GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were going to Walmart and was going to choose the wooded path, I would NOT turn left at the powerline trail. That intersection from Eagles Way across 302 looks busy. I think it would be shorter and easier to cross the street where the yellow path comes out to 302. And there would be far fewer folks there to see anything happen. If she crossed at the busy intersection, I think someone would have seen her. Maybe a teacher leaving, kids driving their own cars, the bus,etc.

I agree and also think I would head straight to 302 and turn left on 302 for two main reasons. The first reason is because it appears to be the quickest way to "see civilization". As soon as she hit 302 and took a left, she would begin to see Walmart in front of her down the road. And whatever that business or something is to the right called "redstone" is civilization to me.

It seems to be the quickest way to feel you are out of the woods.

Its #6 that I wish we had confirmation on. I suppose we will never know if those alleged sightings were really her or not. Which is sad because it would tell us at what point she was "not picked up". We could outrule some things at least if we knew.

Very creepy to think of someone involved reading the posts here. Or, worse.

It's happened!

Dorice 'Dee Dee' Moore was one of the last ones. She features heavily in the following episode of Lockup.

[video=youtube;iKQ-c1yawec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKQ-c1yawec[/video]

She commented lots of times in her thread.

ABC appear to have bought up the rights as that is all you get in youtube searches.
Her Police interviews were something else.

Sorry for veering further off topic, but just had to respond to this post.

Google 302 and Eastman for the street view. That time of day, mid week, off season. It is probably not tough crossing there.

Bleh...

My brain is working with the thought that it is "someone that she knew of." Assuming LE assisted in the wording from Dad to get the perp to be careless....Who could that someone be? Maybe a friend of a friend??

I recall early on that the mother's BF is in the military and away on duty. Do we know when he left? While he was in NH, did he have friends that may have met Abby?

I hear what you are saying, but isn't it possible that she had an oral conversation with someone? Maybe it was someone her mom wouldn't have approved of and her mom has access to her phone messages so she didn't risk a social media contact. Maybe it was someone she saw on a regular basis and they had an oral conversation about meeting up.

I can only assume that LE has gone over her contacts in her phone, computer, etc. with a fine tooth comb and whatever happened that day wasn't mentioned therein.

It could be a teacher from school, Sunday school teacher, someone whose home she cleans, someone who she's baby sat for in the past (if she ever did babysit- just thinking aloud here). All difference scenarios. I have to agree with the poster who said we're not hearing of any searches anywhere in terms of people's homes, whether occupied or seasonal, trucks, cars, and so on. Although unlikely, it could very well be a stranger who came up as a so called tourist that did something to her. Hard to say, but so frustrating that there isn't anything at all being discussed by LE to help folks try and find her or someone they think may know me or be responsible.

I believe both of her parents as well as her sister were pretty much cleared by the LE, and I believe it was reported somewhere that the boyfriend was on the bus that day she disappeared, which would absolve him from any wrong doing, but they need to look closer to home, so to speak, for answers. Someone close to her, I feel, knows more- perhaps they are scared to come forward? Again, just thinking aloud here.

Expanding on Honeybun's theory of young girls being naive and innocent-let's think about possible scenarios where such a teen might meet someone dangerous.

At a party? At a friend's house? Via internet? What would draw a young lady to someone newly met..........

Also

how do drug dealers get new customers? To keep the trade alive- it takes grooming.

And
How does a perp establish a trusted relationship with a vulnerable teen........

Free parties-safe place to hang out-father-like approach-etc.
Cool atmosphere
Secrecy guaranteed

I am not suggesting anything-just trying to walk in the shoes of a 14 year old.

I think originally LE thought they would find her quickly and called out all the agencies in order to do so. But since then, I think reality is setting in, i.e that they have little or nothing to go on. Without a suspect or a vehicle or a computer trail...how can she be found, other than by accident, probably by a member of the public walking, hiking, etc.?

There are cases of young girls meeting up with online "friends" all the time here on Ws, the key being LE knows right away that they were in touch with someone dicey and made plans to meet them. That does not seem to be the case here or they would know, IMO. So either a stranger grabbed her or she took a ride with someone she knew, who had evil intentions. I don't think anything else makes sense at this point.

You know I understand that Nancy Grace does get things wrong...sigh...but what if last evening she was right!

What if Abby did get on the bus and get off the bus. We know she walked home because the two girls behind her from her school saw her walking and told where she turned off.

