GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
of course they are used!!!! that does not make them credible, or confirmed information.... I would never reveal who I work for on a forum, .... personal safety! of course!!

ETA.... I made the choice NOT to become a verified WS user for my personal safety.... end of story.

and just because something is reported in msm media does not automatically make it credible or confirmed either, whether from a confirmed source or unconfirmed/anonymous...

the standard used here is reported in msm, and that msm article reported that a source told them...

if CNN reports that an anonymous source told them something, and i link the article here, that is acceptable, always has been.

I tried to go back in my mini iPad history to find the link, but don't know how to use it to go further back than it takes me. Does Abby have a sister? Seems tweet was from her sister, if I remember correctly. Could her sister have tweeted at same time her mom called LE and article twisted the facts?

She has an older sister named Sarah who is college-aged, I believe.

Your safety is paramount; you should never have to reveal a source or be asked to, except in court of law and then the prerogative is yours. Welcome to WS.

Free Press Provision [for those not familiar with it]

http://law.unh.edu/assets/images/uploads/publications/pierce-law-review-vol07-no3-rick.pdf

of course they are used!!!! that does not make them credible, or confirmed information.... I would never reveal who I work for on a forum, .... personal safety! of course!!

ETA.... I made the choice NOT to become a verified WS user for my personal safety.... end of story.

no she was driven by someone, left on north south road to walk home and arrived at her mothers who contacted the police, no law enforcement found out via twitter, that is false... do you have a media link for that because I know that is not true, I am a journalist in the area.

So someone dropped Abby off and she just walked back home?

no she was driven by someone, left on north south road to walk home and arrived at her mothers who contacted the police, no law enforcement found out via twitter, that is false... do you have a media link for that because I know that is not true, I am a journalist in the area.

Link please.

The big take away... She's been found alive, shes home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There could be a million reasons why they're not releasing information.

Perhaps they don't want to tip off whoever took her? it's just easier if that suspect believes the child isn't talking. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So someone dropped Abby off and she just walked back home?

It's happened before, I remember that case in upstate NY years ago. The guy held girls for months and then just let them go. The police did not believe their stories until one girl was able convince them she had been taken and kept in a basement. Rochester NY I think? The girls couldn't ID the house because they never saw the outside.

Look at the girls in Cleveland, they were in a well populated area not some farm in the middle of nowhere. We have no idea what condition Abby is in. I only hope that she was not abused.

If she ran off with a boy who said he cared about her, she may have believed him at first.

My thoughts have been from the beginning that it would be nearly impossible for a parent, friends, law enforcement etc not to know who she left with if she was a partner in it. Between the computer and cell phone records they had to know. Why was a name never released? Every similar case we saw after she went missing the mans name was always revealed.

That is why I still believe she was either not involved in going missing, or NH law enforcement botched this from day one.

I'm wondering if law enforcement thinks she never left town.

where/when she was "dropped off"?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/...rns-but-questions-linger-about-disappearance/

Police are asking the public for help in the investigation. They are asking that if anyone saw Abigail Hernandez or a female wearing a gray striped sweater, black pants and a camouflage drawstring bag in the area of North South Road in Conway, Sunday evening between 10:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to contact the State Police.

the above article says "in the area of North South Road" and this one says "around the family home". so who knows...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...lance-video/EcvnVIEFQnR4NA5rPj9kbP/story.html

The mystery of Abigail Hernandez’s disappearance in Conway, N.H., nine months ago deepened Tuesday as authorities released pictures of clothes she was wearing when she unexpectedly reappeared Sunday and said they are reviewing surveillance video from around the family home to “gain answers to the many questions” in the case.

In a cryptic appeal for help from the public, investigators called for information from anyone who saw Hernandez between 10 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Sunday wearing a colorful striped sweater and black leggings. They appear to be the same clothes Hernandez wore before she went missing in October, a few days before her 15th birthday, authorities said.

Jane E. Young, an associate attorney general in New Hampshire, said police are also looking for additional video of the Hernandez home and asked nearby residents who have video security systems to provide tapes to investigators.

Doesn't he have his own radio show?

Obviously, I still haven't gotten the hang of the new system. This was in reply to TakeitfromMe, and her questioning of credentials.

Sorry.

And editing yet again -- someone else already posted what I said above ^^^^ and did a much better job of it.

Jane E. Young, an associate attorney general in New Hampshire, said police are also looking for additional video of the Hernandez home and asked nearby residents who have video security systems to provide tapes to investigators.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/22/investigators-abigail-hernandez-case-reviewing-surveillance-video/EcvnVIEFQnR4NA5rPj9kbP/story.html

this is troubling. Stepping back for a minute til more info is available. Not sure what is going on here but something is not right. Before I go speculating a bunch of stuff I think I need to think and weigh my thoughts very carefully. There are implications in this appeal for video of the family home. MOO

“At the time of her disappearance, Abigail was 14 years old and had no known means to facilitate her disappearance or provide herself with shelter, meals, or other necessities over the ensuing nine months,” said a statement released by prosecutors, Conway police, and New Hampshire State Police. “Should the investigation reveal evidence that a person or persons were involved with Abigail’s disappearance and/or detainment or concealment, then the appropriate criminal charges will be brought.”

www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/2...lance-video/EcvnVIEFQnR4NA5rPj9kbP/story.html

I am in NH, I am a journalist and I have covered this story..... I know who Jack Heath is.... my point is that FACEBOOK and its posts are not credible media sources and neither are "unnamed sources" if it does NOT come from AG's office or FBI it is NOT credible it is RUMOR

BBM

I don't know, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, we know who _he_ is.

IMO.

It was not clear if a tip led to the girl’s return. “Right now we’re just glad to see that she’s home,” said Ramsey.

Late Monday, a detective sat outside Hernandez’s home in an apartment complex bordered by tall trees set back from a main road in North Conway.

In the thick green woods lining one road into town, a red and white billboard remained standing with a picture of a smiling Hernandez under the word missing in boldface type.

Friends of Hernandez could not be located late Monday. Some had teamed with her mother earlier this year to post pleas for her return on the Internet.

Forlorn, they wrote about silly movies in science class, singing Beatles songs, and chatting on Facebook late into the night.

On Monday, Neal Moylan, the principal of Kennett High, said he was awaiting more information before planning any gatherings or counseling for Hernandez’s classmates.

“We’re happy that she’s home, that’s for sure, and we’re waiting for some further details,” he said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...sappearance/MMF7vu1RUJCecqpmWxBaLJ/story.html

But then, with all due respect, it puts the rest of us in a difficult position. You are simultaneously writing things as an "insider," without providing any links, and claiming that you know them because of your journalistic credentials, but refusing to be identified (which is certainly your right). It would be akin to The Boston Globe allowing its writers to publish stories without a byline. Personal safety is an issue all journalists struggle with, and certainly on stories that could possibly jeopardize their well-being more than this one.

IMO.

I really wish that all the people posting all their angry diatribes out there on the internet (articles, FB, etc.) would take a moment and calm down. Demanding answers and hurling accusations at a 15 year old girl is ridiculous. People stating that the are entitled to answers because they volunteered their time or gave donations? Seriously? I am seeing a complete lack of empathy for the victim! A teenager who was gone from home for over 9 months is now home with her family. This almost NEVER happens. I'm so glad WS is a victim friendly forum where we can opine about what is happening without having to sort through the trash.

I wonder if Abby was blindfolded and brought to wherever she was dropped off. Since the news of this did not break until Monday, we don't know if she was taken to the hospital or seen by a doctor at some point on Sunday night or Monday morning. We haven't the slightest idea what she has told investigators.

LE is asking for the public's help in finding out more about the location to where Abby was likely dropped off, and now people are saying if you're asking us for help, you need to give us more information? I really expected this community to close ranks around Abby now that she's home.

There is a lot more to what has happened than is out there right now, and it could be very, very scary. It involves a 15 year old. Think about it.

ALWAYS MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member