GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think taking that out of context changes it up too much. They were answering a question about her safety or runaway/abduction. They were saying ok she mailed, even if she was originally a runaway there are still concerns.... she has no financial means, wasn't wearing winter clothes, etc etc...in other words, you need somebody to provide for you or a means to earn. it wasn't a statement on its own is what Im saying.

Btw I hope the comment about winter clothing means she is still up in the New England area....although these days I suppose you need them in TX, too!

Remember dad's letter about the Bible verse (I'm on my cell)? Does any of the date detail on these letters = book/verse?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Btw, I have friends in TX complaining of temps in the 20's. I was NOT using TX in reference to her father.

(Clueless on your bible question)

Why would anyone ever bother to date a letter of this nature if they are in hiding?

I really think dad's letter, and that last line about Abby's last letter to him was a recent ltr she sent him, eg. Mailed the same day Mom's was. He posted that letter to her on the 4th, Z got hers on the 6th.

LookinforHope, that's brilliant. When I read dad's fb, I thought--why did she write him a letter and say I love, love, love you. What 15 yr old writes that in a letter? Especially one who loves her social media? Why not phone or text?
So, it makes sense that she wrote to dad, too.

But the letter seems fishy--why date it at all?

then again, can we rely on anything LE is giving us? I mean, come on, they've had at least this much for a month, and everybody was speculating about random abduction---? Let's face it, we don't have the information the locals do, and even they are keeping things to themselves.

So we are to now believe that after being gone for two week Abby said, "gee. I think I'll write my mother a letter. Come on!"

Lord, my twins girls were smart as whips in high school and popular....but they always got their zip code screwed up. They have it down pat now. And thank goodness because they are both married with little ones. But the world is changing so fast. Why write a physical letter when you can text, email, or twitter? And none of those things uses your zip.
SO I can see a situation where a 15 year old, in a freaky and nervous condition, would not recall her zip code, etc.

Not really sure thats what happened. The way that LE worded things really makes me curious. They said its info they should have received earlier....Mmmmm. Who or what kept them from receiving it earlier. Sounds like LE might be peeved about that.

We don't know if you ran away but if you did, it's important for you to know Sweetheart that nobody is angry with you, and you are not and will not be in any trouble. I just need to know that you are OK.

I am very worried that you are out there in the cold, because I don't know if you have a jacket. I am also worried that you may not be eating. I am hoping and praying that you are safe, warm, and that you are eating.

Please Sweetheart, if you are able; find a way to let us all know that you are OK. It can be a simple message like posting your favorite Bible scripture (Book, chapter and verse.) It's the one that you also used as your password. Dad remembers what it was. You can post is on Facebook, Twitter, text it, or however you wish. Or you can phone it in to anyone that you trust. You can phone it in or fax it to the Conway Police Department at (603) 356-5785 Fax 356-8837. Or you can call the Jackson Police Department at (603) 383-9292, fax 383-8150. You can also call the dispatch number at (603) 539-2284.

More of the letter at the link.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/ru...22804638/-/12i4nxe/-/index.html#ixzz2mjul1FV0

could the mom have received that letter earlier but didn't go thru her mail right away with her searching for her daughter etc? IMO

I think it's super possible that she didn't get to a P.O. Box, if that's where it was sent and if it was hers, for a long time, because she is busy trying to survive each day, hoping and praying her kid will come home. I think if I was in the mom's shoes, I wouldn't even remember I had a Po.O. box at a time like that!

It kind of sounds like the delay was to allow for Abby + whoever to pack up and go elsewhere before they could be traced. If LE told people to be on the lookout for people moving into their neighborhood, Abby must be with an adult who has many resources. That makes it even scarier. Who is this person that's able to relocate on a whim and not raise any suspicion, in addition to all the other evasive techniques mentioned?

Imagining ZH receive that letter is a poignant image. I would just lose it right there at the mailbox/post office/wherever. How bittersweet..

IMO, either someone with a lot of resources, or someone with few. Those without a home or job can sometimes move around as easy as someone with the resources to travel. They may sell drugs, or beg or sell themselves, in order to get the funds to live day to day.

I personally am TERRIFIED that whoever has Abby... that if she isn't found soon this person may lure/abduct another girl... or may have already and Abby is not the first. I really think whoever this is they know what they are doing and they have done this before

Oh. Chilling. You may very well be right.

If you don't know your own address, that's pathetic. Not knowing your house number (it's on the door), your street name, the town you live, your state? Really? These kids aren't going to learn that information until they start applying for college? I can only imagine what their college essays look like...

Oh gosh, let me tell ya', most of the teens I know in this day and age are completely clueless about things like that. I've got to agree with the other poster. My three brothers-in-law, ages now 20, 18 and 16, who I helped raise and love very much, are morons. I don't know how else to say it. The middle one, when we were trying to help him apply to college put, "Elm Street" for his address. That's it. No Number, no city, no state, no zip. Just "Elm Street"! I was incredulous. My reaction hurt his feelings!

Many kids today are not used to snail mail and they are, unfortunately, hovered over and have the adults around them doing a lot of things for them that many of us were forced to do for ourselves. Lots of parents kind of baby their kids in a way. I have to admit being a bit guilty myself. It's easier sometimes to just do it myself. I get too busy and too tired to have to try and coax and coach a recalcitrant teen to do what they need to get done. :blushing:

The only real hard facts supported by LE and MSM and have remained steadfast that we have in this case are (UPDATED):

AH went missing on October 9th
ZH is her mom
SH is her older sister
RH is her dad
ZH called the police at 7:17pm
AH's last text was to a friend (we don't know exactly when that text was sent since there are conflicting reports, but it was either 2:52 or 2:53pm on 10/9)
AH's cellphone pinged West of Cranmore Mtn. at 3:07pm on 10/9
On the walk home, friend DF saw her.
ZH works as a per diem nurse at Mountain Valley Community for two years, a facility in Ossippee. http://www.newhampshirelakesandmount...nway-teen.html
Searches included - Pudding Pond, a quarry, Saco River, behind Walmart, power lines, Middle School lot, AH's "usual walk home"
Home residence is 86 Village Way and was initially taped off
AH is a freshman at Kennet HS
AH is 15 years old
AH has a white IPhone with a pink/grey otterbox covering
AH had a cleaning job on mondays
ZH received a letter from AH on November 6th, dated October 22nd and postmarked October 23

Conflicting reports:
She may have made it home, she may not. At first LE thought she did, now they believe she didn't.
There were several uncofirmed sightings on n/s road between 2:30pm and 3:30pm.
Fish and Game claimed there was phone activity at 6:30pm, LE claims there wasn't.
Shey may have been wearing a grey sweatshirt, a black sweater with yellow flecks, or a striped grey and black sweater.
She was wearing either black or brown boots.
The friend who saw her on the walk home either saw her take a right of eastman road or eagles way onto a dirt road or path (both have been said at one time or another, one could assume it's just a mistake in names given the closeness in pronunciation of eastman vs eagle).
Some kind of surveillance video helped LE make a timeline
A letter was written to AH and the claimant is RH. Mom feels it is RH, FBI won't confirm.
Mom claims RH doesn't live in state, MSM is reporting that RH does have a residence in state.
Early claims in MSM stated AH had a bf and an "older boy" she had recently met online, but we've not heard anything since initial reports on this.
AH is missing, abduction has not been ruled out parents letters seem to indicate a run away.
Some news agencies have reported that AH is a "raven haired track star" but ZH says AH is not involved in any running groups.
AH routinely walked home (LE) or AH routinely rode bus home and walked that day (ZH)
Some sites list AH as abducted, some as kidnapped, some as run away.Someone suggested it's just how they put the posters online, but it's open to individual interpretation.
AH may or may not have her phone and as I noted above a reporter earlier claimed LE "found nothing sinister on her phone". So make your own mind up on that one.

The rumors:
AH was seen with two people in Errol, NH (rumor via MHFAH fb)
AH was seen on Kancamagus Highway (rumor via MHFAH fb and MSM)
Mom arrived home at 7pm (rumor via Michael Board from WOAI on the NG show)
AH was seen entering a car (rumor via NG)
AH worked at Cranmore resort (can't remember how that rumor took hold)
JC claims his son, AH's bf, received the last text and the content was a heart (stated by JC in several news articles)
ZH's previous residences were rentals (not sure where the rumor started from)
AH went to Fryeburg Fair on Saturday with JCjr and JC (rumor from JC)

The obvious mistakes:
NG reported AH was a cheerleader, and she isn't
Some people thought AH was related to Aaron Hernandez, and she isn't.

Things we all agree are true from various places and individual sleuthing:
RH has residences in both TX and NH
JC is JCjr's dad and has a towing company
SH was on the HS track team
ZH is in an organized running group
Paul Kirsch runs both the Bringabbyhome website and another fb site and, although it's my opinion, I'm sure we all agree he has changed the way future families will handle missing children by his tireless efforts. I hope missing cards, magnetized signs and hashtags on social media are utilized in other missing children's cases and it was sheer genius to come up with the ideas. Given the inability to do an Amber Alert, these ideas had the same effect.
ZH has lived at several residences
ZH is still co-owner on a property in Jackson

This is a great, comprehensive post. Bump.

I know many believe that Abby is with an older individual who is providing her shelter, food, etc. In fact, I think that is probably true as well.

But… it could still be prudent to raise awareness among Boston's women/youth shelters, soup kitchens, homeless shelters… Just in case.

They have a damn post mark which shows where the letter was sent from. They want the public to keep their eyes open. But,, they refuse to tell what area she may have been in???

I think the public should demand to see that letter. That's what i think!

This is an on-going police investigation, and the public doesn't have any right to the details of what is in that letter. This information is being protected in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation (prevent hoax letters) and to protect Abby.

Furthermore, this letter from Abby to her mother was likely very personal and putting the intimate details of a very personal letter into the media word-for-word will likely not entice Abby to come home…

JMO

They have a damn post mark which shows where the letter was sent from. They want the public to keep their eyes open. But,, they refuse to tell what area she may have been in???

I'm not sure what help it would be though. If I wanted to send a letter and not let people know where I am I would just mail it from a different city/ state anyway. So even if they told us the postmark location I personally would not consider it hugely important IMO.

They refused to say where the letter was postmarked so as to not give info to someone who might send a fake letter and try to mislead LE. That is entirely reasonable and sensible IMO
They may have already had to deal with false leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor