GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, the rabbit knows the taste of crow...but i do believe there's an elephant in this room. IMO, as of now, there is nothing random.

- phone/text/pings
- dunkin donuts
- usual route
- facebook

we have no evidence to suggest this wasn't random...but for now my instinct tells this hasenpfeffer otherwise.

there were four hours between her last text and the missing report. did any of her friends/boyfriend/adults/parent/sister hear from her within this time and if they didn't, were they concerned? if so, where were they and could they have innocently or otherwise witnessed something they shouldn't?

thoughts?

I don't think kids would be too concerned because friends get grounded for this and that or parents might make them rest their cell phones. They would just catch them at school the next day and say...what happened you didn't answer my text, call.

But I would be very surprised if Mom wasn't frantically calling Abby and that is why she called LE the minute she got home.

I am kind of surprised she didn't call somebody else to check on her or maybe leave work early when she didn't get any answers. Not playing the blame game and who knows she could have been tied up in a meeting or some other important project and could not chase a teenager. It happens.

Kids with phones usually text and call parents regularly and that is the price of having the phone. You don't answer I am taking your phone.

Also phones have GPS on them now. My daughter can track my grandkids where ever they are or say they are. I let the cat out of the bag and was my daughter angry. She doesn't want them to know all the capabilities she has in keeping track of them!

So why did they publicly retract the K-9's tracking her to her house?

It reminds me of the LE bulletin that got "leaked" in Nick Steward's case telling LE officers that he was depressed/possibly suicidal. This was almost immediately pulled from public view and the public was assured that Nick had no history of mental illness. He committed suicide.

Why issue a bulletin that K-9's tracked her home and then go back on that within days? What doesn't LE want the public to know or figure out?

I'm not sure that LE are denying that the dogs tracked her scent to her home. I think at first they thought she'd made it home, but later they realized that the dogs tracking her home didn't really prove anything for the day she went missing because she'd walked home that way previously (and possibly recently), so that explained why the dogs followed her scent home. But maybe in the home itself there was nothing to show that she'd been home after school (maybe mom noticed that some daily chore hadn't been done, or their mail was still in the mailbox, or their dogs hadn't been let outside to do their business and hadn't been fed, etc.).

Yeah, if mom got home and the dogs (I think 2 dogs were mentioned in news conferences) hadn't been walked or fed, that probably indicated more than anything that Abby didn't make it home.

I'm not sure that LE are denying that the dogs tracked her scent to her home. I think at first they thought she'd made it home, but later they realized that the dogs tracking her home didn't really prove anything for the day she went missing because she'd walked home that way previously (and possibly recently), so that explained why the dogs followed her scent home. But maybe in the home itself there was nothing to show that she'd been home after school (maybe mom noticed that some daily chore hadn't been done, or their mail was still in the mailbox, or their dogs hadn't been let outside to do their business and hadn't been fed, etc.).

I don't know, maybe. I hope that's the case. They were pretty adamant days later that she definitely didn't make it home. I read somewhere that 5 dogs were used to track her scent.

Furthermore LE knows she got picked up. Because she would either be at home or school or on her trail in between . She is not . LE blew this. They should have said its possible she got a ride. The day after she disappeared . Fresher memories. Maybe you saw a car pulled over, maybe you saw a car pulling back into traffic.... It's too late now. <modsnip>

I am very upset.

I have a question. If her mother usually gets home around 7, why did her mother say that she got home around 2:30 and found her missing? I don't understand.

Never heard of the mother getting home at 2:30..where did you hear that?

I don't know, maybe. I hope that's the case. They were pretty adamant days later that she definitely didn't make it home. I read somewhere that 5 dogs were used to track her scent.

Well, we don't know how close to her home the dogs tracked her. Do we know if she walked to school in the morning (rather than taking the bus)? If so, then the 5 tracking dogs could have been following her trail in reverse from that morning right up to her door. What they seem pretty sure about now is there's no evidence that she made it back home that afternoon.

Furthermore LE knows she got picked up. Because she would either be at home or school or on her trail in between . She is not . LE blew this. They should have said its possible she got a ride. The day after she disappeared . Fresher memories. Maybe you saw a car pulled over, maybe you saw a car pulling back into traffic.... It's too late now. <modsnip>

I am very upset.

I don't blame you, but it's like this in almost every missing persons case. It's not just JY's cases. And usually when it's like this, the person is still missing months or even years later.

In Mickey Shunick's case, LE released the camera images of Mickey and the truck following her and the truck's description and one of the tips that broke the case open came from a car dealer employee who was alert and paying attention.

The public is such a valuable, but usually completely ignored and wasted, resource. It's really tragic.

Well, we don't know how close to her home the dogs tracked her. Do we know if she walked to school in the morning (rather than taking the bus)? If so, then the 5 tracking dogs could have been followed her trail from that morning right up to her door. What they seem pretty sure about now is there's no evidence that she made it back home that afternoon.

Sadly, we don't know much of anything and we probably won't.

In my opinion they should have put out an Amber Alert. This has all of the markings of a stranger abduction.

I definitely agree with Danak- she was snatched. I tend to think it was someone who was at least somewhat familiar to her, but that's mostly because stranger abductions are so rare. I think LE believes she was snatched as well, they just won't SAY it. All their actions, and the way they're handling this case screams "CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION". We just don't know WHO they're investigating- or even if they have a suspect.

I keep thinking about Elizabeth Smart- that weirdo that took her wasn't a total stranger, he'd done some work for the family previously. Whoever took Abby may be peripherally known to her- not necessarily a family friend or bosom buddy. I also keep remember Elizabeth Smart's more recent interviews, when she talks about how close searchers came to finding her. How she heard her uncle calling for her, and couldn't do anything about it. I wonder if Abby was out there in the woods, or being held in someone's house when all that door-to-door, foot-search action was being done.

Regardless, I just don't see stranger abduction here. In my opinion, she thought she could trust someone that was anything but trustworthy.

The PDF above http://www.conwaypd.com/files/hernandez, abigail.pdf

It says she was not found to be home by her mother around the time of the initial report, which I assumed was 2:30 because that was when she was last seen.

She wasn't reported missing at 2:30. I think (and someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong) she was reported missing at around 7:17 p.m. that evening, after her mother got home from work. The 2:30 sighting was by some kids on a bus that was leaving the school; they were the last people to see her that day.

In my opinion they should have put out an Amber Alert. This has all of the markings of a stranger abduction.

The media and news of her being missing seems to be pretty widespread. An AA
requires a car and/or a suspect description.

Furthermore LE knows she got picked up. Because she would either be at home or school or on her trail in between . She is not . LE blew this. They should have said its possible she got a ride. The day after she disappeared . Fresher memories. Maybe you saw a car pulled over, maybe you saw a car pulling back into traffic.... It's too late now. Nice work Jane. Keep your secret info .

I am very upset.

i don't disagree, but i'm not a local...we handle things differently where i'm from. no one would listen to LE. we'd get on foot, bicycles, in cars, trains, planes, boats, floats, skateboards, surfboards...whatever it took.

willow long, may her tiny special soul rest in peace, was found by volunteer searchers. JC (bf's father) even offered via FB to employ an army of ATV's and locals to search for her. why didn't LE comply? willow's volunteers were carted by bus, amidst heatstroke conditions, for days on end...in this case, according to the FBI map, they haven't even expanded the search to the Canadian border, Portsmouth, or otherwise...why? (trick question, IMO the answer is clear)...

a question for you, if possible to answer...how many kids walk home via the north-south highway route vs. through town? is that a regular thing?

I don't blame you, but it's like this in almost every missing persons case. It's not just JY's cases. And usually when it's like this, the person is still missing months or even years later.

In Mickey Shunick's case, LE released the camera images of Mickey and the truck following her and the truck's description and one of the tips that broke the case open came from a car dealer employee who was alert and paying attention.

The public is such a valuable, but usually completely ignored and wasted, resource. It's really tragic.

Just throw out some possibilities, maybe she got a ride ... Make peoples brains work. A car pulled over in that area would cause a slowing of traffic enough for people to take note , even if its a look of annoyance at the driver/car as they pass it. But " maybe she got picked up " is never mentioned. Hell we waited a full week before we got a did she / didnt she make it home. Nevermind the cell tower mystery. And I will hang this on JY ; shes got 2 dead girls blood on her hands now , and she shows no signs of changing her ways. ( I'll let the other two pass but she was no peach on info on them either )

You said a mouthful and this silence is getting LE nowhere in these cases. I know they have to walk a fine line but we have to do everything to find these kids. The old way of solving a case is no longer working. Too many going missing and never found.

The public is ready and willing to help. Just check social media there are great sluethers and like the car dealer employee who probably saw it on tv or on line because LE there chose to show it. Which, by the way, amazes me they showed anything. That was out of character for LE in an open case.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was just running on speculation in the first case and in the second I wasn't sure of what constituted an Amber Alert, so thank you. Someone mentioned above that stranger abductions are not very common, and I agree, but it can't be ruled out, and I think it's a strong possibility here.

The media and news of her being missing seems to be pretty widespread. An AA
requires a car and/or a suspect description.

Might have had a car to look for if LE had said its possible she got picked up .

:tantrum:

for an amber alert you have to have at least a vague description of a suspect and a vehicle..... those 2 things are why this did not meet the criteria for an amber alert.... which i think is stupid..... to me if a kid is missing and its not looking like a runaway then most likely the kid isn't missing because they want to be and an amber alert should be issued......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed