps Zenya has gone into mama bear mode and is trying to protect her baby girl from all the scrutiny.

I gotta say, I don't blame the family for keeping this private. Now, if there is some predator out there that snatched Abigail, and they're not being compliant with LE, I would be surprised.

Instead, JMO, I think they're keeping what happened private due to protecting Abigail. Scrutiny is unbearable at times.

I think that LE should be allowed details, yes, but...give her some time. Regardless of what happened, she went through hell.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

@Dixie811 - Or it was told her clothes were evidence and at that point the family had no problem handing the items over.

Police are treating this as a criminal investigation.

They believe she was aided (fed, hidden, etc) for the past 9 months. It also seems obvious that the sweater and stretch pants she disappeared in and came home in are not what she's been wearing for the past nine months. So it would appear that she was wearing clothes someone supplied her for the interim. LE are looking for a criminally responsible adult who has harbored, fed, and clothed her and then dropped her back off on the north-south road back into town.

It would also appear that AH and family are not "cooperating" now.

click on settings at top of screen to the right near the logoff
then select signature from box down side of page at far left.

:)

I gotta say--- after looking for signs of her 9 months ago, it seems they should know every person or business in the area that has a video camera! She was dropped off the exact same place. Unless it is a 9 month or newer camera, those cameras should have been easily located and checked! **IF** the Hernandez family is not cooperating/ speaking to investigators, I can imagine how frustrated the police must be!!! It is not a one way street where you beg for help, beat down the doors of the police to do more, say more, help more, then disrespect them and tell them to take a flying leap because you don't need them anymore. Not okay. Not cool. Unacceptable.

NO ONE has said they are not cooperating...... this is a criminal investigation and if it does not come from a confirmed law enforcement source it is RUMOR..... this facebook news site being quoted from is NOT anything more than a facebook page, it is not a credible news source... can we get a mod in here???

I gotta say--- after looking for signs of her 9 months ago, it seems they should know every person or business in the area that has a video camera! She was dropped off the exact same place. Unless it is a 9 month or newer camera, those cameras should have been easily located and checked! **IF** the Hernandez family is not cooperating/ speaking to investigators, I can imagine how frustrated the police must be!!! It is not a one way street where you beg for help, beat down the doors of the police to do more, say more, help more, then disrespect them and tell them to take a flying leap because you don't need them anymore. Not okay. Not cool. Unacceptable.

I do think they should be allowed a bit of privacy, as she is a minor (and a younger one at that... not like a 17 year old... I think she was actually 14 when first missing?), but police will be more reluctant to help future missing kids' parents if they know parents won't cooperate once the child is (thankfully) found.

If I had to guess, Abby either hasn't told parents who helped/kept her, or it was a condition of hers that she would return if they didn't aid police in convicting the adult. I'm sure Abby's mom is only thinking of Abby right now (which is totally understandable) and not the overall picture (Is there a dangerous adult out there preying on other kids, etc.)

EDITED to clarify that obviously the "non cooperation" is speculative at this point, I believe, or was posted by a non-credible MSM or twitter feed.

NO ONE has said they are not cooperating...... this is a criminal investigation and if it does not come from a confirmed law enforcement source it is RUMOR..... this facebook news site being quoted from is NOT anything more than a facebook page, it is not a credible news source... can we get a mod in here???

This is a guy with a New Hampshire Today radio show--he doesn't have a print media site. I'm surprised you're not familiar with him (don't you live in NH?). If you are saying that media doesn't always get it right, I'd be the first to agree with you, as a fellow journalist. But media has always been allowed to be discussed as a source on WS.

ETA: Here are some of his shows/guests from the past year:
https://www.google.com/search?q="ja...+heath+radio"+&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

I do think they should be allowed a bit of privacy, as she is a minor (and a younger one at that... not like a 17 year old... I think she was actually 14 when first missing?), but police will be more reluctant to help future missing kids' parents if they know parents won't cooperate once the child is (thankfully) found.

If I had to guess, Abby either hasn't told parents who helped/kept her, or it was a condition of hers that she would return if they didn't aid police in convicting the adult. I'm sure Abby's mom is only thinking of Abby right now (which is totally understandable) and not the overall picture (Is there a dangerous adult out there preying on other kids, etc.)

EDITED to clarify that obviously the "non cooperation" is speculative at this point, I believe, or was posted by a non-credible MSM or twitter feed.

I don't think we get to choose to be uncooperative with the police in an investigation without being brought up on charges of hindering an investigation! Not telling the public is one thing. Not being cooperative with police is another.

And exactly!!... I never said they were not cooperative. I said **IF** and even have it all caps and starred and everything. I don't make a habit of accusing people of things, only discussing possibilities. 95% of the news articles do not have a confirmed law enforcement source, but it doesn't make it irrelevant. Law enforcement only releases a couple of sentences, so if that is all news stories were allowed to publish, we would be in trouble. I'm not giving credibility to, nor disputing the news guy on Facebook, I am only referring to the fact that "if it does not come from a confirmed law enforcement source, it is rumor" thing.

I wonder if perhaps people are confusing "not cooperating" with "unable to provide wanted information"???? It's one thing to withhold information....but what if she doesn't remember, or truly does not know. It is not too large a stretch of credulity to see how "Abby couldn't give a clear answer" becomes "Abby did not answer" which morphed into "Abby's answers are short on details" which then becomes "Abby is not providing details...."

BBM

Re-posting this since it's on a new page...

This is a guy with a New Hampshire Today radio show--he doesn't have a print media site.

https://www.google.com/search?q="ja...+heath+radio"+&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Since I believe there was further communication from Abby after the letter (how much, I don't know), I would not be surprised to learn that there were certain 'conditions' she wanted her mom to agree to prior to returning home. I'm not sold on that theory or anything, but do see it as a possibility.

Sorry, when it comes to a 14 year old girl, whether an adult tosses them in a car or coerces them in in some other way, it still counts as traditional kidnapping in my book.

If Abby did change her appearance-- hair color/cut, etc. Perhaps if that information were released in the North East US, local residents of whatever area she was staying in may recognize that it was her and come forward with information? Assuming she ever left whatever house she may have been holed up or held in and went to public places or saw neighbors.

This is a guy with a New Hampshire Today radio show--he doesn't have a print media site. I'm surprised you're not familiar with him (don't you live in NH?). If you are saying that media doesn't always get it right, I'd be the first to agree with you, as a fellow journalist. But media has always been allowed to be discussed as a source on WS.

I am in NH, I am a journalist and I have covered this story..... I know who Jack Heath is.... my point is that FACEBOOK and its posts are not credible media sources and neither are "unnamed sources" if it does NOT come from AG's office or FBI it is NOT credible it is RUMOR

no she was driven by someone, left on north south road to walk home and arrived at her mothers who contacted the police, no law enforcement found out via twitter, that is false... do you have a media link for that because I know that is not true, I am a journalist in the area.

I tried to go back in my mini iPad history to find the link, but don't know how to use it to go further back than it takes me. Does Abby have a sister? Seems tweet was from her sister, if I remember correctly. Could her sister have tweeted at same time her mom called LE and article twisted the facts?

of course they are used!!!! that does not make them credible, or confirmed information.... I would never reveal who I work for on a forum, .... personal safety! of course!!

ETA.... I made the choice NOT to become a verified WS user for my personal safety.... end of story.

Since I believe there was further communication from Abby after the letter (how much, I don't know), I would not be surprised to learn that there were certain 'conditions' she wanted her mom to agree to prior to returning home. I'm not sold on that theory or anything, but do see it as a possibility.

If that were the case, I would expect LE would have been made aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14