GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume they have alerted the authorities in the city and state of the postmark.

Well with this investigation, please don't assume too much. Next week we might be told the letter never existed. Abby? Abby who?

With the news from today's press conference it appears that Abby's abductor was not a random stranger but someone she knew. She may have run away but it seems that if she did she had the help of an adult who is not her parent.

I am wondering who could this person be? I am thinking it would be someone she has had contact with more than once in her life. Seems like investigators would be able to figure out where she had been in recent months, who she might have met and investigated them.
A 14 year old's circle should be smaller than a 16 year olds.

Surely everyone they can think to investigate has been checked out.
So, who?
Who would a 14 year old girl accept a ride from? Or ask for help in running away?

My feeling is that she is staying away by choice, but is with someone who should know better, i.e older, over eighteen or even twenty-one. I do not get the feeling she is being held against her will. JMO

I agree with the first part (her leaving purposefully) but the lack of taking much with her leads me to think she may not have been intending to be gone permanently or for long. Unless someone promised to supply what was needed for a longer stay away from home.

My other possible is that perhaps it began with her thinking this time away from home was one thing but it has become another.

Whoever she is with is likely to be an adult and a male. Just playing the odds with that one. Any adult male who is assisting or coercing a 14 eyar old girl (and that is what she was when she went missing, she has only JUST turned 15) is contributing to the delinquency of a minor, abduction/kidnapping of a minor, etc.

This makes me question both the judgment and motivations of such an individual.

I see why LE is concerned for her safety. Anytime you are off the radar, in hiding from parents and authorities and have no means of support or leaving aside from whatever adult is assisting you, you are extremely vulnerable.

I was a 14 to 15 year old girl with a not so perfect home life. Not saying Abby is, but IF she is, I can relate to that mindset. It is very easy to get yourself in a position you do not anticipate and feel there is no way out, no escape from that position.

Praying this young lady is still alive, safe and unharmed.

It would give a general area to keep eyes peeled. Fact is, I've seen people holding a picture of someone who walks right by them and they miss it, even if the only alteration in the person's appearance is their clothing.
And then who this person is. Does she like anime? That's a whole culture of people to look for her. Does she have a lisp? A tattoo? If she were a criminal and they wanted to find her they'd release more information, and that's how criminals get found. What about her makes her any different or stand out from the 4.5 million other teenage girls? Brown hair...I'm not a brain when it comes to hiding out but the first thing I'd expect is a haircut and a change in hair color. So really all the public has to go on is where she isn't, 86 village way in north conway, nh.
I think every press conf is carefully constructed to get someone to talk, but they aren't talking and in the meantime the clock is ticking.

I imagine that Yes, they are carefully constructed in order to keep Abby safe until they find her. I do think some personal tidbits about her would be helpful... and I also would love to see somebody (not here on WS) do up what she would look like with different hair colors/lengths. I will say that it is spectacular they have so many photos on the website and the FB pages. I'm still seeing new photos scroll by here and there! You don't usually see that, I have no doubt that with all of the angles, expressions, hat/no hat, some coloring in the hair I'd be able to recognize her in a second even if she had a blonde wiffle!

Truly, all we on the outside can do is get her face out there and keep awareness up...The Cheese was right on with that. Print some fliers! Order a magnet! Talk to friends online and in person, they'll talk to others. I'm noticing friends from afar are contacting me when they see something on the news or sharing articles with me now. They are sharing with their FB friends, too. We need to keep it going. THAT is going to help a lot more than going over 300x whether or not she made it home that day as in the end, it doesn't matter as much as the fact that she is not home yet.

Without knowing everything that LE knows about this case I'm going to withhold judging their performance or try to second guess their actions. I hope that the reasons for not releasing more detailed information are valid and at this time I assume they are.

I'm sure that LE's actions are based on getting Abby home as soon as possible.

I am left to wonder who was the older "boy" she was in communicating with on the web and was he an actual boy or just a cleverly disguised adult male with ulterior motives?

