GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was Abby's age, I worked near an annual fair/carnival. I have to tell you, these carny guys were CREEPY. I cannot see too many hs girls wanting to run off with one of them. Plus, if she was at the fair with her bf (which I do believe) when would she "meet" this person?

Do we even know that picture of the girl is the one associated with the video the man from Brockton saw? I hate how things can just steamroll on the internet. And I do give him credit for coming forward, especially if it was some sort of seamy internet site he was searching....

Thinking good thoughts for Abby <3 and her family.

Just remember folks, crossing into Canada isn't easy any longer. You need a passport and the borders are more closely watched. We have family property in Maine that has an old logging road that crosses into Canada in a very remote part of both areas. One time I was snowmobiling and accidentally crossed the border. Nothing like spending the day in custody explaining how that happened. Years ago we used to go back and forth with no issues whatsoever, and this isn't a town, it's literally in podunk, and I had border patrol stopping me almost immediately. So they watch the borders more carefully and she would need a passport.

That's good news!

Do they search your car and open your trunk too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a special once about how some girls are taken into trafficking and I was surprised by it.

They approached one teen as a legit business looking for models for teens clothes. They had her meet them at a coffee shop to talk over details and while there she got a bad vibe from the two people....one of them was a woman! The girl told them she was cold and needed to go out to her car to get her sweater, they grabbed her and pushed into another vehicle.
They allowed her to contact her mother but she could only say certain things, like, "I'm ok...I just need time away." But eventually the calls stopped coming.

So perhaps Abby did get into a situation like this...where she was allowed to send a letter of some type.

I had also posted that if a pair of people are involved, I believe there's a strong possibility that one may be female. My reasoning was it may contributed to an initial voluntary choice to be in the company of possible "abductor(s)". I also believe this contributed to why a letter was sent. This is strictly only my theoretical opinion.

Surely, the FBI has contacted the Canadian Border Services Agency and given them her pic and the description of the young woman and older man, right?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/mobile/ctu-ctn-2-eng.html

If they have crossed over at a checkpoint, there'd be video, correct?

AND a passport.

Getting into Canada is no longer a matter of producing a birth certificate or driver's license and for Abby we'd be talking about a phony passport and all the organization that comes with that IMO.
Again, with such a popular and well known missing person I see her as more of a liability to them.

That's good news!

Let's just say this, the last time I went through from Houlton, they searched me well enough that they confiscated my small travel size mace I have hanging on my key chain. I didn't even know it was illegal to cross the border with it and I was equally stunned to find out it wouldn't be returned to me when I passed back through. So to answer your question, yes.

When I was Abby's age, I worked near an annual fair/carnival. I have to tell you, these carny guys were CREEPY. I cannot see too many hs girls wanting to run off with one of them. Plus, if she was at the fair with her bf (which I do believe) when would she "meet" this person?

Do we even know that picture of the girl is the one associated with the video the man from Brockton saw? I hate how things can just steamroll on the internet. And I do give him credit for coming forward, especially if it was some sort of seamy internet site he was searching....

While I agree that the creep factor along the midway is high, the ride operators, hawkers, food vendors, arcades, etc, there are also some very professional aspects to Agricultural fairs. Some of the bands and other entertainment venues are well known local and not local professionals. There are professional horsemanship and riding shows, etc., as well as retail distributors, reps, sales and marketing reps, etc. In other words the 'carnival' aspect is quite small and insignificant.

Has anyone considered that there may not have been any letter from AH, and that LE might just want someone that is holding her to think that she reached out with some unspecified communication? I'm just wondering if LE is taking a gamble that they can rattle and flush out someone by creating the belief that they know something more about what's going on than they actually do. I was just thinking that before the letter announcement, it was looking like media attention, leads, and info was becoming scant ..... so this might just be strategy.

Maybe not, but it's a thought I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere else.

(Long time lurker here) :)

GP

While I agree that the creep factor along the midway is high, the ride operators, hawkers, food vendors, arcades, etc, there are also some very professional aspects to Agricultural fairs. Some of the bands and other entertainment venues are well known local and not local professionals. There are professional horsemanship and riding shows, etc., as well as retail distributors, reps, sales and marketing reps, etc. In other words the 'carnival' aspect is quite small and insignificant.

Absolutely true! In fact, the agricultural aspects are my favorite parts of the fairs (now) ... but not when I was a teen. We provided food to many of the carnival workers and got to know a few of them fairly well. I'm sure there are some good hearted people among them, but the ones interested in teenage girls were not so good hearted for the most part!

Has anyone considered that there may not have been any letter from AH, and that LE might just want someone that is holding her to think that she reached out with some unspecified communication? I'm just wondering if LE is taking a gamble that they can rattle and flush out someone by creating the belief that they know something more about what's going on than they actually do. I was just thinking that before the letter announcement, it was looking like media attention, leads, and info was becoming scant ..... so this might just be strategy.

Maybe not, but it's a thought I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere else.

(Long time lurker here) :)

GP

IMO, If information is put out that AH made some type of communication unbeknownst to the "abductor(s)" this would certainly put her in the chance of more harm than she already is in.

I believe any tip should be called in no matter what. You just never know.

I agree, it may. But I'm just wondering if, two months into the investigation and they have nothing else .... All of their efforts have resulted in nothing .... Is this something they would try? They're not implying that the letter was especially helpful in terms of identifying perp(s) or details of a crime, but they are saying that they've heard from her ...... which may be placing her in greater danger, or may be making someone holding her nervous enough to make a mistake. I'm just wondering if that's a gamble they would (maybe) take at this point.

Absolutely true! In fact, the agricultural aspects are my favorite parts of the fairs (now) ... but not when I was a teen. We provided food to many of the carnival workers and got to know a few of them fairly well. I'm sure there are some good hearted people among them, but the ones interested in teenage girls were not so good hearted for the most part!

Well I realize my fryeburg theory has some strong and weak points, but the attraction of traveling and opening up new worlds to a small town girl seems to have some merit in her social media. She did meet someone and left no trail beforehand. How she did that is anyone's guess. But the fair, it's proximity and timeline along with the hoards of out-of-town people, both participating and visiting is just too tantalizing to me IMO.

Again I am just theorizing and nothing of this is taken as factual.

That's good news!

We went to Canada this summer in a camper van.
They searched it.

Me, my son and my boyfriend were traveling together, and we all have different last names and my son is 17, so that combined with our old VW camper might have triggered a search.
And yes, you need passports now to go to Canada.

And it sounds like crossing on old logging roads isn't so easy anymore. My brother accidentally crossed on one about 30 years ago on a snowmobile. And he crossed back when he realized his error!

There are comments under this MSM article, one of which claims an alleged sighting in St. Albans, VT of a man, his girlfriend, and a girl who the woman said she was 100% sure looked like Abby. (The tip was called into FBI and local police).

http://www.wcax.com/story/24148877/fbi-nh-teen-in-touch-with-mom-after-she-vanished

Sounds similar to the Errol sighting of a man and two young women.

If this is legitimate, could they be headed for the Canadian border?

http://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/montreal-touted-as-the-sex-tourism-capital-of-north-america

"Cora" has been posting this claim on a few comment sections for several weeks. If I recall, it may have even been back as far as the week that AH went missing. If there's any merit to her claim, why did she not take action at that time?

"Cora" has been posting this claim on a few comment sections for several weeks. If I recall, it may have even been back as far as the week that AH went missing. If there's any merit to her claim, why did she not take action at that time?

And what are the black and white patterned pants she mentions? In photos? I don't think I have seen any. Pinch of salt MOO

I don't see LE choosing such a bizarre set of dates if they were "fibbing" about her writing a letter.

I also do not see why they would be so secretive if they know who she is with. In at least three other recent or current cases involving teen girls being with older men, the men were identified at once by LE, also in past cases like this. How else can they be found? If LE knows and is holding back his name, they are going against what seems to be done in almost all other cases and mostly, is sucessful. JMO

How dismal! If she's bluffing, she should be locked away. Who would do that?

Just remember folks, crossing into Canada isn't easy any longer. You need a passport and the borders are more closely watched. We have family property in Maine that has an old logging road that crosses into Canada in a very remote part of both areas. One time I was snowmobiling and accidentally crossed the border. Nothing like spending the day in custody explaining how that happened. Years ago we used to go back and forth with no issues whatsoever, and this isn't a town, it's literally in podunk, and I had border patrol stopping me almost immediately. So they watch the borders more carefully and she would need a passport.

It's been a few years since I went to Canada. I thought the passport was needed to return to the US.

Trust me when I say that if you are family of a missing child, you get tough fast. Reading nasty things about what could be happening to your child isn't eye-opening...its simply hashing out what you have already thought about over and over again.

I have stood in the room where LE has told me and my husband, "We still don't know where your son is but there is a possibility he is deceased. Prepare yourselves."

Nothing...NOTHING...will ever be the same again. If Abby is found or not found or is safe or not safe....nothing will ever be the same for this family. And I pray for all of them. I am here because I care very much. No matter what.

The thanks button is not enough. Thank you for sharing your personal story and adding your expertise to WS.

It's been a few years since I went to Canada. I thought the passport was needed to return to the US.

It is. Canada isn't going to let you in if you don't have the docs to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne