GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, ha! Emphasis on NOT, not USE. Got it.

I just read that there is a $20K reward from FBI Child Unit for "information in the disappearance of" Abigail (sorry, I'm on my phone and don't know how to paste links yet but it's easily Googled). I find this a little troubling, but also hopeful that they are not looking for any kind of murderer, at least they don't publicly think so.

God this sucks. We want you home, girl.

Thanks... So I must have one on my CA car... And am just not aware of it...

:giggle:

No vehicle safety inspections here in CA, just astronomical registration fees and smog certifications if you live in one of the required counties :( :lol:

No vehicle safety inspections here in CA, just astronomical registration fees and smog certifications if you live in one of the required counties :( :lol:

Thanks, AnjL!

Yep.... registration fees and smog certificates keeps us enslaved to our autos in CA... don't they... :no:

:D

Honestly, while I am glad we are all brainstorming ideas, I think some of our ideas are way out there.
Using Occam's Razor, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions is the most logical and the most likely.
I see one likely and logical option for Abigail that Wednesday. The option has an A and B parts.

Abigail set out from school to walk
A. Home
B. Somewhere other than home (perhaps to meet someone or pick up something)

and she met with
A. Foul Play
B. Accident/Sickness

This is working with what we know.

We have nothing that would make us think she went running, as she was spotted walking with clothing matching her original description.
We have nothing to make us think suicide. She was texting friends and acting normal from all we have been told.

The fact that she diverted from her home along her walk and apparently took paths that weren't the closest to her home lead me to believe she was going somewhere other than home. We do not know why she would do that. Obviously there are plenty of unknowns.
Either she was abducted while going to this "somewhere".....she got sick or had an accident going to this "somewhere" (if so, I think she would have been located by now)....she met with foul play after arriving "somewhere."

When my younger sister joined Facebook as a teen, I found it commonplace for her and her friends to do this, make a friend a "wife", a friend a "husband", a pet as "sibling", and so on. I guess it's funny because all your friends are in on the joke. I hope and trust that LE has already talked to all her friends to investigate this.

Praying for you, Abigail :)
^^^This- my sisters are 10 and 12 years younger than me (21 & 23) and have been doing this for a while, it's supposed to be funny to all of those 'in' on it.

Looking for a needle in a stack of needles- but hoping today is the day Abigail comes home.

Really ? WS has a ghost ?

Just posting to make sure I'm not suddenly called alrootlike.

Anyway...

What to suggest next? I don't know. I see we seem to have moved on a bit from the running theory now we've established she's not on the XC team, but that leaves us with very little. :(

Our stickers are on our back plates in NM.

In every state I've lived in (four), I believe mine have been both on the front in a big block with a month and date as well as on the plates in a smaller sticker identified by color (to represent year, I think) with a month abbreviation stamped on it (ie: MAR) This way law enforcement can get you coming or going if your car isn't up to par! LOL

Abigail, where are you? We all need you to come home.
Praying something breaks in this case today

thank you...i'm a thread-and-a-half behind. is this true (from the link)?

"Police at first said she made it home but a week later said she didn’t."

Nevermind -- found my answer.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS07/131019233

just catching up...

At first they said dogs picked up Abby's scent back to her Home. Then the press conference where they revealed a timeline they said this Contrary to prior reports, FBI agent Kieran Ramsey said Wednesday, "We have no confirmation she ever made it home that day."

More here http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109567-weekend-101913

Sorry for my ignorance...

but what is/are reasons that a vehicle needs a Vehicle Safety Inspection Sticker... And placed in full sight?

I am thinking of a commercial/government vehicle...

But ... :dunno:

In MA vehicles have to be inspected yearly and your sticker must be in placed in view. It has a large number and a color which corresponds to a specific year. So if this year the color is blue and you have a white one with a big 8 on it, the police can determine quickly that you are driving an car with an expired inspection sticker.

Maybe she wasn't on the school track team, but I did read that her, her mother (& sister) belonged to a running club and that the club is fundraising for her. Maybe that took up enough time and she didn't bother with the track team.

This case really scares me because back when Sierra Lamar was missing, I just could not allow to myself to believe that some random person could so easily snatch someone without a trace....but it happened. I feel it has in this case too :(

I'm stuck (mentally) on her book-bag/backpack...where is it and why have they not mentioned it? If it is missing and assumed to be with her, they should have given a description of it. That they haven't done that leaves me to wonder if they have located it.

Honestly, while I am glad we are all brainstorming ideas, I think some of our ideas are way out there.
Using Occam's Razor, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions is the most logical and the most likely.
I see one likely and logical option for Abigail that Wednesday. The option has an A and B parts.

Abigail set out from school to walk
A. Home
B. Somewhere other than home (perhaps to meet someone or pick up something)

and she met with
A. Foul Play
B. Accident/Sickness

This is working with what we know.

We have nothing that would make us think she went running, as she was spotted walking with clothing matching her original description.
We have nothing to make us think suicide. She was texting friends and acting normal from all we have been told.

The fact that she diverted from her home along her walk and apparently took paths that weren't the closest to her home lead me to believe she was going somewhere other than home. We do not know why she would do that. Obviously there are plenty of unknowns.
Either she was abducted while going to this "somewhere".....she got sick or had an accident going to this "somewhere" (if so, I think she would have been located by now)....she met with foul play after arriving "somewhere."

I agree, I think its so important in these cases to go back to Occam's razor and re-assess what is going on at the most basic level.

The second part you metioned, I believe she met with foul play...

Now, assuming that, which I am going to assume for the sake of this post, then where she set off to on her walk from school that day could be either a)home or b)to meet up with someone.

option a) if she was on her way home then i am of the opinion that she was abducted by either a stranger or someone she knew who had been watching her and knew her routine. i would think if she was abducted on the main road that people allegedly saw her walking on the main road with some possible sightings up to 3:30 pm, someone would have seen or rememebered a girl getting into a car w/someone and reported it. if this happened, i would think it would be someone she knew if she was comfortable enough to get into the car with them. it's also possible she was abducted in a more secluded place by someone who was also watching her and could have been a stranger (kind of like the Molly Bish case..i believe that was her name and that was in New England as well).

option b) if was on her way to meet up with someone, one would think there would be text messages or private facebook messages, phone calls, etc, if there was a plan to meet up somewhere after school. If she was going to meet with someone, i think she was hiding this fact from people, but why? Maybe she only communicated verbally with whoever she was meeting up with so there wouldn't be a trace of their "relationship" or whatever..if that was the case, it leads me back to someone at school...maybe an older kid with a vehicle or god forbid a teacher. that would be a good reason to want to keep any meet up secret. also, the fact that she has a boyfriend...she might not have wanted him to inadvertently see any texts or phone calls from this person so she only communicated with this person verbally/face to face.

ugh im confusing myself, and i prob confused everyone else with this post, i think i drank too much coffee this morning.

Maybe she wasn't on the school track team, but I did read that her, her mother (& sister) belonged to a running club and that the club is fundraising for her. Maybe that took up enough time and she didn't bother with the track team.

This case really scares me because back when Sierra Lamar was missing, I just could not allow to myself to believe that some random person could so easily snatch someone without a trace....but it happened. I feel it has in this case too :(

In this area there are two running teams in HS, XCountry, which starts actually in the summer and Track which will be starting in about three weeks. (prior coach here so I'm up on this stuff!). Even if she were in XCountry, it's unlikely that by Oct 9th she would have still been running on the team, which is why she may no longer be on the roster. With XCountry you have two teams, JV and Varsity. A runner can only make Varsity if they run a 7 minute mile (at least that's our cutoff). JV XCountry ends two weeks earlier than Varsity XCountry. So Varsity still has one week to go, but JV ended a week ago. And she would only have run states, last week, if she qualified for it and if she didn't, she can't run. So she may have ended that monday before she went missing. Also, there's been talk that she could have gone out running, and that's unlikely because of the footwear issue. These kids make sure they don't injure themselves and running in the wrong shoes aren't only painful, they can end a person's ability to run. At her age, bones are still growing and you have to have the proper footwear so she wouldn't run in her boots, especially not for long distances. I've had kids show up Keds and turn them away, they'll get injured if they run on uneven terrain and there's no support or cushion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020