This case is very frustrating on that topic because we have only heard there was such a "boy" and we have never heard word one about whether that "boy" was identified and cleared by LE.

I am a veteran case follower by now and the silence from LE and lack of detail, while maddening, is not unusual to me anymore. I have seen in past cases and will no doubt continue to see it in future ones. Each case is just as frustrating as the last, one never gets used to it that frustration. One become less surprised by it, but never less frustrated by it. So if Abby's is the first case you have followed, just know, I feel your frustration, I feel it. Most veterans do. But it is not unusual. If you have a minute, during a lull of posting or new info to digest in Abby's case, I strongly encourage you to poke about in other missing children cases, especially involving teens.

You will be shocked at how very many there are, and how very quiet it becomes after the initial rush of news/leads. IF the missing child even gets a blip on the radar in the first place. So may do not. :(

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.” -- mark twain.

Put simply I want the truth and all the details that even might 'hinder the investigation".
I care about the young and old women who are being unanswered for-for too many years.

Politics are a cog in the wheel of truth in many cases-JMO

To believe and accept the status quo is like being lead to the saughter house. You don't know where your going or why.

How can anyone possibly be happy with what is presented if it's less than the facts?

It's time to change the way missing persons and abductions are handled. the current process is not working--time to regroup.

Stay safe Abby if you can. My opinions only with the greatest respect for LE, Abby and family--Bring em home.

With the news from today's press conference it appears that Abby's abductor was not a random stranger but someone she knew. She may have run away but it seems that if she did she had the help of an adult who is not her parent.

I am wondering who could this person be? I am thinking it would be someone she has had contact with more than once in her life. Seems like investigators would be able to figure out where she had been in recent months, who she might have met and investigated them.
A 14 year old's circle should be smaller than a 16 year olds.

Surely everyone they can think to investigate has been checked out.
So, who?
Who would a 14 year old girl accept a ride from? Or ask for help in running away?

Possibly, someone she met at her job...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was initially heartened at first too, until I realized if the letter is authentic and it was written on 10/22 all we know is that she was alive up to that date. I'm holding out hope, but the flame is flickering and the candle is melting down.

Yes... I should probably have stated it gives me a little bit of encouragement that Abigail "may" be alive somewhere...

:sigh:

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.” -- mark twain.

Put simply I want the truth and all the details that even might 'hinder the investigation".
I care about the young and old women who are being unanswered for-for too many years.

Politics are a cog in the wheel of truth in many cases-JMO

To believe and accept the status quo is like being lead to the saughter house. You don't know where your going or why.

How can anyone possibly be happy with what is presented if it's less than the facts?

It's time to change the way missing persons and abductions are handled. the current process is not working--time to regroup.

Stay safe Abby if you can. My opinions only with the greatest respect for LE, Abby and family--Bring em home.

Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would give a general area to keep eyes peeled. Fact is, I've seen people holding a picture of someone who walks right by them and they miss it, even if the only alteration in the person's appearance is their clothing.

And then who this person is. Does she like anime? That's a whole culture of people to look for her. Does she have a lisp? A tattoo? If she were a criminal and they wanted to find her they'd release more information, and that's how criminals get found. What about her makes her any different or stand out from the 4.5 million other teenage girls? Brown hair...I'm not a brain when it comes to hiding out but the first thing I'd expect is a haircut and a change in hair color. So really all the public has to go on is where she isn't, 86 village way in north conway, nh.

I think every press conf is carefully constructed to get someone to talk, but they aren't talking and in the meantime the clock is ticking.

I agree 100% with the BBM portion of your post. Not disagreeing with the rest, but the BBM portion really struck a chord with me. We have all seen the beautiful outward image that is Abbigail Hernadez.

Who IS Abby as a person? What does she like? What are her interests? What does she love? What does she dream? What are her quirks? Things or behaviors Distinctive to HER?

THIS is what needs to be disseminated to the public. These are the bits and pieces of Abby that are harder to disguise/change/alter. These are the things that will help identify her no matter her wardrobe or appearance IMO.

Her family, friends, classmates and peers would be a great resource for THAT information and if given to the public, could be a great help in something striking someone as noticeable about a young lady of that age they were in recent contact with.

All of the above is just MOO. Thanks for your post mom, it made me think along some lines that I feel are important.

It was sent to a PO box that did not get checked daily, not to her mom's house.

Thank you.

At the moment, we have no idea it was addressed to mom, or if it was a sent to a PO box that belongs to another person or entity. We have no clue if it came to a business or individual that might know who she is but at which she does regularly or ever receive mail.

LE was EXTREMELY precise in their wording about the letter, telling nothing about it's content, simply that they believe it did come from Abby. The wording of their responses was very (and IMO purposefully) vague about WHERE the letter went, to whom it was addressed, whether it is usual or unusual for Abby's mom to receive mail there, and whether mail sent to that PO was daily or regularly checked.

I am left to wonder who was the older "boy" she was in communicating with on the web and was he an actual boy or just a cleverly disguised adult male with ulterior motives?

This case is very frustrating on that topic because we have only heard there was such a "boy" and we have never heard word one about whether that "boy" was identified and cleared by LE.

I am a veteran case follower by now and the silence from LE and lack of detail, while maddening, is not unusual to me anymore. I have seen in past cases and will no doubt continue to see it in future ones. Each case is just as frustrating as the last, one never gets used to it that frustration. One become less surprised by it, but never less frustrated by it. So if Abby's is the first case you have followed, just know, I feel your frustration, I feel it. Most veterans do. But it is not unusual. If you have a minute, during a lull of posting or new info to digest in Abby's case, I strongly encourage you to poke about in other missing children cases, especially involving teens.

You will be shocked at how very many there are, and how very quiet it becomes after the initial rush of news/leads. IF the missing child even gets a blip on the radar in the first place. So may do not. :(

I am not shocked by the loss of interest or warm or cold cases as we know there are so many.

frustration is normal for folks and so are half truths, unfortunately.

As a person who knows every face and every name and every instance in NH and VT+ of abductid, attempted and the missing, I am not shocked.

I wait for the next missing. because I know it's inevitable, but I wish politicians et al would step up and bring us all out of the rabbit hole.

Bring em home-all jmo:banghead:

I am not shocked by the loss of interest or warm or cold cases as we know there are so many.

As a person who knows every face and every name and every instance in NH and VT+ of abductid, attempted and the missing, I am not shocked.

I wait for the next missing. because I know it's inevitable, but I wish politicians et al would step up and bring us all out of the rabbit hole.

I don't believe we have met. If so I am sorry not to recall. You seem to post little but say much when you do.

Good to meet you.

approximately how many minors missing in NH and VT right now?

how many runaways under age 16?

I haven't posted in awhile since things seemed to have been quiet lately, but I have been checking in as much as possible to see if there is any new news. I wish I could say that the news of her letter makes me hopeful, but it honestly gives me a sense of fear for Abby. I am glad that the possibility she is still alive seems to be high, but I fear she isn't missing by her own free will. I think whoever took her probably never imagined that the publicity of her disappearance would reach such a high profile level in the news. I think she could be being held by her captor and they forced her to write her mom saying that she left on her own and she's fine, not to worry - hoping that would make LE go away by assuming she is a run away. I am starting to think her disappearance is the same type of situation as Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Duguard, the Cleveland girls....JMO

I pray I'm wrong and she is safe and sound wherever she is.

(Sorry if someone already gave this theory, I'm still catching up).

Since LE is asking for national attention, I am guessing they do not feel the location of postmark is all that important as to where she is now? Maybe it was posted from an airport or train station or bus depot?

To try to show proof of life at a certain date.

Try to show willingness to be away from family and with the mysterey person(s) who are assisting her.

Nothing to see here folks. Yeah I may be away from my family and legal guardians, but I am complicit, move along now to more dire concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana