GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the letter was sent to a PO box, it could have been her father's box, as I mentioned before. It could have also been a PO box maintained by her mother's boyfriend. He is overseas, he might keep a PO box in NH for certain kinds of mail and Abby's mother might check it occasionally for him. Say, to take care of certain bills or something for him while he is away.

The letter could have been "addressed" to her mom, but sent to a PO box that is actually owned by somebody else.

She could have done this on purpose because she knew that the box is only checked occasionally, thereby, ensuring that she would be long gone before the letter was received. Or she could have done it to give some other "clue" as to her whereabouts. JMO

I thought LE was very defensive about her possibly having run away.
And I thought it was interesting that they directly addressed whoever is with her--for the first time--saying "you are not helping her."

If it's the same thing I saw it, and the profile before it was removed, unrelated and spam IMO

Its still there for me...
I brought it to the attention of the page admin, but I may call it in.. No info too small..
Silly, because it is most likely spam, but you never know.

And I thought it was interesting that they directly addressed whoever is with her--for the first time--saying "you are not helping her."

Oh good points, majikbeans! I picked up on that, but wasn't sure what to make of it.

I'm pleased yet disturbed. Pleased there is a very good chance for a favorable outcome. Yet disturbed as to who in their right mind thinks they could be "helping " Abby. Appears it is somebody of some kind of means. Transportation. Some kind of shelter etc. etc. It is my feeling this person has their own nefarious agenda :banghead: No sensible person could possibly believe this is helping Abby.

JY did not issue a reliable denial on the runaway question. Possibly she ran before but not out of contact for this long.

If some narcissistic guy is engaged in some sort of rescue fantasy- maybe AH made herself out to be a damsel in distress- possibly LE is playing on his justifications/cognitive dissonance that he's helping her. Smart move there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think mom wrote the letter for well obvious reasons. But now I think it also has to do with reaching Abby and wanting another letter from her. I think today the letter was brought out to the public to let Abby aware that mom did indeed get the letter. Hoping for another form of communication. If indeed Abby ran away, it will take finding her to get her home. She might feel that she is in trouble. I think she is in danger. That letter was only written a few weeks after she went missing. A whole month and half have pass. Anything could of happen.

I look forward to that but will not hold my breath. I have a feeling that they have bigger fish to fry just now than confirming to the general public.

This is not some "source close to the investigation" "anonymous source from the AG's office"

The information about the PO Box is directly attributed to her. It sounds as if it was an answer in response to a question many of us had about what caused the delay in posting and receipt by mom.

For me - it's good enough. Other's mileage will vary.

Oh I agree that they have bigger fish to fry.... BIG TIME.... I will know by Monday. They always get back to me...it's Friday I'm sure they all wanted to get home!!!!

Much better picture of the necklace and bag here

WCSH 6 ‏@WCSH6 1h
Added photos of the purse and necklace FBI believe Abigail Hernandez had when she went missing https://twitter.com/WCSH6/status/409044211195863040/photo/1/large

Thank you for posting the pictures. So was the necklace and bag things Abby had on her or things she packed?

I am still unsure about if she made it home and took things with her. Or did her backpack she took to school contain personal items a girl would need. We all know what those things are.

That would be very telling.

Welcome Windy!
Do you mean the perp thought her writing a letter might quiet down the search? He may have been surprised at how much media and coverage came about and thought a letter saying , essentially, ' i'm safe, i'm ok, i'll be ok, don't come after me, i dont' want to come home'......might make everyone stop searching and the heat is off of him. Interesting. moo

:tyou:! Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Of course, it's just my own :twocents:, but I don't think it's too far-fetched if she's with someone who is holding her against her will or has some power over her mentally or emotionally. And I was just thinking, making her write a letter instead of allowing a phone call could also have been a tactic. I mean, there's no worry that her voice would betray fear or anxiety, etc., and a letter can be postmarked from anywhere they might have just been passing through...

JY did not issue a reliable denial on the runaway question. Possibly she ran before but not out of contact for this long.

If some narcissistic guy is engaged in some sort of rescue fantasy- maybe AH made herself out to be a damsel in distress- possibly LE is playing on his justifications/cognitive dissonance that he's helping her. Smart move there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember too when/if she ran before it never turned into 100 boots on the ground, FBI, Nancy Grace show and every pole carrying a Find Abby poster.

Teen girls get mad at their moms and when there is a divorce they do play one against the other. Perhaps she was showing mom...who was in charge of Abby..she ran. 14 and 15 is a tough age..ask any mother.

If she is able to return home I think they have to reassure her it's ok..come home...we love you...no problems we just want you home safe...kind of message.

I didn't get that today. Heck those that spoke scared me!

MOO

I think mom wrote the letter for well obvious reasons. But now I think it also has to do with reaching Abby and wanting another letter from her. I think today the letter was brought out to the public to let Abby aware that mom did indeed get the letter. Hoping for another form of communication. If indeed Abby ran away, it will take finding her to get her home. She might feel that she is in trouble. I think she is in danger. That letter was only written a few weeks after she went missing. A whole month and half have pass. Anything could of happen.

How very true but with that said there could be other communication they are not disclosing.

Abby needs to come home. At 15 years of age she is only safe under her mothers roof. I do think once she is home some therapy is called for to see what makes Abby run!

My feeling is that she is staying away by choice, but is with someone who should know better, i.e older, over eighteen or even twenty-one. I do not get the feeling she is being held against her will. JMO

Thank you for posting the pictures. So was the necklace and bag things Abby had on her or things she packed?

I am still unsure about if she made it home and took things with her. Or did her backpack she took to school contain personal items a girl would need. We all know what those things are.

That would be very telling.

Investigators also released pictures of a silver heart necklace with a blue, heart-shaped gemstone and a white handbag with leather accents that may have been in Abigail's possession. They asked that anyone who sees such items contact authorities.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/fbi-ag-to-discuss-search-for-abigail-hernandez/-/9857858/23352396/-/11thevx/-/index.html

If you go to 13 mins on the video here of the presser http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Raw-Video-New-updates-in-search-for-Abigail-Hernandez/-/9857858/23355284/-/b7a1xa/-/index.html

They say that they confirmed that the necklace is a piece of jewellery she wore regularly and she carried that purse on a frequent basis, and although they don't have a picture of her carrying it the day she went missing they do have information that would possibly indicate it was inside the other bag she had with her.

I don't know if Abby would be aware of the following resource so I want to post it here just in case she ever sees this:

The National Runaway Switchboard (NRS) is for runaway youth or teens in crisis. It is confidential, anonymous, non-judgmental, and free. The number is 1-800-RUNAWAY, and calls are answered 24-hours a day. Teens can use NRS's message service to forward a message to their parent without having to contact them directly.

We also don't know that the letter was really written on the 22nd. She could have post dated it.

Perhaps at the time the letter was written, she felt that way. Perhaps she was coerced to feel that way by an adult. Perhaps now she no longer does but it's too late to get out of whatever situation she's in.

Someone with their own postage machine or access to one. I have one. It spits out a date on the postage and never gets another postmark. I know because I get returned SASEs all the time as well as correspondence from other atrorneys with their own postage meters. But I could stamp it and hold it, not mailing it for days or even months.

And, anyone can go to USPS and use their system- I pay for and print out postage, date, etc info right from home. I can then have postman pick up whenever I wish, drop it in a mailbox, etc. It would be traceable.

We continue to ask the public for information. It seems recently we have gotten some more information and tips that should have come in days within the investigation start.

Runaway? Abduction? Still classifying as missing persons, we have grave concerns for her safety. She was not last seen in winter clothes, she needs food, shelter, clothing.

RSBM:

This tells me (imo) they think she is somewhere cold without a stable shelter or food supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member