Remember when they said the dogs followed her scent to her home? Then I think they changed their mind.

What if she did disappear from her home area and that is what they don't want us to know?

The first thing Abby would do when she reached her home is either let her dogs out or go out with them.

If they did indeed think she disappeared from her home...that would eliminate everybody else which they have pretty much done.

Her home was a condo and previous posters have said many units rent by the month, week and weekend.

Do you think that would be considered a Very Public Place as her mother has said?

Hummm I will ponder that one.

I didn't mean to denigrate New Hampshire-I just wanted to bring attention to the 'wanteds' in case someone reading here has seen someone.

I actually would love to go there someday and stay in a mountain lodge or something.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone.

I don't think anyone was offended.

I live in Vermont, and had never really spent any time in NH (except for some training in Manchester). We went to N Conway for the Flashlight Walk and I could not believe how beautiful it was. Starry, if you ever get a chance, go. Vermont is beautiful, but our mountains seem tiny next to the ones in NH.

Would being on the bus that day clear a person? Buses full of kids, she may or may not have been avoiding by opting to walk home (or one of the other million options that have been mentioned here). Last text was what, 2:53? What time are all kids dropped off?

Do kids have atv's, access to cars? yes. Do some drive? Yes? Too young for a license. Kids are kids!

I'm with you on a perp establishing a fun safe relationship, too. There are too many possibilities and no answers.

Why do people keep thinking it would be quiet in Conway? It was peak foliage season. My guess is most hotels were booked solid. There would be lots of traffic.

I'm terribly frustrated with this case..... abby reminds me of my niece, my friends daughters, myself when I was young.... I want her found!!!!! And if justice is in order I want to see the person responsible held accounted for this and thoroughly investigated cuz I'm assuming he is good at this and has done it before and keeps getting away with it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

If they want her found , LE and family has to come out and talk more
Maybe they dont want her found at all? but why? doesnt make sense right?

I think it was someone she knew and trusted. Personally I wonder if she's buried in the woods? It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Because mid week it probably would be at that time. Look at the google map and the traffic there. Check speed limits and such. Not that difficult of a crossing there and not directly in the middle of the shopping hub.

Why do people keep thinking it would be quiet in Conway? It was peak foliage season. My guess is most hotels were booked solid. There would be lots of traffic.

Summertime conway is PACKED because people love and I mean LOVE the saco river.... also...peak foliage season, conway to lincoln is very busy.... yes hotels and camping areas that are still open during that week and columbus day weekend it is very very busy in that area

I don't think anything else makes sense at this point.

Even the tracking dogs were ruled out so, i dont know anymore
Stories change, Privacy are more important than looking for a minor child
This i dont understand

Expanding on Honeybun's theory of young girls being naive and innocent-let's think about possible scenarios where such a teen might meet someone dangerous.

At a party? At a friend's house? Via internet? What would draw a young lady to someone newly met..........

Also

how do drug dealers get new customers? To keep the trade alive- it takes grooming.

And
How does a perp establish a trusted relationship with a vulnerable teen........

Free parties-safe place to hang out-father-like approach-etc.
Cool atmosphere
Secrecy guaranteed

I am not suggesting anything-just trying to walk in the shoes of a 14 year old.

Young girls of vulnerable ages are sometimes attracted to the local bad boy!

Summertime conway is PACKED because people love and I mean LOVE the saco river.... also...peak foliage season, conway to lincoln is very busy.... yes hotels and camping areas that are still open during that week and columbus day weekend it is very very busy in that area

oh absolutely! My daughter works at a resort not too far from our home, which is in the lakes region, and folks come up for an entire week during the fall for the leaf peeping season. They camp, hike, fish, go to ski resorts to take a gondola or ski lift up the mountain- it is very busy here in October. Also, there are lots and lots of homes, condos, and cabin rentals along with campgrounds in these areas of NH that are busy not only during the summer months, but fall as well.

I don't live in conway, but I think it would be busy there. It Was literally THE peak foliage week. It's near the outlets which are their own destination. The Canadians I work alongside plan trips to Conway and Tilton just to shop. Walmart is always a cluster and I'm sure extra busy due to tourists. Add in a few hundred cars leaving school. JMO

I think it was someone she knew and trusted. Personally I wonder if she's buried in the woods? It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Polygraph people around her
Maybe they'll get some clue IMO
But that will be tough, AH is minor, majority of her circle will be minors too

all my opinions only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics