GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a new UnionLeader.com article with some more information from the FBI:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131018/NEWS03/131019184

I'm not seeing any more information there then we already have heard. The reporter had said there was going to be an article with more information in it, but this tells us nothing than we already know. All we know at this point for sure is that her phone was headed north, she may not have been with her phone. I'm wondering if they think some passerby picked it up intending to take it somewhere to drop it off as missing and they might still have it with them. I lost my phone once, fell out of my purse. Some person picked it up and for days I had no idea where it was. Finally, on the third day, a man from CT called me on my phone. He had been travelling through the area and had found it, intended to turn it in somewhere but forgot about it until he was unpacking all his things and found it. If Abigail were separated from her phone and someone picked it up, they might have headed north with it and forgot they had it.

I am curious about the last text with a friend in the FBI's timeline. Do we know if the texting exchange ended naturally -or- was it left open ended? LE must know the answer to that because they must have spoke with the friend.

Also I wonder about the range of the cell tower. Could it be that she just crossed into the range of the Canmore Mtn tower? It seems the range of the towers should overlap somewhat to ensure coverage. When out of range of one, the other one would pick it up - seems it would ping the new tower at that point. (not sure, no expert, just seems to make sense)

Assuming the ping was due to the transfer to a new tower, if we knew the range of the towers and their overlap, we might be able to understand where the cut over was. Couldn't we figure out if she needed a car to get to that location in that time frame or if it occurred while she was still walking? Maybe LE has already done this and that is why they picked the location they did for the road-block questioning??? Maybe not.

I guess I am just trying to understand if she obtained a ride between 2:53 and 3:07 pm. The duration for the possible sightings in the FBI timeline just seems too long.

They have no idea......

They've got to have some kind of idea. They went door to door talking with neighbors, combed her home and the surrounding area, spoke with businesses and her friends. I'm sure they have some ideas, just like we do, the only difference is they have more information than we do.

I am curious about the last text with a friend in the FBI's timeline. Do we know if the texting exchange ended naturally -or- was it left open ended? LE must know the answer to that because they must have spoke with the friend.

Also I wonder about the range of the cell tower. Could it be that she just crossed into the range of the Canmore Mtn tower? It seems the range of the towers should overlap somewhat to ensure coverage. When out of range of one, the other one would pick it up - seems it would ping the new tower at that point. (not sure, no expert, just seems to make sense)

Assuming the ping was due to the transfer to a new tower, if we knew the range of the towers and their overlap, we might be able to understand where the cut over was. Couldn't we figure out if she needed a car to get to that location in that time frame or if it occurred while she was still walking? Maybe LE has already done this and that is why they picked the location they did for the road-block questioning??? Maybe not.

I guess I am just trying to understand if she obtained a ride between 2:53 and 3:07 pm. The duration for the possible sightings in the FBI timeline just seems too long.

From what I've read they can pinpoint a general direction from how the ping comes back to the tower. The towers send out signals in four directions and dependent on how the signal comes back it can tell them on which side of the tower the signal came from. I'm simplifying what I read, but that's the general gist of the whole thing.

Ok...here's another of my wild ideas....just talked of this with DH (retired police chief), he said sounds like ransom case. Then I read more in local papers and told him the Secret Service has been there since the beginning (which I didn't know) and then he said it sounds like someone somewhere is involved with the witness protection program. In that case, no information would be coming out.

Sounds crazy, but these of MO. Thanks

They've got to have some kind of idea. They went door to door talking with neighbors, combed her home and the surrounding area, spoke with businesses and her friends. I'm sure they have some ideas, just like we do, the only difference is they have more information than we do.

None of that means they know whether or not this is an abduction, a Romeo and Juliet runaway thing (unlikely) or a meet up with an internet predator, IMO. They have not called her disappearance an abduction, as far as I know. I doubt they would have talked about her phone being missing at all, if they knew for sure she was kidnapped. I think they are looking at all options. JMO

I pray you are right. I want that that so much.
Maybe they are playing it close to the vest . But I have said that so many times. ( Celina, Lisa, Sjy Aliahya.... many more) kept waiting and no results. Celina was found thank God

BBM That's what I was working on a few pages back. Look at my post #188, page 8. I think she had to be in a vehicle at some point after 2:53pm.

Anyone know if there is a map of the bus routes? Seems like buses should have been going by around the time she 'disappeared'.

One thing I've been wondering today is, if LE knows the cell phone last made contact with the cell tower at 3:07pm to the west of Cranmore Mountain, why are they focusing their search area to basically just the village of North Conway, which is immediately west of Cranmore Mountain? If you drive west from North Conway on River Road, there's a bridge over the Saco River (which has a lot of turnoffs and parking areas near it since it's a popular picnic/swimming spot in warm weather), and then the road continues west to West Side Road, which runs both north to Bartlett and south to Conway. That area is also due west of Cranmore Mountain, but is slightly farther away.

Maybe LE is simply focusing their attention close to Cranmore and the cell tower, and if they don't find anything there they'll expand their search area, but has anyone here who lives in North Conway heard about LE searching in or along the Saco River or on West Side Road? I wonder how confident LE is that her cell phone is in the outlined area on the map released last night, or whether that search area might be expanded/changed in the days to come?

Ok...here's another of my wild ideas....just talked of this with DH (retired police chief), he said sounds like ransom case. Then I read more in local papers and told him the Secret Service has been there since the beginning (which I didn't know) and then he said it sounds like someone somewhere is involved with the witness protection program. In that case, no information would be coming out.

I thought that early on, I think I even posted about it. I determined I had an overly wild imagination and watched too much crime drama. I'm not so sure anymore. I just want Abby found.

Hmmmm....well, that could explain the unknown dad situation. IMO

If that is indeed the case (big IF)...I feel terrible for him - can you imagine not being able to do or say anything when your daughter goes missing? I think parents probably feel helpless enough....but that takes the cake.

has anyone looked at any serials working the area? Is this a possibility?

Just a thought about security cameras possibly picking her up on them, I think they might not have them available. I worked at another outlet mall in NH and the store I worked in was the only store in the entire mall that had a camera. Fairly rural fairly low crime rate.

My experience has been that many of those security cameras that we see are actually fake and there only to deter crime. Jmo

Off topic...but the story about the news reporter with the camera in the girls' bathroom and also having child *advertiser censored* that is coming on after Abby's story is the one that i just posted about under "Crimes In The News"...that's where i go to counciling.... :(

Good evening folks. Still no word from Abby? :sigh: My gut is telling me she got into a vehicle with someone she knew. It went downhill from there. The phone was destroyed and tossed. I hope this is not the case. She may be naive, but I don't think she would have gotten into a vehicle with a stranger. I think it is someone she knew, but she didn't know them as well as she thought she did. Please let Abby come home! :please:

Off topic...but the story about the news reporter with the camera in the girls' bathroom and also having child *advertiser censored* that is coming on after Abby's story is the one that i just posted about under "Crimes In The News"...that's where i go to counciling.... :(

:( Sorry, Soyesterday... :hug:

If they find the bag, they'll probably find the phone JMO

Exactly! Maybe her bag is in lost and found and phone is inside bag. Shouldn't LE be asking businesses to look for the bag too?

ETA fixed spelling errors due to fat fingers and iPad :(

One thing I've been wondering today is, if LE knows the cell phone last made contact with the cell tower at 3:07pm to the west of Cranmore Mountain, why are they focusing their search area to basically just the village of North Conway, which is immediately west of Cranmore Mountain? If you drive west from North Conway on River Road, there's a bridge over the Saco River (which has a lot of turnoffs and parking areas near it since it's a popular picnic/swimming spot in warm weather), and then the road continues west to West Side Road, which runs both north to Bartlett and south to Conway. That area is also due west of Cranmore Mountain, but is slightly farther away.

Maybe LE is simply focusing their attention close to Cranmore and the cell tower, and if they don't find anything there they'll expand their search area, but has anyone here who lives in North Conway heard about LE searching in or along the Saco River or on West Side Road? I wonder how confident LE is that her cell phone is in the outlined area on the map released last night, or whether that search area might be expanded/changed in the days to come?

They initially did search the Saco River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member