GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Starry, yes yes yes. I mentioned earlier I was a runaway. My father went around town knocking on doors all hours of the night, cops were out looking, even called in as a stolen car to keep them moving faster after I'd run a few times already.

I think your dad and I would have made a great team lol.

So glad you are here posting-what a world!

I think your dad and I would have made a great team lol.

So glad you are here posting-what a world!
My dad was $%)(^*&#)(%* amazing. I dream of being the parent he and my mom were, some of us do get lucky in that and I'm certainly one of them. With all the riff between us during my teen years, it ended abruptly once I was out of HS. I still make decisions and think, crap, better not do that as dad would tell me to think about it more!

My kids have heard many of the stories (not the runaway ones) and they are fairly sure I'm more like him than my mom. They know I'm watching.

Well, still wishing they were doing more ground searches. I was looking at the coreen weise info and they did in fact keep those searches going for weeks and weeks. No, they didn't find her that way. But they were trying. They also had a psychic come in (who clearly they got at a county fair rather than a trusted LE sourceLOL) Maybe LE could learn from past mistakes and do more thorough searching. If they'd done serious ground searches along saco and down a few miles further than they thought they needed to, they may have found her before she washed up. Not sure on the psychic but maybe a more 'reputable' one? FBI works on leads. Local works on searches and other angles. They haven't given up, but the push is gone.

I agree, I wish there were more searches happening. I am under the impression they have hit a brick wall as to where is a likely place to search. I am very troubled by the finding of the remains of others while searching for Abigail. It feels very needle in the haystacky in that area to me.

It is. One set was a 6 yr gone missing hiker. They stop searching. Need to find the story, there is a hiker missing that went gone early summer/late spring? An older woman, husband drove while she hiked the App Trail. She didn't check in one evening. There were sightings and they've yet to find her. Not a clue what happened. This isn't during cold weather where you freeze to death, soooo many hikers have gone through since.

I just don't know that Abby is up on a mountain in the woods anywhere. I'm not feeling it LOL Which means NOTHING, but just not feeling it.

<snipped>

BBM: "Hernandez said her daughter was supposed to take the bus home the day she disappeared and she has no idea why she decided to walk."

Maybe she walked while the weather was nice but Mom wanted her to start riding the bus since it was getting colder. In any case her usual route home was confirmed by LE in the timeline at least.

In my opinion, from day 1, I thought this case was an abduction by a stranger. I had that thinking because I couldn't see why the police and FBI and everyone got involved so quickly unless they had evidence of some kind. From what is known, or not known, the mom got home about 7pm and called the cops right away. What did the mom say to make the cops act so quickly? They had first said that Abigail made it home. So my opinion was that there was blood or signs of a struggle or something at the house.

But going back and catching up on this case, I see the above quote about Abigail's mom saying that she was SUPPOSED to take the bus home THAT day... and something about that struck me as odd.

If her mom did say that she was SUPPOSED to take the bus home THAT day, then in my opinion that statement tells me a lot.

My first thought was that there was a situation going on with Abigail that the mom was not happy about. And that perhaps Abigail mentioned meeting this person after school on Oct 9th. And maybe the mom adamantly told her that she was not allowed to go with this person and that she wanted Abigail home right after school. And maybe the mom called her repeatedly all afternoon until she got home to make sure that Abigail was home and not with this person. And maybe this person was 18 or older and therefore could be seen as illegal in the eyes of the law if certain things were going on between the two. This could be a reason why the cops and FBI acted so quickly when the mom called 911.

It could be that the mom is not really sure what happened to Abigail.

If she happened to of told her to go home after school and not meet up with this person, and she couldn't reach Abigail and Abigail was not at home when she got out of work, this doesn't necessarily mean she ran away with this person.... Because Abigail being missing could be a random act of violence or a runaway. So maybe that's why the family has kept quiet. Maybe it's because they don't want people to speculate one way or the other simply because they don't know.

If there really is no evidence of where she went, then there really is no way of telling is she went with someone she knew, ran away by herself or was a victim of a random crime.

And being age 14 at the time she disappeared made her a young juvenile which could be why the authorities acted right away.

And maybe if there was a fight with Abigail and her mom before she disappeared,the authorities could tell them to keep it to themselves so it doesn't jeopardize the case if something more sinister happened. Because the main objective is to find Abigail and bring her home. And they wouldn't want people to not look for her if they thought she was just a run away.

These are just my ramblings and my opinions only.

In my opinion, from day 1, I thought this case was an abduction by a stranger. I had that thinking because I couldn't see why the police and FBI and everyone got involved so quickly unless they had evidence of some kind. From what is known, or not known, the mom got home about 7pm and called the cops right away. What did the mom say to make the cops act so quickly? They had first said that Abigail made it home. So my opinion was that there was blood or signs of a struggle or something at the house.

But going back and catching up on this case, I see the above quote about Abigail's mom saying that she was SUPPOSED to take the bus home THAT day... and something about that struck me as odd.

If her mom did say that she was SUPPOSED to take the bus home THAT day, then in my opinion that statement tells me a lot.

My first thought was that there was a situation going on with Abigail that the mom was not happy about. And that perhaps Abigail mentioned meeting this person after school on Oct 9th. And maybe the mom adamantly told her that she was not allowed to go with this person and that she wanted Abigail home right after school. And maybe the mom called her repeatedly all afternoon until she got home to make sure that Abigail was home and not with this person. And maybe this person was 18 or older and therefore could be seen as illegal in the eyes of the law if certain things were going on between the two. This could be a reason why the cops and FBI acted so quickly when the mom called 911.

It could be that the mom is not really sure what happened to Abigail.

If she happened to of told her to go home after school and not meet up with this person, and she couldn't reach Abigail and Abigail was not at home when she got out of work, this doesn't necessarily mean she ran away with this person.... Because Abigail being missing could be a random act of violence or a runaway. So maybe that's why the family has kept quiet. Maybe it's because they don't want people to speculate one way or the other simply because they don't know.

If there really is no evidence of where she went, then there really is no way of telling is she went with someone she knew, ran away by herself or was a victim of a random crime.

And being age 14 at the time she disappeared made her a young juvenile which could be why the authorities acted right away.

And maybe if there was a fight with Abigail and her mom before she disappeared,the authorities could tell them to keep it to themselves so it doesn't jeopardize the case if something more sinister happened. Because the main objective is to find Abigail and bring her home. And they wouldn't want people to not look for her if they thought she was just a run away.

These are just my ramblings and my opinions only.

All good thoughts! My first reaction is wouldn't FBI be saying "She may be with a young male/female" We've heard that a million times before. If there was a fight before going missing, they'd have a sign of possibly runaway, I think at first they may not have said anything, but they would have by now. I have to believe they would leave 'runaway' as more of an open option than they seem to be at this point. ACK I just don't know anymore.

Didn't LE issue a statement a couple of weeks into the case saying...we have examined her regular life, her private life and her secret life and we 'have nothing'?

Since then...crickets...

MOO

Yes, IIRC They've said they have no reason to believe she is a runaway. I think there would have been at least some small signs if running away was the case. I still say somebody picked her up or she met somebody. I'd put my money (not much though) on her being picked up by a familiar face only to find she wasn't going home.

Mom stated Abby had not run away before. Yet Dad's letter seem to imply she had, and had come to him. So which is true?

In so many other cases where teen girls go missing, it is announced right away if she is believed to have left with someone, i.e there is a case in Idaho, I think, right now. No reason they would not have announced it in this case too, as it would help locate her. They would not hold back info like that, it would defeat the purpose. I really fear they are telling the truth, in saying they just don't have anything.

There has been question as to whether she's run before. Could she have gone to see a relative and mom isn't considering it so much a run as a domestic upset?

Would it be considered running away to her mom and sister if they were fighting and AH screamed "I'm going to live at dads" and left to Jackson NH? I bet it wouldn't be. It would be one sign though, especially if dad said no, you live with your mom and it is this way because ___ and I'm leaving for TX soon. That would be considered a familial thing, yet would be a sign she wasn't happy. Of course, every child (or most many whatever, a majority) of parents that live separately seem to do this at one time or another, if not weekly...say they are going to go live with the other parent.

Really, I doubt LE is lying about saying she was last known to be on that road. If they knew she intended to head to a certain relative, I think we would know by now. They would want people looking out for her.

Me too...

Just thinking around this idea of her never running before but the fathers letter talking to her as if she has run, possibly depending upon how one reads it. Could be talking to her as if abducted I suppose, too.

And they would have checked relatives. Maybe they didn't think she went to a relative or at least could knock that off the list quickly. May e she ran bigger and better this time, but the mom says she never ran before...because she never ran further than a parent's house before.

Again, I still say somebody familiar picked her up. But need to out more thought into some other scenarios for lack of anything else to do!

I would love to think Abby has run away and is hiding out and afraid to come home. I would love to think she is with somebody that loves her and is taking care of her needs.

But the reality of following these types of cases is this. Abby is probably gone for good and will only be found by a hunter or walker some day next Spring if we are lucky. There will be no arrest because again somebody got away with murder. Sigh...

It's been too long with nary a word. That speaks volumes!

Sorry to be the messenger.

You aren't the messenger..this has been a body recovery case for a long time. In fact, I think since the very first night. I don't like saying it, would like to have more hope. Even if a local RSO grabbed her I think it ended quickly. Pray I'm wrong...but haven't believed it ever.

If they find her, I do believe there is still hope for an arrest, that part I have never given up on. I think the perp has been lucky, but I doubt smart and I still believe familiar...the clue they need is her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth