GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the last text with a friend in the FBI's timeline. Do we know if the texting exchange ended naturally -or- was it left open ended? LE must know the answer to that because they must have spoke with the friend.

Also I wonder about the range of the cell tower. Could it be that she just crossed into the range of the Canmore Mtn tower? It seems the range of the towers should overlap somewhat to ensure coverage. When out of range of one, the other one would pick it up - seems it would ping the new tower at that point. (not sure, no expert, just seems to make sense)

Assuming the ping was due to the transfer to a new tower, if we knew the range of the towers and their overlap, we might be able to understand where the cut over was. Couldn't we figure out if she needed a car to get to that location in that time frame or if it occurred while she was still walking? Maybe LE has already done this and that is why they picked the location they did for the road-block questioning??? Maybe not.

I guess I am just trying to understand if she obtained a ride between 2:53 and 3:07 pm. The duration for the possible sightings in the FBI timeline just seems too long.

excellent points and questions. i wish i knew more about cell phone pings! i agree that the duration of the possible sightings in the FBI timeline seems very long. I think because these are possible sightings and people are trying to help, they may not have been looking at the clock in their car to notice the time, bc at this point, no one knew abby was missing. the perception of time is a very easy thing for people to get wrong, that's why i think the timeline goes to 3:30

One thing I've been wondering today is, if LE knows the cell phone last made contact with the cell tower at 3:07pm to the west of Cranmore Mountain, why are they focusing their search area to basically just the village of North Conway, which is immediately west of Cranmore Mountain? If you drive west from North Conway on River Road, there's a bridge over the Saco River (which has a lot of turnoffs and parking areas near it since it's a popular picnic/swimming spot in warm weather), and then the road continues west to West Side Road, which runs both north to Bartlett and south to Conway. That area is also due west of Cranmore Mountain, but is slightly farther away.

Maybe LE is simply focusing their attention close to Cranmore and the cell tower, and if they don't find anything there they'll expand their search area, but has anyone here who lives in North Conway heard about LE searching in or along the Saco River or on West Side Road? I wonder how confident LE is that her cell phone is in the outlined area on the map released last night, or whether that search area might be expanded/changed in the days to come?

I remember reading that so many miles of Saco was searched early in the case. Don't remember anything in the last few days though.

I have a gut feeling that LE has the bag. I don't know why else they would not alert the public to look for the bag as well. We know it is probably not at home, since police say they cannot determine that Abby made it home.

But it is just a feeling, who knows.

I have a gut feeling that LE has the bag. I don't know why else they would not alert the public to look for the bag as well. We know it is probably not at home, since police say they cannot determine that Abby made it home.

My guess is LE doesn't have her bag, because if they did they'd know her last location, and according to a newspaper article today they don't know her last location.

Maybe she'd dropped the bag to try to run, if the perp hadn't touched it they might not be worried about it being left behind. It could have been near the house and the mum found it dumped and that's why she rang the police so soon. Would also explain why they thought she might have been home, they didn't say she didn't make it near to her home.

Or maybe the bag was found but it was in a dumpster, which obviously doesn't tell them her last location.
Plenty of times the belongings have been found and had NOTHING to do with the victims location.
Jessica, Sierra and Mickey come to mind as examples. :twocents:

Maybe she'd dropped the bag to try to run, if the perp hadn't touched it they might not be worried about it being left behind. It could have been near the house and the mum found it dumped and that's why she rang the police so soon. Would also explain why they thought she might have been home, they didn't say she didn't make it near to her home.

If her mom or the police had found her bag, then they would have had a much narrower place to look for her and/or her phone. They'd know for sure how close to her home she'd gotten, and it seems LE doesn't know that. They don't even know for sure that she made it to North-South Road, because the reports of her walking there on the 9th are unconfirmed. As far as we know, there's been no confirmed sighting of her since she left the school and was seen walking into the woods.

I'm curious about which side of the North-South Road she was known to walk on, because if she did make it to North-South Road and was walking on the west side of the road, traffic driving south (going in the opposite direction) would have been closer to her. If she was walking on the east side of the road, then a van or truck driving north could have snuck up on her from behind, possibly blocking oncoming cars' view of her and any interaction she had with the driver of that vehicle.

If her mom or the police had found her bag, then they would have had a much narrower place to look for her and/or her phone. They'd know for sure how close to her home she'd gotten, and it seems LE doesn't know that. They don't even know for sure that she made it to North-South Road, because the reports of her walking there on the 9th are unconfirmed. It seems doubtful that they've found any trace of her since she left the school and was seen walking into the woods.

Depends if the mum had started to walk up the way Abigail walks home. Maybe it's the same way they walk the dogs and it wasn't found that close. Fact is there has to be a reason they're not looking for the bag. :moo:

I also think that LE has her bag. She may have left the bag at school planning to return and attend track practice. Both my teen daughters said they would leave their bookbag if they planned on returning. I have said before that I believe what alerted the mother right away was that Abby missed track practice and this initiated the calls to LE.

JMO

Can we please respect the wishes of LE and the family, not to mention the rules and TOS at Websleuths, and STOP SLEUTHING THE FAMILY, please? The Dad is cleared by LE, and there is no reason to discuss his personal business here.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ETA: The father has been said to be cooperating. He is a VICTIM here! We know from Abby's page that she must have at least liked her Daddy, she mentions his visit! That just might mean he's hurting too. I guess I just don't understand WHY he's being focused on. Maybe Zenya doesn't want his support. Maybe he is supporting her, just not, "IN OUR FACE!" At any rate, the mods have said over and over, the status of him on here. I hope Dad is getting support for himself too!

Come home safe, Abby, so many people are pulling for you!

Do not sleuth Abby's family!

Do not try to dig up any info on her father at all, do not discuss it here. We're on very thin ice with this folks.

Using Google Maps:

- 138mi (2hr 53 mins) travelling on I-93 S
- 166mi (2hr 56 mins) travelling on US-302 W and I-91 S

Link to map: https://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=...gl=au&ei=asJhUsLzHYmTiAersIH4Ag&ved=0CJgBELYD

Not that far

Cuevas was last seen leaving Fall Mountain High School in Langdon, NH at 7:00 a.m. Friday morning in a dark colored sedan.

My understanding is:
So she went to school at 7AM and left school to ride on a dark colored Sedan.
They gotta find that sedan..

Information found on the scanner cannot be discussed on this thread because we have an open scanner thread downstairs.

Not that far

Cuevas was last seen leaving Fall Mountain High School in Langdon, NH at 7:00 a.m. Friday morning in a dark colored sedan.

My understanding is:
So she went to school at 7AM and left school to ride on a dark colored Sedan.
They gotta find that sedan..

I reran the directions on Google Maps, this time with Fall Mountain High School and North Conway, and the difference is much the same:

- 164mi (2 hrs 53mins) traveling US-302 W and I-91 S
- 142mi (3hrs) traveling I-93 S
- 123mi (3hrs 1min) traveling NH-104 W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads