GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Brogadir ‏@joshbNECN (Verified account)
Neighbor/friend of Abigail Hernandez kidnapping suspect Nathaniel Kibby says Kibby held her locked in storage container behind trailer
https://twitter.com/joshbNECN/status/493896994583085056

:(
I figured he'd probably confined her in the shed shown on the property listing sheet, at least part of the time. The shed stood out on the listing since it is a mobile home (no basement). Thanks, Max17.

I am flabbergasted that he let her go? Did he let her go? But after she left, why did he stay there in that same trailer? Is he nuts?

She specifically used the word "released". However, did she actually mean NK released her, or someone else, who doesn't even live there, released her (I'm sort of hung up on the short, dark skinned guy she told LE about)? Or, did NK actually release her thinking she'd never tell where she was? Is he nuts? Well, I think we can safely assume mentally well-balanced people don't go around kidnapping people and locking them in a shipping container so, yes, I believe he is.

SPECULATION!

If he released her, I would imagine he was the selector of the clothing she was released in. I suspect he released her near the area where he let her go. This means IMO sending her home with no actual evidence or example of what she wore while there. This to me indicates possible causing of wearing nothing or of wearing something other than her own clothing.

This suggests to me that he needs to feel like a good guy even though he is not. He did not kill her. When he wanted her gone or thought she neede to go he did not kill her. IMO he could have. He did not. That means something. JMO

I am flabbergasted that he let her go? Did he let her go? But after she left, why did he stay there in that same trailer? Is he nuts?

good point katydid23
this might give an answer maybe why the sketch doesnt even match NK at all.

So glad (and amazed) to hear of an arrest already. Strange how he was just 'at home,' like nothing happening, no fear. Hopefully some of the blanks will now get filled in on this case. I'm wondering why the arrest came with just one charge, but could be they are still sorting out what charges will apply.

Looking up the NH statutes again:

Universal Citation: NH Rev Stat § 633:1 (2013)

633:1 Kidnapping. –
I. A person is guilty of kidnapping if he knowingly confines another under his control with a purpose to:
(a) Hold him for ransom or as a hostage; or
(b) Avoid apprehension by a law enforcement official; or
(c) Terrorize him or some other person; or
(d) Commit an offense against him.

I-a. A person is guilty of kidnapping if the person knowingly takes, entices away, detains, or conceals any child under the age of 18 and unrelated to the person by consanguinity, or causes such child to be taken, enticed away, detained, or concealed, with the intent to detain or conceal such child from a parent, guardian, or other person having lawful physical custody of such child. This paragraph shall not apply to law enforcement personnel or department of health and human services personnel engaged in the conduct of their lawful duties.

II. Kidnapping is a class A felony unless the actor voluntarily releases the victim without serious bodily injury and in a safe place prior to trial, in which case it is a class B felony.

BBM (of what possibly applies?)

Re: "arrested and charged with one count of felony kidnapping for knowingly confining Abigail Hernandez on October 9, 2013, in Conway, New Hampshire, with a purpose to commit an offense against her"...can someone here with legal expertise explain if that means she has been harmed already or if the charge is saying he confined her for the purpose of some unspecified but future harm (eg. such as endangering her welfare by being separated from her parents)?

Looking forward to following the hearing tomorrow; such a mysterious case.

Is it possible that LE released an incorrect description to throw off the offender? Or misleading now that they aren't looking for any more suspects? The description Abby gave and LE not looking for anyone else just doesn't mesh with me.

That storage shed, or whatever it is, gives me flashbacks to poor Samantha Koening. Her tragedy still haunts me to this day and always will. I'm so very grateful that Abby's story ended differently.

Come to think of it, that was another case where members of the public hurled suspicions and ended up wrong.

This guy has to have an online presence somewhere...likely an anti govt chat room or message board. I wouldn't be surprised if he has youtube videos.

As for this case, I'm glad Abby is home, I'm glad someone's been arrested. The only last tidbits I'd like to know: has this guy done this before and was abby a random find or did he know of her?

I think we're all reminded of Maura Murray and wonder if there were others.
Is there a way we could have a page for Abby to give her well wishes? I don't know if that's done on this site, but it would be so helpful for her to read our well wishes and I think cathartic for all of us too.

Is it possible that LE released an incorrect description to throw off the offender? Or misleading now that they aren't looking for any more suspects? The description Abby gave and LE not looking for anyone else just doesn't mesh with me.

I can't imagine LE purposely releasing false info to the public then asking for the public's help based on that fake info. It just doesn't make sense that they'd go that far if they actually knew (or had a good idea) who they were really looking for. It seems more likely they'd just not release anything. It doesn't mesh with me either, but I don't think the police would do that.

Any social media sleuthed out for the perp yet? TIA

^That's my guess. I've seen some other cases where the victim was forced to write letters. He probably wanted people to think that she was a runaway.

That did :cow: take some of the pressure off if you think about it. That is when we (me included) began to wonder if she went willingly. We wondered, did she go thinking she was just running off for a few illicit hours at the mall? Did she get catfished by someone (older boy befriended)?

Actually, forcing her to write a letter back home would be pretty clever for a captor to try to pull off. Looking back at some of the apparently vague wording in pressers after the letter, one must wonder if authorities suspected this.

ETA felt a need to admit, I was part of that slippery slop.

How exactly does this neighbor/friend know this?!?
Sent a tweet ‏@joshbNECN about this, if it was from an interview of some sort with LE or media (we'd tweeted earlier about the charge, so hopefully he'll get back to me).

You know, I've been wondering if LE played up/played along with the kidnapping scenario the entire time knowing that someone had her and based on his personality (letting her write home, for instance), would be more likely to release her if everyone thought she was a runaway. IMO, he thinks he is smarter than LE and really probably never though he'd get caught.

This guy has to have an online presence somewhere...likely an anti govt chat room or message board. I wouldn't be surprised if he has youtube videos.

As for this case, I'm glad Abby is home, I'm glad someone's been arrested. The only last tidbits I'd like to know: has this guy done this before and was abby a random find or did he know of her?
You know, he may not have an online presence. If a person is paranoid enough, they don't have an online presence. Or very little. LE should be able to track whatever he did with a computer with an alias if he had one, though.

He reminds me of Zach Adams, suspect in Holly Bobo's case. Creepy. I'm so happy to see some of the rumors put to rest. Yay to a arrest. May you heal, Abbie.

Wow, you're right. I was wondering why his face looked somewhat familiar. Thanks for solving that mystery for me, lol. So happy Abby survived this ordeal. Still have to pinch myself that she is home. She told all of us our prayers and concerns helped her in her release. Now we must all send good vibes out to her that she can heal. I believe Abby will. I must admit I started crying when I read that she wished she could thank everyone personally who looked for her. We love you Abby! Give your mama a big hug too!!

soundproofed :(

Awaiting more info. I was wondering how in a small trailer he kept her well hidden and no sign of a problem at the property (screams, windows blacked out, etc) :(

This could be a game changer in helping some understand and believe that Abby was not gone for nine months willingly. JMO

I don't think storage containers have windows and being closed would result in a pitch black environment. I am not sure how long it takes for vision problems and possible blindness to be an effect of absence of light.
She may have been allowed out when he was home from work or on weekends.

She specifically used the word "released". However, did she actually mean NK released her, or someone else, who doesn't even live there, released her (I'm sort of hung up on the short, dark skinned guy she told LE about)? Or, did NK actually release her thinking she'd never tell where she was? Is he nuts? Well, I think we can safely assume mentally well-balanced people don't go around kidnapping people and locking them in a shipping container so, yes, I believe he is.

BBM

I know he is evil, just wasn't sure if he was nuts or not. :nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members