GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess she ran off with some adult.
Illegal as she's too young to give consent ...
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she WAS involved with an older man, and was dating the boy her own age at the time, i wonder if that would give her more reason to run and "dissapear" so that she could maybe hide whatever was going on [modsnip]? I don't know...it's just something i wondered. If it's not ok to say this, please let me know?

i can understand that sentiment. but for those who really truly cared about Abby coming home safely, I dont think it matters. The poor girl missed her freshman year in HS, had a traumatic 9 months and will live with this history forever. im just glad she's back and hope she can be happy. night.

Did she?

For all anyone knows, she may have run off with a boyfriend and spent 9 months doing what she wants, no school, having fun. In the interests of balance, she could have been with an older female, we just don't know.

Her family have had a traumatic 9 months not knowing where she was or if she was even alive, but there has been nothing released to say that Abbie was in a dangerous or traumatic situation. Of course, it may come out that she has been and the secrecy is/was to protect her safety and privacy, but at the moment I don't think anyone can say for sure what happened, as if its a fact. JMO.

I just hear this news!! I've been too busy to go online much. This is fabulous news. It is an incredible outcome. I wish more of our cases ended this way!

I think it is totally fair to the people of that town who expended money and time looking for Abby to get an explanation. It does not have to be detailed, but they deserve to know generally what happened.

Im sure they will get one eventually. Maybe not he whole story but something, at least.

so, I've been traveling and finding it hard to catch up with the whirlwind of activity of the past 48 hours. First - thank you to all who prayed for Abby's safe return. Second - I'm so happy for Abby and her family. Third - thanks to the regulars here who kept this thread going when there was no hope - MamaJoJo, Lookinghoping, Stelesheart, steelslady, skibaboo, NHgirl, jade and the countless I am forgetting etc. - it does my heart good to see so many people caring about a person they never met....you are all amazing! If Abby wants to share her story, I'd love to hear every word. If she wants to shut out the press and all outsiders, I support her 100% and hope she has a blessed and happy life. So glad to get this news and praying for a happy transition for Abby.

Beautiful post!!!

I'm thrilled she's alive.

Me too. That's all that ultimately matter...that and keeping other kids safe.

This is all so strange, but to me the letter home from her, the return in the same clothes, the police having to try to figure out where she was instead of hearing and believing what she says... it all smells like covering for a "boyfriend" to me. I think she was dropped in the same spot she was picked up because it worked! No one saw them! Safe pickup place, safe drop off place. She wanted to have contact with her family again or police were moving in too close. She doesn't want to turn in "shack-up dude" and so is refusing to give the info. It feels to me like she still has the same issues as when she left, but now the police want to know, not just her mom.

Just tell the truth, Abby. It will all be ok. If the police want to speak to him, it is because he is old enough to know better. Start a nice, healthy life with those who love you at home. In this case, the truth really will set you free.

Of course, just my opinion of this crazy situation!

Your post made me think of this case in Australia where a 14 year old gal hid for four years in her adult boufriend's house, even knowing her parents were searching for her and thought she was dead. They eventually married. I felt so sad for the parents.

My jaw is on the floor.

Welcome home, Abby.

Mine too!

I seriously thought the wrong thread had been marked "Found Safe!" (Or that having not slept at all, I was misreading the name or just imagining things!)

Wow!

Perhaps Abby was abducted or at first left on her own but was then unable to leave. Perhaps she either escaped or convinced her captors to let her go & returned home. But perhaps she isn't able/willing to tell LE or anyone else who took/kept her because of either:
1) Stockholhm Syndrome http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
2) Or she's terrified that if she implicates someone they will come back for her or kill her family (for example, Elizabeth Smart's abductor would often threaten to kill her family if she didn't cooperate). Maybe Abby negotiated her freedom by convincing her captor to let her go if she promised she wouldn't implicate him and he threatened that if she did, she and her family would be im danger. Perhaps what she saw while in the hands of this captor made her believe he was serious and capable of some bad things.

She is only 14. I could see either of these being possibilities...and could explain why the police seem to need the public's help, etc and are still trying to figure this out.
(this is all hypothetical if she was abducted or held against her will)

I am glad she is home and is safe!

Isn't she closer to sixteen now? She turned fifteen right after she disappeared, right?

Anyway I do think people need to know if an adult/predator was involved. What if there are other victims, maybe ones who were missing only a few hours or a day, who have never dared come forward? Or other attempts? Abigail could be protected at any trial, but if a crime was committed, the story will have to come out to some degree. Jmo

Mine too!

I seriously thought the wrong thread had been marked "Found Safe!" (Or that having not slept at all, I was misreading the name or just imagining things!)

Wow!

I am not even sure she was "found". She kind of just showed up. I have read that LE learned she was back home via twitter. Kind of odd.

Those adults are kidnappers then. Abby was a 14 year-old child who could not legally decide that she wanted to take off with some guy. That is why we distinguish between children and adults. If I tell a 10-year-old kid that I am going to take him to get an ice cream, and he "under his own volition" gets into my car, I have still kidnapped him. A 14 year-old is still a child. If some guy made her some promise or told her something and she "willingly" got into the car with him and has been under his control for that past 9 months, then that is a very, very serious crime. It is not just some embarrassing family secret that we now need to respect the privacy of.

The charge is called harboring a minor. There is a fine & jail time.

I am not even sure she was "found". She kind of just showed up. I have read that LE learned she was back home via twitter. Kind of odd.

no she was driven by someone, left on north south road to walk home and arrived at her mothers who contacted the police, no law enforcement found out via twitter, that is false... do you have a media link for that because I know that is not true, I am a journalist in the area.

Just keep in mind, Abby is a CHILD... who has been through something we are not privy to know yet. Wait for LE to get the answers, give Abby time to gather herself, her thoughts and just let her be until everything calms down..... the one thing we should be saying over and over is THANK GOD SHE IS HOME AND SAFE!!!! not, did she come home with a baby and all these other things I keep reading here and everywhere..... keep her in your thoughts, think positive and let LE do their job!!!!

ETA.... the facts will come out when they AG's office feels it will not endanger Abby to do so....

Is it possible AH was held for some kind of ransom that has finally been met, and now she was returned to her family?? That would explain the same clothing and being dropped off on the north south road, as well as lack of information to the public.

I don't even care...I'm thrilled she is now safe and alive!

No matter how it happened, this story does have the happiest of endings.

Abigail could or could not be cooperating with investigators. We don't know.

Because Jane Young would not discuss who LE is talking to and because LE is looking for videos and witnesses on North-South Road, many people have jumped to the conclusion that Abby isn't talking.
It could just as well mean that she has been forthcoming but LE has to verify everything she tells them or that the information she can provide is incomplete.

So many posters on MSM sites are irate at Abigail. It's too early for that. We do not know any facts other than that this young girl is now back home where she belongs. Investigators are working to establish the facts and then verify them. We have to trust that LE is conducting a thorough, professional investigation for now.

Just keep in mind, Abby is a CHILD... who has been through something we are not privy to know yet. Wait for LE to get the answers, give Abby time to gather herself, her thoughts and just let her be until everything calms down..... the one thing we should be saying over and over is THANK GOD SHE IS HOME AND SAFE!!!! not, did she come home with a baby and all these other things I keep reading here and everywhere..... keep her in your thoughts, think positive and let LE do their job!!!!

ETA.... the facts will come out when they AG's office feels it will not endanger Abby to do so....

Takeitfromme, it's time to update your signature! And thank God you can :) And I agree completely with everything you are saying about Abby's return. The rumor mill around this case is breaking my heart for Abby.

Is it possible AH was held for some kind of ransom that has finally been met, and now she was returned to her family?? That would explain the same clothing and being dropped off on the north south road, as well as lack of information to the public.

Welcome, Spinaker193! You are probably unique in that your first post on WS is on a missing case that has just had a happy ending for the family! Keep posting!

I don't even care...I'm thrilled she is now safe and alive!

No matter how it happened, this story does have the happiest of endings.

My thoughts exactly! This case has haunted my dreams and my waking life for 9 months, to know she is home safe is all that matters to me :)

Welcome, Spinaker193! You are probably unique in that your first post on WS is on a missing case that has just had a happy ending for the family! Keep posting!

Thank you. While it's my 1st post, I have been following this case since the beginning. I live in NH and wished all along that I could help in some way. I found this group to be very insightful, yet respectful, unlike other groups.

:wagon: to WS spinaker193. What better time to come out of the shadows and let your voice be heard than now, to celebrate a very happy outcome. Glad to have you join in :)

I wonder if the police request for anyone seeing someone, either Abby or another female in the clothing which they showed pics of is an indication her appearance has been changed? Driving by one would not think of Abby if the appearance was different but it might register it was a "female" walking down the road. What they really want to know is do people see anyone else around there......a car stopped, someone with her etc.
My big question is if she was dropped off....why would anyone do that? Are they confident she won't be able to give information on them? I'm sure the clothing has been checked for fibres or whatever forensic evidence is even remotely possible to obtain. Then I wondered.....the tote bag: why would she have that? What was she carrying home in it?
Like many who have worried, prayed and hoped for her safe return......sheer curiosity bubbles from within....the whole episode has been one of twists and turns and logical dead ends. Yet I keep trying to remember that LE needs time to follow up whatever info she provided, and Abby herself needs to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli