GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CONWAY, N.H. —A North Conway girl who has been missing since October was in touch with her mother after her disappearance, officials said Thursday.

Law enforcement officials said that Abigail Hernandez, 15, was in touch with her mother after she disappeared Oct. 9, but that contact was not recent. No details of the nature of the contact were released.

The FBI said it developed this information a couple of weeks ago. Law enforcement officials previously said there had been no contact with Abigail since she disappeared.

"We don't know that she is well or safe by any means," said special agent Kieran Ramsey. "In fact, we have grave concerns for her safety."

Officials plan to hold a news conference Friday to release new information.

Abigail was last seen leaving Kennett High School. Police said she walked her normal route toward home and sent several texts that afternoon, but never made it home.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/fb...23341204/-/4ctm66z/-/index.html#ixzz2mdzVr5XR
(BBM)

Oh no :(

That might explain that discrepancy with the 6:30pm phone call on the day she disappeared. And that might explain why Mom called the police, but we'll find out more tomorrow.

Yeah the news was confusing, but reading the report it seems like it was very soon after she went missing :/. This makes more sense to me why the search jumped quickly. Maybe there was something in the phone call....At this point we don't know if it was that night, after school or the days to follow. We can only speculate. It could of very well been just a message.

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. —The 15-year-old North Conway girl who vanished almost two months ago on her way home from high school was in contact with her mother in the weeks after her disappearance, the FBI said Thursday.

A massive search for Abigail Hernandez took place in the weeks after the teen disappeared on Oct. 9.

Sometime after her disappearance, Hernandez was in touch with her mother, though not recently, the FBI said.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/miss.../23340916/-/4ygl6x/-/index.html#ixzz2me2pImoU

This article makes it sound as if the calls weren't on the day she disappeared.

Kind of makes me wonder if she'd been in touch with her friends too, and maybe that's why they didn't seem to be all that worried.

My question, which I understand cannot be answered by MSM at this time, is how sure can they be it's really Abby if there truly has been contact? It's in an abductor's best interests to make it appear like a runaway situation. I'm not sure definitive proof of safety/voluntary disappearance would have warranted the most recent press conference, which was nonetheless so carefully worded. You'd think more attention and press conferences would make a runaway less likely to return.

Also, all of the reports on this still say "weeks after her disappearance" and not "after running away" or the like. I'm wondering if that's just the standard wording. Obviously there's more to it if they have "grave concerns for her safety."

I am anxiously awaiting this press conference! I wonder if this is new info LE just discovered or if this is a strategic release of info they already had to the public.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just reading the comments on WMUR under the article and it makes me want to smack them upside the head. Regardless of whether she ran away or was abducted, we're talking a 14 year old CHILD, and the danger is the same. I'll be relieved and overjoyed to see her back safely home regardless of how she came to be a missing person. Spitting mad here at anyone who would in ANY way shape or form be angry about her disappearance.

My question, which I understand cannot be answered by MSM at this time, is how sure can they be it's really Abby if there truly has been contact? It's in an abductor's best interests to make it appear like a runaway situation. I'm not sure definitive proof of safety/voluntary disappearance would have warranted the most recent press conference, which was nonetheless so carefully worded. You'd think more attention and press conferences would make a runaway less likely to return.

Also, all of the reports on this still say "weeks after her disappearance" and not "after running away" or the like. I'm wondering if that's just the standard wording. Obviously there's more to it if they have "grave concerns for her safety."

She could be with someone she trusts, but that person may be unstable.

ONCORD, NH (NEWS CENTER) -- The FBI is holding another news conference on Friday to update the Abigail Hernandez case.

Hernandez is the teen who has been missing from Conway since early October. Investigators say they will update the public about the status of the investigation.

The news conference will be at the Attorney General's Office at the New Hampshire Department of Justice Building in Concord at 11:00am.

NEWS CENTER will stream it live online when it happens.
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/264498/2/Officials-plan-update-in-Abigail-Hernandez-case
BBM

Just reading the comments on WMUR under the article and it makes me want to smack them upside the head. Regardless of whether she ran away or was abducted, we're talking a 14 year old CHILD, and the danger is the same. I'll be relieved and overjoyed to see her back safely home regardless of how she came to be a missing person. Spitting mad here at anyone who would in ANY way shape or form be angry about her disappearance.

people are so ignorant and THAT angers me!!!!!

people are so ignorant and THAT angers me!!!!!

Ignorant is a nice word for it. These are the same people that would spank a 2 yr old for spilling their milk. Abby is, although she may look older, a child and children can do unbelievably stupidly dangerous things. It's a wonder any of us make it to adulthood! But I want to see this child home safe with her family, it would be a wonderful Christmas gift for all of us. Don't care why she left or how, just want to know she's safe.

Logged in for this one post only -

Quote from WBZ radio, AM 1030 in Boston: "is believed to be alive". How or whether they know and what that means IDK.

Wow! That would explain why it seemed like Mom was talking directly to her ~ she was. Oh, Abby ... come home, come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPParadise