GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume they have alerted the authorities in the city and state of the postmark.

And how many people do you think are in any particular area? Let's say it's Boston, how many LE and how many civilians? In Boston you have 2,015 police officers responsible for covering an area of almost 90 square miles. In Boston there are 7.6 million people (over 630,000 just in the downtown area). I'd rather have 7.6 million people looking for my child than just 2,015. JMO

Since LE is asking for national attention, I am guessing they do not feel the location of postmark is all that important as to where she is now? Maybe it was posted from an airport or train station or bus depot?

Or through a mail service. I have looked at NONE of these sites to see how anonymous they are but this is apparently an option.

http://www.texasremail.com/

http://www.remail-letters.com/services.htm

http://rapidremailer.com/ (offers "delayed" mailing as well)

http://www.quickremail.com/

Food for thought

I don't believe we have met. If so I am sorry not to recall. You seem to post little but say much when you do.

Good to meet you.

Ticya, OT: you'd make a wonderful moderator!

This is starting to remind me of an old Australian case. I remember being not much older than the girl at the time and thinking how horrible. She was 14 at the time and went with an older male that she was banned from seeing. She never left his residence in five years and would hide in a closet when people came over!!

I know this is not like Abby's case but it sure shows how easy it is to manipulated a 14 year girl!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-girl-hid-cupboard-years-marries-captor.html

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/04/17/1050172705212.html

*edited to fix link, silly phone!!

So: Why release this now?
Was it about to be leaked?

I think that usually, much of the timing of what LE does is strategic. perhaps they are at their wits' end or feel they needed to release something to keep the case hot or to put pressure on a possible perp, etc.

pretty crazy that someone would argue that knowing the location the letter was sent would not be helpful to the public trying to assist in this case.

really weird that someone would argue that knowing, at least in a vague sense, the contents of the letter would not be helpful to people trying to find this girl.

how much is this investigation costing? who is paying for it?

Oh, but there are very many reasons why such information would not only not be helpful, but could be extremely detrimental to Abby's well being.

They may have a good idea who the perp could be. Or they may have a profile and are being given guidelines as to what to say, how much to say, etc. They be narrowing in. They may not want the public to believe only one area needs to be looked at.

You know, many times in these cases, where we think LE is fumbling about doing nothing, and that without our help, they will get nowhere, there's a ton that's happening behind the scenes and a lot of expertise we couldn't come to close having. I tend to give LE the benefit of the doubt until and unless it becomes pretty clear they are making mad mistakes. That became clear in the Elizabeth Smart case when her own family publicized a composite of a possible perp. Family making their own, independent public statements including investigation info is often a clue that things aren't going well.

I haven't followed this case but I don't think that's happening here yet. Right?

I don't agree with the word hindering, I think they're working one angle and I don't believe it's as productive as the angle of public help. I agree with not releasing the content of the letter, I don't even care what was written, who it was addressed to, or even when it was sent. The important thing for me, jill public, is the postmark. If I live in that area I'll keep an eye out. I'm less likely to notice a teenager who fits her description if I don't believe she's in my area, especially since appearances can so easily be changed.
But no, I don't think they are hindering the investigation but it does seem more like psychological games and politicking rather than enlisting the help of the public. I have a friend in MO who would love to help, but she's got nothing to go on. I have friends and family all across the nation and they would love to help, but there's no information. So here we sit.

The postmark may have zero to do with where she's at though. In fact, it seems very likely that the postmark is from a vastly different area than where the child is, just like her last phone activity might have been designed to throw LE off the scent. LE likely doesn;t want people relaxing in areas outside where it was postmarked, which is very likely to happen. EVERYONE needs to keep their eyes open, everywhere.

Try to show willingness to be away from family and with the mysterey person(s) who are assisting her.

Nothing to see here folks. Yeah I may be away from my family and legal guardians, but I am complicit, move along now to more dire concerns.

Yup. I totally agree! But I was responding to a question as to why the letter was dated at all.

In any event, I am very certain this child is with a predatory adult. Her phone activity, the letter, the dating of it, the timing, etc., all indicate to me that this kid is being hidden by someone who is sophisticated enough to know how to keep her hidden and confuse the public and make everyone think she's simply a runaway, off living a voluntary street life.

I suspect Abby is being preyed on by a very dangerous individual who coerced or manipulated her and I think she'll be lucky to get out of this alive, if she still is alive. We can only hope that whoever is "harboring" her has a strong enough fantasy that they are a couple and that the kid wants him, too, or a strong enough desire to keep having "fun" with her, that he won;t kill her. She, like other kids in these situations that we've known of, needs to keep a cool head and play the game until she can get away. Because I'm fairly sure that by now, that 15 year old is beyond ready to come home...and scared.

Ticya, OT: you'd make a wonderful moderator!

Wow. I consider that high praise indeed. The mods here are dedicated and deserving our respect. Thank you.

What was Abigail's dream? Model, singer, travel the world, live on an island? If mom's letter was responding to the letter received on Nov 6th, then she possibly told mom she was following her dream. So what was her dream? She must have thought the person she left with could help her fulfill this dream.

January 27, 2013:

"Some 450,000 children run away from home each year in the United States, according to information provided by the attorney general’s office. Research shows that one out of every three teens on the street will be “lured toward prostitution” within two days of leaving home.

“Many times these human trafficking victims don’t even realize they’re victims,” Matheson said. “They have been groomed and they think they’re doing it on their own.”

In one instance in 2011, police discovered that a 16-year-old runaway from Nashua was being advertised for sex services on the website Backpage. Traffickers drove the child through Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine before she was rescued at a hotel in Portsmouth, Matheson said.

Another example involved a 16-year-old who Matheson said was recruited at an Occupy New Hampshire rally. She was photographed by her handlers, trained to be a prostitute, then advertised on Backpage, Matheson said. Her first client was an undercover police officer.

“What the commission is looking to do is to really make the public aware that this is happening, and to change the attitudes that we have toward prostitution,” Matheson said.

Although Velardi hasn’t prosecuted any human trafficking cases, he said he has taken part in building an aggravated felonious sexual assault case in which a young man was brought into New Hampshire and sold to someone else for sex. Authorities in Maine prosecuted the human trafficking aspect of the case.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130127/GJNEWS_01/130129350/-1/FOSNEWS

January 27, 2013:

"Some 450,000 children run away from home each year in the United States, according to information provided by the attorney general’s office. Research shows that one out of every three teens on the street will be “lured toward prostitution” within two days of leaving home.

“Many times these human trafficking victims don’t even realize they’re victims,” Matheson said. “They have been groomed and they think they’re doing it on their own.”

In one instance in 2011, police discovered that a 16-year-old runaway from Nashua was being advertised for sex services on the website Backpage. Traffickers drove the child through Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine before she was rescued at a hotel in Portsmouth, Matheson said.

Another example involved a 16-year-old who Matheson said was recruited at an Occupy New Hampshire rally. She was photographed by her handlers, trained to be a prostitute, then advertised on Backpage, Matheson said. Her first client was an undercover police officer.

“What the commission is looking to do is to really make the public aware that this is happening, and to change the attitudes that we have toward prostitution,” Matheson said.

Although Velardi hasn’t prosecuted any human trafficking cases, he said he has taken part in building an aggravated felonious sexual assault case in which a young man was brought into New Hampshire and sold to someone else for sex. Authorities in Maine prosecuted the human trafficking aspect of the case.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130127/GJNEWS_01/130129350/-1/FOSNEWS

Backpage ads in every major city in the country should be checked for her pictures and/or description. Not enough LE resources and personnel to do this. Wise for family to raise money for a private investigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was Abigail's dream? Model, singer, travel the world, live on an island? If mom's letter was responding to the letter received on Nov 6th, then she possibly told mom she was following her dream. So what was her dream? She must have thought the person she left with could help her fulfill this dream.

My guess would be model. Several friends on FB continuously mention her looks, beauty, and that she could be a model. She's too short to be a model. If she knows that, maybe she wanted to be an actress. Someone may have promised to fulfill her dreams but is actually grooming her for *advertiser censored* or sex trafficking.

My guess would be model. Several friends on FB continuously mention her looks, beauty, and that she could be a model. She's too short to be a model. If she knows that, maybe she wanted to be an actress. Someone may have promised to fulfill her dreams but is actually grooming her for *advertiser censored* or sex trafficking.

Off-topic but I was looking at the instagram of the man in charge of hiring the Victoria's Secret models. He even has in his description that all of their models are chosen from agencies, yet the comments are filled with young girls asking if they can model for VS. I am glad these girls have confidence, but they are totally delusional. The sad thing is...they were able to find his instagram, so they did a little bit of research, but somehow, they think the models get hired based on instagram pictures? It's also scary because how many predators are going to contact these girls knowing how desperate they are to become models? They could pretend to be working for VS...

In the letter Abby's dad wrote, he mentioned that a bible verse was her computer password. I wonder if saying that he knows her password is a coded message of some sort, to Abby and whoever she is with, telling them that he has read all of her online correspondence with this person.

Abby's mom's letter talks about helping her follow her dreams. It makes me think the person who Abby is with initially convinced her to run away and help her with modeling dreams but it turned into an abduction. Someone who posed as an "older boy." Maybe dad's comment about knowing the password is a sign/reassurance that they are onto whoever has her.

Not giving any info. about where the letter was postmarked from could be to prevent hundreds of false leads pouring in with sightings of similar looking girls that are not Abby. If they gave a city or state, people could be more likely to think they see her. Just like with the DC sniper case...all of a sudden, people reported seeing suspicious white vans all over the area. All of the false leads would have to be investigated and take time and attention away from whatever LE feels should be done. By asking people around the nation to be aware, if they think she is in a certain area, and tips of a sighting are reported, wouldn't that seem more genuine?

This was my first post, so my apologies if it was not entirely a coherent read.
Just wildly speculating. Abby and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Is it a fact that she had any interest in being a model or actress? I am not getting any of that from her FB page but have not looked elsewhere.

Thank you for posting the pictures. So was the necklace and bag things Abby had on her or things she packed?

I am still unsure about if she made it home and took things with her. Or did her backpack she took to school contain personal items a girl would need. We all know what those things are.

That would be very telling.

The necklace/heart appears to be the same I posted earlier on and is in the JC/AH photo that was most recent at the time. It caught my attention because in all other photos, it appeared AH only wore a silver necklace without the blue heart. It is the photo that was circulated/posted on various pages including the last post by JC-9/27/13.

We also don't know that the letter was really written on the 22nd. She could have post dated it.

and/or traveled away from her "current" location to mail elsewhere or mailed by someone else in another area.
I am also sure they analyzed to determine if the letter flowed as AH would normally communicate and/or seemed coached/coerced in any way. That would be a reason for not releasing additional details and for the mentioned concern.

Is it a fact that she had any interest in being a model or actress? I am not getting any of that from her FB page but have not looked elsewhere.

As far as I know, she never had any pictures on her FB where she "pretended" she was a "model" like a lot of girls do. However, I think there are a lot of girls out there who might not currently have an interest in being a model...but if someone were to approach them, and pretend to be a scout or work for an agency, and be very convincing, and the girl was pretty gullible and naive...well, I could see them deciding to try it out.

It is hard to tell if she wanted to be a model or an actress, but there are about 2 dozen tumblr blogs devoted exclusively to Marilyn Monroe that she is following. (Approx. 30% of all that are on her list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc